Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#954187 Jul 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
As a note to Eman & Topix.
"If you do not have specific permission (preferably written!) from the owner of a photo, you cannot legally display it on a website, post it to the Usenet, copy it, send it around by Email or other means, make photos derived from it, sell it, or otherwise exploit it."
"* Civil penalties ("damages"). The pirate is on the hook for up to $150,000 for each misused photo;
* Attorney's fees: the infringer has to pay your attorney's hourly fees and all costs such as copies, postage, filing fees, etc.
* Restraining orders, Preliminary and Permanent Injunctions against the infringer, and even seizure of the pirate's computer equipment in some cases."
http://webnet77.com/webstuff/copyright.html
I own the copyright to my Avatar photo.
This is to state that anyone other than my registered identify does NOT have my permission to use this photo that appears in my avatar.
If you continue to use this photo, you take the risk that I may legally pursue this.
It's up to you. ll I need is to find a hungry lawyer & offer him a large percentage of my take.
Did yew drawer that Duh A Vey?

lol
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#954188 Jul 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Think I've been pretty clear where I stand on exploiting tragedies for political purposes.
Again, if we weren't being played like violins by the liberal media at the behest of this administration to keep us divided for political purposes, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
So, are you saying that it's the "liberal medias" fault that these posters found humor in the tragic death of those two women?
That's a stretch.

I might add that it's the rightwing mentality to categorize everything into politics; they likely assumed that these women were Democrats (organic farmers) so therefore it was funny that they drowned to death. Same with Trayvon Martin; he is symbol of a black man (President Obama), therefore, he deserved to be murdered.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#954189 Jul 26, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The moslems are laughing all the way to the terrorist bank. NYC is a good place for them. Maybe one more bombing and America will wake up to the dangers of Islam instead of embracing it. Chicago can't be far behind in the Islamitization of the city.
BTW can you identify the second largest terrorist attack on U.S. soil and who was responsible for it?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954190 Jul 26, 2013
"White Man, Blackened, Snatches Purse": The Long Ugly History of White People Blaming Black Folks For Their Crimes

Look a Negro!

All of the White Conservative concern trolling over black on black crime is a deflection against the need to talk about racial inequality in the criminal justice system. The Ted Nugents, Rush Limbaughs, Bill O'Reillys and other mouthpieces for the White Right do not care one iota about black people's personal safety, security, lives, or happiness.

If their concern was sincere, they would also be willing to talk about reasonable gun control policies, correcting the structural and institutional inequalities that breed crime, embrace the Equal Protection Clause of the Constitution, and want to press for public hearings about unfair and disparate law enforcement practices along the lines of race and class in America.

Why talk about institutional racism and racial profiling when it is easier to talk about some imagined indifference by "black leadership" to the problem of crime in the African-American community?

The White Right is of course mute when it comes to the centuries-old pattern in the United States where whites dishonestly claim that black people have committed crimes, when in fact the white "victim" is often the perpetrator.

....In keeping with this habit, one of the most recent obsessions by the White Right is that there was a "cover-up" by the "liberal media" of "white victimhood" at the hands of "black criminals". Not surprisingly, this meme is a lie.

The white "victim" Sherry West said that those default criminals, i.e. "two black men" killed her 13 month old child. Her story is now unraveling.

I often wondered why white criminals just do not put on the burnt cork and go out and commit crimes as a "black" person. Given the racialized crime narrative in the media, and how implicit/subconscious bias against black people is a fixture in the American psyche, such a gambit would seem to have a high probability of success.

http://www.chaunceydevega.com/2013/07/white-m...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#954191 Jul 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
what's the problem?
Clinton created 23 million jobs. Bush created 1.1 million.
feel better? if not, i've got more.
No Surprize is right about you.

sonicfiller is head circle jerk in his park.

Presidents don't create jobs, idiot, business people do (unless you are a DumbocRAT. then it's government jobs).

In addition, if you understood anything about the economy, we usually start to see the results of economic activities, a couple of years after the activity starts.

Idiot.

Propaganda circle jerk.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954192 Jul 26, 2013
Evidence in the Baby Santiago case seems to point more and more toward the fact that the two black youth accused of this shooting are innocent of the crime they’ve been blamed for. Yet their pictures have been plastered all over social media, and they’ve been labelled as “baby killers”– a favorite phrase of the right-wing since the day of the shooting. Can we hope that there will be a fair trial for these youth? Can we hope that our justice system will not continue to convict the innocent, while allowing the guilty to go free? Can we hope that the media will report fairly and accurately on this case? Can we hope that the Georgia court system will be fairer and more just than the one in Florida?

And what of Sherry West? If it turns out that a southern white women did in fact kill her own infant in order to collect some insurance money, will American’s show the same level of vehemence they did when they believed it was two black teens who killed Antonio Santiago? Will they still cry out for execution, or will they see the case differently, if the killer turns out to be middle-aged, white and female, rather than young, black and male?

Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/07/24/new-e...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#954193 Jul 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse Atlantic City with the rest of the Jersey Shore.
California will survive because it has a huge tax base.
you were comparing Atlantic City to Detriot is why I said there was a big difference besides California is living on & has been on Borrowed Money and 3 cities in California alone in 2012 declared bankruptcy so California dosent have a huge tax base to tax from but a huge debt base which more California city Bankruptcies are to come and California is another Pseudo Liberal Utopia getting ready to fail.

These California cities could be next in bankruptcy

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#954194 Jul 26, 2013
Obama ‘Concerned and Disappointed’ After Journalist Who Exposed US War Crimes Freed

July 26, 2013

Abdulelah Haider Shaye "put in prison because he had the audacity to expose a U.S. cruise missile attack that killed three dozen women and children.”

At one point Shaye was slated for early release, but a phone call from Obama urged Yemeni officials to keep him behind bars.

http://intellihub.com/2013/07/26/obama-concer...

Since: Jul 13

Anywhere, USA

#954195 Jul 26, 2013
Help wrote:
<quoted text>Why aren't we hearing about the statement Jesse Jackson made? Not one time I heard it,might be the dems are holding it back
you mean THIS one.

“There is nothing more painful for me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start to think about robbery and then look around and see it’s somebody white and feel relieved.”
-JesseJackson
Help

Jonesboro, AR

#954196 Jul 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't mention the number of children who have the same mother but different fathers. But he did emphasize the absence of fathers being another reason.
Rev. Jesse Jackson said he wanted to cut Barack Obama's nuts out for "talking down to black folks" by giving moral lectures to African-Americans that was picked up on a hot microphone.
That's why O'Reilly is the only one brave enough to talk about it.
The two BILL'S agreed on one thing ,BILL O RILEY, BILL Cosby, one black one white amazing!!!!!!!!!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#954197 Jul 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You don't know the difference?
Wait, why am I surprised?
Wonder if knows the difference between dumb and stupid?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954199 Jul 26, 2013
Sherry West, Antonio Santiago: GBI finds traces of gunshot residue on Brunswick, Georgia parents

Over the phone, Sherry West told WJXT reporter Vic Micolucci that the residue found on her must have come from the struggle she says that happened with the teens charged in the murder: De'marquis Elkins and Dominique Lang.

She says she didn't know why the test would come back positive for her baby’s father, Louis Santiago, but insists he was not there.

By the way, West and Santiago are no longer together and WJXT couldn't reach him because he's in jail, being held without bond on charges of aggravated stalking related to family violence and violation of probation.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/sherry-...

i suppose i could act like a right winger and start accusing the father before anyone has proven that to be the case.

nah.

Anywhere, USA

#954200 Jul 26, 2013
BLACK LEADERS BLAST WASHINGTON'S ATTACK ON TEXAS
'It is now up to Mr. Holder to put up or shut up'

The move came Thursday when the Department of Justice asked judges in San Antonio to order oversight of the state’s voting operations.

That demand from the DOJ came even though the Supreme Court released a decision that essentially canceled Washington oversight of a lot of state elections procedures and practices.

Specifically canceled was a requirement that various states obtain permission from the federal government before making any voting procedures changes.

But Holder said he would use another portion of the law to try to continue what he wanted to watch among the states.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/black-leaders-blas...
headlines

AOL

#954201 Jul 26, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954202 Jul 26, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
No Surprize is right about you.
sonicfiller is head circle jerk in his park.
Presidents don't create jobs, idiot, business people do (unless you are a DumbocRAT. then it's government jobs).
In addition, if you understood anything about the economy, we usually start to see the results of economic activities, a couple of years after the activity starts.
Idiot.
Propaganda circle jerk.
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statements/201...

facts are not propaganda despite what FOX would like you to believe.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#954203 Jul 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
"White Man, Blackened, Snatches Purse": The Long Ugly History of White People Blaming Black Folks For Their Crimes
Look a Negro!
All of the White Conservative concern trolling over black on black crime is a deflection against the need to talk about racial inequality in the criminal justice system. The Ted Nugents, Rush Limbaughs, Bill O'Reillys and other mouthpieces for the White Right do not care one iota about black people's personal safety, security, lives, or happiness.
If their concern was sincere, they would also be willing to talk about reasonable gun control policies, correcting the structural and institutional inequalities that breed crime, embrace the Equal Protection Clause of the Constitution, and want to press for public hearings about unfair and disparate law enforcement practices along the lines of race and class in America.
Why talk about institutional racism and racial profiling when it is easier to talk about some imagined indifference by "black leadership" to the problem of crime in the African-American community?
The White Right is of course mute when it comes to the centuries-old pattern in the United States where whites dishonestly claim that black people have committed crimes, when in fact the white "victim" is often the perpetrator.
....In keeping with this habit, one of the most recent obsessions by the White Right is that there was a "cover-up" by the "liberal media" of "white victimhood" at the hands of "black criminals". Not surprisingly, this meme is a lie.
The white "victim" Sherry West said that those default criminals, i.e. "two black men" killed her 13 month old child. Her story is now unraveling.
I often wondered why white criminals just do not put on the burnt cork and go out and commit crimes as a "black" person. Given the racialized crime narrative in the media, and how implicit/subconscious bias against black people is a fixture in the American psyche, such a gambit would seem to have a high probability of success.
http://www.chaunceydevega.com/2013/07/white-m...
Or; perhaps black criminals could put on a white hood and commit crimes as a white person. Or paint themselves white and sing Mammy while they snatch a purse.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#954205 Jul 26, 2013
GENEVA — A member of the notorious "Pink Panther" jewel thief gang escaped from a Swiss prison after accomplices rammed a gate and overpowered guards with bursts from their AK-47s, police said Friday.

Milan Poparic, 34, fled with fellow inmate Adrian Albrecht, 52, from the Orbe prison in the western canton (state) of Vaud late Thursday, according to a police statement.

He is the third member of the Pink Panthers to escape from a Swiss prison in as many months, according to Vaud police.

Poparic, a Bosnian national, had been serving a sentence of six years and eight months for robbing a jewelry store in the Swiss city of Neuchatel in 2009. Albrecht was serving a seven-year prison sentence for various crimes including robbery, arson and money laundering.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/26/pink...

Anywhere, USA

#954206 Jul 26, 2013
HOW JESSE JACKSON AGREES WITH ZIMMERMAN
Exclusive: John Rocker challenges black leader over his quote about footsteps on the street

There is nothing more painful for me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start to think about robbery and then look around and see it’s somebody white and feel relieved.”

Ever encountered this quote?

Comes directly from the mouth of one of the “leaders” barking the loudest for the Department of Justice to open a civil right’s case against George Zimmerman and for the United Nations to step in and work to ensure justice for Trayvon is secured.

If, as Jackson claims,“blacks are under attack,” in America, it’s because they are being hunted and killed by other blacks, a fact that Helen Ubinas isn’t going to make in her article at the Philadelphia Daily News.

A national dialogue on race in America is needed, but the discussion needs to start with Jesse Jackson’s admission of what he fears most in the night walking behind him, said John Rocker

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/how-jesse-jackson-...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#954208 Jul 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know where you live, but the weather in California makes up for all of those inconveniences, provided that one can afford to live here.
Of course, sunny and warm just about every day might be boring for some who love cold and rain.
Particularly in the winter when we see stories about all the snow and ice storms, airport delays, etc.
Each to their own.
Flordia is alot nicer and the taxes are nothing like California which has a serve debt problem and I know people that moved to California thinking it was great and was only there for a short time and relocated to Florida and Florida has no income tax or the Taxes that California does.

States with no individual income tax

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_income_tax...
LCN Llin

United States

#954209 Jul 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you saying that it's the "liberal medias" fault that these posters found humor in the tragic death of those two women?
That's a stretch.
I might add that it's the rightwing mentality to categorize everything into politics; they likely assumed that these women were Democrats (organic farmers) so therefore it was funny that they drowned to death. Same with Trayvon Martin; he is symbol of a black man (President Obama), therefore, he deserved to be murdered.
"Liberal media" is faux talk, pure and simple.
What ever faults Carol has ..... many of the other right wing posters are potty mouth racists posting here what they can not say near their employers,children, wives or civilized people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Who 46,993
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min JOEL 69,488
Grocery Coupon and saving your pennies 10 min Susan 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min all fall short 50,021
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min WelbyMD 178,583
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 98,344
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 4 hr Whats the Bulb An... 8

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]