Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#949116 Jul 19, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
"shinningelectr0n"
on Tenzing...
I think 'IT' is a robot..
A dumb, stupid, idiotic robot!
A robot programmed for obnoxious failure.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#949117 Jul 19, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> i agree crime is crime it dosnt matter what color skin you wear,but when you have a group of people that are known to be a high risk when it comes to crime ,even you would pay attention when they came in. Its not racist its common sence.
I absolutely understand that. One must think about the root sources of crime; if we are going to continue to create an entire subculture of felons, then crime will increase. People have to eat and if doors are continually closed to people by the only legal way to totally discriminate against a person, then we get nowhere.
If people have a job and a place to live, then they will be less likely to commit crimes.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#949118 Jul 19, 2013
The GOP’s Misinformation Problem

Pete Wehner talks to a number of disaffected Republicans and reaches this conclusion:

As one person pointed out to me after our conversation, the mood was based less on the policy stands of the Republican Party, less on substance, and more on emotion. What has happened, as best as I can tell, is that the re-election of Barack Obama, as well as Democratic gains in the Senate, had a shattering effect on the confidence many Republicans have in the GOP. Their view seems to be that if the Republican Party couldn’t defeat a failed president like Obama or make gains in the Senate in a year that should have favored Republicans [bold mine-DL], it is manifestly inept.

Wehner doesn’t directly address the assumptions behind this dissatisfaction. Doing so would show that one reason that many Republican voters are so unhappy with their party is that many of their political leaders and pundits spent the better part of the last four years telling them falsehoods. Some of this was done to flatter the audience, and some of it was done to manufacture outrage, but all of it served to mislead Republican voters. I suppose many Republicans take it as axiomatic that Obama was a “failed president” in his first term, but it is very important for Republicans and conservatives to distinguish between actual failure and the implementation of an agenda that they oppose.

Most Americans didn’t perceive Obama to be a failure by the time the 2012 election happened, so a campaign message that took this for granted was not going to work very well among non-partisans. The assumption that 2012 “should have favored Republicans” was also mistaken. Many Republicans were certain that Obama was doomed because of slow economic growth and high unemployment, so it didn’t occur to them to pay attention to models that showed that Obama was always the slight favorite in the race. Romney’s loss shouldn’t have come as the major shock that it was for so many people, and Republican losses in Congress shouldn’t have, either. Thanks to bad information being repeated and reinforced by conservative media outlets on a daily basis, many Republicans had unrealistic expectations of victory, and then were even more disappointed by defeat than they normally would be.

If most Republicans had been much more skeptical of excessively optimistic predictions, at the very least they would have been prepared for a loss. As it was, most conservative media outlets didn’t reliably offer realistic assessments of Republican candidates’ chances, and they continued to encourage Republican voters to believe things that were demonstrably untrue about the political landscape to the very end. If the GOP suffers from the mistaken impression among its supporters that it lost the 2012 election through sheer ineptitude, the party’s leaders and media boosters deserve a lot of the blame.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
I Like Chicken SO WHAT

Waynesboro, MS

#949119 Jul 19, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> i agree crime is crime it dosnt matter what color skin you wear,but when you have a group of people that are known to be a high risk when it comes to crime ,even you would pay attention when they came in. Its not racist its common sence.
Oh the irony...

Lapeer, MI

#949120 Jul 19, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
Profiling is a common sense survival response. Period. No racism involved.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

Profiling saves innocent lives.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#949121 Jul 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
If Trayvon Martin killed Zimmerman and claimed self defense; would he not have been arrested and charged?
You got it!

There WAS that!
with ...
Mr. George Zimmerman
WAS
charged ...
ARRESTED ...
released on Bail ...

Went to TRIAL ...

NOT GUILTY verdict!
Self Defense
NOT
stand your ground!

THAT IS THE WAY the United States Justice System W~O~R~K~S

WHY do you 't' supporters WANT to CHANGE it!

It's THERE for EVERY *RACE* that is a *Citizen* of the United States of America !!!

Anything else!?!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#949122 Jul 19, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> yes ,racism exist and there are closed minded people,such as those who believed the lie that zimmerman was white and decided that made him a racist and guilty ,all why ignoring and without any concern for the multitude of blacks killing one another.
Zimmerman was obviously not the typical white guy, I get it. However, he bought into the vigilantism of the gun culture.
Having a gun becomes the ultimate solution to a problem. He became the poster boy for the gun nuts. His life is fked, even if he was found not guilty. If he didn't have a gun; there'd have been a fist fight, no one would have died. He has to live with that for the rest of his life, and furthermore, I think he has some serious underlying issues of inadequacy as a man.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#949123 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
I think it would be a phenomenal experience for you and I hope you follow your dream. Island people are different and you might be surprised at how accepting and inclusive black islanders can be.
Do it Carol, I'd admire you for doing so.
You do know I've been around black people all my life, don't you?

And that my daughter's roommate in New York was black and stayed in our home? And my husband's best friend is black and has been in our home along with his wife and we've been in theirs and visited with their family and even went to the movies together.

And half of the members in my church are black?

And that I've had black friends and very much like being around many others?

Are you from the same planet as Elijah Cummings? He's the kind of black person who falls into the insane category. Right behind you.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#949124 Jul 19, 2013
Evil WalMart...

"...Wal-Mart boasts that “75% of its store management started as entry-level hourly associates, and they earn between $50,000 and $170,000 a year — similar to what firefighters, accountants, and even doctors make.” And similar to what an assistant professor earns at Princeton University —$94,000 — and many Wal-Mart managers make even much more than that."

hahahaahahah! Store manager earning more than a Professor.....

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2013/07/wal-mart-des...

Location hidden

#949125 Jul 19, 2013
More VA J J hating from Walmart...

"...career opportunities at Wal-Mart, consider the case of 50-year old Patricia Curran, until recently Wal-Mart’s executive vice president of people, and listed by Fortune Magazine in 2006 as one of the 50 most powerful women in the US. She was also listed by the Wall Street Journal as one of the “The Top 50 Women to Watch 2006.”

At age 20, Ms. Curran started her career at Wal-Mart as an hourly associate in the pet department, and was subsequently promoted to department manager, assistant manager, co-manager, store manager, regional personnel manager, district manager, operations coordinator, regional vice president, divisional merchandise manager, senior vice president of Wal-Mart store operations, executive vice president of Wal-Mart store operations, and was most recently promoted to executive vice-president of people in 2007. Although going from hourly associate to the senior management ranks of Wal-Mart is certainly not typical, it nonetheless illustrates the significant career advancement opportunities available at the world’s largest retailer, and helps explain why more people apply per job opening at Wal-Mart than students apply per opening at Princeton."

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2013/07/wal-mart-des...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#949127 Jul 19, 2013
@ lily boca raton fl

AND ...
In my opinion ...
With the "same" *evidence* presented at trial ...
REVERSED ...

T would have LOST!

Murder - FIRST Degree!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
I Like Chicken SO WHAT

Waynesboro, MS

#949128 Jul 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You miss the point entirely. And intentionally.
This is but one story I relate here regarding the race issue. There are many more across my lifetime involving blacks doing and saying really stupid things towards whites. I was robbed many times by blacks. Attacked at knife point and survived.
I am not alone in this and you know it.
Although I can also relate a generally equal amount of pleasant, warm and thankful encounters with blacks, the point you intentionally continue to sidestep is that the Magic Negro's speech is nothing more than tripe he preaches to his racist choir base. Instead, you will keep railing on about white racism until posters here are ear-bleeding.
Let's here it from your trailer: "Je-r-r-y, Je-r-r-y, Je-r-r-y"
"You lying muthafúcka!". The "wolf" that cried "sheep".

Lapeer, MI

#949129 Jul 19, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
If black culture produces an extremely high crime rate, why is the conversation constantly diverted toward whites?

If I was black and had to deal with people recognizing the black crime problem - like Oprah did in Paris - I would be very upset. But, if I was honest with myself, I would not blame this issue on whites in NY, Paris or Paolo Alto but on black culture's refusal to deal with it.

If my daughter became a prostitute or if my son became a drug dealer, it would be very convenient of me to blame someone out there for their life choices, wouldn't it?

Black culture has been programmed for many generations to blame someone else in knee-jerk fashion for its internal failures. The Jesse Sharptons and the Magic Negro's play on this defect to a crescendo of racial screeching and rational folks are growing weary of hearing it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#949131 Jul 19, 2013
The Obama administration and transparency...

Benghazi survivors sign 'keep mouth shut' NDAs...

"According to trusted sources that have contacted my office, many if not all of the survivors of the Benghazi attacks along with others at the Department of Defense, the CIA have been asked or directed to sign additional non-disclosure agreements about their involvement in the Benghazi attacks. Some of these new NDAs, as they call them, I have been told were signed as recently as this summer."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/congressm...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
I Like Chicken SO WHAT

Waynesboro, MS

#949133 Jul 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it!
There WAS that!
with ...
Mr. George Zimmerman
WAS
charged ...
ARRESTED ...
released on Bail ...
Went to TRIAL ...
NOT GUILTY verdict!
Self Defense
NOT
stand your ground!
It's THERE for EVERY *RACE* that is a *Citizen* of the United States of America !!!
Anything else!?!
Arrested 44 days later.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#949134 Jul 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, he confuses the issue. Talking about the Stand Your Ground law and "what if Trayvon had had a gun..." when the Stand Your Ground law wasn't even introduced in this case.
He has no idea what he's doing or even what he's saying.
I want this president to be forced to resign. The sooner, the better.
This lawyer President is not a lawyer nor a President.

He is a fool smoking on a dynamite train and laughing about it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#949135 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
What a liar. You're so tone deaf to reality you can't see it. This is the lead in to the story that you left out so you could turn your post into a lie because your ideology can only stand on the support of lies:
"Today marks six months since the September 11, 2012 terrorist attacks on the U.S. compounds in Benghazi, Libya in which four Americans were killed, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens. Some watchdog groups, members of the media and Republican members of Congress are asking:"
You see that? CBS was reporting the news, not making it up like you're used to on Fox.
You obviously need a remedial course in reading and comprehension.

If you actually READ that article, you would have been able to comprehend CBS News clearly reported their OWN frustrations in trying to get more information THEMSEVLES about Benghazi and the survivors an clearly stated the White House all but told them to kiss off.

And that CBS News THEMSELVES tried to get information through the Freedom of Information act without any success.

But here, try this.

See Spot run.
See Jane run.
See Spot and Jane run.

Now who was running?
A. Spot.
B. Jane.
C. Spot and Jane.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#949136 Jul 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it!
There WAS that!
with ...
Mr. George Zimmerman
WAS
charged ...
ARRESTED ...
released on Bail ...
Went to TRIAL ...
NOT GUILTY verdict!
Self Defense
NOT
stand your ground!
Anything else!?!
Bullsh!t! Trayvon would still be in jail.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#949137 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
I think it would be a phenomenal experience for you and I hope you follow your dream. Island people are different and you might be surprised at how accepting and inclusive black islanders can be.
Do it Carol, I'd admire you for doing so.
But, yes, Lily, I'm sure I would find island people accepting and inclusive. It wouldn't be a surprise though because that's why I'd want to go there. Too many blacks here look at me like I'm a southern democrat plantation owner.

And accuse of me of being a racist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#949138 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
I absolutely understand that. One must think about the root sources of crime; if we are going to continue to create an entire subculture of felons, then crime will increase. People have to eat and if doors are continually closed to people by the only legal way to totally discriminate against a person, then we get nowhere.
If people have a job and a place to live, then they will be less likely to commit crimes.
They don't understand, it's not about race, it's about opportunity. Homer grew up poor and while I am not suggesting I can relate to being a black person in America but it's a fcking struggle when you are poor. I cannot even imagine being a poor black person, not much to look forward to.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min TRD 68,662
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,409
Amy 10-24 35 min Toj 10
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min grave digger 47,499
Abby 10-24 1 hr Mister Tonka 22
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 50,634
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr scirocco 70,102
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]