Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#952577 Jul 24, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest we eliminate Congress and their pay as they are totally worthless, and 81% of Americans agree...A record low for approval...Yea way to go pugs. You ever think about those idiots...Now go practice your girlie slaps.
Congressional sessions should be limited to two months each year and their pay reduced accordingly.

All congressional staff should be eliminated.

This is a non-partisan idea.
LCN Llin

United States

#952578 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a difference in editing context for time's sake in order to report the important points and editing a transcript to make it sound completely different to support an agenda.
You don't mind if I just go ahead and call you stupid too?
Used to think it was just a matter of being misled and tried to give you liberals the benefit of the doubt.
But when you start pulling the leash yourselves over the cliff....
editing ...to make it sound completely different to support an agenda.
FOX Agenda
obama_the_penius

Oklahoma City, OK

#952579 Jul 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Same place as cons son.
Same place as cons.
Why do Liberals fail to realize that even Governments can eventually go bankrupt?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#952580 Jul 24, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
Good News in the morning ......
WASHINGTON – When President Barack Obama posted his annual bracket for the NCAA tournament in March, he picked Louisville to make the national championship game.
On Tuesday, Obama jokingly admitted he was one game off with his prediction.
"(They) stayed focused on one singular goal, and that is to bust my bracket," said Obama, a noted basketball fan. "I've been having a tough time lately with my brackets."
LOUISVILLE: Cardinals get their giant rings
Obama honored the national champion Cardinals men's basketball team in the East Room of the White House, and Louisville coach Rick Pitino presented the president with a personalized No. 1 basketball jersey as well as a Louisville Slugger baseball bat.
"The reason we picked a bat is that some press conferences are difficult, as it is for me," joked Pitino, who won his second national championship as a coach, his first with Louisville.
"Feel free to use this at any time," he told Obama.
The Cardinals won the NCAA tournament in dramatic fashion in early April, culminating with an 82-76 comeback win against Michigan in the championship game at the Georgia Dome. They faced a 12-point deficit, but came from behind on the strength of a huge second half by graduating senior point guard Peyton Silva.
Big-time college football and basketball is a joke, nothing more than illiterate professionals-in-training.
LCN Llin

United States

#952581 Jul 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! bushie boy and the cons have done a FAR better job at destroying the economy son.
When President Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001,
the S&P 500 stock market index stood at 1,342.54.

The day President Bush left office, it was 805.22.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#952582 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a difference in editing context for time's sake in order to report the important points and editing a transcript to make it sound completely different to support an agenda.
You don't mind if I just go ahead and call you stupid too?
Used to think it was just a matter of being misled and tried to give you liberals the benefit of the doubt.
But when you start pulling the leash yourselves over the cliff....
This is rich; AuntBatty Lou calling others stupid!!! You're a trip.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#952583 Jul 24, 2013
If you want your political Status to Rise in the Democratic Party just be a… Weiner!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#952584 Jul 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News Uses Edited Obama Clip to Attack the President for Media Bias
Fox and Friends attempted to counter Obama’s point that Fox News and Rush Limbaugh punish Republicans for bipartisanship by playing clips of Obama criticizing Fox and having contributor Peter Johnson Jr. label the president’s criticisms silly and bizarre. However, Fox News confirmed the accuracy of the president’s criticism by selectively editing video of Obama to create a deceptive, misleading, and very partisan impression.
Here is the Fox and Friends video:....
The president was discussing the danger that comes when Americans only get their information from partisan sources. The president was arguing against partisan media on both the left and the right. Since the entire Fox News business model is based on convincing their audience that all other media sources are liberally biased liars, they are going to view any objective call for less partisanship as a threat to their survival.
By editing an Obama clip to make their argument, Fox News confirmed the accuracy of the president’s recent comments about the right wing media’s desire to keep the political environment hyper partisan. Fox doesn’t seem to understand that editing clips of the president to fit their partisan objectives isn’t the best way to argue that that they are being unfairly attacked by a partisan president.
The Fox News response to Obama’s comments proved that are a big part of the problem, and the solution is to turn off Fox.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/01/28/fox-ne...
lol! I notice you give a source....

... and I notice Lois doesn't provide one.

... just her opinion.

... as usual.

... but trying to pass it off as fact.

... as usual.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#952585 Jul 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mental twin, Dumbwaiter said the below & you keep talking about it.
"One major volcanic eruption releases more green-house gasses into the atmosphere than the entire human population."
Here is a link to an article that says you & Dumbwaiter are dumber than sh*t.
"According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the world’s volcanoes, both on land and undersea, generate about 200 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) annually, while our automotive and industrial activities cause some 24 billion tons of CO2 emissions every year worldwide. "
http://environment.about.com/od/greenhouseeff...
If Dumbass Dave took a dirt nap, CO2 emissions would be reduced and the world would be a better place.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#952586 Jul 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Whoops! Fox News Inadvertently Reveals Its Own Selective Edits Of Michigan Protest Video
http://chicagoist.com/2012/12/13/fox_news_sel...
lol! Isn't it amazing what can be found against an 'honest' news source?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#952587 Jul 24, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
When President Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001,
the S&P 500 stock market index stood at 1,342.54.
The day President Bush left office, it was 805.22.
Majority leaders Pelosi and Reid were the chief cooks in the kitchens of Hell when W left office...

The Hells kitchen Chiefs Pelosi and Reid cooked-up and produced nothing but poison, losing 750,000 jobs per month and still cooking-up more poison for America when W was and left office, something, an overdose of poison even a sellout obama still can't recover from today you idiot...

It's the culture...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#952588 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be more worried about former Congressman Weiner who was running for mayor.
You heard about his latest confessions of lewd texts?
I'd say it's all over for the big Weiner. But liberals in NYC just LOVED him!
"carol"
weenie is the ideal for "dumos" his kind of man. A liar and a dirt bag.
Peace
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#952589 Jul 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Poll: Race Relations Suffer In Wake Of Zimmerman Verdict
Wednesday's poll also found that a majority of blacks — 54 percent — "strongly disagree" that "America is a nation where people are not judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." That marks a huge increase from polls conducted in 2009 and 2010, when only around 30 percent of blacks had such a pessimistic view toward Martin Luther King's "dream" for the country.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...
Gotta blame somebody for your persistent failure.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#952590 Jul 24, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Some fellow Argentines, for example, who developed their ideology in a cultural world dominated by an Eurocentric discourse, seem as if they wanted to put as much distance as possible from any symbols of indigenous people. A sentiment that has historical roots that go back to the stage when the Argentine state was being established and that here, in the United States, is used to justify a rationalization of why Argentines are not Latinos.
So, now you're Nestor Fantini?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nestor-fantini/...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#952591 Jul 24, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
This is rich; AuntBatty Lou calling others stupid!!! You're a trip.
lily trying to make chicken salad out of old chicken bones & chicken shit...

It's the culture....
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#952592 Jul 24, 2013
Fourteen Propaganda Techniques Fox "News" Uses to Brainwash Americans

Pause for a moment and ask yourself what it means that the world's largest, most profitable and most popular news channel passes off as fact every whim, impulse and outrageously incompetent analysis of its so-called reporters. How did we get here? Take the enormous amount of misinformation that is taken for truth by Fox audiences: the belief that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and that he was in on 9/11, the belief that climate change isn't real and/or man-made, the belief that Barack Obama is Muslim and wasn't born in the United States, the insistence that all Arabs are Muslim and all Muslims are terrorists, the inexplicable perceptions that immigrants are both too lazy to work and are about to steal your job. All of these claims are demonstrably false, yet Fox News viewers will maintain their veracity with incredible zeal. Why? Is it simply that we have lost our respect for knowledge?

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/1964:fourt...

Fox audiences, birthers and Tea Partiers often defend their arguments by pointing to the fact that a lot of people share the same perceptions. This is a reasonable point to the extent that Murdoch's News Corporation reaches a far larger audience than any other single media outlet. But, the fact that a lot of people believe something is not necessarily a sign that it's true; it's just a sign that it's been effectively marketed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#952593 Jul 24, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Still peddling that damned lie? CRA only applied to banks chartered under the FDIC. The unregulated mortgage brokers like Countrywide and Indy Mac weren't and they're the ones who made the toxic loans, converted them into mortgage backed securities and infected the whole financial system.
You're an idiot DB!
If a person takes out a mortgage loan and pays the loan on time, what does it matter who made the loan and who they sold it to?

The problem was caused by irresponsible borrowers.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#952594 Jul 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I notice you give a source....
... and I notice Lois doesn't provide one.
... just her opinion.
... as usual.
... but trying to pass it off as fact.
... as usual.
opinion is fact, facts are opinion.

emphatically asserted. FOXbot style.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#952595 Jul 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So-called "global warming" has everything except higher temperatures.
SHHHH! He forgets about that part. What is it ,15 years and counting?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#952596 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have no idea what you've been talking about.
"carol"
You are not alone. "dumos" has no idea of what he is saying. He opens his mouth and lets the lies and BS spew forth. He offers little/nothing of value. He has lots of time since his wife kicked his sorry ass out.
Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min scirocco 70,993
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 22 min barefoot2626 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 59 min edogxxx 98,835
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,753
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,880
Deat Abby 12-16 2 hr cheluzal 71
Abby 12-18 3 hr RACE 6
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:26 pm PST

NFL12:26PM
Trestman on Cutler benching: I think we need a spark
Yahoo! Sports12:48 PM
Jay Cutler wants to stay in Chicago, but will the Bears keep him?
NBC Sports 1:35 PM
Jimmy Clausen: 'Gained knowledge' since last start in 2010
NBC Sports 1:50 PM
Marc Trestman: 'I think we need a lift at quarterback'
ESPN 2:17 PM
Cutler: 'Crossed my mind' Bears tenure over