Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949419 Jul 20, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they sold themselves as, instead they're just adding to it. I don't believe they were all completely FOS from the start. I'm sure some went to DC with good intentions. Once there though, its all about the next election and who's gonna fund it. You and Carol aren't gonna fund it, not to any significant degree so I guess its gonna be agribusiness, big sugar, financials, and big oil.
The sad reality is that if Farm State Republicans voted against farm subsidies, the Democrats would use that as a club to drive them from office.

Nothing is likely without strong bipartisan agreement on a range of subsidies affecting both sides of the fence.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949420 Jul 20, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they sold themselves as, instead they're just adding to it. I don't believe they were all completely FOS from the start. I'm sure some went to DC with good intentions. Once there though, its all about the next election and who's gonna fund it. You and Carol aren't gonna fund it, not to any significant degree so I guess its gonna be agribusiness, big sugar, financials, and big oil.
The problem is farmers who vote more than agribusiness money.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#949421 Jul 20, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Dumb Negro Loves Abuse From a half white Barrack Obama, How stupid can you be behind a half black President, Blacks are in love with their skin color, Blacks are enslaved on the Democrats Plantation, Blacks make great slaves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3zo318zHJoYXX
The Government Cheese and Non Sentient Welfare Crowd... The Blind Lead...
It's the culture...
The Government Cheese and Non Sentient Welfare Crowd:

Speshull uh "skills" inkludes sitting on they azzez with they hands out waiting fer palm greasing, drooling over anyone elses anything, while cawrling peoples homes trying to tell Honest wage earning, respectable WORKING class, living with in the means type people, where to find jawbs in this here oblamer ekonomy. No maff skills requireDUH.

Sorry slacketic, entitleMENTALed, lazy azzez.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949422 Jul 20, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
Obamaphone
We've all heard this right-wing trope. That fact is the Lifeline Program was started in 1985 and expanded to pre-paid cell phones in 2005.
Now class, who can tell me who was President in 1985 and 2005 and wtf does that have to do with Obama?
The wingnuts won't read this but others may be interested:
http://www.fcc.gov/lifeline
Disclaimer: This is not an endorsement of the program so don't waste your time, I just like to illuminate the lies the right-wingers need to support their fckd up "ideology".
You're welcome.
Regardless of who started this, the program is abusive and should be ended. Except maybe cell phones that can only call 9-1-1.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949423 Jul 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
His tone was flat, but his words conveyed the pain of a shared narrative. And in a case driven by optics — man and boy, hoodies you see and weapons you don’t — the sight of a black man speaking to the interior lives of black men while standing in front of the White House seal as his nation’s standard bearer, made for another powerful visual.
The constant suspicion that dog black men, that many African Americans believe dogged Martin on the night he was shot, were for a moment fully given voice by Obama.
“I just ask people to consider if Trayvon Martin was of age and armed, could he have stood his ground on that sidewalk?” the president questioned Socratically.“And do we actually think that he would have been justified in shooting Mr. Zimmerman, who had followed him in a car, because he felt threatened?”
For some, his remarks could have been titled: On being black and male in 21st century America.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style...
Obama is fanning the flames of a race war.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949424 Jul 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a police dispatcher.
If a "police dispatcher" told Dumbass Dave to blow his brains out, cop-worshipper Dave would comply.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#949425 Jul 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he should have addressed the problems within the black community. He didn't because this president even knows you can't help those who don't want to be helped. Better to let them be social outcasts, feel sorry for them and blame white society.
Maybe there's a reason people lock their doors when they see a black man approaching or a woman holds her purses tighter in an elevator with a black man.
Too many black men don't respect themselves and act accordingly, and people have to assume they have no respect for others either. It's the ones who don't who give the ones who do a bad name.
But Obama will keep the black bloc vote with his speech anyway. That was the whole intention behind sending NBC the memo to create a racially motivated case that didn't exist.
So by your understanding, I should look at all white people like racist for the ignorance of some. Is that what you're saying? I should definitely look at you like a racist, given the fact that all your role models were self proclaimed racist!, right?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949426 Jul 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
by force?
what does that even mean?
Street riots and looting

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#949427 Jul 20, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! Mayor Filner is accused of sexual harassment not any kind of perversion. That was the same thing that Herman Cain was accused of during the primaries and you defended him calling his accusers "gold diggers". Your hypocrisy is showing again Carol as well as your ignorance.
You notice it's only republicans who get raked over the coals for alleged inappropriate conduct even if it can't be proven. And many of them step down voluntarily or under pressure from other republicans.

But Clinton, Weiner, Spitzer, Frank and Filner - just to name a few off the top of my head - are defended to the teeth by liberals and remain in office untouched or are reelected.

Can brainwashed people be any more clueless? No, guess they can't. Nevermind.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#949428 Jul 20, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're making left field assumptions bro. I have a special love for white people like you. Allow me to correct you about Zimmerman being Hispanic. That's all false bro! It's stupid to me but, in this country, your are what your father is. He only claims Hispanic heritage because, it takes the racial aspect off the table as to why he felt Martin was suspicious. Then stalked , hunted, & killed a black teenager. Can't claim racial when, 1 minority kills another minority! He's subject to white privilege. Zimmerman's father, a Jewish judge for him off on aggravated assault on an officer, domestic violence, & a restraining order as a result of said domestic violence. All charges that would've prevented Zimmerman from owning a gun legally. Look bro, there's people like you that, happens to be white but are changing with the times &, America's population demographics. Then you have these conspiracy theorist racist, who mask as conservative but hate the fact that America is changing because, the more the population changes, the less their power in numbers votes mean. As I've said, I commend you for not following the flock in the light of justice & equality. That's the heart of a true American. It takes someone of pure heart to recognize the injustices &, fight forjustice. You'll see, you'll be ridiculed by your own race for taking such a stance. Their the true racist, claiming you don't belong because, your eyes are not biased by skin color. Don't let these guys lie to you. You are loved amongst my people!
Were you kicked in the head by a horse as a pickaninny?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#949429 Jul 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he should have addressed the problems within the black community. He didn't because this president even knows you can't help those who don't want to be helped. Better to let them be social outcasts, feel sorry for them and blame white society.
Maybe there's a reason people lock their doors when they see a black man approaching or a woman holds her purses tighter in an elevator with a black man.
Too many black men don't respect themselves and act accordingly, and people have to assume they have no respect for others either. It's the ones who don't who give the ones who do a bad name.
But Obama will keep the black bloc vote with his speech anyway. That was the whole intention behind sending NBC the memo to create a racially motivated case that didn't exist.
memo?

FOXbot leap of faith reasoning?

so who sent FOX the memo to try to deny that it was a racially motivated case?
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#949430 Jul 20, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>IfObama wasn't president, just an average Joe &, you didn't know his parents, what race would you say he is? Apply the same method to Zimmerman. I'm quite sure the results are different! All genes aside, Obama is black because that's who he self identifies with. He could say he's white all he wants, when he looks in the mirror, the truth in his reflection says otherwise! Can't say the same for Zimmerman. See it's ignorance to you because, in your eyes, you're wondering why he chose to self identify as black. Looking at the situation with a bias. Not understanding that, that choice was made for him at birth when his skin began to darken. I'm quite sure you would've been looking at his family strange when he was a child, he being the only black member of his family. White mother, white sister, & an adopted little African boy. Yea that's just what you would've thought, just like most folks that his family encountered. For some strange reason, you all like to lie to yourselves. Well you can't hold Obama responsible for your lies. What do you see when you look at Obama? What do you see when you look at Zimmerman? You can't be ignorant enough to believe that Johnson & Johnson would've paid for his defense had he been identified as Hispanic. Trust me, that claim was made by his attorney to take the racial aspect way from the prosecution. He quickly used his white heritage to get him out of trouble his entire life! It's clear, you believe in magic also huh!
Yep, this post confirms it. Maybe a vet can remove that horse's hoof from your cranium. If not, you might be able to get a deal on a neutering (and for that, we would be thankful).........
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#949431 Jul 20, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
The Government Cheese and Non Sentient Welfare Crowd:
Speshull uh "skills" inkludes sitting on they azzez with they hands out waiting fer palm greasing, drooling over anyone elses anything, while cawrling peoples homes trying to tell Honest wage earning, respectable WORKING class, living with in the means type people, where to find jawbs in this here oblamer ekonomy. No maff skills requireDUH.
Sorry slacketic, entitleMENTALed, lazy azzez.
Either You're a child that needs to grow up, a sad excuse for an adult, or a senior that has grown too much! Time will cure the first, hopefully!
A reality check will cure the second!
For the third, well there's onlyone thing that will cure that, death!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949432 Jul 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You notice it's only republicans who get raked over the coals for alleged inappropriate conduct even if it can't be proven. And many of them step down voluntarily or under pressure from other republicans.
But Clinton, Weiner, Spitzer, Frank and Filner - just to name a few off the top of my head - are defended to the teeth by liberals and remain in office untouched or are reelected.
Can brainwashed people be any more clueless? No, guess they can't. Nevermind.
Only a homophobe would criticize Bawney Fwank for running a male prostitution ring out of his Washington townhouse.

Shame on you.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#949433 Jul 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Street riots and looting
there were riots?

anything close to the right wing fear mongering?

no. resignation leads the day. even the liberals knew how it would turn out. we all knew Zimmerman would walk.'It was just a black kid for christ's sake!' just the usual from the land of the not so free and the home of the not so brave.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#949434 Jul 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Street riots and looting
Savage demokrats on a rampage...

It'd\s the culture...
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#949435 Jul 20, 2013
Ok leftist phags, its time for this morning's edition of "learning to spell with jeantel".

The word for this morning is "DOMINEERING".

Now, lets have rachel use it in a sentence:

"ma homegirl yolandas birthday yesterday, so I gits
her a domineering".......

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#949436 Jul 20, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I understand where you're coming from bro but, my post is not racist rhetoric, it's reality! Everybody on this thread ( republican) was coming after Obama's head saying " Obama's a racist! Why talk about this case? He don't care about what happens in his home state of Chicago!" He makes a speech yesterday directed at all of the black on black violence in inner cities &, the experiences which shape the eyes in which 1 group see justice &, how the next group sees it. After all the blaming of republicans, screaming" look at Chicago." He addresses the situation in his speech &, they still call him a racist. Now the claim is " he only spoke to one people." No he spoke to all people but, had a message for the same people these hypocrites where saying he didn't care about. It's a never ending cycle with these socks. They will always find fault in Obama's actions. There's only 1 reason for that &, politics has nothing to do with that! Not to mention, I'm called a negro on here on a daily basis so, I know where their heart lies!
You're still letting yourself be drawn into the phony race perspective these right wing morons are trying to establish. I agree that the dog whistles and outright bigotry expressed here is boorish but you can't let these idiots control the conversation. They fear and hate almost everyone, you're not really that special, no offense intended. Look at what they've done to the Republican party. Don't take what these deranged "conservatives" say personally, just have fun pointing out their lunacy.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949437 Jul 20, 2013
Helen Thomas, world-class Jew-hater whose career covering the White House dated back to the Kennedy administration, died on Saturday at the age of 92, the Gridiron Club announced in an email to members on Saturday.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#949438 Jul 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Kind of jokingly...I think..." was supposed to be a clue Stossel's guess upon being pressured wasn't to be taken seriously.
How long do you think we can survive a 17 trillion dollar deficit - soon to be 20 trillion; a growing and bloated government with a shrinking private sector; increased taxes when millions are still out of work and no jobs on the horizon; and abuses of power that go unpunished? Throw in moral decay for good measure before guesstimating your answer.
Those were the ingredients in ancient Rome before it fell.
A few more major cities going bankrupt leading to a domino effect...and wallah...we have to learn Chinese. At least you and all your liberal pals won't have to worry about being accused of undermining our new communist government or becoming political prisoners. You'd fit right in.
Yike, you claim to have been a school teacher? What did you teach? Shop?

"How long do you think we can survive a 17 trillion dollar deficit - soon to be 20 trillion;"

-You should ask George and his Republican congress (some of whom are still serving) what they're plan was when they took us off the surplus? In 2000 the CBO estimated the debt would be paid off by now.

" a growing and bloated government with a shrinking private sector;"

- Where's the private sector shrinking and how does the above relate to the Roman Empire?

" increased taxes when millions are still out of work and no jobs on the horizon;"

- Most people are paying lower taxes now than they were in 2008.

" and abuses of power that go unpunished?"

- Again, show the parallel with the Roman Empire.

" Throw in moral decay for good measure before guesstimating your answer."

- your comic book/movie version of history doesn't reflect real history. The Roman Empire was not as depraved as has been portrayed in pop culture.

I don't know if you just make this sht up or if you're just regurgitating right-wing talking points. Lemme ask you this: What did Stossel suggest would turn us around from "certain" collapse?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,304
Hanover Park Teen Charged In Weekend Stabbing (Jun '09) 21 min RIP Jahziel 44
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 30 min Frijoles 70,032
Abby 10-22 31 min PEllen 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 50 min Belle Sexton 50,609
Abby 10-20 52 min Mister Tonka 21
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr David 98,501
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]