Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

LCN Llin

United States

#953731 Jul 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
we'll still have abortions even if the Court would finally see it your way. you know that to be fact, but you seem to care less about putting women at risk.
that's odd, don't you think?
sort of Republican putting women and the poor at risk.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#953732 Jul 25, 2013
Barack Obama criticizes "distractions, political posturing and phony scandals..."

Bet the families of the Benghazi victims don't think it's a phony scandal.

Bet conservatives whose names and addressed were leaked to a liberal website and posted don't think it's a phony scandal.

Bet James Rosen, his parents and a number of Associated Press employees who had their private information illegally confiscated by the Attorney General don't think it's a phony scandal.

So what phony scandals are left?

Talk about political posturing.

He created the distractions.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#953733 Jul 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that include religious organizations as well?
Yes, and labor unions.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#953734 Jul 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No
i used to have some very intellectual discussions with that guy and others on that thread. i kind of miss it.

maybe you should try it. if i could get along with a bunch of birthers, the possibilities might be endless.
PhagSince1680

Rocky Hill, CT

#953735 Jul 25, 2013
Mr. Magoo says:
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you provide a link once in awhile for your "facts". I haven't found anything that says only six "progressive" groups were targeted....only that 6 with "progressive" or "progress" in their title were targeted. The Inspector General continually makes reference to the May audit conducted by the treasury department without taking into account that the audit, as a result of Issa's narrow instruction, was conducted without knowledge that the IRS even targeted liberal groups. The audit was conducted on a "statistical sampling" of the applications provided by the IRS.
FACT: In their audit, as flawed as it was, the Treasury Department stated that "We reviewed all 298 cases that had been identified as potential political cases....in the majority of cases, we agreed that the applications submitted included indications of significant political campaign intervention. However, we did not identify any indications of significant political campaign intervention for 91 of the 296 application that had complete information." However, as is further explained in the audit, treasury department employees are not necessarily familiar with what does and does not signal a review.
(Keep in mind, under the direction of Issa, the IRS did not provide all applications to the Treasury Department, only those that could involve conservative groups.)
Republicans are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/05/15...
WOW

Bronx, NY

#953736 Jul 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Miami Indian. Mothers side. this tribe....
http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMF5EV_Chi...
lololo get out NABISCO one drop of NABISCO BLOOD POLLUTES EVERYTHING THATS WHY YOU SOUND LIKE ME hahahaha
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#953737 Jul 25, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
sort of Republican putting women and the poor at risk.
it's the same old: Once we get what we want who cares about the consequences. well, other than complaining about some woman on the dole who keeps having kids every 9 months.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#953738 Jul 25, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is replacing full time jobs with part times jobs. This is a myth pushed by the Right Whiners.
Where do you get this idea that only part time jobs would be created?
Where does the 1.3 trillion dollar number come rom?
How about we look at some numbers.

316 million total population.
86.4 million under 20.
40.5 million over 65.
1.6 million disabled.
21 million in universities.
130 million full time jobs.
8.2 million part time jobs.

The ratio of full time to part time jobs is 15.8.
Your economic recovery is creating 5 times as many part time jobs as full time jobs.

The real percentage of people available for work but not working is 17 percent.

The annual deficit is 1.3 trillioin, down from 1.6 trillion it grew to before the TEA Party came to Congress in 2011.

The total debt is 17 trillion. The US economy is only 15 trillion.
The debt grows at 8 percent each year, while the calculated economic growth is only 2 percent. The real (private) economy that actually pays for everything is stagnant, and is only about 12 trillion.
So, the debt is one and a half times as big as what pays it.
And, the debt grows at almost 8 percent a year.
A stagnant economy has to pay a debt that is one and a half times its size and grows at 8 percent every year.

An idiot can tell you this system will collapse. What we need to do to fix it is to stop borrowing money. That is the 1.3 trillion dollars every year.

So, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#953739 Jul 25, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, the fact that there is a higher percentage of white unwed mothers, Orally simply chose to forget? He's also not quite bright enough to discern that all three of his mentioned conditions are the result of generational poverty.
Stop straddling Stupid, baby, and go play on the bannister instead.

NBC - Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate: http://tinyurl.com/n72razp

"The black community's 72 percent rate eclipses that of most other groups: 17 percent of Asians, 29 percent of whites, 53 percent of Hispanics and 66 percent of Native Americans were born to unwed mothers in 2008, the most recent year for which government figures are available. The rate for the overall U.S. population was 41 percent."

Your empty cranium has become a staging area for Intellectual Crime, a Storage Area for Useless Information and an Echo Chamber of Self-Love.
LCN Llin

United States

#953740 Jul 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be a little less convenient. Women used to find the money somehow to go to New York to get an abortion at one time.....
Republican solutions seems to leave women
"somehow finding the money"
Revealing !
Repubs worry about the Fetus but NOT the Child.
Opposed to health care and food stamps.
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending
to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs,
principles, etc., that one does NOT actually have.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#953741 Jul 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservtives are always in a moral panic. That is why they can't be trusted to lead this country.
I AGREE LOOK AT WHAt THEY DID IN DETROIT that NASTY WHITE MAYOR AND CONGRESSMAN
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

#953742 Jul 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that include religious organizations as well?
Would you voluntantarily give up your turn suckling the GubMint TEAT?
Homer

Austin, TX

#953743 Jul 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer is posting from Barnes & Noble.
nope

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#953744 Jul 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's talking too much and not leading enough.
President Barack Obama's popularity goes up when he goes out and talks with the American people about the economy. Americans like their American President Barack Obama better than any U S President since John F. Kennedy. I'd rather see our President Barack Obama at home talking to us, rolling up his sleeves and working beside us, than running off to a foreign country with the troops to fight in some God-forsaken war that we had no business becoming involved in like his no-good, stupid predecessor who will go nameless out of respect for the intelligence of the American public.
LCN Llin

United States

#953745 Jul 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Barack Obama criticizes "distractions, political posturing and phony scandals..."
Bet the families of the Benghazi victims don't think it's a phony scandal.
Bet conservatives whose names and addressed were leaked to a liberal website and posted don't think it's a phony scandal.
Bet James Rosen, his parents and a number of Associated Press employees who had their private information illegally confiscated by the Attorney General don't think it's a phony scandal.
So what phony scandals are left?
Talk about political posturing.
He created the distractions.
Families of 4,000 Dead in Bush's war in Iraq might be interested in this.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#953746 Jul 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I think, therefore, I am.
You don't, therefore, you are not.
"I came, I saw, I conquered."

Used to be a bumper sticker "I came, I saw, I shopped."

Women liked that one.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#953747 Jul 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i used to have some very intellectual discussions with that guy and others on that thread. i kind of miss it.
maybe you should try it. if i could get along with a bunch of birthers, the possibilities might be endless.
Not interested because the circumstances of Obama's birth are not provable, either way, so a waste of time.
LCN Llin

United States

#953748 Jul 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's the same old: Once we get what we want who cares about the consequences. well, other than complaining about some woman on the dole who keeps having kids every 9 months.
Republicans plan to have 9 women on the job and have kids in one month :-)
WOW

Bronx, NY

#953749 Jul 25, 2013
ITS FUNNY JAY Z HAS NO RESPECT FOR HARRY BUT IT WAS HARRY AND SIDNEY POTIER WHO PAYED FOR OBAMAS DADDY To COME TO AMERICA AND BREED OBAMAS MAMA funny you know what JIGGA MAN YOU RIGHT F HARRY IF IT WASNT FOR THEM THERE WOULD BE NO OBAMA lolololol

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#953750 Jul 25, 2013
tell_it_like_it_IS wrote:
<quoted text>
'If you fail to Locate the polling place in your district you will not have the money for this months rent, you won't get your new Obamaphone, and you won' t get your african balls washed this month!'
LOL. You're ignorance has raised it's ugly head once again. It was George W. Bush, not Obama, who in 2008 authorized Federal subsidies to provide cell phones to low-income consumers. DUH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 16 min Doug77 5,916
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min jimi-yank 52,887
Ask Amy 4-25-15 24 min Julie 7
Dear Abby 4-27-15 27 min RACE 9
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Guru 187,395
abby 4-26 2 hr Blunt Advice 5
Ask Amy 4-27-15 2 hr Stina2 6
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]