Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Tonto 2

Salt Lake City, UT

#950166 Jul 21, 2013
(Tonto stretch and roll over on "Navajo" blanket- actually made by captive children in Hong Mihn but who keeping score? As he roll over flaccid penis slide out of snoring Texas Ranger's behind. Life good.)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#950167 Jul 21, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And get the stats on Accidental Conception, too.
We'd like to hear the story about your mom's Zoo trip and her falling into the Orangutan exhibit.
Best I can figure, this one's trying to be funny. Don't see any other explanation for his moronic, off-topic blather.

I know funny and he/she ain't it.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#950168 Jul 21, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your answer to defend Stossel's ridiculous "analysis"?
Its ok, I know you have no rebuttal.
Detzing will follow his Master's to HELL, stalk Carol and wonders why no one cares when your pathetic behavior is the issue Detzing, nothing more you idiot...

Pull your pants up fool!!

It's the culture...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#950169 Jul 21, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Beatings, screaming, and cursing are the only options you consider?
You must have been a horrific mother, thank god your daughter got out.
At least HER mother did something right. heheheh.

Location hidden

#950170 Jul 21, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't blame public education for Carol's willful ignorance. Most public school teachers aren't mired in bigotry, intellectual laziness and lies like she is.
I dunno, where else is a bigot with no knowledge of history, technology, science, English, etc. going to get a job?

"wallah!"
Tonto 2

Salt Lake City, UT

#950171 Jul 21, 2013
Tonto consider "re-buttal but decide against it. Mask man lose much of allure over years and whites not understand relationships.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#950172 Jul 21, 2013
Jorge Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>i thought it was a shemale?
Depends on what she's with and how much gin she's swilled.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#950173 Jul 21, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Best I can figure, this one's trying to be funny. Don't see any other explanation for his moronic, off-topic blather.
I know funny and he/she ain't it.
Grievance industry racist. Race Profiteer. Detzing trying to turn chicken shit into chicken salad...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#950174 Jul 21, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno, where else is a bigot with no knowledge of history, technology, science, English, etc. going to get a job?
"wallah!"
Only those bigot who make any claims about their race, education or their military service are potential liars Detzing, given you they can't prove a damn thing.

Pull up your pants Fool...

It's the culture...

Location hidden

#950176 Jul 21, 2013
Did you say something Floriduh?

Nevermind.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#950177 Jul 21, 2013
"Kevin Jackson: Black people lock their car doors too when they see a horde of black teens coming…"

"James Woods: The only reason people lock their car doors when Obama walks by is they are afraid he'll tax them to death"
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#950178 Jul 21, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we riding on our unicorn naked again??
Come on now, you know old Waxhead loves to play leap frog with his pet Unicorn. Being reamed and rammed is a favorite past time for clueless baggers. It's the only life they have ever known.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#950179 Jul 21, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Only those bigot who make any claims about their race, education or their military service are potential liars Detzing, given you they can't prove a damn thing.
Pull up your pants Fool...
It's the culture...
A hole from semenhole as usual is totally clueless...I have busted a number of you liars on the right with your claims of military service...Including your dumb azz. Proving anything to idiots like you is the last thing a normal person would expect.
Waxman

Phoenix, AZ

#950181 Jul 21, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on now, you know old Waxhead loves to play leap frog with his pet Unicorn. Being reamed and rammed is a favorite past time for clueless baggers. It's the only life they have ever known.
You know me so well!!!!!!!!!! I particularly love the "horn"!!!
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#950182 Jul 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What a joke; all you rightwingers on here are anti jew bigots, white supremacists, homophobes, misogynists, xenophobes.
Speak ill of the dead; karma will get you in the end.
There is no end to you rightwingers hateful swill, I don't know how you live with yourselves.
Hi lily, Flack is and always has been one of the biggest phonies on here. Hell he can't even be true too himself. He claims to not belong to either party...TOOOO funny, He claims to have an open mind....TOOOOO funny...He claims not to be prejudice....Toooo funny. Not a homophobe...Toooo funny...Blacks...Tooooofunny.. Women....Toooo funny.. Claims to actually have a life...Funny to the bone...These baggers are a pathetic lot.
Roki

Belgrade, Serbia

#950183 Jul 21, 2013
Roki

Belgrade, Serbia

#950184 Jul 21, 2013
Look at this site and thus you'll help!

http://adf.ly/SKI0F
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#950185 Jul 21, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"wallah!"
If Galt was responding to an ignoramus like Dumbass Dave, as an example, use of "wallah" might be appropriate.

Perhaps Carol was responding in that vein.

On a more serious note, far too many schoolteachers have education degrees instead of degrees in subject matter, because that is what the job market encourages. Third-rate teacher colleges are a pipeline to employment at many school districts, with those having subject degrees from better, out-of-state colleges being at a disadvantage.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#950186 Jul 21, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
A hole from semenhole as usual is totally clueless...I have busted a number of you liars on the right with your claims of military service...Including your dumb azz. Proving anything to idiots like you is the last thing a normal person would expect.
Only you liars who make any claims about their race, education or their military service are liars ghost, given you won't and can't prove a damn thing.

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#950187 Jul 21, 2013
Detroit's fiscal condition has become so dire that private citizens are stepping up to provide basic services, and some experts say the volunteers and entrepreneurs are the Motor City's best hope.

Nearly $2.5 billion in debt after decades of mismanagement, the city is now being run by an independent emergency manager in a last-ditch effort to avoid bankruptcy. Just last month that city stopped payment on unsecured debt in an attempt to “conserve cash” for the police and fire departments and other city services. But the city's collision course with insolvency has created business opportunities for some and spurred a sense of civic pride for others.

Tom Nardone is the leader of "The Mower Gang," a growing group of volunteers who cut the grass at city parks. The business consultant and former analyst with Ford Motor Co. mounted his riding lawnmower and went to work when the cash-strapped city was on the brink of shutting down parks because there was no room in the budget for upkeep.

“I was looking for some sort of volunteer work when the city announced that they were closing 72 parks,” Nardone, 48, told FoxNews.com .“I wondered at the time what exactly that meant and found out that when the park is closed, it basically means that they stop with the upkeep. They are basically abandoned.”

Working alone, Nardone started out just mowing under swing sets. But an army of inspired volunteers has joined the Mower Gang, allowing it to take on bigger and bigger projects, including a bicycle track that had been shut down and neglected since the 1980s. The Mower Gang, which has received equipment donations from Husqvarna, now maintains 15 city parks, helping to reclaim recreation space for kids and grownups alike.

“When we get there [to a park], people are happy to see us, especially the kids,” Nardone said.“This isn’t a problem solver, but it’s a solution that helps.”

When Andy Didorosi read in the newspaper that budget cuts had made a casualty out of a long planned light-rail project, the lifelong Motor City resident wasn't sad. He was angry.

“I was pissed. I said,‘I’ll make the corridor,’” Didorosi, 26, told FoxNews.com . "I was an asset liquidator at the time and had recently bought some buses anyway. I’ve always been a gearhead.”

He started the Detroit Bus Company. The initial goal was to provide reliable routes in the city, mainly along the main artery of Woodward Avenue, where the light rail had been proposed. He also thought it made sense to establish a route to and from Detroit airport, something the city had provided, but poorly, according to Didorosi.

“The only option is one bus that doesn’t run very often and stops on every corner,” said Didorosi, who hopes to get city approval for an express airport route next month.“It takes three hours to make a 45 minute commute. The city has missed out on holding conventions and we could possibly lose out on hosting the X Games because a lack of transportation.”

The Detroit Bus Company currently runs charter services as well as scenic tours with six buses -- ranging from school buses to coach liners -- and provides free rides for kids to after-school programs and summer jobs.

“Transportation is a public problem,” Didorosi said.” I don’t necessarily think that the system should be privatized, but I don’t see a better option than providing the services. Hopefully, everything will work itself out and the city will be back on track.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/16/detroit-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Clinton's Wife. 24 min CONTINUATION 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 28 min Red_Forman 5,899
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 28 min Red_Forman 861
Word (Dec '08) 29 min Red_Forman 5,200
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 52,845
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Guru 187,276
Look out, America, here comes Hillary!! 6 hr Professor Fate 8
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]