Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252776 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#954348 Jul 26, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for the sake of arguement
Death Toll
Waco: 76 branch Davidians; 4 ATF agents
Oklahoma City Bombing: 168 KIA; 680 WIA
Do the math, not even close.
ATF went there to serve legal warrants, if Dave had just complied and made his case in our legal system, nobody would have gotten hurt.
Dave opened fire, end of story
Dave bears sole responsibility for what happened at Waco
OKC was a mentally deranged response to the terrorist attack in Waco.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#954349 Jul 26, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
with grade school education, to grade four, he does not know!
Casablanca was NOT shown in southern theaters without a warning that racial equality was presented in the film
I've heard about that movie you old moron, but I'm not interested in stooping as low as you race industry scumbags and besides, that may have come out when you & nasty lily were alive, but it was long before my time, old moron.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#954350 Jul 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> You really don't have a clue as to what the SC said. Typical.
Hey old dummy! What does the word "abandon" mean?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#954351 Jul 26, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so then you are in favor of Judicial activism. After all SCOTUS struck down Congressional legislation that renewed in 2006 for 25 years and signed into law by George W Bush by an overwhelming majority.the vote was
House: 390-33
Senate 98-0
so you believe SCOTUS has the right to nullify legislation enacted into law by our representatives
...like Proposition 8?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#954352 Jul 26, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so then you are in favor of Judicial activism. After all SCOTUS struck down Congressional legislation that renewed in 2006 for 25 years and signed into law by George W Bush by an overwhelming majority.the vote was
House: 390-33
Senate 98-0
so you believe SCOTUS has the right to nullify legislation enacted into law by our representatives
...like DOMA?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#954353 Jul 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Galt favors subsidizing investments. I thought Galt was for ending all subsidies?
Obama subsidizes half the American population. Do you have a problem with that?
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

#954354 Jul 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Reaganphone.
Try FDR..

.you will have to google it....I....er...someone posted this before!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#954355 Jul 26, 2013
IRS employees have a prominent role in Obamacare, but their union wants no part of the law.

National Treasury Employees Union officials are urging members to write their congressional representatives in opposition to receiving coverage through President Obama’s health care law.

The union leaders are providing members with a form letter to send to the congressmen that says “I am very concerned about legislation that has been introduced by Congressman Dave Camp to push federal employees out of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program and into the insurance exchanges established under the Affordable Care Act.”
WOW

Bronx, NY

#954356 Jul 26, 2013
JIMMY CARTER THE FORMER 19th CENTURY KKK MEMBER lololol these ooons
WOW

Bronx, NY

#954357 Jul 26, 2013
MORE PROOF OBAMA WAS SELECTED NOT ELECTED President Obama made history in 2007 when as a Senator he was the first presidential candidate to receive Secret Service protection before formally becoming his party's nominee because there were a number of threats against him based on race

JESSIE JACKSON RAN IN THE RACISTS OLD DAYS HE NEVER GOT ANY SPECIAL PROTECTION THE FIX WAS IN FROM DAY ONE THATS WHY THEY PROTECTED HIM BEFORE HE WAS A CANDIDATE FOH

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#954358 Jul 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
Ah! The looney right!
All they can do is run in circles shouting 'The sky is falling! The sky is falling!'
The best part is when they run into each other and knock themselves out!
LOL. IF ONLY they would literally knock themselves out!!! They are doing a good job of knocking themselves out of the running for 2016.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#954359 Jul 26, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
YES BECAUSE MOST OF THEM ARE ILLEGAL ENTRANTS SO wow
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#954360 Jul 26, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey old dummy! What does the word "abandon" mean?
I suspect it's part of the right wing idiots plan for America son!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#954361 Jul 26, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You mean... like the corporate world?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#954362 Jul 26, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. IF ONLY they would literally knock themselves out!!! They are doing a good job of knocking themselves out of the running for 2016.
Oh heck! As long as the t-p is trying to hijack another party and the really mentally ill cons continue to push their agenda, it's clear the lack of direction and identity will continue.

The worry is all this redistricting they're doing to 'load' the election.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#954363 Jul 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Not really, southeastchevyparts.com has just about every part available.
It doesn't make any difference to Galt, the noisemaker without a clue.
That was Galts first car.
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

#954364 Jul 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>... say the cons who want to regulate the bedroom!
If you Liberals would stop with the sex with animals and man boy love schit....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#954365 Jul 26, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
parts can be an issue for '57 Chevy.
Don't park it on the street.
My cousin has around 8 of them in various states of restoration at any given time. It's amazing what he can do.
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

#954366 Jul 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I suspect it's part of the right wing idiots plan for America son!
doophus
'G-D' America!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#954367 Jul 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly
Ah, I see you have learned a lesson or two from F.A. about how to change people's posts to give them a different meaning. Well done, Kamerad. You must be so pleased with yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min red and right 192,564
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min USA people 54,013
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr nonattorney spoke... 99,937
9 dead 53 injured 3 hr Right Wing 10
abby7-7-15 5 hr mrs gladys kravitz 7
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr White_Lightning 6,156
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr White_Lightning 5,332
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages