Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#949038 Jul 19, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Man STFU! Dick Cheney shot dude in the face while supposedly hunting , that's reckless! Basically the system is telling her that she should've shot her husband. Then &, only then can she claim SYG. For you to sit there & say some dumshit like that is, beon ignorant. I'm the asshole for expecting more from you!
Oddly enough, if she had killed him and claimed self defense, she'd be free like Zimmerman. Victim is dead, can't talk.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#949039 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Figured you for that sort of juvenile response.
Prescriptions for heroin? Since when?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#949040 Jul 19, 2013
Should read www.fpl.com/environment/solar/martin

I should probably proof read once in a while knowing that the likes of Bronach are lurking here.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#949041 Jul 19, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Over his term, 1.557 trillion was added to the debt.
What is your point? No one said Clinton never had debt, dumbass. The point being he left office with a surplus that Bush turned into massive debt.
but Clinton could not of had a surplus if that debt increased every year, which it did. There never was a surplus, it is another liberal pipe dream. Propaganda at its finest. Hey they got all you dumb ones to believe...Hope and change Hope and change. I am Traygone. Blah blah blah. People like you believe anything.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#949043 Jul 19, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
I called president nobama and asked him to send rain. He said fuckyou. I guess he isn't God.
Peace
KMA
Forgot to add that you spelled his name wrong. It's President Barack Obama. Get it right next time old timer.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#949044 Jul 19, 2013
Or maybe not
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#949045 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rep. Frank Wolf, R-Va., is calling on the Obama administration to explain why the survivors of last year's deadly attack in Benghazi, Libya, were reportedly asked to sign non-disclosure agreements that prevent them from talking about the attack.
In a letter to Secretary of State John Kerry, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and CIA Director John Brennan, Wolf said his office has received reports that some survivors of the attack were asked to sign the confidentiality agreement as recently as this summer.
"If these reports are accurate, it would raise serious questions about additional restrictions the State Department has placed on those with knowledge of the Benghazi attacks,"
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/19/re...
"If these reports are accurate."
'if': the FOX journalistic standard.
That's where Aunt Batty got it from
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949046 Jul 19, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever this means......
Open new businesses, build new housing, etc.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#949047 Jul 19, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"usa since 2013"
Population of Detroit less than 40% of population in 1960. Nearly 80,000 abandoned buildings, 9.2 billion in unfunded pension liabilities, 18 billion in accumulated debt. A true story of inept democrat leadership. That leaderships mantra, protect the unions fuckthe taxpayers.
Peace
KMA
Sounds like a Liberal Utopia to me. The liberal experiment failed.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#949048 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens to water that lands on solar collectors, does it burn up or something?
Grade school physics might be your salvation, bro.

I expressed a concern about whether or not Solar(whatever version) and cistern use is compatible. Snow and Ice buildup beneath panels (PV, Hot Water or otherwise) is always a concern and, even with just water alone, weight, thermal movement and structural stress can present water problems in roofs.

A roof covered in simple tiles is far less problematic than one tiled with solar boxes, panels, sealed circuits, etc.

So it comes down to either/or. Keep it simple, Stupid
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949049 Jul 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Cisterns can be problematic. In urban areas, water run-off will be heavily polluted so collection only from roof-tops would be feasible. Rain washes the atmosphere during its nucleation and on it's way down. How clean is today's urban rainwater?
But where do you then place the Solar Panels? Can rooftop run-off be compatible with Solar Installations?
In suburbs and even in rural areas water run-off can be polluted with chemical over-sprays. Again, rooftop collection only.
But, again, where do you then place the Solar Panels? Under the Wind Farms shading the ground-cover causing desert fields and dust storms?
A cistern for every 100 acre farm is reasonable but a cistern on every rooftop in America shortchanges the aquifers. This cheating of the groundwater sources also happens with Municipal Storm Sewer containment designs. Aquifer depletion is a big problem across the country and especially in the Southwest....
There are no free lunches.
Cisterns for watering lawns and gardens, located at ground level.

Urban runoff does little to replenish aquifers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949051 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
A Michigan judge on Friday ordered Detroit's emergency manager to withdraw a federal bankruptcy petition filed on behalf of the city, Reuters reported.
State Circuit Court Judge Rosemarie Aquilina ruled that the law allowing Gov. Rick Snyder (R) to authorize the bankruptcy filing was unconstitutional, according to Reuters. Aquilina ruled in favor of Detroit retirees and workers who argued the Michigan Constitution protected the retirement benefits in their city pension funds.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...
the right wing unconstitutional law parade gets shutdown again.
Bankruptcy is a federal court filing.

This judge will get bitch-slapped.

Lapeer, MI

#949053 Jul 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Good! Did he add a GFY too?
Nope. He's askeered of Tea Party types and fears retribution from patriots.

He hides behind Valerie's skirt.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#949054 Jul 19, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>but Clinton could not of had a surplus if that debt increased every year, which it did. There never was a surplus, it is another liberal pipe dream. Propaganda at its finest. Hey they got all you dumb ones to believe...Hope and change Hope and change. I am Traygone. Blah blah blah. People like you believe anything.

I understand it must be diffcult to be as GD dumb as you are. When they talk about Clinton balancing the budget, it was for certain years.

Budgets go by fiscal year.

No one has ever claimed Clinton had a balanced budget his entire term.
tell_it_like_it_ is

Oklahoma City, OK

#949055 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
He knows you've been calling him "boy", so tough shyt for you.
God doesn't like racists and haters.
...and you are a nun!...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949056 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think its likely at all. They still operate within budgets but their employees aren't motivated towards cost saving efficiencies.
OK.

The point is to understand the costs and how they can be controlled.

If we can believe another poster here, the head of the city water department would just sit back and do vision planning, confident that his managers were doing a great job.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#949057 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Oddly enough, if she had killed him and claimed self defense, she'd be free like Zimmerman. Victim is dead, can't talk.
Imagine seconds of BEATING ...
OF ...
ya head on concrete!
==========

The beating lasted until Zimmerman shot Martin.

How long was Zimmerman beaten before he fired his gun? One witness called 911 while the assault took place.

The tape of that call runs 38 seconds, during which a voice is heard in the background repeatedly screaming for help.

According to the caller, the screaming had prompted her to call 911.

How long the screaming lasted before she called is unknown.

But,

adding that time - however long - to the 38 seconds on the tape establishes that the *allegedly* trigger-happy, bloodthirsty Zimmerman had been pinned to the ground taking a beating for 38-plus seconds before finally resorting to deadly force.

By this measure, Zimmerman acted with great restraint.

http://articles.philly.com/2013-06-10/news/39...

NOT G~U~I~L~T~Y ...!!!

WHAT PART OF THAT ...
do you 't' supporters
NOT comprehend ???

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#949058 Jul 19, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> President Barack Obama's news conference illustrated his brilliance and compassion for all parties involved in the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman tragedy.
Considering the stir he and/or President Jarrett created - directing NBC to create a racially charged case that didn't exist - I must say his little speech was quite nice.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949059 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
A Michigan judge on Friday ordered Detroit's emergency manager to withdraw a federal bankruptcy petition filed on behalf of the city, Reuters reported.
State Circuit Court Judge Rosemarie Aquilina ruled that the law allowing Gov. Rick Snyder (R) to authorize the bankruptcy filing was unconstitutional, according to Reuters. Aquilina ruled in favor of Detroit retirees and workers who argued the Michigan Constitution protected the retirement benefits in their city pension funds.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...
the right wing unconstitutional law parade gets shutdown again.
...and the alternative to bankruptcy is what?

Lapeer, MI

#949061 Jul 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Cisterns for watering lawns and gardens, located at ground level.
Urban runoff does little to replenish aquifers.
Well, that's the point about urban runoff. It can't go anywhere but into a storm drain. Not much exposed soil to enter into.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 min edogxxx 98,349
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min litesong 47,022
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 39 min Frijoles 69,523
PerfettoPerformanc2010 on eBay 43 min BarefootJoe 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 178,603
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 50,046
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Wolverine33 4,743

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]