Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954468 Jul 26, 2013
Fox News Continues To Push Phony Benghazi "Stand Down" Claim

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/07/26/fox-n...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954469 Jul 26, 2013
WOW wrote:
And let's not let the "fair and free" press off the hook. Back when Jim Crow and segregation were "the law of the land" in the South, the press served as cheerleaders for all those kind, compassionate Democrats as they lovingly lynched black people by the hundreds on a yearly basis.
Small wonder that the press behaved as badly as it did, though. The people who ran those papers, which proudly featured the brutalized and desecrated bodies of black lynching victims on their front pages quite frequently, were all Democrats.
conservative democrats.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#954470 Jul 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Capital gains are income, they should be taxed at the same rate as earned income whether that be 100% or ZERO, it doesn't matter.
Why do you have to parse my posts to try and score a point. My entire point too much for you?
You're like Floriduh changing my quotes 'cause he's too stupid to debate head to head.
You're the one who parses your words after you make a liberal post. You can't hide your gut feelings.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#954471 Jul 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News Black Out: No Reporting On Juror Who Said Zimmerman “Got Away With Murder”
It’s not bad enough that Fox News openly rooted for George Zimmerman before, during and after his trial. Nor that they denied that race could have played any part in the crime or the subsequent proceedings and coverage. Nor that they shamelessly, and without foundation, demonized Trayvon Martin as a violent thug. Nor that they insulted all African-Americans by insisting they would resort to massive rioting after the acquittal (which did not occur). Nope. Now Fox is brazenly perverting the news landscape by what they choose not to report.
Yesterday, ABC News aired an interview with “Maddy,” a woman who sat on the Zimmerman jury and made significant news with her remarks. She told Robin Roberts that she believed that Zimmerman “got away with murder.” She went on to express sympathy for Trayvon’s parents and said that “in our hearts we felt he was guilty.” In the end, however, she felt that the state had not proved its case and she voted to acquit along with the other jurors.
Maddy’s statements were obviously newsworthy and were covered by most legitimate news outlets. Her observations were in sharp contrast to the previous juror who came forward, identified only as B37, shortly after the trial concluded. B37&#8242;s interview was covered broadly by the media including Fox News. Additionally, Fox’s Sean Hannity interviewed an alternate juror, E54, who said that he agreed with the verdict and believed that Zimmerman was justified in shooting the unarmed teenager.
Somehow Fox has decided that the only juror to go public with comments sympathizing with the Martin family was not suitable for coverage. In my research I have not found a single report broadcast on the network since Maddy’s interview with ABC News. This cannot be regarded as an accident. Given the broad-based coverage elsewhere, it is clear that Fox made an editorial judgment to black out Maddy’s story and deprive their audience of critical information.
This is blatant evidence of how Fox manipulates the news and their gullible audience. It is further confirmation for why Fox News viewers are repeatedly shown to be the most ill-informed audience when compared to other news sources, or even to those who don’t watch news at all.
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
A year from now, ABC News will still be picking at the Zimmerman Trial and Jury and sonic, mediamatters, progressive and a laundry list of Liberal propagandists will be pounding the cube steak of reality trying to make it into Progressive Filet mignon.

In other words, you are beating a dead cow.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#954472 Jul 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Politics as Professional Wrestling: Calling Out the Fake "Black" Conservative Callers Playing Their Assigned Role on Right-wing Talk Radio
The controversy over George Zimmerman's acquittal for murdering Trayvon Martin is Christmas in July for black conservatives. The professional best black friends for white conservatives who defend George Zimmerman--and by extension the White Right--are in high demand.
As such, Allen West has revealed himself to be a black man who would sell himself into chattel slavery and thank his white owners for the privilege. Shelby Steele, a brilliant man, demonstrates once more that he is psychologically damaged.
Even the D-List backbenchers, as seen in this video from Crooks and Liars, and who are the equivalent of a pee wee baseball league team, are getting a chance to show their teeth and gums as they work on their "self-hating black folks who buck-dance for the pleasures of white conservatives that watch Fox News" dance routine.
Many folks likely believe that these (and other) black conservatives are sincere. Why make such an assumption? In order for a person of color to so betray their community, serving as a human hose who ejaculates and sprays the befouled and racist talking points birthed from the Right-wing echo chamber out of their mouths, on a basic level one must convince him or herself that what they are saying is true.
Yes, money is an inducement for betrayal and foolishness. But, in keeping with my argument that politics is just like professional wrestling--where the latter is actually more honest--a person has to still sell the performance if they want to get repeat work.
Populist black conservatives in the Tea Party GOP mold have to be themselves "with the volume turned way up". However convincing they may be, said black folks are still playing a role for the pleasures and joys of the White Right. Black conservatives are also great "heels" who attract the boos and condemnation of the African-American community (and those others) who correctly see in them a betrayal of the Black Freedom Struggle.
http://www.chaunceydevega.com/2013/07/politic...
Like I said: Democrats are racists. We embrace all conservatives-we see no color like you do. It is a shame that democrats are just that way. Big tent of freaks.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954473 Jul 26, 2013
Obama Challenges Republicans To a Good Old Fashioned Budget Street Fight

This week’s group of speeches along with the president’s willingness to shutdown the government show that Obama is challenging Republicans to meet him out back and settle this budget feud once and for all.

President Obama has made it clear that he would like nothing more than to make a deal to get rid of the sequester cuts, but he refuses to deal on Republican terms. Since his opposition is stuck on the word no, the White House has decided to play hardball if Republicans keep demanding nothing but more spending cuts.

According to The Washington Post,“Senior White House officials are discussing a budget strategy that could lead to a government shutdown if Republicans continue to demand deeper spending cuts, lawmakers and Democrats familiar with the administration’s thinking said Thursday. The posture represents a more confrontational approach than that of this spring, when President Obama decided not to escalate a fight over across-the-board reductions known as sequestration in an earlier budget battle with Republicans. The change in tone has been evident in repeated and little-noticed veto threats over the past few weeks by Obama, who has rarely issued the warnings with such frequency. He has made it clear that he will not sign into law Republican spending bills that slash domestic programs even more deeply than sequestration. If Republicans do not relent and the White House sticks to its position, a shutdown would be likely at the end of September, when Congress must authorize a new measure to fund the government.”

Republican Speaker of the House John Boehner responded with his characteristic weakness to the Post story. Boehner’s office is already trying to spin any potential shutdown as Obama’s fault,“This emerging White House strategy is consistent with recent administration threats to veto any spending bill unless Congress agrees to the president’s demand for a broader budget deal with higher taxes and higher spending – the type of explicit threat to shut down the government rarely seen in Washington.”

The part about a the threat of a government shutdown being rarely seen is especially laughable given that Republican Senators threatened to shutdown the government over Obamacare 4 DAYS AGO. Republicans are always threatening to shutdown the government. It’s their go to move. Republicans have threatened a government shutdown during each fiscal cliff and debt ceiling standoff. They are always threatening to shutdown the government.

President Obama isn’t playing along this time. In fact, he is taking the GOP’s favorite move away from them. Obama knows that House Republicans have to run for reelection next year. The president is betting that they don’t have the stomach for a long government shutdown. Republicans will see an advantage in shutting down the government for a little while as a symbolic gesture, but once military pay and Social Security checks don’t go out to millions of Americans they’ll be in a world of hurt.

The White House is cutting to the chase. If they want to pursue their second term agenda, they can’t waste time with this fight. Republicans are already divided on the idea of shutting down the government, and Obama is making bold strategic moves to paint them into a corner.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/26/obama-...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#954474 Jul 26, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry I didn't realize English was a second language for you
largest superlative of large (Adjective)
Adjective
Of considerable or relatively great size, extent, or capacity.
Of greater size than the ordinary, esp. with reference to a size of clothing or to the size of a packaged commodity.
so since we are discussing terrorist attacks, second largest would refer to the second biggest in terms of extent or capacity-second most people killed and second largest in terms of destruction to property and area
the answer would be the Oklahoma City bombing, committed by a WHITE MALE CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE
And we are speaking of terrorist try googling these group
IRGUN, STERN GANG AND LEHTI
Let me know what you come up with.
It would seem that terrorism isn't restricted to Muslims and Arabs. Heck as far as I know the largest terrorist organization in the world is the IDF
like I said 'democrat tent of freaks'. You know even McVeigh said he wasn't a Christian. But if you want to play that game. O'bama is a moslem for sure.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954475 Jul 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
A year from now, ABC News will still be picking at the Zimmerman Trial and Jury and sonic, mediamatters, progressive and a laundry list of Liberal propagandists will be pounding the cube steak of reality trying to make it into Progressive Filet mignon.
In other words, you are beating a dead cow.
lol

that bit of hypocrisy coming from one of the beating the dead cow experts.

'scandals? what scandals?'

Lapeer, MI

#954476 Jul 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, get less stupid:
Jury Decision Based Entirely On Evidence
(Media's Declarations of Innocence Inaccurate)
By: Hugh Duvall
Juries never find defendants innocent. They cannot. Not only is it not their job, it is not within their power. They can only find them "not guilty."
Read more here: http://www.oregoncriminalattorney.com/Crimina...
Your congenital ignorance is not a self-induced, intentional characteristic, therefore, you cannot be found guilty of stupidity.

You can only be found innocent of attaining knowledge.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#954477 Jul 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News Continues To Push Phony Benghazi "Stand Down" Claim
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/07/26/fox-n...
This is a fine example why you can never sue fart 'news' for providing news... because they don't!

Just opinions.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#954478 Jul 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>11AM EST, sometimes, while fishing, during speedweeks, bike week and such. And again numbnts, when I drink, I drink Coors Light, the official water of NASCAR__healthier than most soft drinks and anything sold at Starbucks.
And now the drunk is lying

Realtime : It's almost 10am, think I'll crack open a Coors light.

Realtime : "Four Coors Lights, so far__usually five or six by now but with company coming I' ve been cooking-grilling and so on."

Lapeer, MI

#954479 Jul 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Let the fun begin. Wait till the Mayor and City Council find out that they have almost no authority to do anything.
The Motor City: City Council Spinning Its Wheels.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954480 Jul 26, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said: Democrats are racists. We embrace all conservatives-we see no color like you do. It is a shame that democrats are just that way. Big tent of freaks.
if dems are racist.....why won't minorities vote for Republicans?

yes, you can try the usual excuses if that's all you have. just remember....i won't believe one damn word.

and i'm getting a big kick out of watching you right wing racists trying to make the case that you aren't racist whilst adressing a bunch of white folks.

put you in a room with a dozen black folks, fire up your BS spiel and see how far it gets you.

Lapeer, MI

#954481 Jul 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, this is part of y'all's problem (not that this isn't the umpteenth time I've had to explain it).
You think that because I call you people and your handlers on the propaganda and just general BS you think I must therefore be defending Obama or the Democrats.
It is not a binary proposition, there's more than two possibilities.
I don't have to love Democrats to despise the lying, morally bankrupt right.
You dopes see everything in from that perspective, even members of your own Party, if they're not foaming-at-the-mouth right wing idiots y'all call them "Democrats".
I'm not a foaming-at-the-mouth right wing idiot so y'all assume I must be a democrat.
Get it?
You sound like the Schizophrenic arguing with his other self but occasionally interrupting the war to agree with each other that the two of you are not crazy but it is the outside world that is.

Your self-love has turned into an orgy of love/hate relationships:)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#954482 Jul 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear the mayor talking about selling the sewer system?
No, but many cities have turned operation and management of their wastewater systems over to private companies, mostly large international engineering, construction, and equipment supply companies that have far greater technical and management resources than any city. Contract is based on a fixed annual fee, with incentives, so the cost is known in advance.

Lapeer, MI

#954483 Jul 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevermind, there's plenty of nuts in my tent.
However, they don't tend to be mouth-breathing morons.
See?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954484 Jul 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>This is a fine example why you can never sue fart 'news' for providing news... because they don't!
Just opinions.
if someone tried to sue them for lying they'd swear to god they were just expressing an opinion.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#954485 Jul 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Capital gains are income, they should be taxed at the same rate as earned income whether that be 100% or ZERO, it doesn't matter.
Why do you have to parse my posts to try and score a point. My entire point too much for you?
You're like Floriduh changing my quotes 'cause he's too stupid to debate head to head.
Assuming that you mean the same for dividends, that would result in a decrease in the value of the company and an increase in the cost of capital. Of course, that means nothing to the left. Just need to understand the consequences.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#954486 Jul 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Following your logic, why not tax Social Security for all?

It is income, just like capital gains.

Lapeer, MI

#954487 Jul 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Let the fun begin. Wait till the Mayor and City Council find out that they have almost no authority to do anything.
Watched this morning's news. The City's Water Department is now charging businesses for rainwater spilling off their building's roofs and into Storm Sewers.

Like one businesswoman complained to the camera "If my building wasn't here, where would the rainwater go? Into the Storm Sewer!
Tax Nature!" , she laughed. She is now being charged $162.96 per month for Rain Discharge.

This is a great way to promote businesses moving into Detroit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min JOEL 71,186
Chicago Pizza Blows 55 min joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 1 hr IUEC 7,564
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 49,304
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr festivus infidel 68,906
Ask Amy 12-23 3 hr Mister Tonka 14
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,017
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:21AM
Fantasy Football 2015 Awards
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports