Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277191 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#951968 Jul 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
It’s Time to Investigate Boehner, Issa, and the Republican Criminal Conspiracy
A conspiracy is an agreement to perform together, an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act, and according to legal statutes is a crime in and of itself. Beginning on Inauguration night in 2009, Republicans conspired to deliberately obstruct any and all attempts by new President, Barack Obama, to reverse the devastation of their economic malfeasance that led to the worst recession since the Great Depression, and whether or not it was an illegal act, it was certainly wrongful and subversive. Over the past four-and-a-half years, Republicans have systematically conspired to abrogate their duty as legislators, and between swearing oaths to violate Article 1, Section 8, of the U.S. Constitution, to fabricating false scandals to take down President Obama, or serving corporate interests, it is high time to demand an investigation into Republicans in Congress and take appropriate action to remove them from office.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/23/time-i...
They did the same thing to Clinton. That this is how they are if they don't get their way doesn't bode well for their future in election politics.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#951969 Jul 23, 2013
Okay, the whackadoodles are here.

Can't stand too much of this fun anyway.

Later.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#951970 Jul 23, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> No, I think that adult women are just as capable as any man is to make up their own minds about what to do with their own bodies.
usasince1680 said you have to get permission for a tatoo-odd you don't have to get permission for an abortion.
I don't want to be forced into handing my whole body over to O'bamacare health care I am never going to use. So you are saying I should be capable of taking care of myself? right. Why won't the liberals let me make up my own mind? answer me!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#951971 Jul 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The end result is that the projects will not happen because the debt service is too high.
So be it. If the people of a city are not willing to pony up the bucks for a project, that is their loss. Aren't you the one who keeps saying we have a spending problem? Letting the wealthy lend money and earn interest without paying taxes on those earnings is not fair taxation. Heck, traders trade and retrade the same bonds several times a week. I think it is high time we stopped this tomfoolery.
LCN Llin

United States

#951972 Jul 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be recurring topics on this forum. Sorry if my contributions have offended you in any way.
We find them amusing.
Peace
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#951973 Jul 23, 2013
MSNBC's James Peterson: Hannity, Limbaugh Are "Hustling The Residue Of Racism In This Nation"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/07/23/msnb...

Location hidden

#951974 Jul 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to go against those who I generally agree with on politics, but I have to go along with you on this.
The death of a young man who apparently was on the wrong path but could have turned his life around is a tragedy, not to be made the brunt of these senseless jokes.
No matter how wrong the other side is about Zimmerman and aren't looking to solve the real problems in the black community.
You can't see that the issues of white on black crime, black on white crime, white on white crime, or black on black crime are ALL separate issues?

Of course not, there's the water, drink it or don't.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#951976 Jul 23, 2013
It's almost 7 pm......

A kid just walked by my house....

A BLACK KID.

please hold while I call the police.

It's so suspicious!

Trayvon was dead by 7:15 pm.

LOCK UP PUDGY!

LOCK UP PUDGY!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#951977 Jul 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you helped elect the wrong guy again who cowers at the very mention of the leader's name of China's Communist Party, Xi Jinping.
Romney would have had him and them on the cowering end for a change.
But nooooooo! You wouldn't hear of electing a real leader.
Romney's companies outsourced most of their American jobs to the Chinese so if he had become President why would he have acted any differently to the Communist Chinese leaders in kissing their ass?

Location hidden

#951978 Jul 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Chattanooga. So, that's what came to mind...
Now I know where not to look. ;-)
Ironically, I've met someone here in CHA who is pretty sure she's sparred with Tenzing on here in the past.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#951979 Jul 23, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
They did the same thing to Clinton. That this is how they are if they don't get their way doesn't bode well for their future in election politics.
didn't work the first time around, so what does make them think it'll work this time?

and hell, they're running out of time if it's going to seemingly take years for the fake scandals to take hold with the majority/sane folks. carol keeps going on and on, but there's really no movement beyond the right wing nutjobs. well, other than the Dem congressmen carol keeps citing who want to know why progressive groups were targeted.

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#951980 Jul 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you admit to an Ice Age, there's no point in talking about being hopeless. It's you obviously.
The 25 warmest years on record were from 1921 to 2006 with temperatures averaging between a few degrees of each other.
The years 1998 and 1934 were almost tied.
Six were in the 1930s.
Two were in the 1950s.
One was in the 1940s.
Twelve were more than a decade ago.
http://weather.about.com/od/climatechange/a/H...
Of course there were ice ages.

Stopping at 2006? Really Carol, are you really that dishonest.

the ten warmest years have been since 1998. 4 since 2006.

Top 3 decades since the 1890's? the last three.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.ph...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#951981 Jul 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Later.
the wack just left. probably the heat.

Location hidden

#951982 Jul 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your brain speaks nonsense you mean.
It must be a new condition. Liberal dyslexia. You read one thing and interpret it to fit the brainwashing in your head.
Interesting.
Nope, pretty sure you've convicted Martin on here based on no facts whatsoever.

We know, the black guy is always guilty. Just like that Obama guy.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#951983 Jul 23, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Hey libturds. How's the Weener & Spitter doing.
Looks like the Weener is still up to his old ticks!
Baaawwaaahhhh!!!!
Libterds, go beat your Weener!
THREE TURDS IN A FOUNTAIN.....

One is you......the other 2?

carol!!!!

She stinks that bad.....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#951984 Jul 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. Thinking is not in your repertoire.
The searching for truth is not your motivation. Ever.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#951985 Jul 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, sonic, give it up.
Only 19 progressive groups were "so-called" targeted. Over 200 conservative groups were targeted.
The progressives didn't get anywhere near the same scrutiny and interrogation as conservatives.
It's just conservatives who are the enemies of this president, remember?
but the President didn't target them. Baucus did.

and it's funny how you like to act like it's such a big deal that Obama doesn't kiss conservative ass. did Bush kiss liberal ass? hell no. he just kissed a Saudi Prince.

Location hidden

#951986 Jul 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Plant guys are a different breed.
Go to a GE meeting in Schenectady and you won't see much of that.
Uhhh, remember I worked for GE for 15 years.

Due to the prevalence for tattooing in the military prior to the current craze I've known a lot of managerial types with tattoos, especially in a Navy oriented industry such as this. Also, it is becoming so common its not viewed the same way you're viewing it. I know this'll come as a shock but times and attitudes change. I see tattoos and piercings all day long. BTW, the guy I mentioned doesn't work for the site, he works for us representing a major vendor to the site.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#951987 Jul 23, 2013
Watchdog ‘Disturbed’ IRS Withheld New Documents Showing Progressive Groups May Have Been Targeted Too

Last month, the IRS provided documents to Congress that suggested some liberal and progressive groups may have been singled out for additional scrutiny as well — information that was not included in George’s May report. Some Democratic lawmakers said this was proof that George’s report was one-sided.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/watchdog-di...
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#951988 Jul 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Later.
carol only likes "fake judge it"

Ha ha ha ha ha!!

The real judge its drive her crazy!

WHAT A LOOOOOOON!! carol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctor disciplined for allegedly chastising Chi... (Jul '09) 1 hr thenose 160
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Joe Balls 196,955
News Arrests made after Two-Month burglary Spree in ... 2 hr fedupcracker 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Cheftell 70,160
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Ferrerman 100,649
Clare rios 5 hr Lol dumbaz 2
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 6 hr RACE 1,723
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages