Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
876,041 - 876,060 of 1,085,027 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter? Supposedly, only 20 "progressive" groups requested tax exemptions and only 6 of those were delayed for whatever reason.
Compare that to almost 300 conservative groups - many of them small neighborhood groups trying to become part of the political process - and their requests not only being delayed but also literally interrogated with questions that went far and beyond any semblance of what was necessary or appropriate.
Is this the kind of America you really want?
Why don't you provide a link once in awhile for your "facts". I haven't found anything that says only six "progressive" groups were targeted....only that 6 with "progressive" or "progress" in their title were targeted. The Inspector General continually makes reference to the May audit conducted by the treasury department without taking into account that the audit, as a result of Issa's narrow instruction, was conducted without knowledge that the IRS even targeted liberal groups. The audit was conducted on a "statistical sampling" of the applications provided by the IRS.

FACT: In their audit, as flawed as it was, the Treasury Department stated that "We reviewed all 298 cases that had been identified as potential political cases....in the majority of cases, we agreed that the applications submitted included indications of significant political campaign intervention. However, we did not identify any indications of significant political campaign intervention for 91 of the 296 application that had complete information." However, as is further explained in the audit, treasury department employees are not necessarily familiar with what does and does not signal a review.

(Keep in mind, under the direction of Issa, the IRS did not provide all applications to the Treasury Department, only those that could involve conservative groups.)

Republicans are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/05/15...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

Where do you get this idea that only part time jobs would be created?
Natural means of dealing with ObamaKKKare.
Tits Magee

Clarks Summit, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Mary rode the lovely, hairy stalk of celery like it was the first bus out of town and she could feel the wads of clotting blood flowing out of her tiny loins like a river. Every so often she'd put the bloody ends in her mouth and suck them clean then she'd sprinkle of a little more Tabasco and horseradish and stick it back inside herself again. The Tabasco sauce burned a little bit at first but it had the result of super-sensitizing her insides so when she finally did come her head arched back and her little toes curled painfully under her arches and there was menstrual blood everywhere, one her thighs, on her belly, dripping off her chin and she grunted like an animal and shoved the entire stick of celery all the up inside her tender body.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It aint fixed, moron.
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Well then gee whiz son. The so call CRA should be crashing the economy even further.

Can you show that to me?

And as for the so called 'money' you're looking for, check with the cons. It comes from the same place! Or are you telling me there a different rules for different parties?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

WOW wrote:
<quoted text>UNLESS YOUR OTHER HALF IS NATIVE TO THIS LAND LIKE MAYBE A CHEROKEE TAKE YOUR NABISCO HALF THE F OUTTA HERE MALCOLM X SPOKE ABOUT YOUR TYPE foh
Miami Indian. Mothers side. this tribe....

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMF5EV_Chi...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And so here you attempting to rationalize with someone who you claim is 'dead' and you still can't win.
wow.
My Noblesse Oblige is a hard habit to break.
Tits Magee

Clarks Summit, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Ok, kids, happy hour is over. Now for the main course.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is replacing full time jobs with part times jobs. This is a myth pushed by the Right Whiners.
This is another Dumbass Dave play on words.

Full-time jobs are not being replaced by part-time jobs, just converted into part-time jobs by cutting hours.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The improvement can begin if you leave my country son immediately son.
Everyone benefits!
And now you think you own a country.

Napoleonic Complex?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You obviously have a LOT of experience in this area, son!
I think, therefore, I am.

You don't, therefore, you are not.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is destructive personal behavior, regardless of race.
ah. a ray of light breaks through.

so tell me Galt, are you the Galt from the first Topix birther thread?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
FOXbot heads explode.....
Juror Says ‘George Zimmerman Got Away With Murder’
A woman who sat on the all-female jury that acquitted George Zimmerman said in an interview set to air Friday that the former neighborhood watch captain "got away with murder" in the shooting death of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.
Juror B29, the lone minority on the jury, allowed her face to be shown in her interview with ABC's Robin Roberts and disclosed a first name of Maddy. But the 36-year-old nursing assistant, who is Puerto Rican, did not offer her last name, citing security concerns.
In the interview that will air on "Good Morning America," Maddy said that she and the jurors followed Florida law and the evidence put forth was not sufficient to prove murder. And for that, she said, Zimmerman walked.
"George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can't get away from God. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with," Maddy told ABC. "[But] the law couldn't prove it."
Maddy said she expected to be the juror "to give them the hung jury."
"I fought to the end," she said.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/j...
Yesterday's news. Nobody cares.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
we'll still have abortions even if the Court would finally see it your way. you know that to be fact, but you seem to care less about putting women at risk.
that's odd, don't you think?
It should be a little less convenient. Women used to find the money somehow to go to New York to get an abortion at one time.

Women used to have their babies and ended up making a good life for them and for themselves and never regretted it. I know several personally myself.

Woman also used to give their babies up for adoption. It was quite common. My best friend was adopted and I knew many families with adopted children.

But, first and foremost, abortion should be decided by and voted on by the people in each state. If it's inconvenient to drive across a few state lines, then so be it.

It might just keep the number of abortions and irresponsible behaviors down and increase the use of birth control since it's free now.

Many of us resist abortion being the law of the land decided on by 7 "old white men" - the ones you seemingly don't like - making life and death decisions - not for the unborn who are innocent but for women who act irresponsibly making it easier for them to abort life after the fact. It's why we have Gosnells and Tillers out there who haven't been caught yet.

That's what 7 "old white men" did. They made a life and death decision for all of us - including the unborn. It's not just about women who create life and have the legal right to kill it.

It's about ethics, morality and respecting life. And what it says about any society that lacks all three.
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You're stuck in your loop again son.
Keep chasing your tail. You might catch it!
You laugh,
It is all fun and games until an African misses his fwee nut wash....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Running Rudy Giuliani's first mayoral campaign against David Dinkins, Roger Ailes attempted to guide his candidate to victory by stoking tension between New York's black and Jewish communities. He "placed an ad in a prominent Yiddish Newspaper, The Algemeiner Journal, that featured an image of Guiliani's opponent David Dinkins -- who would become New York City's first African-American mayor -- alongside Jesse Jackson. The ad also displayed a photo of Giuliani with President George H.W. Bush, and the headline stated,'Let the people of New York choose their own destiny.' "
Ah, David Dinkins.

Easily the worst Mayor in the History of NYC, and possibly the worst mayor in the history of the country.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>How did Roderick Scott get away with cold blooded Murder?
http://emsnews.wordpress.com/2013/07/16/the-r...
12/18/2009 10:41 PM
Jury Finds Roderick Scott Not Guilty
http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top_stories/...
how? just like Zimmerman....

Scott says he acted in self defense...

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top_stories/...

what's good for the goose.....should be good for the FOXbot.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Homer says hi from Texas. GFY
Homer is posting from Barnes & Noble.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you provide a link once in awhile for your "facts".
This is an opinion site.

Do your own research.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
ah. a ray of light breaks through.
so tell me Galt, are you the Galt from the first Topix birther thread?
No
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Wicked Irony Of Fox Hosts Accusing Others Of Creating Racial Division
There are few in American politics who have done more to strategically divide this country along racial lines for political and financial gain than Fox News chief Roger Ailes.
While producing town hall style events for Richard Nixon in 1968, Ailes sought to exploit racial tensions at the time by reportedly including "[a] good, mean, Wallaceite cab driver" on the panel of people who got to ask the candidate a question.
"Wouldn't that be great," Bolling, Gutfeld and O'Reilly's boss told reporter Joe McGinniss. "Some guy to sit there and say,'Awright Mac, what about these n****rs?' "
In 1988, Roger Ailes again used racial tensions to his candidate's advantage, producing the infamous Revolving Door ad for George H.W. Bush's campaign that was widely criticized for its racial overtones. The commercial depicts a line of inmates entering and exiting a prison yard swinging around a metal gate. The ad "was calculated to emphasize the one African-American" said ABC News anchor Sam Donaldson.
Running Rudy Giuliani's first mayoral campaign against David Dinkins, Roger Ailes attempted to guide his candidate to victory by stoking tension between New York's black and Jewish communities. He "placed an ad in a prominent Yiddish Newspaper, The Algemeiner Journal, that featured an image of Guiliani's opponent David Dinkins -- who would become New York City's first African-American mayor -- alongside Jesse Jackson. The ad also displayed a photo of Giuliani with President George H.W. Bush, and the headline stated,'Let the people of New York choose their own destiny.' "
Howard Kurtz, writing in 1989 for The Washington Post, quoted Ira Silverman, vice president of the American Jewish Committee saying that while Ailes had used a "legitimate campaign tactic," it was "troubling" because it "prey[ed] upon the fears of the Jewish community."
Fox News has followed Roger Ailes'lead, using race to divide, from the networks obsession with the New Black Panthers to most famously Glenn Beck suggesting the president himself was a "racist" with a "deep seeded hatred of white people and white culture."
When Fox hosts wish to complain about those who benefit from racial division, perhaps they should stop by the second floor of 21st Century Fox's Manhattan headquarters and deliver the message in person.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/07/25/the-w...
Was it Fox....
which gave us white hispanic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Rogue Scholar 05 175,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr obama 49,033
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,705
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 1 hr obama 6,593
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,579
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 488
Music Artists A to Z 3 hr _Zoey_ 265
Ask Amy 8-1-14 6 hr Shari23 19
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs