Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#949009 Jul 19, 2013
The host of "Fox News Sunday" Chris Wallace rebutted the suggestion made by some conservatives that President Barack Obama was stoking racial tensions by wading so deeply into the the issue of the George Zimmerman verdict on Friday.

"I thought he was trying to help both sides of the divide understand, and I thought he was especially moving when he talked about the new generation, talked about his daughters and the idea that the new generation, the upcoming generation, is better than people of our ages were in the sense they're more color blind, they don't see whites see black or blacks see whites as much of a threat," the veteran journalist said on Fox News.

"I thought he was trying to deal with it in a forthright fashion," he added. "Whether it was his race speech during the 2008 campaign or other speeches, this is when the President can be most effective. The speech he gave after the senseless shooting of Gabby Giffords in Tucson about violence in our society--Boy, I sure don't see how you can read this as in any way stoking racial tensions."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/f...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#949010 Jul 19, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> zimmerman is no more white than barack obama.stop playing the victim, if a person act like a thug that person will be looked at as a thug,if a person has a record that starts in 3rd grade that person will be treated as a thug. instead of worrying and complaining about how the criminal courts treats blacks why don't you look at the real problem and teach young blacks how to behave and not commit crime.the prison system would not ave an 83%_black population if blacks did not break the law and stayed out of court in the first place.
Personal responsibility is not a valued trait in black culture.

Communal greed is.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#949011 Jul 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Bubba got a piece in the Oval Orifice while Congress looked out for our prosperity. Good times for all.
You didn't buy that BS Gingrich was shoveling during his last presidential run did ya?

If you look back at the budgets, spending kept apace with the bracketing years throughout the surpluses.

Oh, and Gingrich was only in office for the first few months of the first surplus year before resigning.

Increased revenues led to the surpluses.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#949012 Jul 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I don't think it, I know it. A good manager has confidence in the abilities of those he has placed as department heads and in their ability to manage their departments and budgets without his interference. Obviously, he meets with department heads on a regular basis but not to discuss the day to day operations or personnel matters. It's about budgets, projects and future vision. That is the way government works.
It is obvious you have never managed a damn thing in your life. It appears, as though, you may have never worked a damn day in your life.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#949013 Jul 19, 2013
A Michigan judge on Friday ordered Detroit's emergency manager to withdraw a federal bankruptcy petition filed on behalf of the city, Reuters reported.

State Circuit Court Judge Rosemarie Aquilina ruled that the law allowing Gov. Rick Snyder (R) to authorize the bankruptcy filing was unconstitutional, according to Reuters. Aquilina ruled in favor of Detroit retirees and workers who argued the Michigan Constitution protected the retirement benefits in their city pension funds.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...

the right wing unconstitutional law parade gets shutdown again.

Location hidden

#949014 Jul 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Confirmed. Fox News has roughly 3 millions viewers. I do believe that qualifies as a raging ignorant mob of millions.
Ya got me there.

Lapeer, MI

#949015 Jul 19, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
I called president nobama and asked him to send rain. He said fuckyou. I guess he isn't God.
Peace
KMA
I called president nobama and asked him to stop playing the Race Card.

He called me a creepy-ass cracka and hung up. Just like his son.
tell_it_like_it_ is

Oklahoma City, OK

#949016 Jul 19, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Being a dumazzz is a trade you practice son.
You're such an expert at it!
no....you libatards are the best....

teat suckling Liberals! you are so damn dumb...

you have to vote for politician to teach you how to clean your nasty ball sacks!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#949017 Jul 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In California, where much of EMS is through the fire department, a fire engine shows up along with the ambulance, a complete waste of time and money.
"John Galt"
Same as in Washington.
Peace

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#949018 Jul 19, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> zimmerman is no more white than barack obama.stop playing the victim, if a person act like a thug that person will be looked at as a thug,if a person has a record that starts in 3rd grade that person will be treated as a thug. instead of worrying and complaining about how the criminal courts treats blacks why don't you look at the real problem and teach young blacks how to behave and not commit crime.the prison system would not ave an 83%_black population if blacks did not break the law and stayed out of court in the first place.
I get it.

Walking down a sidewalk on the way to where your father is staying is acting like a thug . What? if you're black??? My God what a piece of racist trash you are.

Location hidden

#949019 Jul 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. In the water supply case, a private company would likely charge higher rates than the city, even though they might be more efficient. Government typically has no real idea what their services cost, and rarely include pension costs in the cost of service.
I don't think its likely at all. They still operate within budgets but their employees aren't motivated towards cost saving efficiencies.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#949020 Jul 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fire me? Fire me? I quit!
Don't worry, Homer. The tax credit I get for employing you out weighs your poor editing skills.

Location hidden

#949021 Jul 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
A Libertarian and a Republican working on a solution for the plight of Detroit. It would be nice if our government worked like you two.
Can we get back to bickering now?
Up yours Homer.

Better?

Lapeer, MI

#949022 Jul 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Confirmed. Fox News has roughly 3 millions viewers. I do believe that qualifies as a raging ignorant mob of millions.
Your severe cognizance limitations keeps you at NBC and thinkprogress but this doesn't mean Fox viewers are bad people because of your restricted horizons.

Ask a therapist to explain it to you.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#949023 Jul 19, 2013
Fox Manufactures White House Link To IRS Controversy

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/07/19/fox-m...

very old news.
proud2bwhite

United States

#949024 Jul 19, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>In This country, you are what your father is. His father is white. He's privy to white privilege. Evidenced by his father getting his record for assault on an officer expunged along with his domestic violence charges that would've prevented legally owning a gun. So you think Johnson & Johnson would've funded his defense of he were considered Hispanic? You have to see things from black people eyes. The majority of white people see this type of injustice & say & do absolutely nothing. Meanwhile, it's happening to black folks on a daily basis. So, for the most part, it's you're either with me or against me! Y'all take it as racist because, you self identify the the true target of black folks frustrations. It just so happens that, the system is run by elite level white folks & the fact that most of y'all remain silent is like involuntarily siding with the elites. When I say elites, I mean from the top of the top, down to the court system where all white folks are privy to white privilege & blacks get crucified! If you're honest with yourself, you know I'm right!
thake a look at the case in the link, its exactly what you have been saying zimmerman is guilty of. the one big diference is no one claimed the killer was white so there was no national news coverage,outrage or protest. The only reason you give a shit about trayvon is you were lied to and believed a white guy killed him. The outrage the black community has for zimmerman is pure racism based on the lie about him being a white man.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/0...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#949025 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't buy that BS Gingrich was shoveling during his last presidential run did ya?
If you look back at the budgets, spending kept apace with the bracketing years throughout the surpluses.
Oh, and Gingrich was only in office for the first few months of the first surplus year before resigning.
Increased revenues led to the surpluses.
...and then the dot com bubble burst.

Location hidden

#949026 Jul 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Cisterns can be problematic. In urban areas, water run-off will be heavily polluted so collection only from roof-tops would be feasible. Rain washes the atmosphere during its nucleation and on it's way down. How clean is today's urban rainwater?
But where do you then place the Solar Panels? Can rooftop run-off be compatible with Solar Installations?
In suburbs and even in rural areas water run-off can be polluted with chemical over-sprays. Again, rooftop collection only.
But, again, where do you then place the Solar Panels? Under the Wind Farms shading the ground-cover causing desert fields and dust storms?
A cistern for every 100 acre farm is reasonable but a cistern on every rooftop in America shortchanges the aquifers. This cheating of the groundwater sources also happens with Municipal Storm Sewer containment designs. Aquifer depletion is a big problem across the country and especially in the Southwest....
There are no free lunches.
What happens to water that lands on solar collectors, does it burn up or something?

Location hidden

#949027 Jul 19, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I say you're an idiot. As far as your post goes, it's her body, right?
<when she starts stealing for her bullet addiction, then that will be a valid comparison>
Figured you for that sort of juvenile response.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#949028 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
A Michigan judge on Friday ordered Detroit's emergency manager to withdraw a federal bankruptcy petition filed on behalf of the city, Reuters reported.
State Circuit Court Judge Rosemarie Aquilina ruled that the law allowing Gov. Rick Snyder (R) to authorize the bankruptcy filing was unconstitutional, according to Reuters. Aquilina ruled in favor of Detroit retirees and workers who argued the Michigan Constitution protected the retirement benefits in their city pension funds.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...
the right wing unconstitutional law parade gets shutdown again.
Nice!! Did the Governor gamble with the pension funds like Jeb Bush did?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Dale 182,176
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 27 min Mandela 71,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 58 min Religionthebiglie 51,304
Fight at Navy Pier 1 hr joey 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr positronium 49,362
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 3 hr Tim 146
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr Breezy _Soul 4,797
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?