Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,581)

Showing posts 871,601 - 871,620 of1,034,184
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Lee Atwater Story

Forest, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax, the only people Obama is helping is Wall Street fatcats and green energy scam perpetraters.
You mean "Jews".
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

In Second Term, Obama Is Seen as Using ‘Hidden Hand’ Approach
By PETER BAKER
WASHINGTON — In the nearly two weeks since Egypt’s military seized power, President Obama has promoted a better federal bureaucracy, given a medal to George Lucas of “Star Wars” fame and had former President George Bush to the White House for lunch. What he has not done is publicly address the violent upheaval in Cairo.
That is not to say Mr. Obama is uninvolved. In the privacy of the West Wing, away from the cameras, he has made calls to leading figures in the Arab world and has met with advisers trying to influence the crisis. But his low public profile on issues like immigration, Syria and health care underscores a calculated presidential approach that admirers consider nuanced and detractors call passive.
While other presidents have put the bully in the bully pulpit, Mr. Obama uses his megaphone, and the power that comes with it, sparingly, speaking out when he decides his voice can shape the trajectory of an issue and staying silent when he thinks it might be counterproductive. In his first year, the president seemed to be everywhere, talking about everything. In his fifth year, he is choosing his opportunities — even if it appears he is not always in command of events.
Some compare Mr. Obama’s approach to the “hidden hand” style of President Dwight D. Eisenhower, who often steered events behind the scenes without being public about his role. Jim Newton, the author of “Eisenhower: The White House Years,” a book with back-cover blurbs from Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and Secretary of State John Kerry, said Mr. Obama was like the former president in avoiding major international conflict, relying more on covert action and letting Congress take the lead in legislation.
“In those senses, Obama does appear to me to be taking a page from Eisenhower’s playbook,” Mr. Newton said.“What I don’t know, however, is how aggressively Obama is working out of view on these matters. The essence of Eisenhower’s hidden hand, of course, is that there was real work going on that people didn’t know at the time. If that’s true now, then Obama really is emulating Ike. If, on the other hand, he’s simply doing nothing or very little, that would be passivity, not hidden-hand leadership.”
Susan Eisenhower, a granddaughter of the late president, said it might be too soon to tell.“Eisenhower’s hidden-hand means of meeting his objectives was not really evident until his papers were opened, many decades after he left office,” Ms. Eisenhower said.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You're headed into "lame stupid fck" territory.
And you are standing in the dark at the corner of Clueless and Childish dressed like Little Bo Peep waiting for some Liberal to drive by and pick you up.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Your getting worse by the minute, boy.
I sense you have a violent BM in the pipeline. RUN!
That explains his obsession with different shades of brown.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
The poster clearly stated the jury found Zimmerman "not guilty". You twist that statement into "since Martin was black, he must be guilty". Who's the real racist?
... in response to a previous post, keep up or shut up.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Your getting worse by the minute, boy.
I sense you have a violent BM in the pipeline. RUN!
LOL, that baby is nosing out ever so gently. Calling swilly!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The gun was in his back. How could he have shot Martin in the heart if Martin was on top?
The jury women were dummies
Nah, it probably happened that way but I'm leaning towards the idea that Zimmerman may have had the gun out before he hit the ground. Otherwise, how did he draw it with Martin straddling him?
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You can hardly read the Ingredients Label on a bag of Skittles and *YOU'RE* going to lecture someone on their favorite topics and their life's experiences?
Go talk to your sister Racial Jeantel.
Jeantel got so frickin fat because the chubby chinaman has been rustling her up pots of low-mein....

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Try "not possible to say for sure". The evidence only points to the fact that George was wimp (that WAS his defense) who got into something he couldn't handle.
This is what throttles me: after all these years of watching you people foolishly try to disguise your very obvious racism, the fact that you reflexively fault the dead black kid brings it into glaring relief yet y'all still deny it.
Accept it!
Embrace your racism!
You'll feel better if you come out like Retard Fred.
Martin had the same right to defend himself; the bare facts of the case do not refute that.
Go play with your Law Degree, boy.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
That punk-ass Zimmerman had reason to fear for his life every day he spent on earth. Allowing every cowardly right wing cowboy to shoot everyone they are afraid of is pure lunacy. Paranoids like DBWriter would wage war from his bunker with postmen, paperboys, census takers, UPS, pizza delivery boys and any other person that crosses his path.
Oh...go change your pants, miss hissy.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Stevie Wonder is blind inside and out.
And a racist pig.
Stevie Wonder reacts to George Zimmerman verdict while performing in Quebec ,Canada. Stevie Wonder as one of America's leading cultural ambassadors should be listened to. http://youtu.be/3i9GSbwgvcQ
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax, the only people Obama is helping is Wall Street fatcats and green energy scam perpetraters.
Bravo, you are a great american....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm waiting for the Magic Negro to start issuing Night Drones to all Neighborhood Watch programs. They can silently shoot the Neighborhood Watch Captains from the dark sky so his sons can escape.
Now class, this nitwit would have you believe that he's (???) not a racist. Just like all the others, they don't recognize it because its so ingrained or inbred.

Its pathetic and has no place in any discussion.

That's why people make fun of you retard.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the ones like Obama who like to swing both ways?
The Magic Negro has never met a person he couldn't love.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a great video of another druggie negro thug getting capped after literally breaking down a door to try and rob and murder a female store owner. Good times!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
What was that I was saying earlier about racists cherry picking news stories and youtube videos to affirm their conviction that brown people are guilty by nature?

Of all the races here, whites commit most of the crime in this country.

Its pretty simple.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hatred for hispanics is deeply inbred.
I'm actually quite fond of Hispanics having spent a great deal of time in Mexico, Panama, and having lived in S. America.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
... then as a Republican you should love him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are standing in the dark at the corner of Clueless and Childish dressed like Little Bo Peep waiting for some Liberal to drive by and pick you up.
Is that really all you can bring to the table?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
GZ was a thoughtful, peaceful, caring, helpful person, TM was a nasty little racist slug on his way to prison or an early, violent death, gawd you're dumb.
Thank goodness the little racist criminal didn't get that illegal gun he was after.
He was a paycheck to paycheck loser with a criminal record. Why do y'all ignore that? Oh yeah, he isn't black.

I know who you are now. You're the retarded cow I lost interest in last week.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
What was that I was saying earlier about racists cherry picking news stories and youtube videos to affirm their conviction that brown people are guilty by nature?
Of all the races here, whites commit most of the crime in this country.
Its pretty simple.
I agree with your final statement, mainly because anglos are 78% of the US population. However when we look at the rate of violent crimes per capita, its not even close (as negroes hit that one outta the park). You know it, I know it, and the Dept of justice knows it (although they try to avoid saying it any way they can).

Anything else?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 871,601 - 871,620 of1,034,184
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,603
Amy 4-19 15 min PEllen 12
Abby 4-19 22 min Julie 17
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 28 min Chicagobunny 47,068
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 65,120
Cook County issues 1,000th gay marriage license 1 hr Evilgelicalling 6
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Whiny1 4,030
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr edogxxx 96,137
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••