Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
872,141 - 872,160 of 1,095,087 Comments Last updated 17 min ago

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Obamaphone

We've all heard this right-wing trope. That fact is the Lifeline Program was started in 1985 and expanded to pre-paid cell phones in 2005.

Now class, who can tell me who was President in 1985 and 2005 and wtf does that have to do with Obama?

The wingnuts won't read this but others may be interested:
http://www.fcc.gov/lifeline

Disclaimer: This is not an endorsement of the program so don't waste your time, I just like to illuminate the lies the right-wingers need to support their fckd up "ideology".

You're welcome.
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a difference between a pervert and molesting women?
He's the poster child of the moral decay in this country.
Stossel said the other night the similarities between the Roman Empire before it fell and what's going on in our own country are eerily similar. Higher taxes, bigger government, abuse of power, moral decay...
But he did say things are quite as bad as that here yet. He guesstimated another 18 years...kind of jokingly...I think.
Sure Carol but your outrage is only when a Democrat gets caught. Where was it when Mark "Appalachian Trail" Sanford was elected to Congress. Call me crazy but I think that cheating on your wife is more serious than some unwelcome hugs or suggestive remarks. As you recall you defended Herman Cain when he was accused of the same thing. He not only sexually harassed women but also had an extra marital affair.
Yeah I just love it when fools like you blame the fall of the Roman Empire on "moral decay" when the fact is that it was at that time firmly under Christian control. There is however a parallel , Rome let its infrastructure; roads bridges and aqueducts deteriorate. It's the GOP that's been blocking any funding to repair ours and it's not getting any less expensive to deal with. That will be our downfall if we don't deal with it soon.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

as far as the eye can see this morning...there is an overwhelming opinion concerning.....

Success for President Obama in Talking Trayvon Martin

President Obama surprised the White House press corps today when he dropped into the daily briefing to deliver remarks in the wake of George Zimmerman’s acquittal in Trayvon Martin’s killing. Alongside the week-long calls by many on the left for the President to personally address the issue, there had been hand-wringing on the right that whatever he could say would only further inflame the already impassioned and polarizing topic. So with whatever breath they could gather after reportedly greeting the President’s entrance with “woah!”, the press waited anxiously to hear the message he would deliver.

And the President nailed it.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/succes...

that opinion is overwhelming the 'opinion' coming from the right wing media.

you conservatives might as well realize that the voice of your media is one that is usually ignored, if not ridiculed, by the majority of Americans. we all realize that you think that people should just 'know all about Obama', but what they know to be the truth is not what is invented by the right wing media.

though that i must explain to some what we all learned in the last election speaks volumes to the fantasy world the right wing media has created, and the fantasy world that some wish to live in.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

President Obama did something Friday that he hardly ever does — and no other president could ever have done. He addressed the racial fault lines in the country by laying bare his personal anguish and experience in an effort to help white Americans understand why African-Americans reacted with frustration and anger to the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting of Trayvon Martin.

....It is a great thing for this country to have a president who could do what Mr. Obama did on Friday. It is sad that we still need him to do it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/20/opinion/pre...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Although his apparently unscripted comments in the White House press briefing room drew scorn and even accusations of racism from some on the right, he was right to try to lay out a constructive, nonpolitical path forward. It would have been a missed opportunity—a huge missed opportunity—if America had not heard firsthand from its first black president at a moment like this.

“Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago,” Obama said, an arresting start to 19 minutes of reflections unique in the nation’s history.

http://mobile.nationaljournal.com/whitehouse/...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Obama: Trayvon Martin Could Have Been Me

....Some commentators asked, afterward, if Obama was putting himself in the middle of a case where he didn’t belong. But his voice does belong in it, as many more voices do. Messages about not belonging have haunted this case from the beginning. When the police found Trayvon Martin’s dead body, they at first accepted not only that he didn’t belong in the neighborhood but that he didn’t belong anywhere, or with anyone; his parents had to come looking for him the next day, after an night of uncertainty, only to be pointed to his body. But he belonged anywhere in America, as the teen-ager he was and the adult he could have been.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/closere...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

President Obama speaks up for Trayvon Martin

....I was in the briefing room when the president said these words, and I will admit to a welling of the eyes. One of the reasons President Bill Clinton is so popular among blacks is because he spoke to them and about them in ways that were knowing. To have a president who looks like me and has lived the same experience I have and to say so before the nation was as overwhelming as it was historic.

But Obama wasn’t just talking to me or fellow African Americans. He was talking to all Americans.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/fiv... {%2210200401612710600%22%3A145 192329012687}&action_type_ map={%2210200401612710600%22%3 A%22og.likes%22}&action_re f_map=[]
Look at pot usage between blacks & whites.
Then look at the arrest comparison.
Yep, that's fair.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

His tone was flat, but his words conveyed the pain of a shared narrative. And in a case driven by optics — man and boy, hoodies you see and weapons you don’t — the sight of a black man speaking to the interior lives of black men while standing in front of the White House seal as his nation’s standard bearer, made for another powerful visual.

The constant suspicion that dog black men, that many African Americans believe dogged Martin on the night he was shot, were for a moment fully given voice by Obama.

“I just ask people to consider if Trayvon Martin was of age and armed, could he have stood his ground on that sidewalk?” the president questioned Socratically.“And do we actually think that he would have been justified in shooting Mr. Zimmerman, who had followed him in a car, because he felt threatened?”

For some, his remarks could have been titled: On being black and male in 21st century America.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style...
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Racism is just a form of ignorance, it isn't white or black. Obviously there are some uneducated and very disturbed individuals on this site. I would suggest you to direct your anger to their stupidity rather than skin color. It doesn't accomplish anything to use racist rhetoric to respond to racism.
I understand where you're coming from bro but, my post is not racist rhetoric, it's reality! Everybody on this thread ( republican) was coming after Obama's head saying " Obama's a racist! Why talk about this case? He don't care about what happens in his home state of Chicago!" He makes a speech yesterday directed at all of the black on black violence in inner cities &, the experiences which shape the eyes in which 1 group see justice &, how the next group sees it. After all the blaming of republicans, screaming" look at Chicago." He addresses the situation in his speech &, they still call him a racist. Now the claim is " he only spoke to one people." No he spoke to all people but, had a message for the same people these hypocrites where saying he didn't care about. It's a never ending cycle with these socks. They will always find fault in Obama's actions. There's only 1 reason for that &, politics has nothing to do with that! Not to mention, I'm called a negro on here on a daily basis so, I know where their heart lies!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

On Friday President Obama picked at America’s racial wound, and it bled a bit.

Despite persistent attempts by some to divest the Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman tragedy of its racial resonance, the president refused to allow it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/20/opinion/blo...

Hustontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> wow ,starting out the morning with ignorance I see. Zimmerman is no more white than your boy obama. A white person has a white mother and a white father, stop trying to justify your racist hate by trying to make zimmerman into something. he will never be.
Yep, out come the slurs. I knew you were a racist f*k.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Sonic,
The jury followed the letter of the law.
You people need to learn how to lead by example, and not by force.
Now give it a rest.

Hustontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text> You're lying, the jury says you're lying.
Since you idiots on the left obviously have no idea what "stalking" actually entails, here is the definition from the National Institute of Justice:
Stalking is conservatively defined as "a course of conduct directed at a specific person that involves repeated (two or more occasions) visual or physical proximity, nonconsensual communication, or verbal, written, or implied threats, or a combination thereof, that would cause a reasonable person fear."
NOTICE: the statement "involves repeated (two or more occasions)"
Where was Zman "stalking" the racist, violent, criminal thug Martin?
Look it up in the dictionary azzwipe. Ypu do know what one is, dontcha?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

President Obama made a surprise appearance in the White House press briefing room this morning to express his thoughts on the Zimmerman verdict and related matters including race and law. Fox News didn’t waste any time to begin smearing the President for having the gall to communicate to the American people his feelings on these subjects.

Apparently, the all too predictable hate mongers at Fox’s community web site, Fox Nation of Lies, believe it is appropriate for everyone to have an opinion on this case except for the President of the United States. Fox has already published commentaries from professional Obama-haters Sean Hannity, Charles Krauthammer, John Lott, Mark Levin, Rich Lowery, and more. But when the Obama speaks for himself, Fox leaps into full Obama Derangement Mode and speculates that his words alone are making things worse. And that’s after repulsive suggestions from the wingnut crowd that any criticism of the verdict was the work of “race hustlers”; that if anything happened to Zimmerman there would be blood on the hands of Obama, Eric Holder, and Al Sharpton; that advocates for Trayvon Martin were likely to incite riots across America; that Martin was a drug-addicted, thug who was responsible for his own death. And they don’t think that those statements will make things worse?

Obama’s comments demonstrated a breadth of understanding and compassion that these rightist instigators could never imagine. He made the events personal to many Americans at the same time as he reflected on the sort of solutions that should be considered.

The President also spoke about how things have improved over the years, but that there is still more to be done. How anyone could argue with these comments is mystifying. But how Fox can go even further than disagreement to assertions of exacerbating the problem is just plain absurd. It can only be explained by recognizing that Fox is fully vested in disparaging Obama regardless of what he does or says. And that being the case, it is safe to simply disregard anything Fox says about anything. We already know what their opinion is and we know that they are composing their attacks even before the President finishes speaking.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...

Hustontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Dispatchers are not the police, doesn't matter, the police can't order anyone around on the phone either, you're ignorant of the law. You're also cowardly, like virtually every other lib on here.
It was a police dispatcher.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Fox's Todd Starnes Goes On A Racial Rant Over Obama's Remarks About Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman

http://www.newshounds.us/foxs_todd_starnes_go...

Hustontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Actually the IRS admitted nothing about liberal groups. That is your propaganda, they were all approved in a timely fashion. The IG explained that, while liberal groups were on those lists, agents did not then single them out for additional scrutiny.
ook, dumbass, the IG was requested to look into targeting of conservative groups only. You are dumber than sh*t.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

The conservative reaction to Barack Obama’s speech on the Zimmerman case was immediately hysterical, hyperbolic and all too predictable. Pundits on the right launched into quick attacks accusing Obama of promoting divisiveness and discord. The defenders of white privilege, who seem to believe racism is dead unless it is people of color attacking white people, doubled down on charges of “reverse racism” with clueless comments that could only come from people who are willfully ignorant of American history.

White victimhood has become the cause du jour for many on the political right and nowhere was it more evident than in a tweet from influential conservative blogger Dan Riehl who tweeted “If you ever had any doubts, Obama is the first Racist in Chief.” In the delusional white mind of Mr. Riehl no president in our history has ever been as racist as Mr. Obama whose apparent verbal hate crime is that he had the temerity to point out that 35 years ago he was a black teenager. Wow, has any President ever done anything so racist in the history of our nation? Well, actually yes. Worse even. Much worse.

....let us not leave out Dan Riehl’s presidential hero, Ronald Reagan who stereotyped black “welfare queens” to rally aggrieved racist white voters to embrace his campaign. Prior to becoming President, Reagan opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965, calling them “humiliating” to the South. According to Lisa Mcgirr, in the book Suburban Warriors: The Origins of the New American Right, when Reagan campaigned for governor of California in 1966 he vowed to eliminate the state’s Fair Housing Act proclaiming that “if an individual wants to discriminate against Negroes or others in selling or renting his house, he has a right to do so.”

In his run for president in 1980, Reagan visited a county fair in Neshoba, Mississippi, near where three civil rights workers had been murdered by members of the KKK in 1964, and in front of a cheering crowd of white folks declared:“I believe in states’ rights”. His choice of location and his words were no accident. While in the White House, Reagan’s justice department supported Bob Jones University in its case seeking federal funds for institutions even if they discriminated on the basis of race. In 1983, when the supreme court ruled against the University, Reagan responded by de-fanging the Civil Rights Commission.

Apparently Dan Riehl and many of his fellow white conservatives have never recognized the racism of past presidents because the racial animus has never been directed at pale-faced people like him. Yes, the founding fathers and the faces that grace Mr. Rushmore were racists. Sure they lived in different times, but this does not somehow magically erase the racist label from their complex personal histories, just because many of their contemporaries were racist as well. What Riehl perhaps does not understand is that when you are wrapped in a cocoon of white privilege maybe you fail to see that owning slaves, forcing people off of their land at gunpoint and putting people in internment camps because of their race is racist even though the people being victimized are not the same color as Mr. Riehl. Dan may think that Barack Obama is the first “Racist in Chief”, but it is only because he is incapable of comprehending the forty-three white presidents who preceded Barack Obama as racist because their form of racism is identical to his.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/19/dan-ri...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with a half a brain, that could READ and Research for THEMSELVES, as well as THINK for themselves..that was not a poliTICal partisian bootlicking media spoonfed mindless DOLT-would be able to see how Iraq tied into the whole BIGGER picture...historically.
Despite what you Bush haters would like to say otherwise.
Duhmmy.
Well, that explains why you haven't done it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 176,656
Give Up Your Police State or Live Under It 10 min Dan Sanchez 1
Ron Paul: Mission Creep in Iraq...and Missouri! 19 min Ron Paul Institute 1
Internment Camps: U. S. Government Field Manual 32 min Gary North Videos 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 47 min Nono 3,894
Animal Rescue Group: Man Charged with Arizona M... (Oct '12) 48 min Shanaynay 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 49 min Mister Tonka 97,731
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE