Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#953717 Jul 25, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>How did Roderick Scott get away with cold blooded Murder?
http://emsnews.wordpress.com/2013/07/16/the-r...
12/18/2009 10:41 PM
Jury Finds Roderick Scott Not Guilty
http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top_stories/...
how? just like Zimmerman....

Scott says he acted in self defense...

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top_stories/...

what's good for the goose.....should be good for the FOXbot.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#953718 Jul 25, 2013
Homer wrote:
Homer says hi from Texas. GFY
Homer is posting from Barnes & Noble.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#953719 Jul 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you provide a link once in awhile for your "facts".
This is an opinion site.

Do your own research.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#953721 Jul 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
ah. a ray of light breaks through.
so tell me Galt, are you the Galt from the first Topix birther thread?
No
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

#953722 Jul 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The Wicked Irony Of Fox Hosts Accusing Others Of Creating Racial Division
There are few in American politics who have done more to strategically divide this country along racial lines for political and financial gain than Fox News chief Roger Ailes.
While producing town hall style events for Richard Nixon in 1968, Ailes sought to exploit racial tensions at the time by reportedly including "[a] good, mean, Wallaceite cab driver" on the panel of people who got to ask the candidate a question.
"Wouldn't that be great," Bolling, Gutfeld and O'Reilly's boss told reporter Joe McGinniss. "Some guy to sit there and say,'Awright Mac, what about these n****rs?' "
In 1988, Roger Ailes again used racial tensions to his candidate's advantage, producing the infamous Revolving Door ad for George H.W. Bush's campaign that was widely criticized for its racial overtones. The commercial depicts a line of inmates entering and exiting a prison yard swinging around a metal gate. The ad "was calculated to emphasize the one African-American" said ABC News anchor Sam Donaldson.
Running Rudy Giuliani's first mayoral campaign against David Dinkins, Roger Ailes attempted to guide his candidate to victory by stoking tension between New York's black and Jewish communities. He "placed an ad in a prominent Yiddish Newspaper, The Algemeiner Journal, that featured an image of Guiliani's opponent David Dinkins -- who would become New York City's first African-American mayor -- alongside Jesse Jackson. The ad also displayed a photo of Giuliani with President George H.W. Bush, and the headline stated,'Let the people of New York choose their own destiny.' "
Howard Kurtz, writing in 1989 for The Washington Post, quoted Ira Silverman, vice president of the American Jewish Committee saying that while Ailes had used a "legitimate campaign tactic," it was "troubling" because it "prey[ed] upon the fears of the Jewish community."
Fox News has followed Roger Ailes'lead, using race to divide, from the networks obsession with the New Black Panthers to most famously Glenn Beck suggesting the president himself was a "racist" with a "deep seeded hatred of white people and white culture."
When Fox hosts wish to complain about those who benefit from racial division, perhaps they should stop by the second floor of 21st Century Fox's Manhattan headquarters and deliver the message in person.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/07/25/the-w...
Was it Fox....
which gave us white hispanic.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#953723 Jul 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If the IG was white, you would call him a fkn liar.
The simple answer is to eliminate all tax-exempt status for all groups, political or otherwise. Then we can ditch the IRS employees who do this snooping.
Does that include religious organizations as well?
Tits Magee

Wilkes Barre, PA

#953724 Jul 25, 2013
Or would feny, penny boo-boo want of demonstrate his overwhelming intellectual superiority in a cage like a yet another chicken-shit american coward? Hahahahahahaha. At least you finally figured out where you belonged.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#953725 Jul 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You cons seem to have a one track mind. If you aren't talking about "nutsacks", your talking about "pubic hair". Perhaps this isn't the right forum for you.
If human anatomy offends you then I suggest your picking only mannequins to associate with.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#953727 Jul 25, 2013
In an interview with Rap Radar’s Elliott Wilson, Jay-Z talked to the journalist about a variety of things, including his feelings about being called out by Harry Belafonte. Jigga man had already made reference to the activist and legendary actor on his newest album on a song called Nickels and Dimes, as if Belafonte is a 25 year old Jay Z has beef with. It randomly goes like this:
I’m just trying to find common ground/‘fore Mr. Belafonte come and chop a n***a down/Mr. Day O, major fail/Respect these youngins boy, it’s my time now/Hublot homie, two door homie/You don’t know all the s**t I do for the homies”
On Harry Belafonte saying he Beyoncé have turned their back on social responsibility despite the amount of power they have:
“I’m offended by that because first of all, this is going to sound arrogant, but my presence is charity. Just who I am, just like Obama is. Obama provides hope. Whether he does anything, that hope that he provides for a nation and outside of America is enough. Just being who he is. You’re the first black president. If he speaks on any issue or anything, he should be left alone. Of course we want to challenge [Obama] to do better, but I felt like Belafonte just went about it wrong. The way he did it, within the media, and then he bigged up Bruce Springsteen. It was like,‘Whoa, you just sent the wrong message all around. You just bigged up the white guy against me in the white media.’ I’m not saying that in a racial way. I’m saying what it was just the wrong way to go about it. My presence is charity! Just this guy who came from Marcy projects apartment 530C, to these places of me playing in Yankee stadium tonight.”
lololololololhahahaha
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#953728 Jul 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be a little less convenient. Women used to find the money somehow to go to New York to get an abortion at one time.
Women used to have their babies and ended up making a good life for them and for themselves and never regretted it. I know several personally myself.
Woman also used to give their babies up for adoption. It was quite common. My best friend was adopted and I knew many families with adopted children.
But, first and foremost, abortion should be decided by and voted on by the people in each state. If it's inconvenient to drive across a few state lines, then so be it.
It might just keep the number of abortions and irresponsible behaviors down and increase the use of birth control since it's free now.
Many of us resist abortion being the law of the land decided on by 7 "old white men" - the ones you seemingly don't like - making life and death decisions - not for the unborn who are innocent but for women who act irresponsibly making it easier for them to abort life after the fact. It's why we have Gosnells and Tillers out there who haven't been caught yet.
That's what 7 "old white men" did. They made a life and death decision for all of us - including the unborn. It's not just about women who create life and have the legal right to kill it.
It's about ethics, morality and respecting life. And what it says about any society that lacks all three.
ok, i'll give it up.

i would prefer adoption to abortion. i would prefer anything to abortion. but that's not realistic. and as much as you seem to have you head up your ass at times, i know you're not stupid, so you have to know that legal abortions protect women while making abortion illegal will only end up killing as many women as it does the unborn.

we have to find a middle ground. you're never going to completely get what you want. the unborn will still die no matter what laws the Red states try to pass.

and that 'abortion should be decided by and voted on by the people in each state' is all well and good...as long as women are the only ones who get to vote.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#953729 Jul 25, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>If they can't get it right after all this time, there's a problem.
Just like bushie boy going into iraq.
Conservtives are always in a moral panic. That is why they can't be trusted to lead this country.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#953730 Jul 25, 2013
LCN Llin

United States

#953731 Jul 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
we'll still have abortions even if the Court would finally see it your way. you know that to be fact, but you seem to care less about putting women at risk.
that's odd, don't you think?
sort of Republican putting women and the poor at risk.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#953732 Jul 25, 2013
Barack Obama criticizes "distractions, political posturing and phony scandals..."

Bet the families of the Benghazi victims don't think it's a phony scandal.

Bet conservatives whose names and addressed were leaked to a liberal website and posted don't think it's a phony scandal.

Bet James Rosen, his parents and a number of Associated Press employees who had their private information illegally confiscated by the Attorney General don't think it's a phony scandal.

So what phony scandals are left?

Talk about political posturing.

He created the distractions.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#953733 Jul 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that include religious organizations as well?
Yes, and labor unions.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#953734 Jul 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No
i used to have some very intellectual discussions with that guy and others on that thread. i kind of miss it.

maybe you should try it. if i could get along with a bunch of birthers, the possibilities might be endless.
PhagSince1680

Rocky Hill, CT

#953735 Jul 25, 2013
Mr. Magoo says:
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you provide a link once in awhile for your "facts". I haven't found anything that says only six "progressive" groups were targeted....only that 6 with "progressive" or "progress" in their title were targeted. The Inspector General continually makes reference to the May audit conducted by the treasury department without taking into account that the audit, as a result of Issa's narrow instruction, was conducted without knowledge that the IRS even targeted liberal groups. The audit was conducted on a "statistical sampling" of the applications provided by the IRS.
FACT: In their audit, as flawed as it was, the Treasury Department stated that "We reviewed all 298 cases that had been identified as potential political cases....in the majority of cases, we agreed that the applications submitted included indications of significant political campaign intervention. However, we did not identify any indications of significant political campaign intervention for 91 of the 296 application that had complete information." However, as is further explained in the audit, treasury department employees are not necessarily familiar with what does and does not signal a review.
(Keep in mind, under the direction of Issa, the IRS did not provide all applications to the Treasury Department, only those that could involve conservative groups.)
Republicans are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/05/15...
WOW

Bronx, NY

#953736 Jul 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Miami Indian. Mothers side. this tribe....
http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMF5EV_Chi...
lololo get out NABISCO one drop of NABISCO BLOOD POLLUTES EVERYTHING THATS WHY YOU SOUND LIKE ME hahahaha
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#953737 Jul 25, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
sort of Republican putting women and the poor at risk.
it's the same old: Once we get what we want who cares about the consequences. well, other than complaining about some woman on the dole who keeps having kids every 9 months.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#953738 Jul 25, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is replacing full time jobs with part times jobs. This is a myth pushed by the Right Whiners.
Where do you get this idea that only part time jobs would be created?
Where does the 1.3 trillion dollar number come rom?
How about we look at some numbers.

316 million total population.
86.4 million under 20.
40.5 million over 65.
1.6 million disabled.
21 million in universities.
130 million full time jobs.
8.2 million part time jobs.

The ratio of full time to part time jobs is 15.8.
Your economic recovery is creating 5 times as many part time jobs as full time jobs.

The real percentage of people available for work but not working is 17 percent.

The annual deficit is 1.3 trillioin, down from 1.6 trillion it grew to before the TEA Party came to Congress in 2011.

The total debt is 17 trillion. The US economy is only 15 trillion.
The debt grows at 8 percent each year, while the calculated economic growth is only 2 percent. The real (private) economy that actually pays for everything is stagnant, and is only about 12 trillion.
So, the debt is one and a half times as big as what pays it.
And, the debt grows at almost 8 percent a year.
A stagnant economy has to pay a debt that is one and a half times its size and grows at 8 percent every year.

An idiot can tell you this system will collapse. What we need to do to fix it is to stop borrowing money. That is the 1.3 trillion dollars every year.

So, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,911
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 27 min L Morales 71,257
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dale 182,095
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 49,325
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,291
Jackie Robinson Little League 2 hr very disappointed 1
amy 12-26 3 hr RACE 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]