Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,764)

Showing posts 875,261 - 875,280 of1,032,985
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“All Human Freedom began”

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

This month, the Senate will consider whether or not to reconfirm Fred Hochberg as head of the Export-Import Bank (Eximbank).

Eximbank is a little known "New Deal" federal agency that either loans money directly or "guarantees" loans to American businesses to support those business' overseas ventures.

If the company cannot pay back the loans, the taxpayer picks up the tab.

Loans made, or guaranteed by, Eximbank are inherently risky and market-distorting, since Eximbank's charter forbids them from "competing with the private sector."

Instead, Eximbank uses taxpayer funds to "assume credit and country risks that the private sector is unable or unwilling to accept."

You read that right.

Eximbank's whole purpose is to use YOUR money to support projects that could not get support from banks and private investors!

In 2007, then-Senator Barack Obama called Eximbank "little more than a fund for corporate welfare" that should be shut down.

But instead of shutting it down, President Obama has worked to expand Eximbank, using it to reward his corporate cronies and putting taxpayers even more at risk.

For example, in 2012, the Boeing Corporation received $12.2 billion in loan guarantees from Eximbank - which accounted for 82% of Eximbank's loan guarantees!

General Electric is another example of a wealthy company that benefits from Eximbank's taxpayer-funded "generosity."

In 2012, GE received over $1 billion in Eximbank loans - even though GE made over $150 billion in profit that year!

Eximbank even finances projects used to shut down American manufactures and open up plants overseas.

Clearly, the American people would be better off if Eximbank were shut down and the money returned to American entrepreneurs, workers, and families.

Call your representatives and tell them Obama as a senator said they should be shut down and ask where the idiot stand on it today.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...and your alternative is???
"John Galt"
"sonic's" solution. A 19 billion dollar bail out. Gotta protect those loyal union voters.
Peace
proud2bwhite

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey y'all....
He be white,
And stupid as shtttt!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaaa!!!
LOL
LOL
LOL
Just lock that pudgy fffcckkk up!
Fed charges....
LOCK UP PUDGY!
LOCK UP PUDGY
LOCK UP PERRY?
40 Years for both.
well if you insist on helping obama commit mass suicide of blacks in a race war you start over an isue that did not involve a white man at all, please start it early in the morning so we can be done with you all by noon and still enjoy our afternoon lunch.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fine, rightie. I'm enjoying my "glorious" vacation on the East Coast.
"poop"
When is your bio/fantasy going to be released? Which summer? You have promising the book for going on 5 years. Just another lie on your part?
Peace
KMA

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Tonto 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, Tonto read your post again and he decide it not wrong what President said. Law not work when armed men can ambush unarmed men, or the powerful kill the less powerful, and then walk away. Defeat whole purpose of law. George Zimmerman must suffer consequences of doing wrong thing, one way or other. It take courage for President to call it like he sees it. Tonto think you may have been too long without comic foil for extensive and impressive fact-gathering.
Well, it's not uncommon for me to be on opposite sides of those I like. It happens. It doesn't change the respect I have for you or Yeah. We just see things differently on this particular issue. That is OK.

I held back my judgment on the case until all the evidence was presented. I was determined not to prejudge. Since all I have to base my judgment on is the evidence presented in court, I am left with no choice but to agree with the jury (and most all the experts in the field) that Martin was the one who "ambushed" Zimmerman through concealment and the element of surprise. IMO, Trayvon at 6'2" was the more powerful of the two. Things ended badly but I don't fault Zimmerman.

Is there a grey area? Of course. There can't be any black and white when one of the parties involved is dead. But, it's all we've got. I kept expecting the prosecution to bring forth some character witnesses for Trayvon....anything to prove he wasn't a trouble maker with a chip on his shoulder toward white authority figures (or a wannabe authority figure in the case of Zimmerman). It didn't happen. Even a lifetime of being treated disrespectfully and discriminated against doesn't justify acting out violently against someone who is just following you. It just doesn't.

That said, I am disgusted by the comments of many of the racists cons on this thread. I'd like to see people who call African Americans "monkeys" or "savages" exiled to another country. That might go a long way toward racial harmony.
proud2bwhite

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's not uncommon for me to be on opposite sides of those I like. It happens. It doesn't change the respect I have for you or Yeah. We just see things differently on this particular issue. That is OK.
I held back my judgment on the case until all the evidence was presented. I was determined not to prejudge. Since all I have to base my judgment on is the evidence presented in court, I am left with no choice but to agree with the jury (and most all the experts in the field) that Martin was the one who "ambushed" Zimmerman through concealment and the element of surprise. IMO, Trayvon at 6'2" was the more powerful of the two. Things ended badly but I don't fault Zimmerman.
Is there a grey area? Of course. There can't be any black and white when one of the parties involved is dead. But, it's all we've got. I kept expecting the prosecution to bring forth some character witnesses for Trayvon....anything to prove he wasn't a trouble maker with a chip on his shoulder toward white authority figures (or a wannabe authority figure in the case of Zimmerman). It didn't happen. Even a lifetime of being treated disrespectfully and discriminated against doesn't justify acting out violently against someone who is just following you. It just doesn't.
That said, I am disgusted by the comments of many of the racists cons on this thread. I'd like to see people who call African Americans "monkeys" or "savages" exiled to another country. That might go a long way toward racial harmony.
when one acts like a savage they will 'Bush' also called a monkey?
proud2bwhite

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> when one acts like a savage they will 'Bush' also called a monkey?
odd only part of what I wrote posted..
Rewrite..when one acts like a savage they will be called a savage..wasn't Bush also called a monkey?

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Does Tonto remind you of someone from the past?
Oh yes. These cons don't know what is in store for them.

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Monkey, bitch, savage, monkey. Sure lock down freedom of speech. But remember it works both ways bitch money skank. Not just your liberal interpretation.

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot one. Muzzie. Skank. Savage. There be disgusted.

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> when one acts like a savage they will 'Bush' also called a monkey?
????

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Jorge Zimmerman wrote:
Have you seen the news??? Iran sides with TM supporters, how ironic? And two people wanna buy me my gun of choice since that racist knee grow Eric Holder wont give me mine back. I'm a democrat and a minority, I don't understand why there's so much hate towards me? I'd do that lil k 00n in again if I had to...
"There is a story behind the story in the Zimmerman case. We have all heard about the numerous tweets and posts that are promising vengeance if Zimmerman is acquitted, but you must look beyond that. The promised racial riots are simply a cover for something bigger in my opinion. The call for blacks to riot is simply a smoke screen for a hidden agenda. My best suggestion is to be prepared to defend your family because there are some who want these “riots” to extend outside the State of Florida and we must look at the source. Whenever the New Black Panther Party becomes involved I think it’s fair to look at the possible motivation.
Though the New Black Panthers are not officially a Muslim organization they might as well be. Their chairman, Malik Zulu Shabazz, is a self-proclaimed Muslim and there is strong evidence that the New Black Panther Party is tied to Hezbollah.

The organization jumped on the Trayvon Martin death early with a bold statement. The Southern Poverty Law Center reports:
The group made headlines across the country in March 2012 when Mikhail Muhammad, a New Black Panther leader in Florida, said the NBPP was placing a $10,000 “bounty” on a neighborhood watch volunteer who killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, an African American, in Sanford, Fla. When asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad said,“An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.” The group also called for the mobilization of 10,000 black men to capture the Hispanic man who shot the unarmed teen as he was walking through a gated community wearing a hooded sweatshirt and carrying only some candy and iced tea. The lack of charges against the gunman, who claimed he was attacked by Martin, sparked nationwide outrage.
The obvious question on everyone’s mind is how a group can get by with putting a bounty on a man’s head with no consequences? Well, the conspiracy runs very deep. Let us not forget that Eric Holder was involved in an armed takeover of an abandoned ROTC building as a freshman at Columbia. This was not necessarily a Black Panther operation but it was run by the Black Students Organization at Columbia. You might say that Holder was a Black Panther wannabe back in the day."

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
James Woods, the actor, reacted angrily to Obama's speech about race on Friday and its focus on black teenagers rather than "ALL youth of every heritage in this country."
Responding to the president's admission that he's heard the sound of car doors locking as he passed by white people, Woods unleashed a flurry of tweets, including: "The only reason people lock their car doors when Obama walks by is they are afraid he'll tax them to death."
Thought that was funny.
In that stupid book, the Magic Negro also mentioned how his white grandmother would move him to the other side of the street when they encountered Trayvons coming head on to them while out walking.

Sad. She was trying to protect him and this is the thanks the poor lady gets! He has no shame, no brain.
x democrat

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

there you have it out of his own mouth, he is a thug.
the jury did not have the evidence to convict, but had the balls not to be intimidated. good for them.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
James Woods, the actor, reacted angrily to Obama's speech about race on Friday and its focus on black teenagers rather than "ALL youth of every heritage in this country."
Responding to the president's admission that he's heard the sound of car doors locking as he passed by white people, Woods unleashed a flurry of tweets, including: "The only reason people lock their car doors when Obama walks by is they are afraid he'll tax them to death."
Thought that was funny.
Inside of the same week that the Magic Negro gives his drug-induced speech showing how black racism still lives, Chris Brown loses his parole because of his lying at the scene of an auto accident he caused, Kayne West assaults a photographer while stealing his camera and, on today's regional news, I watched a story about two Saginaw Trayvon Hoodiemen who shot and killed people and a second story about another Flint Trayvon Hoodieman killing a mother and her 12 year old daughter.

The Benghazi Boob is hitting .500 this week!

Let's see if he can go even lower next week!

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That's no way to talk about your mama, cry baby loser.
That's right. I would never talk about my mother that way..

So...where in the hell are you taking the conversation, Dood?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up racist?
How is Wilhelm from Germany?
I would tell Ghost to get a life but that sounds impossible and funny, doesn't it?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
Helen Thomas sure did look like a Jew.
She could open up beer cans with her nose but guys complained about how it gave them a sore belly button:)

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fine, rightie. I'm enjoying my "glorious" vacation on the East Coast.
...while all the guys are enjoying you.(sigh)

You are *such* a giving person. Even to strangers:)

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as much as I support Obama, I was very disappointed in his speech. I know he is trying to make something good come out of a bad situation but he did just the opposite. He never should have taken sides.
"White people" understand very well why African-Americans reacted with frustration and anger to the acquittal of George Zimmerman. But it was not an unjust verdict and Obama should have addressed that FACT. By merely saying, "the jury has spoken" and making excuses for the temper tantrums thrown by those who didn't get their way, Obama fueled the fire instead of putting out the flames.
There was nothing wrong with Obama expressing sympathy for Trayvon's family but he should have taken it a step further and expressed just as much concern for all that George Zimmerman endured during the last eighteen months as he did for Trayvon's family. Zimmerman's parents acted with just as much "incredible grace and dignity" in dealing with the entire situation as Trayvon's parents. But no, instead, he chose to take sides by completely ignoring the evidence presented in court and painting Trayvon as the victim of racial profiling.
Perhaps, instead of telling us to ask ourselves if we are "wringing as much bias out of ourselves as we can?" or "judging people as much as we can, based on not the color of their skin, but the content of their character?", he should be asking himself those questions. If his speech and his reaction to the verdict is any indication, the answer is "no". That is not very presidential.
The News tonight did a piece about a crowd of sign-carrying protesters occupying a Flint freeway overpass.

"Impeach Obama", "Don't Forget Benghazi", Obama Is Watching You", "Honk If You Hate The King", etc, etc.

Lots of passing honking horns....

I love fresh air!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 875,261 - 875,280 of1,032,985
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]