Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
872,201 - 872,220 of 1,079,668 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949427
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! Mayor Filner is accused of sexual harassment not any kind of perversion. That was the same thing that Herman Cain was accused of during the primaries and you defended him calling his accusers "gold diggers". Your hypocrisy is showing again Carol as well as your ignorance.
You notice it's only republicans who get raked over the coals for alleged inappropriate conduct even if it can't be proven. And many of them step down voluntarily or under pressure from other republicans.

But Clinton, Weiner, Spitzer, Frank and Filner - just to name a few off the top of my head - are defended to the teeth by liberals and remain in office untouched or are reelected.

Can brainwashed people be any more clueless? No, guess they can't. Nevermind.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949428
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're making left field assumptions bro. I have a special love for white people like you. Allow me to correct you about Zimmerman being Hispanic. That's all false bro! It's stupid to me but, in this country, your are what your father is. He only claims Hispanic heritage because, it takes the racial aspect off the table as to why he felt Martin was suspicious. Then stalked , hunted, & killed a black teenager. Can't claim racial when, 1 minority kills another minority! He's subject to white privilege. Zimmerman's father, a Jewish judge for him off on aggravated assault on an officer, domestic violence, & a restraining order as a result of said domestic violence. All charges that would've prevented Zimmerman from owning a gun legally. Look bro, there's people like you that, happens to be white but are changing with the times &, America's population demographics. Then you have these conspiracy theorist racist, who mask as conservative but hate the fact that America is changing because, the more the population changes, the less their power in numbers votes mean. As I've said, I commend you for not following the flock in the light of justice & equality. That's the heart of a true American. It takes someone of pure heart to recognize the injustices &, fight forjustice. You'll see, you'll be ridiculed by your own race for taking such a stance. Their the true racist, claiming you don't belong because, your eyes are not biased by skin color. Don't let these guys lie to you. You are loved amongst my people!
Were you kicked in the head by a horse as a pickaninny?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949429
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he should have addressed the problems within the black community. He didn't because this president even knows you can't help those who don't want to be helped. Better to let them be social outcasts, feel sorry for them and blame white society.
Maybe there's a reason people lock their doors when they see a black man approaching or a woman holds her purses tighter in an elevator with a black man.
Too many black men don't respect themselves and act accordingly, and people have to assume they have no respect for others either. It's the ones who don't who give the ones who do a bad name.
But Obama will keep the black bloc vote with his speech anyway. That was the whole intention behind sending NBC the memo to create a racially motivated case that didn't exist.
memo?

FOXbot leap of faith reasoning?

so who sent FOX the memo to try to deny that it was a racially motivated case?
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949430
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>IfObama wasn't president, just an average Joe &, you didn't know his parents, what race would you say he is? Apply the same method to Zimmerman. I'm quite sure the results are different! All genes aside, Obama is black because that's who he self identifies with. He could say he's white all he wants, when he looks in the mirror, the truth in his reflection says otherwise! Can't say the same for Zimmerman. See it's ignorance to you because, in your eyes, you're wondering why he chose to self identify as black. Looking at the situation with a bias. Not understanding that, that choice was made for him at birth when his skin began to darken. I'm quite sure you would've been looking at his family strange when he was a child, he being the only black member of his family. White mother, white sister, & an adopted little African boy. Yea that's just what you would've thought, just like most folks that his family encountered. For some strange reason, you all like to lie to yourselves. Well you can't hold Obama responsible for your lies. What do you see when you look at Obama? What do you see when you look at Zimmerman? You can't be ignorant enough to believe that Johnson & Johnson would've paid for his defense had he been identified as Hispanic. Trust me, that claim was made by his attorney to take the racial aspect way from the prosecution. He quickly used his white heritage to get him out of trouble his entire life! It's clear, you believe in magic also huh!
Yep, this post confirms it. Maybe a vet can remove that horse's hoof from your cranium. If not, you might be able to get a deal on a neutering (and for that, we would be thankful).........
NJ raider 1

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949431
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
The Government Cheese and Non Sentient Welfare Crowd:
Speshull uh "skills" inkludes sitting on they azzez with they hands out waiting fer palm greasing, drooling over anyone elses anything, while cawrling peoples homes trying to tell Honest wage earning, respectable WORKING class, living with in the means type people, where to find jawbs in this here oblamer ekonomy. No maff skills requireDUH.
Sorry slacketic, entitleMENTALed, lazy azzez.
Either You're a child that needs to grow up, a sad excuse for an adult, or a senior that has grown too much! Time will cure the first, hopefully!
A reality check will cure the second!
For the third, well there's onlyone thing that will cure that, death!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949432
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You notice it's only republicans who get raked over the coals for alleged inappropriate conduct even if it can't be proven. And many of them step down voluntarily or under pressure from other republicans.
But Clinton, Weiner, Spitzer, Frank and Filner - just to name a few off the top of my head - are defended to the teeth by liberals and remain in office untouched or are reelected.
Can brainwashed people be any more clueless? No, guess they can't. Nevermind.
Only a homophobe would criticize Bawney Fwank for running a male prostitution ring out of his Washington townhouse.

Shame on you.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949433
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Street riots and looting
there were riots?

anything close to the right wing fear mongering?

no. resignation leads the day. even the liberals knew how it would turn out. we all knew Zimmerman would walk.'It was just a black kid for christ's sake!' just the usual from the land of the not so free and the home of the not so brave.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949434
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Street riots and looting
Savage demokrats on a rampage...

It'd\s the culture...
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949435
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

6

5

5

Ok leftist phags, its time for this morning's edition of "learning to spell with jeantel".

The word for this morning is "DOMINEERING".

Now, lets have rachel use it in a sentence:

"ma homegirl yolandas birthday yesterday, so I gits
her a domineering".......

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949436
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I understand where you're coming from bro but, my post is not racist rhetoric, it's reality! Everybody on this thread ( republican) was coming after Obama's head saying " Obama's a racist! Why talk about this case? He don't care about what happens in his home state of Chicago!" He makes a speech yesterday directed at all of the black on black violence in inner cities &, the experiences which shape the eyes in which 1 group see justice &, how the next group sees it. After all the blaming of republicans, screaming" look at Chicago." He addresses the situation in his speech &, they still call him a racist. Now the claim is " he only spoke to one people." No he spoke to all people but, had a message for the same people these hypocrites where saying he didn't care about. It's a never ending cycle with these socks. They will always find fault in Obama's actions. There's only 1 reason for that &, politics has nothing to do with that! Not to mention, I'm called a negro on here on a daily basis so, I know where their heart lies!
You're still letting yourself be drawn into the phony race perspective these right wing morons are trying to establish. I agree that the dog whistles and outright bigotry expressed here is boorish but you can't let these idiots control the conversation. They fear and hate almost everyone, you're not really that special, no offense intended. Look at what they've done to the Republican party. Don't take what these deranged "conservatives" say personally, just have fun pointing out their lunacy.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949437
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Helen Thomas, world-class Jew-hater whose career covering the White House dated back to the Kennedy administration, died on Saturday at the age of 92, the Gridiron Club announced in an email to members on Saturday.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949438
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Kind of jokingly...I think..." was supposed to be a clue Stossel's guess upon being pressured wasn't to be taken seriously.
How long do you think we can survive a 17 trillion dollar deficit - soon to be 20 trillion; a growing and bloated government with a shrinking private sector; increased taxes when millions are still out of work and no jobs on the horizon; and abuses of power that go unpunished? Throw in moral decay for good measure before guesstimating your answer.
Those were the ingredients in ancient Rome before it fell.
A few more major cities going bankrupt leading to a domino effect...and wallah...we have to learn Chinese. At least you and all your liberal pals won't have to worry about being accused of undermining our new communist government or becoming political prisoners. You'd fit right in.
Yike, you claim to have been a school teacher? What did you teach? Shop?

"How long do you think we can survive a 17 trillion dollar deficit - soon to be 20 trillion;"

-You should ask George and his Republican congress (some of whom are still serving) what they're plan was when they took us off the surplus? In 2000 the CBO estimated the debt would be paid off by now.

" a growing and bloated government with a shrinking private sector;"

- Where's the private sector shrinking and how does the above relate to the Roman Empire?

" increased taxes when millions are still out of work and no jobs on the horizon;"

- Most people are paying lower taxes now than they were in 2008.

" and abuses of power that go unpunished?"

- Again, show the parallel with the Roman Empire.

" Throw in moral decay for good measure before guesstimating your answer."

- your comic book/movie version of history doesn't reflect real history. The Roman Empire was not as depraved as has been portrayed in pop culture.

I don't know if you just make this sht up or if you're just regurgitating right-wing talking points. Lemme ask you this: What did Stossel suggest would turn us around from "certain" collapse?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949439
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is fanning the flames of a race war.
no, You are.

DARVO stands for “Deny, Attack, and Reverse Victim and Offender.” The perpetrator or offender may Deny the behavior, Attack the individual doing the confronting, and Reverse the roles of Victim and Offender such that the perpetrator assumes the victim role and turns the true victim into an alleged offender. This occurs, for instance, when an actually guilty perpetrator assumes the role of “falsely accused” and attacks the accuser’s credibility or even blames the accuser of being the perpetrator of a false accusation.

the right wing racism gig to a T.

for as much as you all like to yell 'plantation' do you ever think there will come a day when you figure out that black folks think conservatives are racists?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949440
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>IfObama wasn't president, just an average Joe &, you didn't know his parents, what race would you say he is? Apply the same method to Zimmerman. I'm quite sure the results are different! All genes aside, Obama is black because that's who he self identifies with. He could say he's white all he wants, when he looks in the mirror, the truth in his reflection says otherwise! Can't say the same for Zimmerman. See it's ignorance to you because, in your eyes, you're wondering why he chose to self identify as black. Looking at the situation with a bias. Not understanding that, that choice was made for him at birth when his skin began to darken. I'm quite sure you would've been looking at his family strange when he was a child, he being the only black member of his family. White mother, white sister, & an adopted little African boy. Yea that's just what you would've thought, just like most folks that his family encountered. For some strange reason, you all like to lie to yourselves. Well you can't hold Obama responsible for your lies. What do you see when you look at Obama? What do you see when you look at Zimmerman? You can't be ignorant enough to believe that Johnson & Johnson would've paid for his defense had he been identified as Hispanic. Trust me, that claim was made by his attorney to take the racial aspect way from the prosecution. He quickly used his white heritage to get him out of trouble his entire life! It's clear, you believe in magic also huh!
He does identify himself with being black because he is. He just can't identify himself with the "black experience" from a personal standpoint because doors were always opened for him and he was raised by a white family.

Obama always wanted to belong to and be accepted by the black community by his own admission but, instead of using his skills to organize and bring people together, he uses his present platform to divide us for personal and political gain and speaks out of turn in the role of president creating even more division.

"The police were wrong..."
"If Trayvon were my son, he'd look like me..."
And says these things before knowing all the facts and has to backtrack just to keep the peace.

This is not characteristic of good leadership but political activism.

He is supposed to serve all of us and look out for the best interests of us all. Not just those who will vote for his party again.

He was never qualified for the highest office in the land or this role of leadership from the very beginning. And he still isn't.

Political activists do not belong in positions of power. On either side. That's why he and Eric Holder gotta go.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949441
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still letting yourself be drawn into the phony race perspective these right wing morons are trying to establish. I agree that the dog whistles and outright bigotry expressed here is boorish but you can't let these idiots control the conversation. They fear and hate almost everyone, you're not really that special, no offense intended. Look at what they've done to the Republican party. Don't take what these deranged "conservatives" say personally, just have fun pointing out their lunacy.
I heard Rachel Jeantel is looking for a job. She seems like she'd be the perfect caretaker for your retarded brood......

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949442
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Kind of jokingly...I think..." was supposed to be a clue Stossel's guess upon being pressured wasn't to be taken seriously.
How long do you think we can survive a 17 trillion dollar deficit - soon to be 20 trillion; a growing and bloated government with a shrinking private sector; increased taxes when millions are still out of work and no jobs on the horizon; and abuses of power that go unpunished? Throw in moral decay for good measure before guesstimating your answer.
Those were the ingredients in ancient Rome before it fell.
A few more major cities going bankrupt leading to a domino effect...and wallah...we have to learn Chinese. At least you and all your liberal pals won't have to worry about being accused of undermining our new communist government or becoming political prisoners. You'd fit right in.
"wallah"???

I hadn't read that far down, that was funny.

In my discussion with Galt I'm liking the idea of bloated city governments going bankrupt, maybe that's what the libertarian revolution will look like.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949443
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

So why don’t blacks vote Republican? The answer is simple. Black people are not crazy. Being not crazy, they understand a simple truth about conservatives: They have never stood with, or up for, black people. Never.

Forget modern controversies like mass incarceration. Social conservatives, then based largely in the Democratic Party of the early to mid 20th century, opposed the Voting Rights Act. They opposed the Civil Rights Act. They opposed school integration. They opposed the Montgomery Bus Boycott. They opposed a law to crack down on lynching.

These are the people for whom African Americans are now supposed to vote? To make the argument is to betray a stunning contempt for the intelligence — and memory — of black voters.

In talking about race, conservatives have all the moral authority of a pimp talking about women’s rights.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/11/05/2487580...
NJ raider 1

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949444
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you kicked in the head by a horse as a pickaninny?
I've never been in the same proximity as a horse. You on the other hand... Now you want to subliminally blame the house for your retardation!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949445
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Loosey lunatic of the peanut brain bunch has she pshykoaTrick boof set up, she 'cepting yo ebt cawd so's ye don't have to keeps on tawrking to yew self.
Duhmmy.
Bark!

<meow>?

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949446
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Sonic,
You people should learn how to lead by example, and not by force.
You people still get out the belt and give your kids a whuppin' when they misbehave. That is but one example.
And don't tell me that you don't whup your kids. I know you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min voice of peace 67,928
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 2 hr joey 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 45,779
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 4 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 4 hr loose cannon 19
Abby 7-24 5 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••