Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396355 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#954144 Jul 26, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>That picture of you on the internet LOL.. is spooky...
sonicfiller standing in your brown wall paneled trailer, all big white eyed puffy, spooky and ugly, showing your AMD computer... LOL..
sonicfiller has a 150gb of loops of cut-n-paste deranged samples of insanity.
It's the culture...
the same old copy and paste insults.

pathetically inadequate even for a right wing nutjob. use a brain cell and try to come up with some new material.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#954145 Jul 26, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's your opinion and your entitled to it but GM is far from doomed. Sales for June 2013 were the highest they've been since 2008 and leading the pack are their mini, compact and small cars with a 59% increase in sales
They can't keep giving these cars away for less than it costs to make them.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#954146 Jul 26, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>If not for Canada and China RealDave, General Motors would not exist...
It's the culture...
Through forced Government subsidiaries, they are selling these cars to non-credit worthy people. They don't need a job to get a car. It's like the CRA of car sales.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#954147 Jul 26, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb Dave/Not surprized talking to himself again.
eMoron, Dumb Dave sockpuppet for sure
RealDave and Emoron are siamese twins, conjoined at the ass...

Nitwit Nuculur's ISP is in Wethersfield, CT.

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#954148 Jul 26, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama lies again. Same crap 'nutter' day. After 5 years O'bama is focused like a laser on jobs--that is... killing more jobs with his policies.
you mean the policies that the republicans in Congress refuse to pass?

you know how you nutjobs are always blaming anyone but Bush for the economy? our turn is coming.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#954149 Jul 26, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb Dave/Not surprized talking to himself again.
eMoron, Dumb Dave sockpuppet for sure
Not Surprized has you chasing your tail again this morning waxmoron. You really spring a leak when your lunacy gets exposed and he gives you a Topix wedgie. You're entertaining, have you ever considered being a circus clown?
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#954150 Jul 26, 2013
The U.S. Department of Education plans to investigate a "Redneck Day" celebration at an Arizona high school that caused a stir among civil rights activists, the Arizona Republic reported Thursday.

Back in May, a student at Queen Creek High School wore a Confederate flag on "Redneck Day," which was part of the school's "spirit week." The student was asked to change his clothing, according to the school's superintendent.

The DOE's Civil Rights office said that the investigation "will be limited to whether a racially hostile environment was created due to language and actions that were not protected by the First Amendment" in the case of the Confederate flag, according to the Arizona Republic.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/d...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#954151 Jul 26, 2013
Hmmm...

Looks like Dumb Dave & his MPD friend's like Not Surprized/Waxywaxturd/Emoron went out for a cup of coffee & a joint.

Dumb Dave the sock, where'd you go?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#954152 Jul 26, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Surprized has you chasing your tail again this morning waxmoron. You really spring a leak when your lunacy gets exposed and he gives you a Topix wedgie. You're entertaining, have you ever considered being a circus clown?
Oh, there you are Dumb Dave. Thought we lost you.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#954153 Jul 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>No more than I expected from any of you bigots. You have children? Grandchildren? I wish them the worst. You shouldn't have a problem with that...
57 million Klan Parent Hood abortions is not exactly a love affair for children ehh.. you hitler??...

It's the culture...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#954154 Jul 26, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"dumos"
What is the difference between not guilty and innocent? Sounds like, sheesh, you are the idiot. No surprize.
Peace
KMA
Really? You don't know the difference?

Wait, why am I surprised?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#954155 Jul 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The unlikeliest of alliances forged between two once-bitter rivals stands to upend the status quo of congressional gridlock and potentially resolve a bitter partisan chasm that has characterized the modern era of crisis governance.
Yes, President Barack Obama and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) are essentially working together against GOP leadership and the tea party to break the Senate out of its current situation and resolve major budget rifts that have plagued Washington for years.
McCain has emerged as a kingmaker of sorts in a chamber where various rank-and-file members of the Republican minority have lost their patience with leaders’ strategy of routinely blocking or slowing down legislation and high-profile nominees advanced by Democrats.
Most recently, he played a leading role in securing the confirmation of seven Obama nominees to run important departments and agencies. He was a seminal figure in writing and shepherding immigration reform through the chamber with a large bipartisan majority. He’s broken with nearly all other Republicans in saying his party shouldn’t filibuster Obama’s three nominees to fill vacancies on the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals. And he’s been actively pushing his members to stop blocking budget negotiations with the House.
Now, as the White House and members of Congress prepare for a potentially ugly battle to keep government open and continue paying its bills this fall, Democratic leaders see McCain as a pivotal figure in their effort to reach a compromise and force tea party conservatives to stop holding routine government funding and debt ceiling bills hostage.
“Senator McCain is the Senate Republican leadership’s worst nightmare,” said a senior Democratic aide, who wasn’t authorized to speak on the record.“He is very interested in fixing sequestration, he has railed against the tax loopholes, he is clearly not afraid to defy them when he thinks it’s the right thing to do, and he takes 10 Republican members with him. We definitely see him as an important part of the path forward on a budget deal.”

“The good news is a growing number of Republican senators are looking to join their Democratic counterparts in trying to get things done,” Obama said during a major speech in Galesburg, Ill. aimed at framing the upcoming debates over the budget and debt limit.
At least Sen. Hatch stands with the people: Turning his attention to Obama's newfound interest in resuscitating the nation's economy, Hatch describes the president's recent speeches as "déjà vu all over again. He just can't get away from blaming George Bush and the prior administration for everything.

"How many times have we heard this speech? We’ve certainly heard these failed ideas over and over again over the last four-plus years. They haven't worked, Mr. President. The American people know they haven't worked. The president can travel around and give these campaign speeches and blame Congress all he wants.

"The American people are looking for jobs, not more speeches," Hatch adds. "They're looking for opportunities for themselves and their families, not more speeches. They want to hear solutions and see the economy improve, not more speeches.

"Here we go again. It's good to see the president get back in the game — or at least say he's going to focus on the economy again. The Republicans in Congress have been laser-focused on the economy, so if this is the time the president's going to actually work with us and try some of our ideas, then great. But I'm certainly not optimistic."

Hatch, however, is more upbeat about a plan he and Democratic Sen. Max Baucus of Montana plan to introduce Friday to revamp the nation's byzantine tax code.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

#954156 Jul 26, 2013
As a note to Eman & Topix.

"If you do not have specific permission (preferably written!) from the owner of a photo, you cannot legally display it on a website, post it to the Usenet, copy it, send it around by Email or other means, make photos derived from it, sell it, or otherwise exploit it."

"* Civil penalties ("damages"). The pirate is on the hook for up to $150,000 for each misused photo;

* Attorney's fees: the infringer has to pay your attorney's hourly fees and all costs such as copies, postage, filing fees, etc.

* Restraining orders, Preliminary and Permanent Injunctions against the infringer, and even seizure of the pirate's computer equipment in some cases."

http://webnet77.com/webstuff/copyright.html

I own the copyright to my Avatar photo.

This is to state that anyone other than my registered identify does NOT have my permission to use this photo that appears in my avatar.

If you continue to use this photo, you take the risk that I may legally pursue this.

It's up to you. ll I need is to find a hungry lawyer & offer him a large percentage of my take.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#954157 Jul 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The U.S. Department of Education plans to investigate a "Redneck Day" celebration at an Arizona high school that caused a stir among civil rights activists, the Arizona Republic reported Thursday.
Back in May, a student at Queen Creek High School wore a Confederate flag on "Redneck Day," which was part of the school's "spirit week." The student was asked to change his clothing, according to the school's superintendent.
The DOE's Civil Rights office said that the investigation "will be limited to whether a racially hostile environment was created due to language and actions that were not protected by the First Amendment" in the case of the Confederate flag, according to the Arizona Republic.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/d...
More Democrat corruption:

Huma Abedin, wife of disgraced former congressman Anthony Weiner and former deputy chief of staff to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, had 'special government employee status' that enabled her to rake in $135,000 from taxpayers and another $355,000 from a company with former President Bill Clinton as a board member.

http://www.foxnews.com/
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#954158 Jul 26, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>57 million Klan Parent Hood abortions is not exactly a love affair for children ehh.. you hitler??...
It's the culture...
fill in the context.

but if you do that you might reveal that one of your peers was all for minority children being abused and then being ignored by a racist LEO. which might lead one to think that you also condone the abuse of small children by trying to play off the context.

but....it's the right wing culture: stop those abortions and then who gives a shit.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#954159 Jul 26, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>At least Sen. Hatch stands with the people: Turning his attention to Obama's newfound interest in resuscitating the nation's economy, Hatch describes the president's recent speeches as "déjà vu all over again. He just can't get away from blaming George Bush and the prior administration for everything.
"How many times have we heard this speech? We’ve certainly heard these failed ideas over and over again over the last four-plus years. They haven't worked, Mr. President. The American people know they haven't worked. The president can travel around and give these campaign speeches and blame Congress all he wants.
"The American people are looking for jobs, not more speeches," Hatch adds. "They're looking for opportunities for themselves and their families, not more speeches. They want to hear solutions and see the economy improve, not more speeches.
"Here we go again. It's good to see the president get back in the game — or at least say he's going to focus on the economy again. The Republicans in Congress have been laser-focused on the economy, so if this is the time the president's going to actually work with us and try some of our ideas, then great. But I'm certainly not optimistic."
Hatch, however, is more upbeat about a plan he and Democratic Sen. Max Baucus of Montana plan to introduce Friday to revamp the nation's byzantine tax code.
The idiots that voted for Obama are getting exactly what they deserve:

A Community Organizer as President

The rest of us realize the country is screwed.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#954160 Jul 26, 2013
Sock Puppet Master:
RealDave wrote:
As a note to Eman & Topix.
"If you do not have specific permission (preferably written!) from the owner of a photo, you cannot legally display it on a website, post it to the Usenet, copy it, send it around by Email or other means, make photos derived from it, sell it, or otherwise exploit it."
"* Civil penalties ("damages"). The pirate is on the hook for up to $150,000 for each misused photo;
* Attorney's fees: the infringer has to pay your attorney's hourly fees and all costs such as copies, postage, filing fees, etc.
* Restraining orders, Preliminary and Permanent Injunctions against the infringer, and even seizure of the pirate's computer equipment in some cases."
http://webnet77.com/webstuff/copyright.html
I own the copyright to my Avatar photo.
This is to state that anyone other than my registered identify does NOT have my permission to use this photo that appears in my avatar.
If you continue to use this photo, you take the risk that I may legally pursue this.
It's up to you. ll I need is to find a hungry lawyer & offer him a large percentage of my take.
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#954161 Jul 26, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>At least Sen. Hatch stands with the people: Turning his attention to Obama's newfound interest in resuscitating the nation's economy, Hatch describes the president's recent speeches as "déjà vu all over again. He just can't get away from blaming George Bush and the prior administration for everything.
"How many times have we heard this speech? We’ve certainly heard these failed ideas over and over again over the last four-plus years. They haven't worked, Mr. President. The American people know they haven't worked. The president can travel around and give these campaign speeches and blame Congress all he wants.
"The American people are looking for jobs, not more speeches," Hatch adds. "They're looking for opportunities for themselves and their families, not more speeches. They want to hear solutions and see the economy improve, not more speeches.
"Here we go again. It's good to see the president get back in the game — or at least say he's going to focus on the economy again. The Republicans in Congress have been laser-focused on the economy, so if this is the time the president's going to actually work with us and try some of our ideas, then great. But I'm certainly not optimistic."
Hatch, however, is more upbeat about a plan he and Democratic Sen. Max Baucus of Montana plan to introduce Friday to revamp the nation's byzantine tax code.
it's a real shame you can't hold up the GOP plan for jobs so you can smack Obama around with it.

haven't you heard? jobs are bad if they make Obama look good. so the GOP says: Jobs? Not our problem.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#954162 Jul 26, 2013
Where is Homey and his propaganda on housing:
Nearly one-third of the homeowners who got help through the government's main foreclosure prevention program are defaulting again on their mortgages, according to a government watchdog's report.

The Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) has worked on 1.2 million mortgage modifications since it started four years ago. Of those, more than 306,000 borrowers have defaulted again on their loans, and another 88,000 are at risk as well, reports CNN.


The Special Inspector for the Troubled Asset Relief Program (SIGTARP), which conducted the review, said homeowners are also more likely to default again on the modified loans the longer they stay in the program, with 46 percent of those involved in the program since 2009 defaulting on their loans again.

The re-defaults have cost taxpayers some $815 million, according to SIGTARP. So far, the Treasury Department has allocated $19.1 billion to HAMP, and $4.4 billion has been spent. The program was recently extended for another two years, until the end of 2015.

The Obama administration's Treasury Department created HAMP to help borrowers avoid foreclosure by making their house payments more affordable through a combination of reduced mortgage principals and interest rates and extended loan terms.

But borrowers are dropping out of the program as they default again on their loans, and SIGTARP Director Christy Romero said Treasury needs to research why so many people drop out of a program that kept their homes safe from foreclosure.

People who default are following "clear patterns," the SIGTARP report found. For example, homeowners most likely to default again are the ones who got the smallest reductions in their mortgages, who were still "underwater" on their mortgages, or who had subprime credit scores and high debt when their mortgages were modified.

*See liberals? you can't give the same dead beats, who were never qualified for housing, to qualify again. CRA screwed all taxpayers. Liberalism never works.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#954163 Jul 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean the policies that the republicans in Congress refuse to pass?
you know how you nutjobs are always blaming anyone but Bush for the economy? our turn is coming.
I blame Clinton. Brooksley Born does also.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warni...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dr Guru 217,056
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr litesong 60,174
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 8,927
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr fair assessment 102,560
last post wins! (Dec '10) 6 hr Retired SOF 2,157
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 hr Retired SOF 1,126
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr Ize Fund 70,734

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages