Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#950602 Jul 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion mentioned in the Constitution?
Homosexual marriage mentioned in the Constitution?
Slavery was, but the Founding "Fathers" maybe minded their own business about personal decisions.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#950603 Jul 22, 2013
Virginia Republican gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli has raised less than half as much cash as Democratic opponent Terry McAuliffe, with a prominent list of Republican donors sitting out this year’s most competitive U.S. political contest -- and in some cases switching sides.

The financial disadvantage four months before the election illustrates the difficulties confronting an attorney general who is campaigning on an economic growth plan yet is best known for his opposition to gay marriage and abortion.

“Mr. Cuccinelli’s very hard stance on some of the social issues is a concern for me,” said Virginia Beach developer Bruce L. Thompson, chief executive officer of Gold Key/PHR Hotels and Resorts, a financial backer of current Republican Governor Bob McDonnell who in May gave McAuliffe $25,000.

“I believe personally in a woman’s right to choose, but I also think from an economic development standpoint, we’re trying to attract businesses from other areas of the country, and we’re telling women that we’re going to regulate the way that they run their life? I just don’t think we can be exclusionary when it comes to women” and gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered individuals, Thompson said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-22/virg...

i love it...

"I also think from an economic development standpoint, we’re trying to attract businesses from other areas of the country, and we’re telling women that we’re going to regulate the way that they run their life?"
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#950604 Jul 22, 2013
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) called on lawmakers across the country, including in his home state of Arizona, to review the Stand Your Ground law that allowed George Zimmerman to walk free in the days after he killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin and conceded that the country still has “a long way to go” towards achieving full equality for African Americans.

The senator also praised the remarks Obama delivered about the Zimmerman case on Friday, calling them “very impressive” and pledging to meet with more African American and Hispanic groups in Arizona.“I need Americans to talk to their friends and neighbors, not just those on their block or in their circle of friends,” he said. Watch it:

Noting that the city of Detroit, home to many African Americans, just filed for bankruptcy, McCain said that Americans “cannot be complacent in our society when we still have a dramatic disparity between black youth unemployment and non-black youth unemployment when we still have these contradictions in our society.” He also called on lawmakers to “continue and emphasize affirmative action programs.”

“If you can salvage anything about this national …. clash of ideas, of thoughts about this Trayvon Martin case, it is that we’ve still got a long way to go, and I think the president very appropriately highlighted a lot of that yesterday, as only a president of the United States can,” he said.
http://thinkprogress.org/

Nice!

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#950605 Jul 22, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if he hadn't opted to jump for the pound and ground so quickly....
But somehow, it seems for some reason, had the kid been told "neighborhood watch", it wouldn't have mattered.
Of course it would matter.

If Zimmerman said he was with Neighborhood Watch, Martin would say he was on his way to where his father was staying.

End of story.

Zimmerman was supposed to know better.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#950606 Jul 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing that Zimmerman might have said or not said would justify Trayvon's physical attack.
Nothing.
How do you know? You were there? The victim is dead. Killer is free. If you murdered someone and there were no witnesses, you'd say anything to save your ass.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#950607 Jul 22, 2013
In an emotional interview on CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360, Trayvon Martin’s stepmother shattered her silence to discuss her absence in the courtroom and the toll her stepson’s death is having on her. Alicia Stanley and Tracy Martin, the deceased teen’s father, were engaged at the time of Trayvon’s death.

Though she claims no ill-will toward Sybrina Fulton – Trayon’s biological mother – saying “I want her to know that I never tried to take her place,” Stanley said she’s been raising Martin since he was three.

Stanley alleges Trayvon spent 90 percent of his time at the house she shared with Tracey, adding,“I’m the one at all the football games; I’m the one who took care of him when he was sick.” Her role shifted when Trayvon died. Stanley claims she wasn’t allowed to sit in the front row at her stepson’s funeral and has since been shunned by the man she planned to marry.

“They told me to ‘get in where I fit in,” Stanley said with tears in her eyes.“I can’t sit on the front row at my son’s funeral to see him home. That hurt me, that was the most painful thing they could do to me.”
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#950608 Jul 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
The first thing Zimmerman said after the shooting is "I screamed for help but no one came." When he was told his screaming was caught on a neighbor's cellphone, he said, "Thank God!"
If his intent was to murder Trayvon, why scream for help? Especially when Zimmerman had no way of knowing it would be heard in the background of a neighbor's cellphone? In fact, numerous neighbors called 911 because "someone is screaming for help."
The liberal media manipulates the easily manipulated to further this administration's liberal politics far too easily. That's why.
Not once, not once, has Zimmerman expressed any remorse for committing murder. That guy is a menace to society and the jury let a killer go free.
He will never have a peaceful life, no matter how many yahoos buy him a gun. He's a murderer. He has destroyed two families by his careless and wreckless behavior.
Karma will fix him.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#950609 Jul 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Vaginal probe" was coined by Rachael Maddow to describe a sonogram. She got blasted for not knowing the difference - or intentionally trying to mislead.
Leave it to the liberal media to succeed in brainwashing their loyal minions.
Your "nurses'" training again, Liar? A sonogram performed before five weeks required a transvaginal uterine device to to detect the gestational sac's presence and some states were going to REQUIRE them at patients' expense. Of course, you're the one who cleaned out vacuum devices and claimed found perfectly formed little humans at six weeks...LIAR!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#950610 Jul 22, 2013
MSNBC's Harris-Perry Criticizes "Professional Troll" Sean Hannity For His Reaction To Obama's Comments On Race

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/07/21/msnb...

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#950611 Jul 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing that Zimmerman might have said or not said would justify Trayvon's physical attack.
Nothing.
Since we do not know what he said, how do you know.

We do know this, identifying himself as Neighborhood watch would have led top no confrontation & an aliveMartin today.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#950612 Jul 22, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
None so blind as those who will not see?
Yeah, I find most break ins and burglaries occur at 7pm?

Hmmmmmmm?

WTF!

when everyone is home about to have dinner.

Yeah!!

Break in central: 7pm

He's black!! Stalk!! Attack! Shoot! Kill!

GET AWAY WITH IT?

ONLY IN FLORIDA! USA?

7 pm

7 pm

7 pm!!

FEDERAL CHARGES NOW!

LOCK UP ZIMMERMAN.
LCN Llin

United States

#950613 Jul 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) called on lawmakers across the country, including in his home state of Arizona, to review the Stand Your Ground law that allowed George Zimmerman to walk free in the days after he killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin and conceded that the country still has “a long way to go” towards achieving full equality for African Americans.
The senator also praised the remarks Obama delivered about the Zimmerman case on Friday, calling them “very impressive” and pledging to meet with more African American and Hispanic groups in Arizona.“I need Americans to talk to their friends and neighbors, not just those on their block or in their circle of friends,” he said. Watch it:
Noting that the city of Detroit, home to many African Americans, just filed for bankruptcy, McCain said that Americans “cannot be complacent in our society when we still have a dramatic disparity between black youth unemployment and non-black youth unemployment when we still have these contradictions in our society.” He also called on lawmakers to “continue and emphasize affirmative action programs.”
“If you can salvage anything about this national …. clash of ideas, of thoughts about this Trayvon Martin case, it is that we’ve still got a long way to go, and I think the president very appropriately highlighted a lot of that yesterday, as only a president of the United States can,” he said.
http://thinkprogress.org/
Nice!
The republicans seem split.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#950614 Jul 22, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
Except for a giant gun shot in the heart!
You clueless looooooon.
Racial profiling at 7 pm.
7 pm
7 pm
7 pm!!!!!
"Go get a loaf of bread son"
7 pm.
"Your son is shot dead"
7 pm!
<quoted text>
Only the easily manipulated can't reason profiling is just using common sense.

If Middle Eastern men are primarily terrorists, you politically correct liberal loons think patting down a toddler or grandma is better than just looking out for suspicious Middle Easterners.

Like profiling robbers. If black men are primarily responsible for a host of robberies in any given neighborhood, you politically correct liberal loons think profiling another black man who is "acting strangely" is just, well, KR-AAA-ZY!

You DO know Eric Holder is dropping his civil lawsuit against Zimmerman because his own FBI investigation couldn't turn up one shred of evidence Zimmerman was a racist.

In fact, Zimmerman has a history of doing a lot of good things for blacks.

So there goes your politically correct liberal brainwashing right out the window.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#950615 Jul 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. They have a rather incestuous relationship between business and government.
Witness Fukushima......
I really get tired of these morons claiming that "United States has THE highest corporate tax rate in the developed world." It's so misleading.

The bottom line is....despite our top marginal corporate tax rate of 35 percent the "effective corporate income tax rate in the U.S., a measure of the taxes a company pays as a percentage of its profit, averaged 27.7 percent from 2006 to 2009. That's very close to the average rate of countries in the Organization For Economic Cooperation during the same period -- 27.2 percent once weighted by GDP -- according to the EPI.

If these loons want a lower corporate tax rate, then they must be willing to do away with the tax credits, loop holes and "legitimate" write-offs used by corporations to reduce their tax liability. Simple as that....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/05/corp...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#950616 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
How do you know? You were there? The victim is dead. Killer is free. If you murdered someone and there were no witnesses, you'd say anything to save your ass.
Repeating for the reading challenged:

Nothing.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#950617 Jul 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
1) There was effective oversight over the RA program.
2) Bush lied to Congress concerning the Iraq threat & nuclear weapons
3)How did the Democrats do any of that crap when they controlled no committees & were in the minority in Congress.
4) Two years after the Democrats took the house would have been January of 2009, dumbass. The housing had already collapsed, we were already in the midst of the Great Recession, and the near financial meltdown announced 6 months earlier.
Just how GD stupid are you?
"1) There was effective oversight over the RA program."
And that explains how the testimony of the Director of OFHEO in 2003 about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac keeping fraudulent books to hide the CRA failure was heeded; and how the Democrats' Marxist CRA program collapsed the eocnomy after two years of oversight by Democrats.

"2) Bush lied to Congress concerning the Iraq threat & nuclear weapons"
Where did Valerie Plame say they were?
And, because Congress has access to the same intelligence, it must have been quite a conspiracy to get the Democrats to support the war in Iraq, right? You're not one of those conspiracy nuts, are you? Perhaps there was a conspiracy where the Republicans would give no effective oversight of the Democrats' CRA program to the Democrats in exchange for the Democrats supporting the war in Iraq.

"3)How did the Democrats do any of that crap when they controlled no committees & were in the minority in Congress."
(see above, conspiracy nut)

"4) Two years after the Democrats took the house would have been January of 2009, dumbass."
Ok. One year, 8 months,dumbass.

The Democrats' Marxist subprime CRA program collapsed the economy after one year and eight months of oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#950618 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Not once, not once, has Zimmerman expressed any remorse for committing murder. That guy is a menace to society and the jury let a killer go free.
He will never have a peaceful life, no matter how many yahoos buy him a gun. He's a murderer. He has destroyed two families by his careless and wreckless behavior.
Karma will fix him.
George's younger brother said "he changed that night and hasn't been the same since".

And he most certainly did express remorse in an interview after being charged.

You just don't want to know the truth. Good little liberals never do.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#950619 Jul 22, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Vaginal probes mentioned in Constitution?
Benjamin Franklin suggested it, but John Adams wouldn't allow vaginas to be mentioned in the Constitution.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#950620 Jul 22, 2013
If you can't get anything done, try and change the measure of success:

House Speaker John Boehner says Congress "ought to be judged on how many laws we repeal."
The Ohio Republican makes the comments on an interview aired Sunday on CBS "Face the Nation." He was responding to a question about how little Congress is doing these days.

Boehner says Congress "should not be judged by how many new laws we create."
After 39 failed attempts (!) to repeal Obamacare, it looks like Boehner sucks at repealing laws too.
Maybe his metric for success should be "most unpopular Congress ever," because if that's the measure, he'd be an unqualified success.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#950621 Jul 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating for the reading challenged:
Nothing.
I disagree; Trayvon was threatened by Zimmermans pursuit. If anyone had a stand your ground case, it was the victim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holiday Greetings 11 min Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Fight at Navy Pier 28 min Negras all 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dale 182,176
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Mandela 71,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Religionthebiglie 51,304
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr positronium 49,362
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 4 hr Tim 146
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?