Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
875,941 - 875,960 of 1,080,489 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
They have to get it right. Takes time.
You'd be more interested in the Senate Finance Committee's investigation. Senator Max Baucus (D) is overseeing it. He believes it goes much further than the "scope of focus".
The House Ways and Means Committee and the Oversight and Government Reform Committee are also investigating.
Also, an upcoming inspector general's report obtained by The Associated Press says IRS supervisors knew about the targeting as early as 2011.
There's a lot going on behind the scenes. The findings will be revealed soon enough but reports are in another six weeks or so.
You do want to know the truth, right? I will accept their findings even if I've been wrong.
It won't change my strong belief that Obama is not the right leader for the nation. But I will accept that he truly didn't know about the targeting if it can't be proven.
If they can't get it right after all this time, there's a problem.

Just like bushie boy going into iraq.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
They have to get it right. Takes time.
You'd be more interested in the Senate Finance Committee's investigation. Senator Max Baucus (D) is overseeing it. He believes it goes much further than the "scope of focus".
The House Ways and Means Committee and the Oversight and Government Reform Committee are also investigating.
Also, an upcoming inspector general's report obtained by The Associated Press says IRS supervisors knew about the targeting as early as 2011.
There's a lot going on behind the scenes. The findings will be revealed soon enough but reports are in another six weeks or so.
You do want to know the truth, right? I will accept their findings even if I've been wrong.
It won't change my strong belief that Obama is not the right leader for the nation. But I will accept that he truly didn't know about the targeting if it can't be proven.
BTW, you claimed CRA on steroids caused the financial collapse.

I'm still waiting for you to show me what's changed to prevent this going forward from a legislative perspective... since that was your point.

Again, you've been awfully quiet.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Whos Deadier: One #GeorgeZimmerman Or Thousands of Black Murder Suspects?
Watch!

Whos Deadier: One #GeorgeZimmerman Or Thousands of Black Murder Suspects?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Rush and O’Reilly: Race hustlers, Inc.
Limbaugh, Hannity, Bill-O and other right-wing white-grievance mongers are stoking racial tension for cash
This is the new right wing racket. Well, it’s not entirely new – race baiting is an old racket on the right – but the extent to which conservatives are now comfortable telling white people they’re the new victims, in danger of being unfairly prosecuted like George Zimmerman when they should actually be thanked for ending slavery, is unique and brazen and dangerous. We need more Republicans, as well as more media figures, to call it what it is: a race hustle.
http://www.salon.com/2013/07/23/rush_and_orei...
Rush has a good show today, you should tune-in, lefterd.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had forgotten about that little escapade. It was immediately after the Justice Department had determined the domestic surveillance program was illegal. He got his hand slapped that day!!!
And cons are crying about the NSA?

They keep trying to show how bad things are now, when things were worse.

They can't let intelligence get in the way of their politics.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember it well. Easy to blame the black boogie man; everyone wants to believe that story. I hope the truth comes out, whatever it is. Tough to be poor and black, especially in the South. No one gives a shyt.
It must be hard for young black males to always be viewed as criminals by people who notice crime statistics. We've jawboned that sad story for 40 years. Last week, President Obama ran it around the block again in another speech about himself in reaction to the George Zimmerman verdict.

Let's give that beloved chestnut a rest for a day and consider another way blacks have it harder than whites. Only black people are expected to never speak against their community. Might we spend five minutes admiring the courage of blacks who step forward and tell the truth to cops, juries and reporters in the middle of our periodic racial Armageddons? This one is never discussed at all.

In December 1984, Bernie Goetz shot four black men who were trying to mug him on the New York City subway.(About a year later, one youth admitted that, yes, in fact, they "were goin' to rob him." They thought he looked like "easy bait.")

A few days after the shooting, The New York Times got the racism ball rolling with its "beneath the surface" reporting technique: "Just beneath the surface of last week's debate was the question of whether the shooting may have been racially motivated."

Hoping for support for its below-the-surface thesis, the Times visited the mother of Darrell Cabey, the young man paralyzed from the shooting. As the Times summarized the feeling at the Claremont housing project where Cabey lived, "many people said the four teen-agers were troublemakers and probably got what they deserved."

Cabey's mother had received one letter that said: "[Y]ou get no sympathy from us peace-loving, law-abiding blacks. We will even contribute to support the guy who taught you a lesson, every way we can ... P.S. I hope your wheelchair has a flat tire."

The Washington Post also interviewed Cabey's neighbors. Eighteen-year-old Yvette Green said: "If I'd had a gun, I would have shot him." Darryl Singleton, 24 years old, called Cabey, "a sweet person," but added, "if I had a gun, I would have shot the guy."

As white liberals (and Al Sharpton) screamed "racism!" how'd you like to be the black woman called by the defense at Goetz's trial? Andrea Reid, who was on the subway car during the shooting, testified: Those "punks were bothering the white man ... those punks got what they deserved."

Reid had met the mother and brother of one of Goetz's muggers at a party. But she took the stand and told the truth.

Juror Robert Leach, a black bus driver from Harlem, was one of Goetz's most vehement defenders in the jury room, even persuading the others not to convict Goetz for unlawful possession of any guns, other than the one he used in the shooting. In the end, three blacks and one Hispanic on the jury voted to acquit Goetz of all 13 charges except for the minor one of carrying an illegal firearm.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill O'Reilly is a stone-cold racist for pointing out that the major causes of poverty are dropping out of school, having children before age 20, and having children out of wedlock.
Of course, the fact that there is a higher percentage of white unwed mothers, Orally simply chose to forget? He's also not quite bright enough to discern that all three of his mentioned conditions are the result of generational poverty.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

But let me say this, Lily. Just like we have to separate ourselves from politics when it comes to any tragedy, so do liberals in the Martin tragedy.

Again, I could be wrong, but some of the insensitive posts about this most recent tragedy stems from people getting tired of liberals believing lies and distortions of the truth by the liberal media and making federal cases out of them.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
what are asking me for?
you need to be talking to the Supreme Court.
I'm asking you to find out where you stand. I already know where the Supreme Court stands.
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Whew, that was a close one! Can you just imagine that?
Is Mitt running again or is he buying Detroit?
'If you fail to locate the polling place in your district you will not have the money to pay this months rent or have your african balls washed!'

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama didn't send GM to China you lying sack of crap, they're still operating in this country and expanding.
You're an idiot!
Yes she is.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Remember it well. Easy to blame the black boogie man; everyone wants to believe that story. I hope the truth comes out, whatever it is. Tough to be poor and black, especially in the South. No one gives a shyt.
After Bernie Goetz shot the four thugs, more brave blacks stepped forward in the Edmund Perry case a year later.

Perry, a black teenager from Phillips Exeter Academy, along with his brother, mugged a cop and ended up getting himself killed. When Perry's brother Jonah was prosecuted for the mugging, two of the witnesses against Jonah were his black neighbors.

One neighbor testified that Jonah told him the night of the incident that his brother was shot when they were mugging someone. Another neighbor said Jonah told her that night that he tried to beat up a guy who turned out to be a cop. This was in a courtroom full of rabble-rousers, amen-ing everything defense lawyer Alton Maddox said.

They told the truth knowing they'd have to go back to the neighborhood. Whatever happened to them? Why aren't they the heroes? Where's THEIR Hollywood movie? There was a movie about the Perry case. It was titled: "Murder Without Motive: The Edmund Perry Story." (The grand jury had no difficulty finding the motive: The cop was being mugged.)

In the middle of one of these racial passion plays, it takes ENORMOUS COURAGE FOR A BLACK PERSON to step forward and say, "Yeah, I heard him say he mugged the cop," "If I had been Bernie Goetz, I would have shot them, too," or "I know George, he's my friend."

That last one was Elouise Dilligard, George Zimmerman's final defense witness. Clear as a bell, this black woman spoke warmly about "my neighbor George" and went on to describe his nose being disfigured and bloody right after the shooting.

YOU WON'T SEE HER ON CNN, THOUGH. In fact, you'll never hear a peep about any of these courageous black people, unless you obsessively research every "race" case of the last 30 years.

Whites never need to be brave this way. THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO PRESSURE ON WHITE PEOPLE TO ROOT FOR THEIR RACE. In fact, there's often pressure to root against their race. Instead of being asked to weep over President Obama's ever having been looked at suspiciously (probably by Jesse Jackson), could we reflect on the fortitude of ordinary black citizens who resist "racial solidarity" and speak the truth?

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
In all, George Zimmerman aspired and earned his honorary whiteness for shooting a black teenager in an act of fantasy wish fulfillment for his boosters among the White Right.
http://www.chaunceydevega.com/2013/07/a-trife...
Well, consider that Georgy Pudgy was not nearly as bright, attractive, successful as his older Peruvanazi brother. With his beady little eyes and "can't get right" brushes with the law and child molestation before Daddy Magistrate fixed them, he certainly wouldn't have wanted to be considered a black Hispanic.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday's news. Nobody cares.
It's time to move on, true.

Wish the ones who do care would care more about the root of the problem instead of one isolated symptom.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing is, if it was up to them, that "fool" McCain would now be President of the United States and his idiot sidekick, Sarah Palin, V.P. LMAO
Yeah doofus, the funnier thing is now we have a fool worse than McCain who is nothing more than a frggin "Community Organizer" in the White House with his sidekick Uncle Joe Biden telling people to shoot their shotguns up in the air, LMAO.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
In all, George Zimmerman aspired and earned his honorary whiteness for shooting a black teenager in an act of fantasy wish fulfillment for his boosters among the White Right.
http://www.chaunceydevega.com/2013/07/a-trife...
that makes a lot of sense since a lot of black thugs earn their honorary thugness for shooting black teenagers, whites, babies, grandmothers, women picking up children from school in an act of fantasy wish fulfillment for their boosters amongh the racist gangs they belong to. the president just doesn't ever comment about it.
mr owl

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

The Great Uniter...

Today,
'...Only 52 percent of whites and 38 percent of blacks have a favorable opinion of race relations in the country, according to the pol..."

Way back when..
'...from the beginning of Obama’s first term, when 79 percent of whites and 63 percent of blacks held a favorable view of American race relations..."

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/25/race-relati...
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter? Supposedly, only 20 "progressive" groups requested tax exemptions and only 6 of those were delayed for whatever reason.
Compare that to almost 300 conservative groups - many of them small neighborhood groups trying to become part of the political process - and their requests not only being delayed but also literally interrogated with questions that went far and beyond any semblance of what was necessary or appropriate.
Is this the kind of America you really want?
And here I thought you said you were waiting for all the effort 'behind the scenes' to get things right.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
More tabloid crap to divert attention from the rotten Obama economy.
You keep making the claim but for some reason, just stop there... as if there's nothing to find.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Fox News poll: Summer of discontent with Obama, Congress continues

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/24/fo...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min Hate troublemaking arabs 67,988
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min Joe Rock Extreme Auto 48,921
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 14 min Joe Rock Extreme Auto 3,831
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min loose cannon 174,676
When there is no more water and you can't affor... 1 hr Drought 1
Abby 7-26 1 hr loose cannon 2
6 Shot, Boy Fatally, in Chicago 2 hr bensleys thoughts 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr edogxxx 97,541
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••