Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509075 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#955082 Jul 27, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Evangelicals!
Meanwhile, back in Benghazi:
Libya Prison Escape: More Than 1,000 Inmates Break From Jail Near Benghazi
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/27/liby...
The witnesses that Issa was going to subpoena? Issa's dad was a Syrian or Lebanese, I wonder if he can utter a few phrases in Arabic? I think his mother was a Mormon__now there is a unique combination eh?

Middle Eastern prisons are not real secure lily, did you ever see the movie "Support Your Local Sheriff" with James Garner? Where he drew a line on the floor?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#955083 Jul 27, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Black youth commit murder at a rate 10 times that of both white & Hispanic populations combined.
Obama is no help. He is a racist bigot.
Obama is trying to make the USA like Detroit.
If you are a Democrat Obama supporter, you are a moron.
You Dumbfks don't like to hear the truth, do you?
Well, we know we'll never hear the truth from you. Your above statement was a prime example. You're just a pathological liar who can't recognize the truth, even when there is solid proof to the contrary.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#955084 Jul 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So.... which one is the 'real' one then?
the Conservative Democrats are the ones that can sustain themselves without the need of Government Social Programs which the Pseudo Liberal Progressive Democrats depend on and advocate for more Government Social Programs that cant sustain themselves without someone elses wealth just like FDR did and knew that Social Security could never sustain itself when Social Security was created and you dont keep promoting a program that the SCOTUS ruled in 1960 that individuals have no rights to Social Security but the Pseudo Liberal Democrats want to keep the Sham going which proves they are the fake ones.

Social Security’s Sham Guarantee

By Michael D. Tanner

May 29, 2005

How many times during the recent debate over Social Security reform have you heard someone refer to Social Security’s “guaranteed benefit”? The AARP says “Social Security is the guaranteed part of your retirement plan.” Nancy Pelosi, the Pseudo Liberal Democratic leader in the House, touts the system’s “guaranteed retirement benefit.” The Pseudo liberal activist group ProtectYourCheck.org , headed by former Clinton chief of staff Harold Ickes, is running ads calling Social Security “a guarantee you earned.”

But Social Security benefits are not guaranteed.

They are not guaranteed legally because workers have no contractual or property rights to any benefits whatsoever. In two landmark cases, Flemming v. Nestor and Helvering v. Davis, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Social Security taxes are not contributions or savings, but simply taxes, and that Social Security benefits are simply a government spending program, no different than, say, farm price supports. Congress and the president may change, reduce, or even eliminate benefits at any time.

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/s...

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#955085 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A "neo-conservative" is a Jewish former liberal Democrat who has turned because of the Democrat betrayal of Israel.
A neoconservative (also spelled "neo-conservative"; colloquially, neocon) in American politics is someone presented as a conservative but who actually favors big government, interventionalism, and a hostility to religion in politics and government. The word means "newly conservative," and thus formerly liberal. A neocon is a RINO Backer, and like RINOs does not accept most of the important principles in the Republican Party platform. Neocons do not participate in the March for Life, stand up for traditional marriage, or advocate other conservative social values. Neocons support overthrowing foreign governments even when the results are new regimes likely to allow persecution of Christians.

Many older neocons had been liberals in their youth and admired President Franklin D. Roosevelt, while younger neocons are more economically conservative than Roosevelt but like to downplay the social issues. In 2010 the highest priority of the neoconservatives was to increase military action by the United States in the Middle East and Afghanistan, and to expand it to an American confrontation against Iran; in 2011 their goals include supporting a military attack on Libya, continuing the Afghanistan War indefinitely, and even suggesting military action against Syria. There is a revolving door between some neocons and highly paid positions in the defense industry, which may explain the constant neoconservative demands for more wars.

http://conservapedia.com/Neoconservatism

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#955086 Jul 27, 2013
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
I too reject what the Liberal Democrat party has become. Exactly the reason I changed my registration from D to I. I do not want to be associated with them or their agenda.
I agree and alot of Democrats I know here in Indiana like me mostly vote Republican in the National Elections since most Democrats on the National Level are out there in extreme Left Field and I knew in 2008 when Obama was looking for a running mate that Evan Bayh wasnt going to get selected because Evan Bayh is considered to the Right politically of Obama besides too conservative for Obama.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
headlines

AOL

#955087 Jul 27, 2013
.

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955088 Jul 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>A neoconservative (also spelled "neo-conservative"; colloquially, neocon) in American politics is someone presented as a conservative but who actually favors big government, interventionalism, and a hostility to religion in politics and government. The word means "newly conservative," and thus formerly liberal. A neocon is a RINO Backer, and like RINOs does not accept most of the important principles in the Republican Party platform. Neocons do not participate in the March for Life, stand up for traditional marriage, or advocate other conservative social values. Neocons support overthrowing foreign governments even when the results are new regimes likely to allow persecution of Christians.
Many older neocons had been liberals in their youth and admired President Franklin D. Roosevelt, while younger neocons are more economically conservative than Roosevelt but like to downplay the social issues. In 2010 the highest priority of the neoconservatives was to increase military action by the United States in the Middle East and Afghanistan, and to expand it to an American confrontation against Iran; in 2011 their goals include supporting a military attack on Libya, continuing the Afghanistan War indefinitely, and even suggesting military action against Syria. There is a revolving door between some neocons and highly paid positions in the defense industry, which may explain the constant neoconservative demands for more wars.
http://conservapedia.com/Neoconservatism
You make a serious mistake when you use abortion as a tool to determine whether someone is a Conservative, many strong Conservatives not being religious people.

Abortion is a religious issue, not a political issue.

Many strong pro-lifers are economic liberals.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955089 Jul 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree and alot of Democrats I know here in Indiana like me mostly vote Republican in the National Elections since most Democrats on the National Level are out there in extreme Left Field and I knew in 2008 when Obama was looking for a running mate that Evan Bayh wasnt going to get selected because Evan Bayh is considered to the Right politically of Obama besides too conservative for Obama.
Evan Bayh is a traditional Democrat who no longer has a place in the party.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955090 Jul 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>the Conservative Democrats are the ones that can sustain themselves without the need of Government Social Programs which the Pseudo Liberal Progressive Democrats depend on and advocate for more Government Social Programs that cant sustain themselves without someone elses wealth just like FDR did and knew that Social Security could never sustain itself when Social Security was created and you dont keep promoting a program that the SCOTUS ruled in 1960 that individuals have no rights to Social Security but the Pseudo Liberal Democrats want to keep the Sham going which proves they are the fake ones.
Social Security’s Sham Guarantee
By Michael D. Tanner
May 29, 2005
How many times during the recent debate over Social Security reform have you heard someone refer to Social Security’s “guaranteed benefit”? The AARP says “Social Security is the guaranteed part of your retirement plan.” Nancy Pelosi, the Pseudo Liberal Democratic leader in the House, touts the system’s “guaranteed retirement benefit.” The Pseudo liberal activist group ProtectYourCheck.org , headed by former Clinton chief of staff Harold Ickes, is running ads calling Social Security “a guarantee you earned.”
But Social Security benefits are not guaranteed.
They are not guaranteed legally because workers have no contractual or property rights to any benefits whatsoever. In two landmark cases, Flemming v. Nestor and Helvering v. Davis, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Social Security taxes are not contributions or savings, but simply taxes, and that Social Security benefits are simply a government spending program, no different than, say, farm price supports. Congress and the president may change, reduce, or even eliminate benefits at any time.
http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/s...
Social Security and Medicare are already means-tested, reducing so-called "guaranteed" benefits for some recipients.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#955091 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Except perhaps in government, anyone can generally be fired for any reason except for those specifically prohibited by law, such as race, gender, age, etc.
You can fire an employee because you don't like his ties.
Doesn't matter. We were discussing the leave of absence given to IRS employees. In their case "the employer" must show 'just cause' for firing them. That involves an investigation. Otherwise, they could easily file a wrongful termination lawsuit the would result in you (the taxpayer) shoveling out millions in settle fees.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#955092 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The previous Senator was a DemoKKKrat
So? The voters elected another Democrat and she decided to stab them in the backs by not serving her community. The Democrats loss to farmer whatshisname because they didn't pick a better candidate. Being a Dumbo, you should be familiar with that scenario.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#955093 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Evan Bayh is a traditional Democrat who no longer has a place in the party.
Right.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#955095 Jul 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I can't tell whose side he's on... other than his own!
He's an opportunist who has no regard for no regard for principles or consequences, plain an simple.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#955096 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Social Security and Medicare are already means-tested, reducing so-called "guaranteed" benefits for some recipients.
I say eliminate Social Security & Medicare now since the Pseudo Liberal Warren SCOTUS ruled in 1960 in the case of Flemming V Nestor that Individuals have no rights to Social Security and it is the same Medicare which are based on a tax besides the 1937 SCOTUS ruling stated that the Social Security Tax is just a tax like any other Tax and the Federal Government is free to spend it anyway the Federal Government wishes which why there has never been a Social Security Trust Fund just on paper as an accounting practice which Clinton admitted in his 2000 Budget which is one thing I will give Bill Clinton Credit for and he wasnt lying.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#955097 Jul 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I must have missed that con bit.....
... Apple's been producing in China because Obamacare has been in existence for years?!?!?!
... and yet I hear Apple is talking about bringing manufacturing jobs back?!?!?!
Talk about cons being a mixed up bunch!
"The opinions that are held with passion are always those for which no good ground exists; in deed, the passion is is the measure of the holders lack of rational conviction. Opinions in politics and religion are always held passionately." Bertrand Russell

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCN Llin

United States

#955098 Jul 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I say eliminate Social Security & Medicare now since the Pseudo Liberal Warren SCOTUS ruled in 1960 in the case of Flemming V Nestor that Individuals have no rights to Social Security and it is the same Medicare which are based on a tax besides the 1937 SCOTUS ruling stated that the Social Security Tax is just a tax like any other Tax and the Federal Government is free to spend it anyway the Federal Government wishes which why there has never been a Social Security Trust Fund just on paper as an accounting practice which Clinton admitted in his 2000 Budget which is one thing I will give Bill Clinton Credit for and he wasnt lying.
LOL

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#955099 Jul 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Why has He abandoned you and you Him?
I know son. You enjoy using Him at your leisure.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#955100 Jul 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Peeping Tom?
You're on the Tennis Court wearing a dress w/no undies, fer crissake!
lol! Oh no son! That's not me on the tennis court! Obviously you're peeping at someone else.

Is it time for you to invoke God's name again son? Or for you to swear like a drunken sailor?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#955101 Jul 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
So? The voters elected another Democrat and she decided to stab them in the backs by not serving her community. The Democrats loss to farmer whatshisname because they didn't pick a better candidate. Being a Dumbo, you should be familiar with that scenario.
They're so party centric, they prefer a bad con over a good democrat...

... requires no thinking on their part!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#955102 Jul 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's an opportunist who has no regard for no regard for principles or consequences, plain an simple.
Seems to be the norm for right wing crazies....

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 35 min Into The Night 8,067
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min District 1 239,527
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 51 min Into The Night 63,568
Local Politics Do you approve of Rahm Emanuel as Mayor? (Sep '12) 3 hr Tom 10
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Madigan as ? 3 hr tom 2
Obama has LEAK under sink. 6 hr TroyTheTruePlumber 38
Graduation in Detroit. 8 hr De Bow 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages