Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#950754 Jul 22, 2013
tell_it_like_it_IS wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the same EVIL RACIST BANK you Liberals spend all damn day vilifying?
Get it right butt sack....

but i didn't get it wrong.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#950755 Jul 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Shouldn't a woman make an informed decision before making a life-changing decision and going through with an abortion?
Even if some think abortion is not killing a life - just in case it is?
Who would have a problem with that? Seriously. And, if so, why?
Republicans do have a problem with it. They don't think women can be trusted to make up their own mind on abortion or not. The GOP thinks men have to make that decision for women.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#950756 Jul 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to move on when crazy people keep holding you hostage.
Sooo the voices are getting louder????

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#950757 Jul 22, 2013
"“The attorney general of the United States is engaged in a shocking extrajudicial publicity campaign. Eric Holder is prosecuting George Zimmerman in the court of public opinion because he knows he wouldn’t have a prayer of convicting him in a court of law. Worse, in doing so, Holder is quite deliberately stoking resentment and tension — under the guise of leading a ‘national conversation’ about race,” McCarthy writes.“At precisely the same time, the United States secretary of health and human services has loathsomely injected race into the debate over Obamacare. Toward the conclusion of this week’s NAACP grievance fest, Kathleen Sebelius took the podium to demagogue Obamacare opponents. The fight against them, she inveighed, is reminiscent of “the fight against lynching and the fight for desegregation.”She made these inflammatory remarks just as violence was erupting over Zimmerman’s acquittal in the Trayvon Martin shooting, no small thanks to Holder’s accomplice, Al Sharpton"

Never let a crisis go to waste.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#950758 Jul 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to move on when crazy people keep holding you hostage.
When you lock yourself there of your own free will, it's understandable.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#950759 Jul 22, 2013
Eman wrote:
"(ABC NEWS)-- George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue someone who was trapped in an overturned truck, police said today.Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told ABC News that Zimmerman "pulled an individual from a truck that had rolled over" at the intersection of a Florida highway last week. Florida Highway Patrol is now handling the case, McAuliffe said"
'Then, when George Zimmerman noticed that the victim was wearing a hoodie ,he shot him on suspician that the truck may have been stolen .'
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#950760 Jul 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
How did Trayvon know he was about to become a murder victim? Because a concerned neighbor was keeping an eye on his neighborhood? Trayvon didn't even know Zimmerman had a gun.
Perhaps if he did, he would have kept walking.
Zimmerman could have pulled the gun as soon as he saw Trayvon - before his nose was fractured and he was being straddled on the ground. And long before he kept repeatedly screaming for help.
You're a fkn idiot, Zimmerman told police that he was reaching into his coat pocket when the stranger punched him. Trayvon is from a part of the state that is all too familiar with violence and would likely not wait to see what George pulled from his pocket.

Martin was being followed for nearly a quarter mile by "someone" in a $30K plus pick up truck and had no reason to suspect that the guy driving was not armed. For all Martin knew the guy could have been a cop or an authentic security guard, but the guy never made any attempt to communicate waiting for Martin, the stranger, to speak first.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#950761 Jul 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You claim to be military right son?
Besides, even police jump on 'defenseless' people if they don't follow lawful orders.
Most cops don't have a clue what a "lawful order" is.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#950762 Jul 22, 2013
Civil rights demonstrators have argued Zimmerman should not have prejudged Martin, but one black neighbor of the Zimmermans said recent history should be taken into account.

“Let’s talk about the elephant in the room. I’m black, OK?” the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes.“There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood,” she said.“That’s why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin.”

http://classicalvalues.com/2012/04/zimmerman-...

Someone named Sarah responded to this:

"I used to be an Obama narrative, and then I took an arrow to the knee.

"Honestly, it’s not just that this is the most dishonest and divisive administration EVER. It’s that it seems to be composed entirely of twelve year old kids. They start these 'narratives' with no other end in sight than getting elected, and they do it — yes, I have to say it — STUPIDLY. So they backfire. The thought that these idiots are handling foreign policy probably by 'meme' and 'what I learned in elementary school' has me waking up in the night in cold sweats.

"Mr. President, your dog is cooked."

...I agree wholeheartedly with Sarah.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#950763 Jul 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
George's younger brother said "he changed that night and hasn't been the same since".
And he most certainly did express remorse in an interview after being charged.
You just don't want to know the truth. Good little liberals never do.
George doesn't have a younger brother.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#950764 Jul 22, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>'Then, when George Zimmerman noticed that the victim was wearing a hoodie ,he shot him on suspician that the truck may have been stolen .'
The scary part about your post is you really believe that's what happened.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#950765 Jul 22, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Boehner may be replaced by the Teabaggers?
Boehner will/should be replaced if he agrees to an immigration bill that places amnesty ahead of proven border security.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#950766 Jul 22, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo the voices are getting louder????
You mean the voices of easily manipulated Americans? Yes, unfortunately, they are.

Which is what concerns the rest of us.
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

#950767 Jul 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
but i didn't get it wrong.
Thats a huge pile of stanky grey areA you just stepped in...
hate r moneys millions while defending a banks billions,!!!!!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#950769 Jul 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most cops don't have a clue what a "lawful order" is.
What's your point?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#950770 Jul 22, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, as long as the individual tax rates are lowered right along with the corporate tax rate.
Absolutely.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#950771 Jul 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone protecting their neighborhood doesn't deserve to get the snot beat out of them for doing so either and then screaming for help long enough for seven neighbors to call 911 to send help.
Especially when the neighborhood has a high crime rate for robberies and Trayvon fit the profile of the perpetrators.
It was a tragedy. A tragedy of misunderstandings. But misunderstandings can be resolved without resorting to violence.
Zimmerman is the only one who had physical injuries.
Second lowest crime in Sanford city limits. The teen who had committed a few of the burglaries had already been arrested.

How many burglaries had there been since October 2011 when the watch program began?
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

#950772 Jul 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Empire had become too big to control.
The Roman population declined after people began fleeing with invasions and, also, the military became weaker and weaker.
There was a particularly long period of financial crisis which led to a slow collapse of the economy.
A general incompetence of emperors and failure of traditional politics led to a corrupt political structure and an oppressive burden of taxation. This, in turn, led to inflation and debasing of Roman currency which bred apathy and angst that caused many Romans to flee politics and later the "city-states" of the Empire, the urban foundation on which rested most of ancient life.
http://www.usu.edu/markdamen/1320Hist&Civ...
Aside from invasions, the comparisons sound very similar to me.
Well Carol, I noticed you dropped the "moral decay" argument since the article you cited totally debunks that myth. Yes area wise Rome became too big to control. Military occupation is an expensive affair. Just look at Iraq and Afghanistan. That has nothing to do with the size of our government. Contrary to your inane comparison we don't have oppressive taxes Carol, for most citizens we're paying the same rates as under Bush and those making over $400,000 are paying what they did under Clinton. We don't have any rampant inflation and our currency is in no way debased. So there are no parallels to your examples. There are however parallels in the widening inequality where a relative few control most of the country's wealth and the rest of us scramble for the crumbs. Rome also let their infrastructure deteriorate as the Republicans are willing to do.
You also didn't address the whole first part of my post where I showed how ignorant you are as to the difference between the debt and deficit and your bald faced lies about the private sector shrinking and the public sector growing.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#950773 Jul 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Civil rights demonstrators have argued Zimmerman should not have prejudged Martin, but one black neighbor of the Zimmermans said recent history should be taken into account.
“Let’s talk about the elephant in the room. I’m black, OK?” the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes.“There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood,” she said.“That’s why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin.”
http://classicalvalues.com/2012/04/zimmerman-...
Someone named Sarah responded to this:
"I used to be an Obama narrative, and then I took an arrow to the knee.
"Honestly, it’s not just that this is the most dishonest and divisive administration EVER. It’s that it seems to be composed entirely of twelve year old kids. They start these 'narratives' with no other end in sight than getting elected, and they do it — yes, I have to say it — STUPIDLY. So they backfire. The thought that these idiots are handling foreign policy probably by 'meme' and 'what I learned in elementary school' has me waking up in the night in cold sweats.
"Mr. President, your dog is cooked."
...I agree wholeheartedly with Sarah.
So... she's saying Martin was racially profiled and it was acceptable.

What's your point son?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#950775 Jul 22, 2013
Eman wrote:
"(ABC NEWS)-- George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue someone who was trapped in an overturned truck, police said today.Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told ABC News that Zimmerman "pulled an individual from a truck that had rolled over" at the intersection of a Florida highway last week. Florida Highway Patrol is now handling the case, McAuliffe said"
It's going to take a lot more than that to make up for killing someone. Was it a busload of orphans?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min Cold Front 69,287
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Jacques Ottawa 185,798
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min OzRitz 52,223
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 99,300
Amy 3-26 2 hr Mister Tonka 16
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Almost amish 71,696
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr CDC 51,840
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]