Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
872,161 - 872,180 of 1,096,844 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a difference between a pervert and molesting women?
He's the poster child of the moral decay in this country.
Stossel said the other night the similarities between the Roman Empire before it fell and what's going on in our own country are eerily similar. Higher taxes, bigger government, abuse of power, moral decay...
But he did say things are quite as bad as that here yet. He guesstimated another 18 years...kind of jokingly...I think.

I missed this post, had to borrow it from PD's reply. Too good to pass up.

Since the Roman Empire fell over the course of about 400 years by what methodology did Stossel arrive at the very specific "18 years"?

Its frightening that you purport to have been a public school teacher, proof enough that public education isn't worth it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

loose cannon wrote:
Sonic,
The jury followed the letter of the law.
You people need to learn how to lead by example, and not by force.
Now give it a rest.
by force?

what does that even mean?
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> wow ,starting out the morning with ignorance I see. Zimmerman is no more white than your boy obama. A white person has a white mother and a white father, stop trying to justify your racist hate by trying to make zimmerman into something. he will never be.
IfObama wasn't president, just an average Joe &, you didn't know his parents, what race would you say he is? Apply the same method to Zimmerman. I'm quite sure the results are different! All genes aside, Obama is black because that's who he self identifies with. He could say he's white all he wants, when he looks in the mirror, the truth in his reflection says otherwise! Can't say the same for Zimmerman. See it's ignorance to you because, in your eyes, you're wondering why he chose to self identify as black. Looking at the situation with a bias. Not understanding that, that choice was made for him at birth when his skin began to darken. I'm quite sure you would've been looking at his family strange when he was a child, he being the only black member of his family. White mother, white sister, & an adopted little African boy. Yea that's just what you would've thought, just like most folks that his family encountered. For some strange reason, you all like to lie to yourselves. Well you can't hold Obama responsible for your lies. What do you see when you look at Obama? What do you see when you look at Zimmerman? You can't be ignorant enough to believe that Johnson & Johnson would've paid for his defense had he been identified as Hispanic. Trust me, that claim was made by his attorney to take the racial aspect way from the prosecution. He quickly used his white heritage to get him out of trouble his entire life! It's clear, you believe in magic also huh!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>IfObama wasn't president, just an average Joe &, you didn't know his parents, what race would you say he is? Apply the same method to Zimmerman. I'm quite sure the results are different! All genes aside, Obama is black because that's who he self identifies with. He could say he's white all he wants, when he looks in the mirror, the truth in his reflection says otherwise! Can't say the same for Zimmerman. See it's ignorance to you because, in your eyes, you're wondering why he chose to self identify as black. Looking at the situation with a bias. Not understanding that, that choice was made for him at birth when his skin began to darken. I'm quite sure you would've been looking at his family strange when he was a child, he being the only black member of his family. White mother, white sister, & an adopted little African boy. Yea that's just what you would've thought, just like most folks that his family encountered. For some strange reason, you all like to lie to yourselves. Well you can't hold Obama responsible for your lies. What do you see when you look at Obama? What do you see when you look at Zimmerman? You can't be ignorant enough to believe that Johnson & Johnson would've paid for his defense had he been identified as Hispanic. Trust me, that claim was made by his attorney to take the racial aspect way from the prosecution. He quickly used his white heritage to get him out of trouble his entire life! It's clear, you believe in magic also huh!
Dumb Negro Loves Abuse From a half white Barrack Obama, How stupid can you be behind a half black President, Blacks are in love with their skin color, Blacks are enslaved on the Democrats Plantation, Blacks make great slaves

The Government Cheese and Non Sentient Welfare Crowd... The Blind Lead...

It's the culture...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope springs eternal
True and actual innocence before CORRUPTION is always hopeful...the hard parts are trying to keep scum from ruining it.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a difference between a pervert and molesting women?
He's the poster child of the moral decay in this country.
Stossel said the other night the similarities between the Roman Empire before it fell and what's going on in our own country are eerily similar. Higher taxes, bigger government, abuse of power, moral decay...
But he did say things are quite as bad as that here yet. He guesstimated another 18 years...kind of jokingly...I think.
I missed this post, had to borrow it from PD's reply. Too good to pass up.
Since the Roman Empire fell over the course of about 400 years by what methodology did Stossel arrive at the very specific "18 years"?
Its frightening that you purport to have been a public school teacher, proof enough that public education isn't worth it.
"Kind of jokingly...I think..." was supposed to be a clue Stossel's guess upon being pressured wasn't to be taken seriously.

How long do you think we can survive a 17 trillion dollar deficit - soon to be 20 trillion; a growing and bloated government with a shrinking private sector; increased taxes when millions are still out of work and no jobs on the horizon; and abuses of power that go unpunished? Throw in moral decay for good measure before guesstimating your answer.

Those were the ingredients in ancient Rome before it fell.

A few more major cities going bankrupt leading to a domino effect...and wallah...we have to learn Chinese. At least you and all your liberal pals won't have to worry about being accused of undermining our new communist government or becoming political prisoners. You'd fit right in.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Good News

New documents provided to the Treasury Department's inspector general indicate that progressive groups, in addition to conservative groups, may have been targeted by the IRS for additional scrutiny, according to testimony before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee by J. Russell George, the inspector general. The revelation bolsters the case of congressional Democrats who have argued that IRS targeting was not politically motivated, and that the groups targeted were more ideologically diverse than originally believed.

In his prepared testimony, George described documents from July 2010 that included the term "progressive" within a discussion of the types of groups that should be scrutinized by the IRS. Those documents were provided to George's office on July 9, but were not provided prior to the inspector general's original audit that initially jump-started the targeting scandal and the resultant committee hearings.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol but your outrage is only when a Democrat gets caught. Where was it when Mark "Appalachian Trail" Sanford was elected to Congress. Call me crazy but I think that cheating on your wife is more serious than some unwelcome hugs or suggestive remarks. As you recall you defended Herman Cain when he was accused of the same thing. He not only sexually harassed women but also had an extra marital affair.
Yeah I just love it when fools like you blame the fall of the Roman Empire on "moral decay" when the fact is that it was at that time firmly under Christian control. There is however a parallel , Rome let its infrastructure; roads bridges and aqueducts deteriorate. It's the GOP that's been blocking any funding to repair ours and it's not getting any less expensive to deal with. That will be our downfall if we don't deal with it soon.
Yes
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're making left field assumptions bro. I have a special love for white people like you. Allow me to correct you about Zimmerman being Hispanic. That's all false bro! It's stupid to me but, in this country, your are what your father is. He only claims Hispanic heritage because, it takes the racial aspect off the table as to why he felt Martin was suspicious. Then stalked , hunted, & killed a black teenager. Can't claim racial when, 1 minority kills another minority! He's subject to white privilege. Zimmerman's father, a Jewish judge for him off on aggravated assault on an officer, domestic violence, & a restraining order as a result of said domestic violence. All charges that would've prevented Zimmerman from owning a gun legally. Look bro, there's people like you that, happens to be white but are changing with the times &, America's population demographics. Then you have these conspiracy theorist racist, who mask as conservative but hate the fact that America is changing because, the more the population changes, the less their power in numbers votes mean. As I've said, I commend you for not following the flock in the light of justice & equality. That's the heart of a true American. It takes someone of pure heart to recognize the injustices &, fight forjustice. You'll see, you'll be ridiculed by your own race for taking such a stance. Their the true racist, claiming you don't belong because, your eyes are not biased by skin color. Don't let these guys lie to you. You are loved amongst my people!
They still standing in the middle of 95 trying to pawn that fweeduhm ekernomics ways an means of "freshly thieved electrikol any thang you wants merchandise?" to subserdize they entitleMentality givverment lifestyles up there, dude?

Just wondering.

(Dirtbags.)
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The conservative reaction to Barack Obama’s speech on the Zimmerman case was immediately hysterical, hyperbolic and all too predictable. Pundits on the right launched into quick attacks accusing Obama of promoting divisiveness and discord. The defenders of white privilege, who seem to believe racism is dead unless it is people of color attacking white people, doubled down on charges of “reverse racism” with clueless comments that could only come from people who are willfully ignorant of American history.
White victimhood has become the cause du jour for many on the political right and nowhere was it more evident than in a tweet from influential conservative blogger Dan Riehl who tweeted “If you ever had any doubts, Obama is the first Racist in Chief.” In the delusional white mind of Mr. Riehl no president in our history has ever been as racist as Mr. Obama whose apparent verbal hate crime is that he had the temerity to point out that 35 years ago he was a black teenager. Wow, has any President ever done anything so racist in the history of our nation? Well, actually yes. Worse even. Much worse.
....let us not leave out Dan Riehl’s presidential hero, Ronald Reagan who stereotyped black “welfare queens” to rally aggrieved racist white voters to embrace his campaign. Prior to becoming President, Reagan opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965, calling them “humiliating” to the South. According to Lisa Mcgirr, in the book Suburban Warriors: The Origins of the New American Right, when Reagan campaigned for governor of California in 1966 he vowed to eliminate the state’s Fair Housing Act proclaiming that “if an individual wants to discriminate against Negroes or others in selling or renting his house, he has a right to do so.”
In his run for president in 1980, Reagan visited a county fair in Neshoba, Mississippi, near where three civil rights workers had been murdered by members of the KKK in 1964, and in front of a cheering crowd of white folks declared:“I believe in states’ rights”. His choice of location and his words were no accident. While in the White House, Reagan’s justice department supported Bob Jones University in its case seeking federal funds for institutions even if they discriminated on the basis of race. In 1983, when the supreme court ruled against the University, Reagan responded by de-fanging the Civil Rights Commission.
Apparently Dan Riehl and many of his fellow white conservatives have never recognized the racism of past presidents because the racial animus has never been directed at pale-faced people like him. Yes, the founding fathers and the faces that grace Mr. Rushmore were racists. Sure they lived in different times, but this does not somehow magically erase the racist label from their complex personal histories, just because many of their contemporaries were racist as well. What Riehl perhaps does not understand is that when you are wrapped in a cocoon of white privilege maybe you fail to see that owning slaves, forcing people off of their land at gunpoint and putting people in internment camps because of their race is racist even though the people being victimized are not the same color as Mr. Riehl. Dan may think that Barack Obama is the first “Racist in Chief”, but it is only because he is incapable of comprehending the forty-three white presidents who preceded Barack Obama as racist because their form of racism is identical to his.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/19/dan-ri...
Majority of the critics are Racists

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
President Obama did something Friday that he hardly ever does — and no other president could ever have done. He addressed the racial fault lines in the country by laying bare his personal anguish and experience in an effort to help white Americans understand why African-Americans reacted with frustration and anger to the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting of Trayvon Martin.
....It is a great thing for this country to have a president who could do what Mr. Obama did on Friday. It is sad that we still need him to do it.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/20/opinion/pre...
Maybe he should have addressed the problems within the black community. He didn't because this president even knows you can't help those who don't want to be helped. Better to let them be social outcasts, feel sorry for them and blame white society.

Maybe there's a reason people lock their doors when they see a black man approaching or a woman holds her purses tighter in an elevator with a black man.

Too many black men don't respect themselves and act accordingly, and people have to assume they have no respect for others either. It's the ones who don't who give the ones who do a bad name.

But Obama will keep the black bloc vote with his speech anyway. That was the whole intention behind sending NBC the memo to create a racially motivated case that didn't exist.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're making left field assumptions bro. I have a special love for white people like you. Allow me to correct you about Zimmerman being Hispanic. That's all false bro! It's stupid to me but, in this country, your are what your father is.
Sounds like Realbrother.

Black mother, white father, dude be white.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! Mayor Filner is accused of sexual harassment not any kind of perversion. That was the same thing that Herman Cain was accused of during the primaries and you defended him calling his accusers "gold diggers". Your hypocrisy is showing again Carol as well as your ignorance.
Correct about Filner, except that he has admitted what is alleged.

DemoKKKrats support sexual harassment.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Look it up in the dictionary azzwipe. Ypu do know what one is, dontcha?
Do you think GZ was looking to rob TM or something? Sounds like TM was in a little better shape than GZ...75-100 dolluh in he pocket for dinna and a movie?

Well hot damn, where the work at pay like that? THE ABOVE table, honest wage earning, taxpaying WORKING class need mo' jawbs that pay like dat!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again nitwit! Detroit's problems stem from a decline in the tax base. This happened when the auto industry moved out of the city and into the suburbs and it's middle class employees followed them. Detroit was simply too dependent on one industry. Let's also remember that many of the city's pension funds were heavily invested in mortgage backed securities and other unregulated derivatives rated AAA by agencies like Moody's and Standard and Poor's who were paid by the same companies they were rating. This has nothing to do with Democratic policy but keep on thinking that if you want.
Sure. Overly generous and unfunded pension plans are completely unrelated to the problem.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! Mayor Filner is accused of sexual harassment not any kind of perversion. That was the same thing that Herman Cain was accused of during the primaries and you defended him calling his accusers "gold diggers". Your hypocrisy is showing again Carol as well as your ignorance.
Just curious why you support this turd so strongly? If he resigned, he would just be replaced by another DemoKKKrat.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that explains why you haven't done it.
Loosey lunatic of the peanut brain bunch has she pshykoaTrick boof set up, she 'cepting yo ebt cawd so's ye don't have to keeps on tawrking to yew self.

Duhmmy.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol but your outrage is only when a Democrat gets caught. Where was it when Mark "Appalachian Trail" Sanford was elected to Congress. Call me crazy but I think that cheating on your wife is more serious than some unwelcome hugs or suggestive remarks. As you recall you defended Herman Cain when he was accused of the same thing. He not only sexually harassed women but also had an extra marital affair.
Yeah I just love it when fools like you blame the fall of the Roman Empire on "moral decay" when the fact is that it was at that time firmly under Christian control. There is however a parallel , Rome let its infrastructure; roads bridges and aqueducts deteriorate. It's the GOP that's been blocking any funding to repair ours and it's not getting any less expensive to deal with. That will be our downfall if we don't deal with it soon.
You mean the Mark Sanford who pushed for an amendment to promote economic development in the underserved region of the Appalachian Regional Commission because of excessive waste and duplication and who cheated on his wife like Bill Clinton and John F. Kennedy?

Guess you'd have no problem with the mayor of your city groping and tongue kissing your wife on the street and confessing he had a problem and "needed help" and would fight to keep him in office.

You are one of the reasons I fear for this country.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they sold themselves as, instead they're just adding to it. I don't believe they were all completely FOS from the start. I'm sure some went to DC with good intentions. Once there though, its all about the next election and who's gonna fund it. You and Carol aren't gonna fund it, not to any significant degree so I guess its gonna be agribusiness, big sugar, financials, and big oil.
The sad reality is that if Farm State Republicans voted against farm subsidies, the Democrats would use that as a club to drive them from office.

Nothing is likely without strong bipartisan agreement on a range of subsidies affecting both sides of the fence.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they sold themselves as, instead they're just adding to it. I don't believe they were all completely FOS from the start. I'm sure some went to DC with good intentions. Once there though, its all about the next election and who's gonna fund it. You and Carol aren't gonna fund it, not to any significant degree so I guess its gonna be agribusiness, big sugar, financials, and big oil.
The problem is farmers who vote more than agribusiness money.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Dale 176,925
Amy 8-23-14 1 hr Pippa 11
Abby 8-23-14 1 hr Pippa 6
10 shot, including 3-year-old, across city 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr texas pete 4,644
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr whatitis 3,914
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 2 hr Cordwainer Trout 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr PEllen 97,848

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 23 at 2:26PM CDT

•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••