Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#953298 Jul 24, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Tenzing just put you on blast about your car fetched version of the truth, yet you insist on ignorance over homework. The IRS targeted liberal groups also but, again you prove your ignorance over logic. Not 1 conservative group denied status but, a liberal group was &, you're still trying to make something of this. I'll take your word that you aren't but, you're surely making yourself look stupid!
The Treasury Department's inspector general stated 6 progressive groups were targeted compared to 292 conservative groups.

I swear sometimes I think all liberals have lost their minds and my head is going to explode.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#953299 Jul 24, 2013
Secrets of the Neocon Noir

Why I'd make a lousy black conservative

A friend of mine once referred to a prominent black conservative writer as a "blackface mercenary." In kind of a knee-jerk response, I agreed, since I disagree with most so-called black conservatives.

On deeper reflection, I asked myself: is that really a fair characterization? And then I recalled a curious little essay by one black neo-conservative writer on how hip-hop holds blacks back. It dawned on me then that there really is a simple formula to being a neo-conservative Negro columnist:

You first take small incidents out of day-to-day experience and cast them as proof of a stereotypical weakness about blacks or African American culture more broadly. Then you caustically deride black leaders as compromised victimologists who would excuse even the most absurd behavior. And finally, you praise the virtues of a "mainstream" (read: white) common sense that knows better. This is a playbook worth studying carefully since, I'm told, the job pays well.

http://www.theroot.com/views/secrets-neocon-n...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#953300 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Never before have we seen such a thin-skinned, sensitive president who only wants to be liked and adored by his admirers...and who personally went after and demeaned his only opposition.
(Forgot to add the last part.)
But it's quite remarkable. And worrisome.
The Magic Negro is desperate to change the conversation. He tells Americans they should tolerate young black thugs and then today he says that he wants to revive America's Middle Class. Hilarious stuff. Four and a half years of confused bungling, lying, welfare increases and scandal and now the Magic Negro suddenly declares he wants to fix the economy!!!!!

Meanwhile, Jay Carney gets into a cat fight with MSNBC's Joe Scarborough, refusing to answer anything about the IRS scandal calling it ""the line pushed by Republicans who want Washington to be focused on scandals instead of the economy."

And China is throwing its weight around against Taiwan, Vietnam, the Philippines, Japan and anyone floating in the South China Sea or within a thousand miles of it while increasing its military might through stolen technology from the West....

And the Magic Negro?

He golfs, dances, makes racist speeches, issues unconstitutional executive orders and then lies his ass-off at press conferences knowing that the Fifth Column will support his diversions away from his corruption scandals.

This is the Left's New Normal.

Lapeer, MI

#953301 Jul 24, 2013
leosnana wrote:
Clarence Thomas = Long Dong Perjurer (Did you read that transcript/watch those tapes)
Now, although I think GHW Bush's heart was in the right place, unless he was running the CIA and/or covering for his loser sons, the fact that "they all look alike" to him was quite evident in his replacing a giant like Thurgood Marshall with an Affirmative Action Tom like Thomas, and has probably besmirched the integrity of SCOTUS for a generation at least.
Stop listening to yourself. Shove wax into your ears.

It's driving you mad.

Orlando, FL

#953302 Jul 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
as far as anyone can tell no one is leading the GOP.
It's better to stay out of the way when your opposition is imploding.

You might get hit by debris.

Republicans are waiting for 2014 to try and clean up the mess again.

Unless you make the mess worse and continue to wallow in it.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#953303 Jul 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican control of the House after the 2014 election is a given.
The only question is control of the Senate.
Republican House Speaker Boner can't get anything done and likes it that way . Unfortunately, Americans see things like Obama does , problems in the country are too big now and doing nothing about them is unacceptable. Republicans are bracing themselves for losing big in 2014; Democrats gain their greatest control over both Houses. Why else are some desperate Republican leaders even considering Christine O'Donnell as a 'viable candidate'. All they have left is to hope in hocus pocus and crack pot witch craft to save their skins now .:-D
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#953304 Jul 24, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all for it in poliTICs--especially over the past five years.
Even Clinton's admin wasn't this abhorringly disgusting.
Not like bushie boy's!

Orlando, FL

#953305 Jul 24, 2013
God help us. Goodnight.

Lapeer, MI

#953306 Jul 24, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
George Zimmerman voted "Man of the Year"!!
Trayvon & Chris Dorner tied for "dead negro thug of the year"!!
Swilly Voted "Soonest to BECOME a Corpse"!@!!@!
Shouldn't that be "George Zimmerman voted White-Hispanic Man of the Year!!"?????

Swilly's customers will tell you she's already a corpse warmed over.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#953307 Jul 24, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You should have given him a link to a picture of Alberto Gonzales.
1. Gonzales drafted Executive Order 13233 making it possible for current and former presidents to assert executive privilege over the release of privileged presidential records.
2. Gonzales was the "key architect" in the legal foundation for Bush's war on terror.
3. Gonzales "improperly" and perhaps illegally, used the PATRIOT Act to uncover personal information about U.S. citizens.
4. Gonzales resigned under threats of impeachment.
etc, etc, etc, etc.
Yep. Just like him going over to Ashcroft in ICU to force him to sign the domestic surveillance authorization.

Cons applauded then.
Merchants of Tarshish

Waynesboro, MS

#953308 Jul 24, 2013
Israeli Tax Preparers Snared

Quote:
In a sign the U.S. government is moving beyond Switzerland in its pursuit of secret offshore accounts, the Justice Department and Internal Revenue Service announced the indictment of three Israeli-American tax preparers, who are charged with helping U.S. taxpayers hide millions of dollars in two Israeli banks.

Quote:
"These are the first indictments in connection with accounts at Israeli banks," said Bryan Skarlatos, an attorney with Kostelanetz & Fink in New York who has handled confessions of secret offshore accounts for hundreds of U.S. taxpayers.

Quote:
The defendants also prepared corporate and partnership tax returns that falsely reported money sent offshore as investment losses or business expenses. In addition, the defendants underreported clients' income and failed to report the foreign accounts, according to the indictment.

Quote:
The defendants worked for United Revenue Service Inc., a tax-preparation firm with 12 offices nationwide, according to the indictment. Phone numbers for United Revenue Service offices were disconnected.

Read: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405270...

June 17, 2012, 7:38 p.m. ET
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#953309 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's better to stay out of the way when your opposition is imploding.
You might get hit by debris.
Republicans are waiting for 2014 to try and clean up the mess again.
Unless you make the mess worse and continue to wallow in it.
you sure forgot 2012 in a hurry.

but i didn't. so if i were you....i'd put a hold on the predictions.

but just think....if you and your peers get it wrong again a whole lot of you will have to change your Topix names. again.

and oh what fun it will be trying to guess who is who. again.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#953310 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
God help us. Goodnight.
god who?

Lapeer, MI

#953311 Jul 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Hoping to return the nation's attention to the beleaguered economy, President Barack Obama lamented Wednesday that Washington has grown obsessed with "an endless parade of distractions, political posturing and phony scandals."
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/o...
now we get to see some thin skin.
carol?
The Magic Negro has thin skin and a thick skull.

Bad combination.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#953312 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I know in my gut he did.
He set the tone. He lost the House in 2010 and shook up his one-party power agenda. Homeland Security considered the Tea Party a threat in 2009.
IRS Commissioner, Doug Shulman, visited the White House 118 times between 2010 and 2011 and Acting Director Steven Miller, who took over at the IRS in November made numerous visits to the White House.
Top IRS officials visiting the White House is almost unheard of.
Obama met with one of his only two appointees to the IRS, William Wilkins, two days before the targeting. His top advisors knew about the targeting. His Chief Counsel knew about the targeting.
He knew. Of course he knew. It's just proving it and that's still ongoing.
The Senate Finance Committee is investigating it, and Senator Max Baucus (D) stated there's much more to it than the scope of focus.
It's just a matter of time. This president knows it. It's why he's on the campaign trail again.
Obama was "so disturbed" by this just a few months ago and promised to get to the bottom of it. But not a word has been spoken about it and today it's now a "mindless distraction".
Anyone with a modicum of analytical skills has no problem connecting the dots.
There's no analytical skills involved with your claims son.

Just a lot of assumptions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#953313 Jul 24, 2013
Just to ask one more time...

Obama called the targeting of conservative groups "outrageous" and said any IRS employees involved would be held accountable.

So...who has been held accountable?

Night.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#953314 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
How does this president expect to get anything done when he never contacts or reaches out to republicans on Capital Hill and then goes out on the stump and takes pot shots at them?
He acts like he's in high school and this is a rivalry between two neighboring schools.
This is not high school and he's not the student body president trying to maintain his popularity by bashing the opposing school.
He's the president and has no idea how to be one.
Perhaps he should call them over like Reagan did?

Or ignore them like bushie boy did.

It's amazing what you consider 'presidential,' son.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#953315 Jul 24, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Right. The fat white lady, Teabagger, who couldn't be bothered to report those four hundred thousand dollars on her and Long Dong's tax return, does a drunk dial out her her lyin' ass at 7:30 am to harass Anita Hill. Think she's bothered that Uncle Thomas only married her in case the flag he was wrapping himself in wasn't big enough to cover all his crimes?
Isn't Anita suing Coca Cola 'cuz she found another pubic hair in her Coke? It must have fallen from her mouth.

What goes around comes around. Anita is still the joke she was back there. No fool like an old fool, Anita.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#953316 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, you have to have some modicum of analytical skills.
If learning about the targeting was "so disturbing" to this president a few months ago and if he was so determined to get to the bottom of it, why is it now just a "mindless distraction"?
Because the investigations are getting too close to the truth.
Are you really this stupid intentionally?
People just need to assume what you do.

Then it falls into place.

No analytical skills required

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#953317 Jul 24, 2013
mr owl wrote:
It is the culture....
"Anthony Weiner admits sexting continued after 2011 resignation from Congress"
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/23/19...
Can we just call the Weiner a Flash-In-The-Pan?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min Patriot AKA Bozo 49,337
abby 12-26 29 min RACE 5
amy 12-26 36 min RACE 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 52 min WelbyMD 182,134
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,293
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) 6 hr Reddog 6
Fight at Navy Pier 9 hr joey 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]