Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#952203 Jul 23, 2013
Detzing is still lurking Fort Lauderdale, FL

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#952204 Jul 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> They certainly can choose not to buy.
"real dumb"
Is it not true if one refuses to purchase health care they will be fined?
Peace
KMA

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#952205 Jul 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Detzingis a pompous circle jerk, a self-congratulatory discussion where little to no progress is made...
It's the culture...
Y'all can all gather in a corner and commiserate, lick each other's wounds so to speak.

Nobody can take that away from you.

Location hidden

#952206 Jul 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>George Zimmerman is just as white as a half white obama...
Floriduh's still struggling with shapes and colors, we were supposed to start the alphabet next week but I just don't think its ready.
EXPERT

Cottonwood, CA

#952207 Jul 23, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No stupid, there are white hispanics. Its not some "liberal" conspiracy that emerged on the heels of the Martin killing.
Here's a street scene in Argentina, notice all the white hispanics?
http://static3.demotix.com/sites/default/file...
You have any links that depict any Korean Hispanics?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#952209 Jul 23, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey numbnuts, are you gonna miss me I'll be leaving in the morning back to my home in the Jefferson National Forest for a few months. You nutcases will still be here when I return crying and whining as usual..No life righties are programmed for whining and bitching along with being fact deprived.
"poop"
Before you pitch your tent in hobo time, and lose your rehab center computer let us no when your bio/fantasy will be released. Is this the summer?
Peace
KMA

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#952210 Jul 23, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Look whose talking! Yours left you and your spawn! GFY swine
Ha! Look who's barking. I say skank he says lily. Lmao.:-)

Location hidden

#952211 Jul 23, 2013
killtaker wrote:
when I had to write an essay...
"A General Summary of Aristotle's Appeals ...
The goal of argumentative writing is to persuade your audience that your ideas are valid, or more valid than someone else's. The Greek philosopher Aristotle divided the means of persuasion, appeals, into three categories--Ethos, Pathos, Logos.
Ethos (Credibility), or ethical appeal, means convincing by the character of the author. We tend to believe people whom we respect. One of the central problems of argumentation is to project an impression to the reader that you are someone worth listening to, in other words making yourself as author into an authority on the subject of the paper, as well as someone who is likable and worthy of respect.
Pathos (Emotional) means persuading by appealing to the reader's emotions. We can look at texts ranging from classic essays to contemporary advertisements to see how pathos, emotional appeals, are used to persuade. Language choice affects the audience's emotional response, and emotional appeal can effectively be used to enhance an argument.
Logos (Logical) means persuading by the use of reasoning. This will be the most important technique we will study, and Aristotle's favorite. We'll look at deductive and inductive reasoning, and discuss what makes an effective, persuasive reason to back up your claims. Giving reasons is the heart of argumentation, and cannot be emphasized enough. We'll study the types of support you can use to substantiate your thesis, and look at some of the common logical fallacies, in order to avoid them in your writing."
http://courses.durhamtech.edu/perkins/aris.ht...
Appeal to Authority, Appeal to Emotion, and Logic. These should not be new subjects, if they are then ya need to get busy.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#952212 Jul 23, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No stupid, there are white hispanics. Its not some "liberal" conspiracy that emerged on the heels of the Martin killing.
Here's a street scene in Argentina, notice all the white hispanics?
http://static3.demotix.com/sites/default/file...
Florida is not Argentina...dumaZZzzZZZ

Location hidden

#952213 Jul 23, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you place a >NUMBER< on intellect by reading someone's posts here?
Tell us your secret!
Really?

You can't determine the intelligence of a poster by their posts and the arguments they make?

I don't even know how to respond to that.

Location hidden

#952214 Jul 23, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'all can all gather in a corner and commiserate, lick each other's wounds so to speak.
Nobody can take that away from you.
what would you do for foodstamps?

Location hidden

#952215 Jul 23, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Appeal to Authority, Appeal to Emotion, and Logic. These should not be new subjects, if they are then ya need to get busy.
I love discussing rhetorical devices...

don't you?

better know your audience though...

Location hidden

#952216 Jul 23, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
You have any links that depict any Korean Hispanics?
Of course:

images.KoreanHispanics.com
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#952217 Jul 23, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhh, remember I worked for GE for 15 years.
Due to the prevalence for tattooing in the military prior to the current craze I've known a lot of managerial types with tattoos, especially in a Navy oriented industry such as this. Also, it is becoming so common its not viewed the same way you're viewing it. I know this'll come as a shock but times and attitudes change. I see tattoos and piercings all day long. BTW, the guy I mentioned doesn't work for the site, he works for us representing a major vendor to the site.
The GE gas turbine types are different.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#952218 Jul 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there were ice ages.
Stopping at 2006? Really Carol, are you really that dishonest.
the ten warmest years have been since 1998. 4 since 2006.
Top 3 decades since the 1890's? the last three.
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.ph...
From your own source:

"Scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies say 2012 was the ninth warmest year since 1880."

Ninth warmest year over a span of 133 years with a whopping temperature increase of 0.25 to 0.55 and the average global temperature increasing a little over 1 degree since 1880?

Really? This is it? The big scare?

Location hidden

#952219 Jul 23, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida is not Argentina...dumaZZzzZZZ
Really?

Are you that stupid.

Yes, obviously.

Location hidden

#952220 Jul 23, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
what would you do for foodstamps?
Uhhh, quit my career, develop a meth habit, move in with your sister.

What would you do?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#952221 Jul 23, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is running out for these idiots. Like it or not the USA is a multiracial country. We can only get stronger if we work together. Electing a Black president was a great opportunity to show everyone here and around the world that we were ready to move forward together. A small group of fanatics has done everything in their power to put their bigoted and selfish interests ahead of America and sabotage a united country.
Problem is, Obama is stuck in the segregation era.

Location hidden

#952222 Jul 23, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
I love discussing rhetorical devices...
don't you?
better know your audience though...
I do but those discussions usually die after the first post around here.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#952223 Jul 23, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect as usual DBWronger. As usual you do not understand the issue. As usual, since you don't understand the issue you just make sht up just like Carol.
Zimmerman was charged with 2nd degree murder with manslaughter added in as an afterthought. For him to be convicted the prosecutor had to prove that Zimmerman was not acting in self defense and for 2nd degree he had to prove malice of forethought.
The prosecution failed to prove their case so the verdict was the only correct one.
That doesn't prove Zimmerman was innocent and it doesn't prove a single thing about Martin.
As for your persistent retarded question:
Why don't you as Dick "deficits don't matter" Cheney which trees it grows on?
So, time to move on, noting that your analysis referred only to "self defense."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL 70,552
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Jacques Ottawa 180,541
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min Cali Girl 2014 51,230
Pierre de Coubertin And Emancipation Proclamation (Jun '12) 29 min fukuda 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Who 48,351
This guy is GOD to Piano Legs & the Malignant M... 3 hr YUPHesThe Devil 11
Fatal shooting in Humboldt Park 4 hr reality is a crotch 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr RACE 98,671
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:23 am PST

NBC Sports11:23AM
Soldier Field: Problem with clocks has been rectified
NBC Sports 1:11 PM
Spokesman says Soldier Field game clocks are fixed - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:04 PM
Can the Texans Steal the AFC South?
NBC Sports 2:10 PM
For Cutler, McCown was steadying force - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 5:01 PM
Will Mark Ingram's heavy workload stay level?