Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252067 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

LCN Llin

United States

#953763 Jul 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"When all else fails, keep throwing race into the pot."
--- The Magic Negro
NSA leaker Edward Snowden damaged the “security of the country,” former President George W. Bush said in an interview.

Bush did not directly say whether he thinks Snowden can be labeled a “traitor” but said he knows the country has been hurt as a result of the leaks.

“I think he damaged the security of the country,” Bush said on CNN while visiting Africa, adding that President Barack Obama will deal with the situation.
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

#953764 Jul 25, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How about we look at some numbers.
316 million total population.
86.4 million under 20.
40.5 million over 65.
1.6 million disabled.
21 million in universities.
130 million full time jobs.
8.2 million part time jobs.
The ratio of full time to part time jobs is 15.8.
Your economic recovery is creating 5 times as many part time jobs as full time jobs.
The real percentage of people available for work but not working is 17 percent.
The annual deficit is 1.3 trillioin, down from 1.6 trillion it grew to before the TEA Party came to Congress in 2011.
The total debt is 17 trillion. The US economy is only 15 trillion.
The debt grows at 8 percent each year, while the calculated economic growth is only 2 percent. The real (private) economy that actually pays for everything is stagnant, and is only about 12 trillion.
So, the debt is one and a half times as big as what pays it.
And, the debt grows at almost 8 percent a year.
A stagnant economy has to pay a debt that is one and a half times its size and grows at 8 percent every year.
An idiot can tell you this system will collapse. What we need to do to fix it is to stop borrowing money. That is the 1.3 trillion dollars every year.
So, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Since you posted all this data all the knuckle dragging Liberals will all have to go take a marijuana break to let it all sink in...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#953765 Jul 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, i'll give it up.
i would prefer adoption to abortion. i would prefer anything to abortion. but that's not realistic. and as much as you seem to have you head up your ass at times, i know you're not stupid, so you have to know that legal abortions protect women while making abortion illegal will only end up killing as many women as it does the unborn.
we have to find a middle ground. you're never going to completely get what you want. the unborn will still die no matter what laws the Red states try to pass.
and that 'abortion should be decided by and voted on by the people in each state' is all well and good...as long as women are the only ones who get to vote.
You make a good point "the unborn will still die no matter what laws the Red states try to pass" but fail to recognize many democrats are also anti-abortion, especially deeply religious blacks and Hispanics.

But two wrongs never make a right. We can't condone disrespecting life as a society because some individuals will make that decision themselves.

Even so, I actually appreciate your thoughtful and respectful response.

If only we could all do that. Be thoughtful and respectful to our differences of opinions.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#953766 Jul 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it just the same as yesterday, and the same as tomorrow.
Hate.
Rush Limbaugh after Obama's inauguration:

“I disagree fervently with the people on our [GOP] side of the aisle who have caved and who say,‘Well, I hope he succeeds...I hope he fails."

Pretty much sums up the anti-American scumbag.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#953767 Jul 25, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Rev. Jesse Jackson said he wanted to "cut his [Barack Obama's] nuts out" for "talking down to black folks" by giving moral lectures to African-Americans that was picked up on a hot microphone a few years ago.
Why would Rev. Jackson say that? Doesn't he want to address the problem to solve it? Doesn't he have morals too?
At least Obama gets kudos for trying.
Bill Cosby was silenced pretty quickly too.
What's up with that?
You'd think all the rallies would be the perfect opportunity to address some of the real problems.
Yes? No?
Instead of calling it the Race Card, let's call it the Race Ball.

As long as the Race Ball is kept in play, the game draws a paying audience. But if that Race Ball should ever be dropped and allowed to roll to a stop on the sidelines somewhere, the Poverty Pimps lose all income, status and power.

Keeping the ball in the air, in play between Sharpton, Jackson and Eric Racist Holder keeps the paying audience's attention and the spoils of a racist war pouring into racist coffers.

The Race Ball never rests just as their is never rest for the wicked.

Lapeer, MI

#953768 Jul 25, 2013
there
WOW

Bronx, NY

#953769 Jul 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is destructive personal behavior, regardless of race.
THANK YOU good
mr owl

Norman, OK

#953770 Jul 25, 2013
Crabs on treadmills...!!!!!!!

$682,570

http://www.nsf.gov/discoveries/disc_summ.jsp...

Lapeer, MI

#953771 Jul 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, i'm a fool for believing anyone beyond those in the right wing media who've fooled you all into believing that they care more the issues than they do the money they make by telling the gullible what they want to hear.
Yes, you're a Fool and let's stop there:)
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#953772 Jul 25, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well gee son.
Thanks for verifying you're NOT American.
It's a pleasant surprise!
Yeah, nothing better to do today again? You must be one bored puppy! What else do you do with your time besides make silly remarks to amuse yourself here all day and night? Just curious.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#953773 Jul 25, 2013
tell_it_like_it_IS wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it Fox....
which gave us white hispanic.
i have no clue. enlighten me.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#953774 Jul 25, 2013
tell_it_like_it_IS wrote:
<quoted text>
You laugh,
It is all fun and games until an African misses his fwee nut wash....
That you choose to be stuck in an infinite loop?

Yes son, I laugh at you.

... like a mouse on a wheel!
WOW

Bronx, NY

#953775 Jul 25, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> President Barack Obama's popularity goes up when he goes out and talks with the American people about the economy. Americans like their American President Barack Obama better than any U S President since John F. Kennedy. I'd rather see our President Barack Obama at home talking to us, rolling up his sleeves and working beside us, than running off to a foreign country with the troops to fight in some God-forsaken war that we had no business becoming involved in like his no-good, stupid predecessor who will go nameless out of respect for the intelligence of the American public.
YOU ARE RIGHT HE JUST RUNS AROUND ACTING LIKE GEORGE BUSH LIBYA SYRIA EGYPT ALL THE LITTLE DIRTY WARS IN AFRICA I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT HE WOULD HAVE BEEN DOING MORE FOR THE COUNTRY well he saved the corparate GM AND CHRYSLER COULDNT SAVE THE WORKING MAN/WOMAN IN DETROIT I KNOW THE WALLSTREET INVESTER AND BANKERS WHO MADE BIG MONEY OUT OF ALL HIS BAIL OUT lolololhahaha OBAMA BAILED BANKER AND WALLSTREET BIG WIGS AND LEFT GRANDMA POOR BUT HE FEEDAS THE FAT CATS LOLOLOLHAHAHAHA

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#953776 Jul 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an opinion site.
Do your own research.
Then, she shouldn't post her "opinions" as facts. Perhaps she should preface everything with "IMO". It does, however, explain why you people seem so stupid. Facts don't seem to matter to Rethugs.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#953777 Jul 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservtives are always in a moral panic. That is why they can't be trusted to lead this country.
The panic is also selective.. like everything else their political morals cover.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#953778 Jul 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not interested because the circumstances of Obama's birth are not provable, either way, so a waste of time.
the last thing that fired up those discussions was Obama's birthplace.

once that started i was back to copy & paste and slaying the fools as fast as they could hit enter.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#953779 Jul 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i used to have some very intellectual discussions with that guy and others on that thread. i kind of miss it.
maybe you should try it. if i could get along with a bunch of birthers, the possibilities might be endless.
Funny. I'd have thought discussions with birthers would be extremely limited.
LCN Llin

United States

#953780 Jul 25, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> President Barack Obama's popularity goes up when he goes out and talks with the American people about the economy. Americans like their American President Barack Obama better than any U S President since John F. Kennedy. I'd rather see our President Barack Obama at home talking to us, rolling up his sleeves and working beside us, than running off to a foreign country with the troops to fight in some God-forsaken war that we had no business becoming involved in like his no-good, stupid predecessor who will go nameless out of respect for the intelligence of the American public.
Republican wish to destroy the country to bring down a president.

The fetus wing feels the pain of the 24 week fetus
but cares nothing for the two month old child.

Look who opposes all programs that help the poor

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#953781 Jul 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
why. are. you. hating. on. white. people?
All the cool people are doing it.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#953782 Jul 25, 2013
RACISM = BLACKS HATED REAGAN FOR WHAT HE DID NOW OBAMA DECLEARS REAGAN WAS HIS HERO not a peep obama does the same as BUSH not a peep OBAMA DOES WHAt THE "WHITE MAN ALWAYS does" according to underachievers he spoke down to BLACK MEN CALLED THEM DEAD BEAT DADS EVEN WENT TO AFRICA WITH HIS BS WELL THEM AFRICANS AINT AFRICAN AMERICAN SO THEY TOLD HIM FU KENYAN THIS AINT KENYA OR AMERICA KEEP YOUR AGENDA BILL COSBEY HAVE DONE MORE FOR BL:ACK AMERICA BY GIVING HOPE AND BRINGING THE RACES TOGETHER BLACKS HATE MR. COSBEY PUT HIM ON THE BACK BURNER NAD IS BESTIES WITH A DRUG DEALER JAY Z wow THATS WHAT YOU CALL GROWTH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min Enter 192,385
Another Centralia, IL Police Scandal: Officer ... 54 min Counselor48 1
Ask Amy 7-5-15 5 hr mrs gladys kravitz 4
5 Truths You Cannot Disagree With. 5 hr Dave 11
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr Analog man 6,147
In Summer Please Help Me ribeye steak is best f... 6 hr MyChicagoSteak 1
Dear Abby 7-5-15 7 hr mrs gladys kravitz 6
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages