Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#953832 Jul 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman was in several different places according to the map before confronting Martin which would have given Martin plenty of time to walk the short distance to where he was staying.
Even if Zimmerman overreacted to Martin's presence, the home where Martin was staying was an easy walk to stay ahead of Zimmerman based on the recorded time lapse.
Arguing where Zimmerman was at any given time or if he should have even been there doesn't change what happened after he and Martin eventually became face-to-face.
Any confusion about Martin's identity and any anger on Martin's part could have been resolved with words at the time of the confrontation.
You want to assume Martin was forced to resort to violence.
I'd like to know how you arrive at that conclusion.
That irrelevant, the point is the lie you've repeated over and over that an eyewitness testified that Martin threw the first punch.

I only want one thing:

Did you know you were lying or were you led to that conclusion by your preferred news source or did you make an assumption and present it as a fact?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#953833 Jul 25, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You have a pretty low opinion of your neighbors.
Liberal Commandment: "Scroo your neighbor as you would scroo yourself"

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#953834 Jul 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullcrap. In 2010, the proportions of illegitimate births were 29 percent for non-Hispanic white, 53 percent for Hispanic, and 73 percent for non-Hispanic black births.
WTF is "generational poverty"?
"John Galt"
Generational poverty? Generations living with their hand out, those who want food, housing and health care and do not think they should have to work to them.
Peace

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#953835 Jul 25, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! That's the difference between you and me son...
... you're easily fooled by a prop!
You got hit by one.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#953836 Jul 25, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is replacing full time jobs with part times jobs. This is a myth pushed by the Right Whiners.
Where do you get this idea that only part time jobs would be created?
Where does the 1.3 trillion dollar number come rom?
"real dumb"
One more time you lie. The president of White Castle was on TV today and said in his company all workers, not in management do not work more than 30 hours a week. I know a man who owns a number of grocery stores in Montana and Idaho that does not permit clerks, shelf stockers, etc. to work more than 30 hours per week.
Quit lying.
Peace
KMA
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#953837 Jul 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You have amazing talents, Circus Boy. You screw yourself often like a cheap gigolo and make an azz of yourself while taking pride in it.
You can swallow yourself, poop and swallow yourself again repeatedly.
These sorts of bizarre contortions are only important to you.
The world doesn't care.
And yet, here you are defending yourself from what you described as a supposed dead person...

... and you're LOSING!

Obviously you run from intelligence as fast as you can when it comes knocking on your door, son. I know, new things scare you!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#953838 Jul 25, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the first you heard of the roderick scott stort, seriously? Lmao.
If scott incident happened in florida, he would not have been arrested.
Actually no, that stupid ckskr and others like him have been dragging that sht around topix for a while. Scott would have been arrested in Florida and faced a first hearing before a judge who may or may not have cut him loose. Had that happened in the Zimmerman case you wouldn't be making yourself look stupid.

Cops in FL can't cite SYG, or self defense as a way to dispose of a shooting, particularly a shooting where the deceased is yet to be identified.

Who decided to send George home with his wife and the nice federal air marshal? Need a name here__pal, someone sent George home previous to any real investigation. Who was it?

So you've got nothing to offer beyond your typical e-mutt e-sht but type you must LMAO.

It must really sk to be you!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#953839 Jul 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was you who didn't answer the question.
Obama said he had no patience with the IRS targeting, would not tolerate it and would make sure he found out exactly what happened.
That was over two months ago.
So? Has he found out anything?
Yesterday, in his first of many more to come speeches, he said the scandals were all "phony".
How did he get from outrage to calling it phony?
That's two questions.
Yeah, the investigation has not found any political motivation behind it. Fox just keeps chewing that bone for ratings. Glad you've found a home with tabloids but don't expect me to answer for every piece of tripe they churn out.

Now, when you gonna answer the questions I was asking long before you asked the above.

That's very rude.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#953840 Jul 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That irrelevant, the point is the lie you've repeated over and over that an eyewitness testified that Martin threw the first punch.
I only want one thing:
Did you know you were lying or were you led to that conclusion by your preferred news source or did you make an assumption and present it as a fact?
It's one of her 'logic' scenarios that she can't explain.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#953841 Jul 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You got hit by one.
And you're still a fool being fooled son...

... even after being told!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#953842 Jul 25, 2013
Democrat Governor (our worst Governor) gets BOOS galore.

The folks are getting sick of Democrats who are leftwing awholes.

"Dannel Malloy Booed At Baseball Game (VIDEO)"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/11/dann...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#953843 Jul 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the investigation has not found any political motivation behind it. Fox just keeps chewing that bone for ratings. Glad you've found a home with tabloids but don't expect me to answer for every piece of tripe they churn out.
Now, when you gonna answer the questions I was asking long before you asked the above.
That's very rude.
Hey no life. You are here every time I occasionally visit. How old are you?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#953844 Jul 25, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Well by golly! We can hold all Presidents as being questionable then!
Galt suspects that all other living Presidents (and some that are not) have verifiable original birth certificates.

Galt has one. Do you?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#953845 Jul 25, 2013
More Republican hypocrisy. Three years after campaigning on a vow to "repeal and REPLACE" President Barack Obama's health care law, House Republicans have yet to advance an alternative for the system they have voted more than three dozen times to abolish.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#953847 Jul 25, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> There were no crimes . It was all legal. Get to know the laws of your own country before making asinine comments .
Eric Holder may have committed perjury in naming Rosen as a co-conspirator to allow obtaining a warrant.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#953848 Jul 25, 2013
Even the Baseball Players are laughing at the Libtard Governor!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/11/dann...

The idiot, closes by saying "Thank you for welcoming".

Baawwaaahhhh!!!!

We should send Democrats out on rails.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#953849 Jul 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask him, if he comes to the US he'll be classified as white Hispanic.
Both parents were Italian and he would be considered ethnically Italian in the US.
Tits Magee

Montréal, Canada

#953850 Jul 25, 2013
The frail and dirty 11 year old girl walked forlornly along the side of the highway dragging her ragged cloth doll along by on filthy arm. If anyone had looked they would've seen she had her Walmart T-shirt on inside out and they might have notice the streaks of dried blood on her legs. Flies buzzed around her eyes but she didn't even notice them as she staggered along the gravel staining the hot stones with her bloody feet.

This morning she was unable to carry her little brother any further so she' put him under a tree by the side of the road and covered him with weeds and grass. What she didn't know was that an alligator had found him and dragged him off into the black swamp before she'd even crawled back up to the highway verge.

She'd managed to walk about 2 and a half miles in the Louisiana sunshine but she'd been passed by 2 or 300 cars in that time none of which even slowed down. A ruined little girl walking alone on the side of the road wasn't much of a curiosity in the deep south, and this was Polyvinyl Chloride country and, truth be told, the chemical fumes coming off the factories around the lake made people numb to the suffering of those few less fortunate than themselves.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#953851 Jul 25, 2013
Annoying & insignificant little person:
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And you're still a fool being fooled son...
... even after being told!
Democrat for sure.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#953852 Jul 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I only want one thing:
Yesterday's news. Nobody cares.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 7 min Ali-Fail-a 388
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Jacques Ottawa 187,447
time to " splain" 24 min reality is a crutch 1
Amy 4-28-15 33 min Blunt Advice 4
News New study details downside of CTA's newest rail... 47 min reality is a crutch 1
Abby 4-28-15 58 min Mister Tonka 9
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ratloder 69,717
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]