Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,632)

Showing posts 872,621 - 872,640 of1,077,616
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Tonto 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Pope Swedish?
lol! He could be!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Tonto 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah? Let's see you go shower at the Air Force Academy, sweetcheeks.
You can look the whole world over
and sail the seven seas
but you'll never find any better buggery
than at the Air Force Acad-e-my!
Coward
I yield to your expertise on this subject, but undun Chaplains? No way, Jose.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The great sadness here today is that American culture shows The Crips crashing a Christmas Play in Middle America and someone forgot to hire Security for the night.
Something is bound to happen and it won't be a Silent Night.
It's not the first time for such, it probably won't be the last one either.
Really it's kind of just more political "backwardness of 50 years" by wish- they were- like- Martin Luther Kings types.
(Except they ought to be listening and trying to implement what King was REALLY saying).

From a nicely presented article:

Americans who marched on Washington 50 years ago under a blazing sun recall the day they were part of a turning point in history..

Interviews by Michael A. Fletcher
Photographs by Stanley Tretick
Designed in scroll kit
Videos by Ryan R. Reed

Ken Howard, a D.C. student working a summer job at the post office before entering Howard University in the fall, took a bus downtown to join a massive gathering on the National Mall.“The crowd was just enormous,” he recalls.“Kind of like the feeling you get when a thunderstorm is coming and you know it is going to really happen. There was an expectation and excitement that this march finally would make a difference.”

Only a few months before, in that electric atmosphere of anticipation, 32-year-old singer-songwriter Sam Cooke composed “A Change Is Gonna Come,” the song that would become the anthem of the civil rights movement.

The potent symbolism of a demonstration at the Lincoln Memorial—timed to coincide with the centenary of the Emancipation Proclamation and following President John F. Kennedy’s announcement in June that he would submit a civil rights bill to Congress—transfixed the nation. The March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom also catapulted 34-year-old Martin Luther King Jr., who set aside prepared notes to declare “I Have a Dream,” into the realm of transcendent American orators....

"An Oral History of the March on Washington" Smithsonian. July/August 2013. Web. Last Retrieved 7/20/2013.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

"Even civil rights leaders profile.“There is nothing more painful for me at this stage in my life,” Jesse Jackson said several years ago,“than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery—and then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.” Jackson now says his quotation was “taken out of context.” The context, he said, is that violence is the inevitable byproduct of poor education and health care. But no amount of “context” matters when you fear that you are about to be mugged."

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like Realbrother.
Black mother, white father, dude be white.
OMG you remember that racist. What a loon a tic. He has his own radio show.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Tonto 2 wrote:
Tonto take carol into back of hogan and have his wily way with her. "Oh, Tonto, Oh, Tonto," she scream but this wakes up rest of camp and Tonto forced to scalp her to shut her up. Hair thin, tricky job on dark night. Indian prevail. Then he lose scalp in card game. No justice.
Well you stanky, bitchmade, diaper-wearin, dribblin prairienggr!! I gave you an order a couple hours ago, and you've gotten nothing done besides spunk your uncircumcised rhondo into your hand. I'm afraid I'm going to have to fck you up now.

NO MORE FIREWATER FOR A WEEK....:-)
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>OMG you remember that racist. What a loon a tic. He has his own radio show.
I have it from a reliable source Realbrother lives in a teepee with Tonto2 as man & wife. No idea which is which........
proud2bwhite

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/201 3/07/20/the-world-is-aghast-ov er-trayvon-martin-the-u-s-need s-to-look-at-itself/
The world is aghast over Trayvon Martin. The U.S. needs to look at itself
Only protest from the public ensured that Zimmerman was tried for killing Martin at all. Only protest from the public has ensured that this killing has been seen through the prism of race. Yet to an outsider, it is obvious that Martin died because he was black, and that Zimmerman walked free after killing him for the same reason.
he was tried to quiet the racist mob that was leed to believe zimmerman was white, the case never went b4 a grand jury because there was no evidence to support an indictment and he was proven not guilty in a court of law . Zimmerman was not released because he was white , if you look at him you may notice he is not white.. if travon was white this would have never hit the news..

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Obama underestimated the underhandedness of business owners. The amazing thing is that these neglectful, selfish business owners only represent about 10% of businesses. I would have expected the number to be much higher.
Your identical sister, Helen Thomas, died today--may she burn in hell. Thomas is to be buried in Detroit-same as hell. LOL. All Arabs who hate Jews end up in one place or another.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Does Tonto remind you of someone from the past?
IT's her lover the Debil. You know the one you caught her making out with and then had the heart attack and had to get the pace maker. LOL--old fools without a heart stick it to each other.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> he was tried to quiet the racist mob that was leed to believe zimmerman was white, the case never went b4 a grand jury because there was no evidence to support an indictment and he was proven not guilty in a court of law . Zimmerman was not released because he was white , if you look at him you may notice he is not white.. if travon was white this would have never hit the news..
Hey y'all....

He be white,

And stupid as shtttt!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaaa!!!

LOL

LOL

LOL

Just lock that pudgy fffcckkk up!

Fed charges....

LOCK UP PUDGY!

LOCK UP PUDGY

LOCK UP PERRY?

40 Years for both.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

This month, the Senate will consider whether or not to reconfirm Fred Hochberg as head of the Export-Import Bank (Eximbank).

Eximbank is a little known "New Deal" federal agency that either loans money directly or "guarantees" loans to American businesses to support those business' overseas ventures.

If the company cannot pay back the loans, the taxpayer picks up the tab.

Loans made, or guaranteed by, Eximbank are inherently risky and market-distorting, since Eximbank's charter forbids them from "competing with the private sector."

Instead, Eximbank uses taxpayer funds to "assume credit and country risks that the private sector is unable or unwilling to accept."

You read that right.

Eximbank's whole purpose is to use YOUR money to support projects that could not get support from banks and private investors!

In 2007, then-Senator Barack Obama called Eximbank "little more than a fund for corporate welfare" that should be shut down.

But instead of shutting it down, President Obama has worked to expand Eximbank, using it to reward his corporate cronies and putting taxpayers even more at risk.

For example, in 2012, the Boeing Corporation received $12.2 billion in loan guarantees from Eximbank - which accounted for 82% of Eximbank's loan guarantees!

General Electric is another example of a wealthy company that benefits from Eximbank's taxpayer-funded "generosity."

In 2012, GE received over $1 billion in Eximbank loans - even though GE made over $150 billion in profit that year!

Eximbank even finances projects used to shut down American manufactures and open up plants overseas.

Clearly, the American people would be better off if Eximbank were shut down and the money returned to American entrepreneurs, workers, and families.

Call your representatives and tell them Obama as a senator said they should be shut down and ask where the idiot stand on it today.

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...and your alternative is???
"John Galt"
"sonic's" solution. A 19 billion dollar bail out. Gotta protect those loyal union voters.
Peace
proud2bwhite

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey y'all....
He be white,
And stupid as shtttt!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaaa!!!
LOL
LOL
LOL
Just lock that pudgy fffcckkk up!
Fed charges....
LOCK UP PUDGY!
LOCK UP PUDGY
LOCK UP PERRY?
40 Years for both.
well if you insist on helping obama commit mass suicide of blacks in a race war you start over an isue that did not involve a white man at all, please start it early in the morning so we can be done with you all by noon and still enjoy our afternoon lunch.

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fine, rightie. I'm enjoying my "glorious" vacation on the East Coast.
"poop"
When is your bio/fantasy going to be released? Which summer? You have promising the book for going on 5 years. Just another lie on your part?
Peace
KMA

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Tonto 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, Tonto read your post again and he decide it not wrong what President said. Law not work when armed men can ambush unarmed men, or the powerful kill the less powerful, and then walk away. Defeat whole purpose of law. George Zimmerman must suffer consequences of doing wrong thing, one way or other. It take courage for President to call it like he sees it. Tonto think you may have been too long without comic foil for extensive and impressive fact-gathering.
Well, it's not uncommon for me to be on opposite sides of those I like. It happens. It doesn't change the respect I have for you or Yeah. We just see things differently on this particular issue. That is OK.

I held back my judgment on the case until all the evidence was presented. I was determined not to prejudge. Since all I have to base my judgment on is the evidence presented in court, I am left with no choice but to agree with the jury (and most all the experts in the field) that Martin was the one who "ambushed" Zimmerman through concealment and the element of surprise. IMO, Trayvon at 6'2" was the more powerful of the two. Things ended badly but I don't fault Zimmerman.

Is there a grey area? Of course. There can't be any black and white when one of the parties involved is dead. But, it's all we've got. I kept expecting the prosecution to bring forth some character witnesses for Trayvon....anything to prove he wasn't a trouble maker with a chip on his shoulder toward white authority figures (or a wannabe authority figure in the case of Zimmerman). It didn't happen. Even a lifetime of being treated disrespectfully and discriminated against doesn't justify acting out violently against someone who is just following you. It just doesn't.

That said, I am disgusted by the comments of many of the racists cons on this thread. I'd like to see people who call African Americans "monkeys" or "savages" exiled to another country. That might go a long way toward racial harmony.
proud2bwhite

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's not uncommon for me to be on opposite sides of those I like. It happens. It doesn't change the respect I have for you or Yeah. We just see things differently on this particular issue. That is OK.
I held back my judgment on the case until all the evidence was presented. I was determined not to prejudge. Since all I have to base my judgment on is the evidence presented in court, I am left with no choice but to agree with the jury (and most all the experts in the field) that Martin was the one who "ambushed" Zimmerman through concealment and the element of surprise. IMO, Trayvon at 6'2" was the more powerful of the two. Things ended badly but I don't fault Zimmerman.
Is there a grey area? Of course. There can't be any black and white when one of the parties involved is dead. But, it's all we've got. I kept expecting the prosecution to bring forth some character witnesses for Trayvon....anything to prove he wasn't a trouble maker with a chip on his shoulder toward white authority figures (or a wannabe authority figure in the case of Zimmerman). It didn't happen. Even a lifetime of being treated disrespectfully and discriminated against doesn't justify acting out violently against someone who is just following you. It just doesn't.
That said, I am disgusted by the comments of many of the racists cons on this thread. I'd like to see people who call African Americans "monkeys" or "savages" exiled to another country. That might go a long way toward racial harmony.
when one acts like a savage they will 'Bush' also called a monkey?
proud2bwhite

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> when one acts like a savage they will 'Bush' also called a monkey?
odd only part of what I wrote posted..
Rewrite..when one acts like a savage they will be called a savage..wasn't Bush also called a monkey?

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Does Tonto remind you of someone from the past?
Oh yes. These cons don't know what is in store for them.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Monkey, bitch, savage, monkey. Sure lock down freedom of speech. But remember it works both ways bitch money skank. Not just your liberal interpretation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 872,621 - 872,640 of1,077,616
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

119 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy 7-22 3 min edogxxx 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min truth 48,816
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 min HoneyBear1 97,505
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min Atticus Tiberius Finch 174,381
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 34 min scirocco 67,823
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Red Jackal 1,850
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 2 hr APPRECIATIATATER SPUD 6
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE