Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
874,881 - 874,900 of 1,101,925 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
LCN Llin

United States

#952509 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not how it works. Real leaders don't come up with the idea of a sequester, sign it, make doomsday speeches to get his way and then blames the other side for standing their ground.
The majority of Americans wanted the sequester cuts to go even deeper.
The doomsday speeches/temper tantrums didn't work. He's punishing everyone now - closing the WH doors, cancelling traditional military events, hurting public servants such as firemen - as much as possible but hosts lavish galas at the WH, goes on lavish trips and plays golf with Tiger Woods.
No, this is not how it works.
Real leaders don't pitch a fit and pout because they refuse to work and compromise with those who represent the other half of the nation.
We ares still in the Republican Depression

WASHINGTON ó September 19, 2008 11:32 PM EST | AP

Struggling to stave off financial catastrophe, the Bush administration on Friday laid out a radical bailout plan with a jawdropping price tag _ a takeover of a half-trillion dollars or more in worthless mortgages and other bad debt held by tottering institutions.

Relieved investors sent stocks soaring on Wall Street and around the globe. The Dow-Jones industrials average rose 368 points after surging 410 points the day before on rumors the federal action was afoot.

A grim-faced President Bush acknowledged risks to taxpayers in what would be the most sweeping government intervention to rescue failing financial institutions since the Great Depression.

But he declared, "The risk of not acting would be far higher."

The administration is asking Congress
for far-reaching new powers

to take over troubled mortgages from banks and other companies, including purchasing sour mortgage-backed securities. Administration officials and congressional leaders are to work out details over the weekend.

Congressional officials said they expected a request for legal authority to buy up the bad loans, at a cost in excess of $500 billion to the government. Democrats were discussing whether to try to attach middle class assistance to the legislation, despite a request from Bush to avoid adding controversial items that could delay action. An expansion of jobless benefits was one possibility.

In other major steps, the Treasury Department and Federal Reserve moved to give money-market mutual funds the same kind of federal protection, at least temporarily, that now applies to savings and checking accounts and certificates of deposit at banks. Money-market accounts sold through retail banks are already FDIC insured.

The spreading global selling panic had started to threaten some money-market funds, usually thought of as rock-solid investments. Administration officials feared a run on these funds, held by millions of Americans.

"Every American should know that the federal government continues to enforce laws and regulations protecting your money," Bush said at the White House. The 75-year-old Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation now insures savings and checking accounts and certificates of deposit up to $100,000.

Separately, the Securities and Exchange Commission acted to block short-selling in financial securities. That is a trading method that bets the value of stocks will go down. It has been blamed for accelerating the plunge in stock prices of banks and other financial institutions.

"This is a pivotal moment for America's economy," Bush said. "In our nation's history, there have been moments that require us to come together across party lines to address major challenges. This is such a moment."

Congressional leaders of both parties welcomed the administration's bold moves, after a series of ad hoc rescues.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#952510 Jul 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
A Trifecta of Boot Licking Uncle Toms Defending George Zimmerman: Who is the Worst One? Larry Elder, Pastor Manning, or Jesse Lee Peterson?
Black conservatism is a very lucrative business. It takes few resources to begin one's hustle. There are boosters who will back your play. The risks are minimal. Their public is eager to be grifted--is there no easier scam than taking money from the willing? And the skills that one needs to be successful in the black conservative con game are minimal. It is a real quota, and an internalized projection of what conservatives say "affirmative action" policies produce in the workplace: skin color, a hostility towards African-Americans, and a heartbeat are all that one needs to be a successful black conservative media darling. Ability is welcome but secondary and coincidental to one's skin color.
The black conservatives only have to sit around until needed, secure in their break in case of emergency bubble that the White Right has them encased within. While sitting there, the checks continue because they are on retainer. Quite a good deal.
All that is required to be a successful black conservative in the Fox News Tea Party GOP mold is to be a professional contrarian who stands against any position taken by the "civil rights establishment", a willingness to degrade black Americans for the pleasure of white racists, and to have little or no self-respect. The more self-hating and contemptible a black conservative's position on a given political issue, the higher the bounty and pay.
http://www.chaunceydevega.com/2013/07/a-trife...
maybe instead of tearing down the black liberals you should spend more time telling us what black conservatives are being paid to say.
You all are a bunch of Uncle Malcombs. LOL-the plan didn't go off as proposed. The young people are tired of being told they are slaves.
LCN Llin

United States

#952511 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I sue the only network who hasn't been accused of altering the facts to protect or distract from wrongdoing on the part of those in power and who are the bulldogs looking out for the folks and not lapdogs looking out for this administration?
The only time Fox had to make a retraction was when the video of a black NAACP woman's comments were taken out of context. Fox wasn't the only network who ran it and Obama believed it so much, he fired her.
O'Reilly showed remorse and blamed himself and his research team for not doing their job thoroughly that one time.
Dan Rather was fired for making up lies about Bush.
NBC caught/apologized for editing Zimmerman's dispatch call.
NBC sued for same.
MSNBC caught/apologized editing Biden's comments about gun control.
MSNBC caught lying about a Romney ad.
ABC caught lying about gun control.
NBC caught editing Romney's comments.
Nevermind the New York Times who've been discredited so many times I lost count.
All of them remain absolutely silent when the people need to know what's going on with possible abuses of power in a liberal administration. If they don't have anything on conservatives, they just make it up.
So, no, I wouldn't trust getting my news from any other source.
It's why O'Reilly and Fox News was rated the #1 trusted news source by Suffolk University in Boston - a liberal university.
And Dan Rather was fired.
-fox in-

-fox out-

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#952512 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I sue the only network who hasn't been accused of altering the facts to protect or distract from wrongdoing on the part of those in power and who are the bulldogs looking out for the folks and not lapdogs looking out for this administration?
The only time Fox had to make a retraction was when the video of a black NAACP woman's comments were taken out of context. Fox wasn't the only network who ran it and Obama believed it so much, he fired her.
O'Reilly showed remorse and blamed himself and his research team for not doing their job thoroughly that one time.
NBC sued for same.
Nevermind the New York Times who've been discredited so many times I lost count.
All of them remain absolutely silent when the people need to know what's going on with possible abuses of power in a liberal administration. If they don't have anything on conservatives, they just make it up.
It's why O'Reilly and Fox News was rated the #1 trusted news source by Suffolk University in Boston - a liberal university.
The "only" time? How deluded are you by the Foxbots propaganda. Why did not Fox apologize ,like CNN did, when they both reported that the Supreme Court had overturned the individual mandate and Obamacare ? Hmmmm? Fox has a strict policy never to retract a thing or apologize for anything they publish; right or wrong; just lie more to cover up the previous lies.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#952513 Jul 24, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol vs Science
LOL
democrats vs white vs black
LOL
LCN Llin

United States

#952514 Jul 24, 2013
WASHINGTON ó September 19, 2008 11:32

Struggling to stave off financial catastrophe, the Bush administration on Friday laid out a radical bailout plan with a jawdropping price tag _ a takeover of a half-trillion dollars or more in worthless mortgages and other bad debt held by tottering institutions.

Relieved investors sent stocks soaring on Wall Street and around the globe. The Dow-Jones industrials average rose 368 points after surging 410 points the day before on rumors the federal action was afoot.

A grim-faced President Bush acknowledged risks to taxpayers in what would be the most sweeping government intervention to rescue failing financial institutions since the Great Depression. But he declared, "The risk of not acting would be far higher."

The administration is asking Congress for

far-reaching new powers to take over troubled

mortgages from banks and other companies, including purchasing sour mortgage-backed securities. Administration officials and congressional leaders are to work out details over the weekend.

America still suffering from Republican depression

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#952515 Jul 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Donít Repeal Any Laws, Repeal John Boehner
It would be impossible to name the craziest thing said by a Republican so far this year. This year? This week.
New entrants arrive constantly and the competition is feral. And yet paradoxically they donít even shock anymore. But one recent Republican remark should arrest you and deserves your contemplation: John Boehnerís statement on Face the Nation Sunday that he and his House Republicans ďought to be judged on how many laws we repeal.Ē
Itís not an outrageous statement in the Obama-wants-to-impose-Sharia vein, but in its way itís more disturbing. The Republican Party now sees dysfunction as not just an unfortunate consequence of a set of historical factors, something that they might work every now and again to correct. Now, the Republican Party sees dysfunction as its mission.
....This isnít a partisan crisis. Itís a historical crisis. And the political system canít solve it. We need leaders from other walks of life, especially from the various branches of the business world, to stand up and say to the Republicans that dysfunction cannot be your mission. You must govern. Govern conservatively, but govern. And we need, as Iíve said before, big-dollar organizations that can boot some of these people out of office and replace them with a few Dick Lugars. We donít need to repeal any laws. Repealing a hundred or so people is what we need.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07...
from your post: "..This isnít a partisan crisis. Itís a historical crisis. And the political system canít solve it. We need leaders from other walks of life, especially from the various branches of the business world, to stand up "---YOU SHOULD HAVE VOTED FOR ROMNEY THEN!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#952516 Jul 24, 2013
Obama's government:
My vision.
My base.
My ObamaCare.
My sequester.
I killed bin Laden.
My one-party system.
My taxes.
My invisible wars.
My cover-ups.
My welfare state.
My way or the highway.
My approval rate upside down...oops, he doesn't want anyone to know.

Obamacare comin' round the bend.
Senate Finance Committee's investigations and findings to be released.
Congressional investigations ongoing and findings to be released.

It's my guess it's probably not going to get any better.
LCN Llin

United States

#952517 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually, it is Obama's government. It always has been. His vision. His base. His ObamaCare. His sequester. His killing bin Laden. His one-party system. His taxes. His invisible wars. His cover-ups. His welfare state. His way or the highway.
He just blames anyone who doesn't recognize that and republicans for his own failures.
This country is literally being held captive by Obama's government.
His approval rating dropped 8 points from last month according to a CNN poll on Monday with 45% approval, 54% disapproval.
Those numbers were reversed just two months ago.
Off on the regular OPINIONS from the last five years :-)
Bush Wars were not invisible.
Carol is always correct :-) and if it rains in Orlando
it is President Obama's fault.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#952518 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not how it works. Real leaders don't come up with the idea of a sequester, sign it, make doomsday speeches to get his way and then blames the other side for standing their ground.
The majority of Americans wanted the sequester cuts to go even deeper.
The doomsday speeches/temper tantrums didn't work. He's punishing everyone now - closing the WH doors, cancelling traditional military events, hurting public servants such as firemen - as much as possible but hosts lavish galas at the WH, goes on lavish trips and plays golf with Tiger Woods.
No, this is not how it works.
Real leaders don't pitch a fit and pout because they refuse to work and compromise with those who represent the other half of the nation.
How 'it works' as you keep showing everyone that you don't know, is 'the President proposes;the Congress disposes'(as every school children knows by heart)
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#952519 Jul 24, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
-fox in-
-fox out-
LOL... fox in- or -fox out- Patrick??

George Zimmerman Sues NBC for Portraying Him as a 'Racist and Predatory Villain'

George Zimmerman, the who man faced second-degree murder charges in one of the most racially charged and controversial cases in recent memory is seeking damages against NBC for portraying him as a "racist and predatory villain."

The suit claims, "NBC saw the death of Trayvon Martin not as a tragedy, but as an opportunity to increase ratings."

The suit claims the network pounced on the story in large part to help aid the ailing ratings of its morning program, "The Today Show." It centers around "manipulated" exchanges between George Zimmerman and a non-emergency dispatcher shortly before unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin was shot and killed. The audio aired a few times on several NBC platforms beginning March 19.

The suit blames NBC in large part for the media frenzy surrounding the case and hostilities against Zimmerman.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-sue...

Zimmerman's mountain of attorney's will own MSNBC, Race Cop Al Shapton and the racist demoKratic hate party...

It's the culture...

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#952520 Jul 24, 2013
Sonic,
Fine. They are racist.
And you are a child abuser every time you whup your kids.
You gotta stop whuppin' your kids, Sonic.
LCN Llin

United States

#952521 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Obama's government:
My vision.
My base.
My ObamaCare.
My sequester.
I killed bin Laden.
My one-party system.
My taxes.
My invisible wars.
My cover-ups.
My welfare state.
My way or the highway.
My approval rate upside down...oops, he doesn't want anyone to know.
Obamacare comin' round the bend.
Senate Finance Committee's investigations and findings to be released.
Congressional investigations ongoing and findings to be released.
It's my guess it's probably not going to get any better.
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
Hamlet, Act III, scene II
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#952522 Jul 24, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It really says something about what a shthole NY is, since he's leading the polls. Leftists are seriously retarded....
No surprise that Weiner is leading given the crudeness of NYC and the fact that his opponents in the DemoKKKrat primary are even worse than him.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#952523 Jul 24, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It might truly BECOME the sunshine State if the negros all leave....
Get the Bocajews to leave and you have a doubleheader win.

Orlando, FL

#952524 Jul 24, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> The "only" time? How deluded are you by the Foxbots propaganda. Why did not Fox apologize ,like CNN did, when they both reported that the Supreme Court had overturned the individual mandate and Obamacare ? Hmmmm? Fox has a strict policy never to retract a thing or apologize for anything they publish; right or wrong; just lie more to cover up the previous lies.
Again...

O'Reilly and Fox News rated #1 trusted news source by Suffolk University in Boston - a liberal university.

NBC caught lying, editing and forced to apologize/firing people.
ABC caught lying about Romney in smear campaign ads.
MSNBC caught lying, editing and forced to apologize.
NYT's, Jayson Blair, fired "making up the news".
Dan Rather fired.

Do we need to go over this again?

(EVERYONE interpreted the SCOTUS' decision wrongly. Even the president. He was watching CNN.)

Give it a friggin' rest.

Orlando, FL

#952525 Jul 24, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
Hamlet, Act III, scene II
As should you and every clear-thinking person in this country.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#952526 Jul 24, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Out of the pockets of the middle class.

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#952527 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
NBC sued for same.
Dan Rather did not make up lies about Bush.

Your ignorance is showing.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#952528 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
NBC sued for same.
you use a purposely edited video that was taken out of context to prove black on white racism as an example of FOX integrity?

so did BillO out Breitbart for the edited video? did Bill say: I'm sorry folks, but a right wing site tried to mislead all of us and I promise it will never happen again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,541
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min JOEL 69,095
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min truth-facts 46,388
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 26 min Lawrence Wolf 66
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 37 min KiMare 49,518
ruth ann hall's son 59 min EYES EVERWHERE 1
Who is MICHAEL LA VAUGHN ROBINSON 2 hr Check Facts 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr RACE 97,985
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE