Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,667)

Showing posts 873,321 - 873,340 of1,071,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Police have to detain them. I don't. I just have to put them in a condition where they aren't a threat to me anymore.
Ask Rodney King what happens when you don't do what the police tell you to do. ;-)
No son. Police have the discretion.

And as far as 'threatening' you, I'm sure you feel someone laughing in your vicinity constitutes such a condition.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing that Zimmerman might have said or not said would justify Trayvon's physical attack.
Nothing.
Wrong as usual, he could have easily shown Trayvon the weapon and then the stalker and provoker [Which was Zimmerman] would have avoided everything...I think he shot Trayvon after the fight .

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The numbers tell the story of a criminal justice system blighted by racial disparities in drug law enforcement: African-Americans make up around 12 percent of the U.S. population, account for 33.6 percent of drug arrests and 37 percent of state prison inmates serving time for drug offenses.
The figures come from Human Rights Watch, a New York-based watchdog which complains in its 2011 report about “overwhelming racial disparities” in drug incarcerations despite the fact that blacks and whites engage in drug offenses at equivalent rates. The Sentencing Project, an advocacy group which has tracked disparities in the criminal justice system for the past 25 years, says the black-white gap cannot be explained by disproportionate criminal behavior.
http://blogs.reuters.com/bernddebusmann/2011/...
However, I think your article made a very good point about our criminal justice system..."Once you are labeled a felon, the old forms of discrimination – employment discrimination, housing discrimination, denial of the right to vote, denial of educational opportunity, denial of food stamps and other public benefits, and exclusion from jury service are suddenly legal." THAT is what is wrong with our system of "justice" and THAT is what needs to change. IMO, once a person has served their time and is off probation or parole, their record should be expunged, automatically. How can we expect people to get a new lease on life and have and have a promising future if we continue to punish them for something they did in the past? It's just wrong.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Every parent/person would be wise to look at this crime and all crimes as if it pertained to you.
What if Trayvon was your son? Would you think he should be blamed for being murdered?
They don't get it, Lily, they just don't get it and apparently they never will. I realize from the way they carry on here that most have no concept of family or its values, but you'd think there would be an occasional one that could manage empathy or be capable of abstract thinking...I wish the sun would come out and improve my mood.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Is Al Sharpton president of the United States? Or just attorney general?
I ask because it’s not clear where the rabble-rousing rev’s agenda ends and White House policy begins. These days, they are one and the same.
President Obama erased the final distinction Friday by describing the Florida shooting case exclusively in racial terms. Obama’s headline-grabbing statement that “Trayvon Martin could have been me” and his attempt to justify black anger were straight out of Sharpton’s playbook.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/07/22/oba...
Well, we know Limbaugh is in charge of the republican party! After all, Michael Steele apologized to him!
NJ raider 1

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be hard to find enough people to fill a big room who didn't feel for this family.
But the same room was empty when a white woman's baby was shot in the face by a black teen. Hardly anyone knew about it.
See the problem a lot of us are having with the hypocrisy - and our dilemma? Of course, we feel sorry for the family. But why just this case?
And why the lies by the liberal media, i.e. this administration, to perpetrate a racial divide that didn't even exist?
Because there's a much bigger problem afoot. Manipulation and control.
Don't sit here & try & make the case that, because the person was white, nobody care. Like you just stated, nobody knew besides the locals. Now if you have a problem & need back up or support for your cause, you may be surprised to find out that, most of not all " liberals" on this thread will lend support. After all, injustice is injustice. But you're so much of a hypocrite & republican, to save face with your party, you're lying & ignoring simple facts in the Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman case , just to walk lock & step with your party. Pushing racial divide works both ways, don't it? So it really wouldn't matter that the roles are reversed, black killing white or, white killing black. So tell me again why the media didn't cover the black robbers killing the white baby &, why they chose to cover the Martin-Zimmerman case. It wouldn't be the fact that, because his best friend was an ex office, Zimmerman wasn't arrested first & asked questions later or, the fact that everyone know had the roles in the shooting been reversed, Trayvon would've been arrested first &, asked questions later. Not to mention, the case you're talking about, the guys were already arrested & jailed!
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Wisconsin's bill :-)

Republican ideas on Rape

Mourdock "I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen,"
-
Missouri Senate candidate
Rep. Todd Akin said in August that women's bodies have ways of preventing pregnancy in cases of what he called "legitimate rape."

Republican ideas on food stamp for poor people?
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>They don't get it, Lily, they just don't get it and apparently they never will. I realize from the way they carry on here that most have no concept of family or its values, but you'd think there would be an occasional one that could manage empathy or be capable of abstract thinking...I wish the sun would come out and improve my mood.
They get it.
Republicans hate the 47%.

Republicans opposed Social Security 1935
Republicans opposed Medicare 1965
We are still in the Republican depression of Oct 2008.
Republicans oppose Obamacare Now
Republicans oppose immigration reform.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
What's up gang?
One man dead and another injured after gunfire erupts in Brooklyn
An 18-year-old man was killed after being shot twice in the chest and a 16-year-old was wounded by a shot to the leg when a gunman ambushed them on Miller Ave. in East New York.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/...

the above only matters to Obammy and his BFF Sharpton if
the above were shot by WHITE Hispanics while on a neighborhood watch patrol OR police officers. otherwise, no protests, no presidential speeches, just another day like all days in the 'hood.

but, but, but... if Obammy had a son he could have looked like the 18 year old
or it could have BEEN Obammy.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
However, I think your article made a very good point about our criminal justice system..."Once you are labeled a felon, the old forms of discrimination – employment discrimination, housing discrimination, denial of the right to vote, denial of educational opportunity, denial of food stamps and other public benefits, and exclusion from jury service are suddenly legal." THAT is what is wrong with our system of "justice" and THAT is what needs to change. IMO, once a person has served their time and is off probation or parole, their record should be expunged, automatically. How can we expect people to get a new lease on life and have and have a promising future if we continue to punish them for something they did in the past? It's just wrong.
Absolutely agree with you.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

hear = here
to = too
Eman = Batty in drag
Debjinn = < 0
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>They don't get it, Lily, they just don't get it and apparently they never will. I realize from the way they carry on here that most have no concept of family or its values, but you'd think there would be an occasional one that could manage empathy or be capable of abstract thinking...I wish the sun would come out and improve my mood.
The rain finally has stopped here after a week of it!

"everyone screams for justice until it affects a loved one, then they cry for mercy"

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney would have at least tried. Tax reform was one of his campaign's platforms.
Way to go. Now we'll never know if he would have succeeded.
Senate Democrats would have pitched a fit but you liberals made sure they kept their seats warm too.
We still have Obamacare which is even freaking out the unions, and we still have no tax reform, no Medicaid reform and no Social Security reform. Even though the Democrats know the latter two are not sustainable on their present course. But doing something to change all three could cost them votes.
Again, way to go.
Bull. All Romney ever did was tout tax relief for business and the top wage earners. He proposed reducing the lowest tax rate by 2% and the top two rates by 7% along with eliminating taxes altogether on interest, dividends and capital gains. Only a Con would think that was "fair".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> so let's see if I have this right, as a black person you are entitled to be racist against white people because a hispanic person shot a black person in self defense. Wow...
Of course not, Sam. You are only entitled to be racist against black people because one shot a white baby during the commission of a robbery. Ask Batty...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>But frightened kids who are about to become murder victims do...that's the point we were trying to make. Zimmerman got caught telling so many lies that the only way you could believe him is if you're a totally mindless bigot.(Did you know he had been fired from his job as a bouncer for being to violent with the customers? Yeah, Georgy Pudgy was just too, too weak to take a punch from a 5'11", 158 pound, barely seventeen-year-old. I'd lol if it weren't so tragic.)
How did Trayvon know he was about to become a murder victim? Because a concerned neighbor was keeping an eye on his neighborhood? Trayvon didn't even know Zimmerman had a gun.

Perhaps if he did, he would have kept walking.

Zimmerman could have pulled the gun as soon as he saw Trayvon - before his nose was fractured and he was being straddled on the ground. And long before he kept repeatedly screaming for help.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be hard to find enough people to fill a big room who didn't feel for this family.
But the same room was empty when a white woman's baby was shot in the face by a black teen. Hardly anyone knew about it.
See the problem a lot of us are having with the hypocrisy - and our dilemma? Of course, we feel sorry for the family. But why just this case?
And why the lies by the liberal media, i.e. this administration, to perpetrate a racial divide that didn't even exist?
Because there's a much bigger problem afoot. Manipulation and control.
You're a liar. Everyone heard about that murder and they were caught the next day, arrested and charged with first degree murder.
The baby was not racially profiled; those kids were thieves and killers and no one condones that.They will not be found not guilty and be free to kill again.

To say such a heinous thing is flat out bullshyt that was propagated by Dana Perino to fuel white supremacist thinking.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull. All Romney ever did was tout tax relief for business and the top wage earners. He proposed reducing the lowest tax rate by 2% and the top two rates by 7% along with eliminating taxes altogether on interest, dividends and capital gains. Only a Con would think that was "fair".
lol! It's the same things with their idea of healthcare reform.

All they really wanted to cover was tort reform... ie protection!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>
One man dead and another injured after gunfire erupts in Brooklyn
An 18-year-old man was killed after being shot twice in the chest and a 16-year-old was wounded by a shot to the leg when a gunman ambushed them on Miller Ave. in East New York.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/...
the above only matters to Obammy and his BFF Sharpton if
the above were shot by WHITE Hispanics while on a neighborhood watch patrol OR police officers. otherwise, no protests, no presidential speeches, just another day like all days in the 'hood.
but, but, but... if Obammy had a son he could have looked like the 18 year old
or it could have BEEN Obammy.
You're an idiot jane. Stay on topic.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
Leosnotta and her well worn Hypocritical Badge of Dishonor...the party responsible for the demise of the family, especially the black family is YOUR party. values such as patriotism and faith have been put down by liberal Democrats since the 1970s...you know as in "clinging to guns and religions..."

the lib campaign has been to 'prop up its spending schemes of redistribution amongst the less or non-productive population.'

Marriage was devalued, until it became politically correct to want gays to marry, then all of a sudden it became important--otherwise libs have been on an attack against it culturally.

Traditional marriage 'very efficiently captures the voluntary investment of men in society, both financial through their labors, and socio-cultural through their investment in the well-being of their wives and particularly their children.

Without marriage, all the State has is force: taxation and what I call "Chilimony", or child support-cum-alimony. Two guesses as to which one has higher yields, and the first one doesn't count.

The coerced transfer of wealth from the Average Joe to women and the looting classes can only last so long when Joe is given very little reason to use his excess labor to produce that wealth in the first place.'

http://ozconservative.blogspot.com/2011/03/li...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
How did Trayvon know he was about to become a murder victim? Because a concerned neighbor was keeping an eye on his neighborhood? Trayvon didn't even know Zimmerman had a gun.
Perhaps if he did, he would have kept walking.
Zimmerman could have pulled the gun as soon as he saw Trayvon - before his nose was fractured and he was being straddled on the ground. And long before he kept repeatedly screaming for help.
I thought you were going to move on son?

No? Changed your mind?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 873,321 - 873,340 of1,071,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min LRS 173,573
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Stuart Cudahy 45,444
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min cheluzal 97,432
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 35 min andet1987 388
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 1 hr hands on AR 1,756
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 2 hr hands on AR 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr george 3,812
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••