Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1234658 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#949487 Jul 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Discipline and love go hand in hand. Discipline has to be fair and consistent with more love to balance it out.
Many liberal children have no idea if they're loved or not because no one cares to teach them boundaries and what is acceptable and unacceptable behaviors in society. So they push the envelope as far as it will go out of sheer frustration and anger.
The increasing violence in the public schools is the only place you have to look to understand this.
Children are much smarter than liberals when it comes to knowing the importance of discipline. Trust me. They respect adults who do and test those who don't - to the limit.
You can teach boundaries and values to your children without beating them, that's the moron's approach.

My kids were never beaten and they've all turned out really well.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#949488 Jul 20, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So the colored people need to just settle down and quit bein' all uppity and such?
I don't know what it's like where you live. But there is a disproportionate number of blacks where I live who look at most whites with distain and young people, especially, with an attitude of "kiss my black ass whitey".

So, yes, I am saying an uppity attitude and making people feel uncomfortable for nothing they have done to them personally does affect how their race is perceived as a whole by others.

No one likes feeling like they have to walk on eggshells around people who make them feel that way.

Not all black people do this - but definitely a disproportionate number of them do.

And it seems to get worse under Democratic leadership. It's like spoiled children supervised by permissive parents.

Too many whites have also forgotten how to be civil and kind in this world of anger and divisiveness as well.

Probably because it's being thrust on us from on high.

Location hidden

#949489 Jul 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt would prefer that they integrate into society and not continue to act as a separate nation.
Up to them, though.
Up to them?

Should they all get bleached of something?

The practice known as "passing" was illegal in many places until the CRA. That's when colored folks would dress themselves up to pass as white. It was a crime. The CRA didn't erase racism. What will erase it is the indoctrination our kids and their kids are getting from the entertainment industry. Its been going on for some time, I hope the backlash from Obama's election is the last gasp of racism in the US.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#949490 Jul 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If your car breaks down there, you're dead in five minutes.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

Local naybo'hood salespeeps must've had duh day orf lol.

Location hidden

#949491 Jul 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The city will probably include a poison pill, such as requiring the hiring of current employees and the honoring of union contracts.
Volunteer firefighters to supplement a few professionals would be a good area for community cooperation.
How can a bankrupt government impose its will?
proud2bwhite

United States

#949492 Jul 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, out come the slurs. I knew you were a racist f*k.
what slurs davey?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#949493 Jul 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The city will probably include a poison pill, such as requiring the hiring of current employees and the honoring of union contracts.
Volunteer firefighters to supplement a few professionals would be a good area for community cooperation.
The renaissance and destruction of Detroit and never elected a Republican Mayor in 60 years...

Give away 40 Acres and a Mule and it will no longer be a farm...

They can't blame their problems in Detroit on Republican, there are none...

It's the culture..
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#949494 Jul 20, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You can teach boundaries and values to your children without beating them, that's the moron's approach.
Sure they did. According to your moronic values...

Lying is OK.

Expecting others to carry your load is OK.

Baawwaahhhhh!!!!

Gee, "my kids turned out really well"!

Location hidden

#949495 Jul 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what it's like where you live. But there is a disproportionate number of blacks where I live who look at most whites with distain and young people, especially, with an attitude of "kiss my black ass whitey".
So, yes, I am saying an uppity attitude and making people feel uncomfortable for nothing they have done to them personally does affect how their race is perceived as a whole by others.
No one likes feeling like they have to walk on eggshells around people who make them feel that way.
Not all black people do this - but definitely a disproportionate number of them do.
And it seems to get worse under Democratic leadership. It's like spoiled children supervised by permissive parents.
Too many whites have also forgotten how to be civil and kind in this world of anger and divisiveness as well.
Probably because it's being thrust on us from on high.
I've lived all over the place and don't see it the same way you do but then I'm not a racist.

Speaking of getting out and seeing what the real world looks like I gotta quit screwing around on here and get out and do some stuff!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949496 Jul 20, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we're seeing it happen in Detroit, organic revolution is the revolution that will stick. While the city government is battling its fiscal issues I'm hoping that private investors will start offering services the city has to cut or suspend. Maybe the community will form co-ops to replace lost services.
Gonna keep an eye on it. I'm scheduled for New York next spring but I'm trying to finagle a project just outside of Detroit, last time I was there for four months. I can get the view from the ground. Besides, there's this awesome Romanian grill downtown.
Municipal bankruptcy is a limited tool.

Too many bankruptcies and responsible cities will be unable to obtain financing. But maybe a good thing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949497 Jul 20, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Barbara Walters is a lesbian?
Who'd have guessed?
Walters is gone as well.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#949498 Jul 20, 2013
Looks like the Democrats lost one of their hideous fellow bigots, Helen Thomas.

She was a poster boy for the Democrat Party.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949499 Jul 20, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
How can a bankrupt government impose its will?
The city government is still in place and fighting the state-appointed receiver at every step. Mayor Bing is the only official cooperating in any way.
proud2bwhite

United States

#949500 Jul 20, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>IfObama wasn't president, just an average Joe &, you didn't know his parents, what race would you say he is? Apply the same method to Zimmerman. I'm quite sure the results are different! All genes aside, Obama is black because that's who he self identifies with. He could say he's white all he wants, when he looks in the mirror, the truth in his reflection says otherwise! Can't say the same for Zimmerman. See it's ignorance to you because, in your eyes, you're wondering why he chose to self identify as black. Looking at the situation with a bias. Not understanding that, that choice was made for him at birth when his skin began to darken. I'm quite sure you would've been looking at his family strange when he was a child, he being the only black member of his family. White mother, white sister, & an adopted little African boy. Yea that's just what you would've thought, just like most folks that his family encountered. For some strange reason, you all like to lie to yourselves. Well you can't hold Obama responsible for your lies. What do you see when you look at Obama? What do you see when you look at Zimmerman? You can't be ignorant enough to believe that Johnson & Johnson would've paid for his defense had he been identified as Hispanic. Trust me, that claim was made by his attorney to take the racial aspect way from the prosecution. He quickly used his white heritage to get him out of trouble his entire life! It's clear, you believe in magic also huh!
if you look at zimmerman and see a white guy then your racism has made you blind, he looks hispanic.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#949501 Jul 20, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a difference between a pervert and molesting women?
He's the poster child of the moral decay in this country.
Stossel said the other night the similarities between the Roman Empire before it fell and what's going on in our own country are eerily similar. Higher taxes, bigger government, abuse of power, moral decay...
But he did say things are quite as bad as that here yet. He guesstimated another 18 years...kind of jokingly...I think.
I missed this post, had to borrow it from PD's reply. Too good to pass up.
Since the Roman Empire fell over the course of about 400 years by what methodology did Stossel arrive at the very specific "18 years"?
Its frightening that you purport to have been a public school teacher, proof enough that public education isn't worth it.
And this is a conservative 'educator!'
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#949502 Jul 20, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> what slurs davey?
Duh A Veys ears would fall off due to cultural ship yard lingo of "get out duh way mf'ers" due to those in a forced perpetual state of in a rush commuting lol.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#949503 Jul 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he should have addressed the problems within the black community. He didn't because this president even knows you can't help those who don't want to be helped. Better to let them be social outcasts, feel sorry for them and blame white society.
Maybe there's a reason people lock their doors when they see a black man approaching or a woman holds her purses tighter in an elevator with a black man.
Too many black men don't respect themselves and act accordingly, and people have to assume they have no respect for others either. It's the ones who don't who give the ones who do a bad name.
But Obama will keep the black bloc vote with his speech anyway. That was the whole intention behind sending NBC the memo to create a racially motivated case that didn't exist.
lol! As I said before, you 'know' so much without knowing!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#949504 Jul 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the Mark Sanford who pushed for an amendment to promote economic development in the underserved region of the Appalachian Regional Commission because of excessive waste and duplication and who cheated on his wife like Bill Clinton and John F. Kennedy?
Guess you'd have no problem with the mayor of your city groping and tongue kissing your wife on the street and confessing he had a problem and "needed help" and would fight to keep him in office.
You are one of the reasons I fear for this country.
So you run to the church where pedophilia is rampant for protection?

wow.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#949505 Jul 20, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Beating teaches the child that violence is the answer and solution the problem. I was never hit and I never hit my children.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#949506 Jul 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is fanning the flames of a race war.
Actually, that would be people like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min FastandFurious 190,309
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min litesong 53,511
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Doug77 6,012
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr teachable moments 99,578
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Graham Cracker 51,760
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 4 hr mrs gladys kravitz 7
have steroidsss in USA 5 hr Nail Alexander 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]