Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#952190 Jul 23, 2013
killtaker wrote:
When saving us with fwee insurance intersects with politics...
Liberals...
'Community organizers will use a Federal Data Hub to sign up people for subsidies and even ballots.'
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/354031/...
lol! I love the NRO.

It just shows to what lengths crazy right wingers will go to believe something that isn't there!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#952191 Jul 23, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
How does one 'prove' their intelligence on a blog?
Well... he certainly proves he refuses to be...

... on a regular, consistent basis.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#952192 Jul 23, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that 'splains everything, did ya have a pink slime burger tonight too? No wonder y'all have alzhimers
George Zimmerman is just as white as a half white obama...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#952193 Jul 23, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
'eman'
You and I know...
It is a question of their audience...
A deadbeat worthless group that is fed fwee stuff for votes...
You mean... as opposed to buying votes and politicians?

interesting....

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#952194 Jul 23, 2013
when I had to write an essay...

"A General Summary of Aristotle's Appeals ...
The goal of argumentative writing is to persuade your audience that your ideas are valid, or more valid than someone else's. The Greek philosopher Aristotle divided the means of persuasion, appeals, into three categories--Ethos, Pathos, Logos.

Ethos (Credibility), or ethical appeal, means convincing by the character of the author. We tend to believe people whom we respect. One of the central problems of argumentation is to project an impression to the reader that you are someone worth listening to, in other words making yourself as author into an authority on the subject of the paper, as well as someone who is likable and worthy of respect.

Pathos (Emotional) means persuading by appealing to the reader's emotions. We can look at texts ranging from classic essays to contemporary advertisements to see how pathos, emotional appeals, are used to persuade. Language choice affects the audience's emotional response, and emotional appeal can effectively be used to enhance an argument.

Logos (Logical) means persuading by the use of reasoning. This will be the most important technique we will study, and Aristotle's favorite. We'll look at deductive and inductive reasoning, and discuss what makes an effective, persuasive reason to back up your claims. Giving reasons is the heart of argumentation, and cannot be emphasized enough. We'll study the types of support you can use to substantiate your thesis, and look at some of the common logical fallacies, in order to avoid them in your writing."

http://courses.durhamtech.edu/perkins/aris.ht...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#952195 Jul 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Read about the confusion between white and hispanic and how liberals play with that confusion to change numbers around.
You should feel right at home around confusion:)
No stupid, there are white hispanics. Its not some "liberal" conspiracy that emerged on the heels of the Martin killing.

Here's a street scene in Argentina, notice all the white hispanics?

http://static3.demotix.com/sites/default/file...

Location hidden

#952196 Jul 23, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you can't manage it doesn't mean nobody else can.
How do you place a >NUMBER< on intellect by reading someone's posts here?

Tell us your secret!

Location hidden

#952197 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, that 'splains everything, did ya have a pink slime burger tonight too? No wonder y'all have alzhimers
Good point, didn't think of that.

Location hidden

#952198 Jul 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I love the NRO.
It just shows to what lengths crazy right wingers will go to believe something that isn't there!
what will you do for your foodstamps?

Location hidden

#952199 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Ha! Look whose talking! Yours left you and your spawn! GFY swine
Eman had a wife???

Was she female?

Wait, was she human?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#952200 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>
No, debil talked about women. The rightwingers are into homoerotic fantasy
Bill Maher Booed for Tasteless Zimmerman Joke on Letterman

Leftwinger Race Profiteer Jew Bill Maher profiting from the "negro's problems", Booed for Tasteless Zimmerman and Casey Anthony Jokes on CBS Late Show.

It's the culture..

Location hidden

#952201 Jul 23, 2013
once I had to write to sway my audience...

a long time ago and yesterday...

Aristotle...

"A General Summary of Aristotle's Appeals ...
The goal of argumentative writing is to persuade your audience that your ideas are valid, or more valid than someone else's. The Greek philosopher Aristotle divided the means of persuasion, appeals, into three categories--Ethos, Pathos, Logos.

Ethos (Credibility), or ethical appeal, means convincing by the character of the author. We tend to believe people whom we respect. One of the central problems of argumentation is to project an impression to the reader that you are someone worth listening to, in other words making yourself as author into an authority on the subject of the paper, as well as someone who is likable and worthy of respect.

Pathos (Emotional) means persuading by appealing to the reader's emotions. We can look at texts ranging from classic essays to contemporary advertisements to see how pathos, emotional appeals, are used to persuade. Language choice affects the audience's emotional response, and emotional appeal can effectively be used to enhance an argument.

Logos (Logical) means persuading by the use of reasoning. This will be the most important technique we will study, and Aristotle's favorite. We'll look at deductive and inductive reasoning, and discuss what makes an effective, persuasive reason to back up your claims. Giving reasons is the heart of argumentation, and cannot be emphasized enough. We'll study the types of support you can use to substantiate your thesis, and look at some of the common logical fallacies, in order to avoid them in your writing."

http://courses.durhamtech.edu/perkins/aris.ht...

Location hidden

#952202 Jul 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Then quit bitching. You are here by choice. Now go sit in the corner and shut up.
I know that's the Republican solution to everything but with all due respect, fck you, I've paid for and earned the right to bitch in this country.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#952203 Jul 23, 2013
Detzing is still lurking Fort Lauderdale, FL

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#952204 Jul 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> They certainly can choose not to buy.
"real dumb"
Is it not true if one refuses to purchase health care they will be fined?
Peace
KMA

Location hidden

#952205 Jul 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Detzingis a pompous circle jerk, a self-congratulatory discussion where little to no progress is made...
It's the culture...
Y'all can all gather in a corner and commiserate, lick each other's wounds so to speak.

Nobody can take that away from you.

Location hidden

#952206 Jul 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>George Zimmerman is just as white as a half white obama...
Floriduh's still struggling with shapes and colors, we were supposed to start the alphabet next week but I just don't think its ready.
EXPERT

Cottonwood, CA

#952207 Jul 23, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No stupid, there are white hispanics. Its not some "liberal" conspiracy that emerged on the heels of the Martin killing.
Here's a street scene in Argentina, notice all the white hispanics?
http://static3.demotix.com/sites/default/file...
You have any links that depict any Korean Hispanics?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#952209 Jul 23, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey numbnuts, are you gonna miss me I'll be leaving in the morning back to my home in the Jefferson National Forest for a few months. You nutcases will still be here when I return crying and whining as usual..No life righties are programmed for whining and bitching along with being fact deprived.
"poop"
Before you pitch your tent in hobo time, and lose your rehab center computer let us no when your bio/fantasy will be released. Is this the summer?
Peace
KMA

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#952210 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Ha! Look whose talking! Yours left you and your spawn! GFY swine
Ha! Look who's barking. I say skank he says lily. Lmao.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Learn to Read 182,146
laptop online shopping singapore 18 min Tan 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min Earthling-1 49,345
Triple Word Game (Dec '11) 32 min boundary painter 968
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 42 min boundary painter 1,536
Word (Dec '08) 45 min boundary painter 4,794
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 57 min JOEL 71,263
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance