Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#949134 Jul 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, he confuses the issue. Talking about the Stand Your Ground law and "what if Trayvon had had a gun..." when the Stand Your Ground law wasn't even introduced in this case.
He has no idea what he's doing or even what he's saying.
I want this president to be forced to resign. The sooner, the better.
This lawyer President is not a lawyer nor a President.

He is a fool smoking on a dynamite train and laughing about it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#949135 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
What a liar. You're so tone deaf to reality you can't see it. This is the lead in to the story that you left out so you could turn your post into a lie because your ideology can only stand on the support of lies:
"Today marks six months since the September 11, 2012 terrorist attacks on the U.S. compounds in Benghazi, Libya in which four Americans were killed, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens. Some watchdog groups, members of the media and Republican members of Congress are asking:"
You see that? CBS was reporting the news, not making it up like you're used to on Fox.
You obviously need a remedial course in reading and comprehension.

If you actually READ that article, you would have been able to comprehend CBS News clearly reported their OWN frustrations in trying to get more information THEMSEVLES about Benghazi and the survivors an clearly stated the White House all but told them to kiss off.

And that CBS News THEMSELVES tried to get information through the Freedom of Information act without any success.

But here, try this.

See Spot run.
See Jane run.
See Spot and Jane run.

Now who was running?
A. Spot.
B. Jane.
C. Spot and Jane.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#949136 Jul 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it!
There WAS that!
with ...
Mr. George Zimmerman
WAS
charged ...
ARRESTED ...
released on Bail ...
Went to TRIAL ...
NOT GUILTY verdict!
Self Defense
NOT
stand your ground!
THAT IS THE WAY the United States Justice System W~O~R~K~S
WHY do you 't' supporters WANT to CHANGE it!
It's THERE for EVERY *RACE* that is a *Citizen* of the United States of America !!!
Anything else!?!
Bullsh!t! Trayvon would still be in jail.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#949137 Jul 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it would be a phenomenal experience for you and I hope you follow your dream. Island people are different and you might be surprised at how accepting and inclusive black islanders can be.
Do it Carol, I'd admire you for doing so.
But, yes, Lily, I'm sure I would find island people accepting and inclusive. It wouldn't be a surprise though because that's why I'd want to go there. Too many blacks here look at me like I'm a southern democrat plantation owner.

And accuse of me of being a racist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#949138 Jul 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely understand that. One must think about the root sources of crime; if we are going to continue to create an entire subculture of felons, then crime will increase. People have to eat and if doors are continually closed to people by the only legal way to totally discriminate against a person, then we get nowhere.
If people have a job and a place to live, then they will be less likely to commit crimes.
They don't understand, it's not about race, it's about opportunity. Homer grew up poor and while I am not suggesting I can relate to being a black person in America but it's a fcking struggle when you are poor. I cannot even imagine being a poor black person, not much to look forward to.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#949139 Jul 19, 2013
Obama:'Trayvon Martin Could Have Been Me'

Too bad he wasn't.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
I Like Chicken SO WHAT

Waynesboro, MS

#949140 Jul 19, 2013
killtaker wrote:
The Obama administration and transparency...
Benghazi survivors sign 'keep mouth shut' NDAs...
"According to trusted sources that have contacted my office, many if not all of the survivors of the Benghazi attacks along with others at the Department of Defense, the CIA have been asked or directed to sign additional non-disclosure agreements about their involvement in the Benghazi attacks. Some of these new NDAs, as they call them, I have been told were signed as recently as this summer."
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/congressm...
They're protecting "Israel". Duh! Just like "Israeli double agent" "Edward Snowden". Only point the finger at the "U.S.", never ever Israel.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#949141 Jul 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
But, yes, Lily, I'm sure I would find island people accepting and inclusive. It wouldn't be a surprise though because that's why I'd want to go there. Too many blacks here look at me like I'm a southern democrat plantation owner.
You are racist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949142 Jul 19, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Evil WalMart...
"...Wal-Mart boasts that “75% of its store management started as entry-level hourly associates, and they earn between $50,000 and $170,000 a year — similar to what firefighters, accountants, and even doctors make.” And similar to what an assistant professor earns at Princeton University —$94,000 — and many Wal-Mart managers make even much more than that."
hahahaahahah! Store manager earning more than a Professor.....
http://www.aei-ideas.org/2013/07/wal-mart-des...
The store manager works a lot harder.

Or maybe not...he just sits in his office, confident that his department managers are doing a great job, without checking up on them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#949144 Jul 19, 2013
Hate crime?

"@GayPatriot .sounds like TM was afraid of gays... And that by definition is homophobia. TM throw 1st punch at "gay" Zimmerman. Hate crime?"

http://www.gaypatriot.net/2013/07/16/trayvon-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#949145 Jul 19, 2013
I Like Chicken SO WHAT wrote:
<quoted text>Arrested 44 days later.
Should NEVER have been!
You see WHAT it COST!?!

WASTE
for ALL Americans ...
Since WE are in dire straits "economically" ANYHOW!

Financially ...
and OTHERWISE!

As you are living IT ... NOW!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#949146 Jul 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bullsh!t! Trayvon would still be in jail.
WHAT part of WHAT I said ...
do YOU NOT understand!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#949147 Jul 19, 2013
I Like Chicken SO WHAT wrote:
<quoted text>They're protecting "Israel". Duh! Just like "Israeli double agent" "Edward Snowden". Only point the finger at the "U.S.", never ever Israel.
Ghost, the Jew-hating black draft dodger, returns again.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ctz

Riverside, CA

#949148 Jul 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Obama:'Trayvon Martin Could Have Been Me'
Too bad he wasn't.
be careful that can be interpreted as a threat against the president! Shame on you !
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#949149 Jul 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Profiling is a common sense survival response. Period. No racism involved.
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Profiling saves innocent lives.
Coming from someone known to say dumshit, I shouldn't be surprised!
It's not racist to profile an ethnic group for the crimes committed by a small percentage? So, even without using your ideology as a launching pad, you're a racist but, using your ideology, all black people should view all white people as racist! Is that what you're telling me? You sir are a moron. The fact that you feel the need to dispel or, crime what's racist & what's not, proves your racist nature without question.
I Like Chicken SO WHAT

Waynesboro, MS

#949150 Jul 19, 2013
Ctz wrote:
<quoted text> be careful that can be interpreted as a threat against the president! Shame on you !
He works for "Obama".

Wink, wink.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#949151 Jul 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
And then they vote for Obama who doesn't really care one way or the other about them except to exploit their own problems instead of help them find solutions, keep them dependent on democrats and get their vote.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
I Like Chicken SO WHAT

Waynesboro, MS

#949153 Jul 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Should NEVER have been!
You see WHAT it COST!?!
WASTE
for ALL Americans ...
Since WE are in dire straits "economically" ANYHOW!
Financially ...
and OTHERWISE!
As you are living IT ... NOW!
WHAT THE FÚÇK ARE YOU TALKIING ABOUT? You ever heard of QE3?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCN Llin

United States

#949154 Jul 19, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> yes ,racism exist and there are closed minded people,such as those who believed the lie that zimmerman was white and decided that made him a racist and guilty ,all why ignoring and without any concern for the multitude of blacks killing one another.
So in your mind Jews killed each other
and thus the Holocaust does not count?

Illogical

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCN Llin

United States

#949155 Jul 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering the stir he and/or President Jarrett created - directing NBC to create a racially charged case that didn't exist - I must say his little speech was quite nice.
This is malarky :-)
LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 1 hr Cracker Jack 90
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr red and right 187,430
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr red and right 52,897
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Cold Front 69,715
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Whiny1 5,919
Important! 5 hr Vote 1
Dear Abby 4-27-15 6 hr mrs gladys kravitz 10
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]