Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#948794 Jul 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic! Of course they were doing something wrong! They're black, walking, driving, shopping, jogging....all illegal if you're black.
You're ignorance is astounding. Anyway, the VP of NBC, Val Nichols spoke on Hardball last night, as well as Michael Steele; about their experiences with police because of their color.
Take a look and a listen; or will you just say "they're just being sensitive"?
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3036697/ns/msnbc-ha...
So are you seriously saying black people are the ONLY ones who have a right to feel they're the ONLY ones being treated unfairly by the police?

The overly sensitive reaction and overreaction by black leaders alone tells the story.

Sometimes I can't believe my ears when Travis Smiley and Al Sharpton say some of the unbelievably outrageous things they say.

But how do you feel about Barack Obama telling the Benghazi survivors to keep their mouths shut about what happened and them signing a nondisclosure agreement so we won't know what Obama obviously doesn't want us to know?

There's no other possible reason he would want them to sign that kind of agreement.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#948795 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Once Gov. Rick Snyder (R) signed the law and appointed Orr, Detroit’s city contracts and public properties were subject to Orr’s sole discretion. Orr began selling off large chunks of public property, even attempting to sell off the city’s art collection until the state Attorney General blocked him
(Mitts probably buying the whole state that he and Anne grew up in;
planning to rename it Mittchigan)
If given the opportunity, any black resident or politician inside the city of Detroit would sell that artwork in the blink of an eye for untraceable cash. It's just mostly fancy art created by old white cracka's anyways. Who cares?

But from a political standpoint, the argument against the sale makes Detroit sound like it is a "cultural center" of the Midwest and worthy of salvation.

Why did Motown and Berry Gordy get the hell outta there? Because art, any form of art, is the antithesis of what Detroit is today.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948796 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Detroit offers an opportunity to experiment without a city government. Won't happen but I'd like to see them sell off city assets and privatize all services. There's been an influx of tech start-ups, downtown has become an entertainment hub and the landscape is literally changing with urban farms taking over entire neighborhood blocks. Development of the world's largest urban farm is underway.
I would move there. Imagine living in a city with no government and no right-wingers (too little government, too many brown people)!
Many fail to understand that Detroit is like a family whose credit cards are all declined when they go to the grocery store.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#948797 Jul 19, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again, you say blacks are incompetent. Racist f*ck that you are.
I thought you right whiners were all about democracy.
Michigan is a top ten ten with the most debt.
How would you right whiney azzholes think if Obama declared Michigan a state of emergency & sent Rahm Emanuel to be king of Michigan?
You would have a GD fit. " OMG OMG Obama is taking away the vote of the people! OMG OMG OMFG"
This is why you people are dumber than sh*t.
Michigan isn't in a state of emergency. It's only the city of Detroit, you fucking idiot.

How about nobody do anything and just let a city that continually gives itself cancer die?

How about changing something. If you don't change anything, only an idiot would expect something different.
Democrats instituting so-called "progressive" regressive policies caused Detroit to self destruct.
You won't change anything if you don't change politics.

Let Detroit die. Move the Tigers to Indianopolis. Move the Lions to Toronto. That's the only thing anyone cares about in Detroit.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#948798 Jul 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The net result of a bailout would be to delay the bankruptcy for a while, but Detroit will still lack the funds for current expenses.
Would Homer loan money to Detroit?
You asking me for money? <click> Please hold for the next available operator.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#948799 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Detroit offers an opportunity to experiment without a city government. Won't happen but I'd like to see them sell off city assets and privatize all services. There's been an influx of tech start-ups, downtown has become an entertainment hub and the landscape is literally changing with urban farms taking over entire neighborhood blocks. Development of the world's largest urban farm is underway.
I would move there. Imagine living in a city with no government and no right-wingers (too little government, too many brown people)!
On a much smaller scale Baltimore nearly crashed and burned years ago and turned to some unique programs to pull solid citizens back into the city. The efforts must have been successful eh?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#948800 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you trying to kid?
You fooled Homer?
How 'bout when you knuckleheads come on here crowing about a DJIA drop or warning of $7/gal GAS!!!!
Flack has to be under a suicide watch every time the markets post record gains or gas drops below $3/gal.
To be fair she did fool me, 4 years ago I did not realize she was a pathological liar.
LCN Llin

United States

#948801 Jul 19, 2013
House of Representatives Republicans passed a version of the long-delayed farm bill last week that upset the apple cart because it was missing a key political ingredient — the food-stamp program.

A part of the bill since the 1970s and which helped smooth its passage, the removal of food stamps raised concerns among low-income families, farmers and lawmakers in both parties.

Q: What is the food-stamp program?

A: Known officially as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP for short, and administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, it is designed to alleviate hunger and improve nutrition among low-income families. It also aims to encourage them to spend food dollars more economically.

Q: How does it work?

A: Users buy food and related items with special debit cards. Alcohol and tobacco purchases are prohibited. As of April, the program had nearly 48 million participants, a nearly 3 percent increase from a year ago.

Q: Who qualifies?

A: Households must earn less than 130 percent of the federal poverty guideline and have assets of less than $2,000. For a family of four, this would mean an annual income of less than $31,321, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services poverty guidelines.

Low-income people who are disabled or age 60 and older are exempt from gross income requirements but must have assets less than $3,250.

Q: How much does it cost?

A: This year the cost was $78.4 billion, up from $20.6 billion in 2002.

Q: Why are food stamps in the farm bill?

A: The USDA has always been charged with overseeing nutrition policy, dating back to 1939 when Congress enacted the first food-stamp program to help distribute food amid widespread unemployment near the end of the Great Depression. It became part of the farm bill in the 1970s. Urban lawmakers supported the legislation’s nutrition policies, while rural lawmakers favored its price supports for crops such as wheat and cotton.

Q: Why did House Republicans remove food stamps from the farm bill?

A: Both parts of the farm bill — food subsidies and nutrition — have grown over time and became targets of the growing influence inside the House Republican caucus of tea-party supporters and others who want to cut federal spending.

Passing a farm policy-only bill was an attempt to get something passed — an earlier attempt in June failed — and into a House-Senate conference committee. Lawmakers then would try to produce a compromise version between the House bill and an earlier version passed by Senate, which does include the longstanding nutrition programs.

House Agriculture Committee Chairman Frank Lucas, R-Okla., said the House bill was the first step toward enacting farm policy that allows lawmakers to start “on a path forward that ultimately gets a farm bill to the president’s desk.”

Q: Were other nutrition programs eliminated in the House bill, too?

A: Yes. Republicans also dropped the Emergency Food Assistance Program, as well as others aimed at children, seniors and Native Americans. President Obama warned lawmakers that he would veto any bill that doesn’t include nutrition policy.

Q: How likely is it that food stamps and other nutrition programs will be part of the final bill?

A: Hard to say. Even if a conference committee produces a bill, there’s no guarantee that it would pass both chambers, despite Obama’s veto threat. Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., chairwoman of the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry, said there is little support for passing separate bills: one for farm policy and one for nutrition and aid programs.

“It would be a major mistake in policy and it would be a major mistake in getting a bill done,” she said in a Monday conference call with reporters.“It wouldn’t get done.”
LCN Llin

United States

#948802 Jul 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If given the opportunity, any black resident or politician inside the city of Detroit would sell that artwork in the blink of an eye for untraceable cash. It's just mostly fancy art created by old white cracka's anyways. Who cares?
But from a political standpoint, the argument against the sale makes Detroit sound like it is a "cultural center" of the Midwest and worthy of salvation.
Why did Motown and Berry Gordy get the hell outta there? Because art, any form of art, is the antithesis of what Detroit is today.
"If you have no links or examples to offer then be a good consumer and go watch TV, airhead." - shinningelectr0n
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#948803 Jul 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you seriously saying black people are the ONLY ones who have a right to feel they're the ONLY ones being treated unfairly by the police?
The overly sensitive reaction and overreaction by black leaders alone tells the story.
Sometimes I can't believe my ears when Travis Smiley and Al Sharpton say some of the unbelievably outrageous things they say.
But how do you feel about Barack Obama telling the Benghazi survivors to keep their mouths shut about what happened and them signing a nondisclosure agreement so we won't know what Obama obviously doesn't want us to know?
There's no other possible reason he would want them to sign that kind of agreement.
Stay on topic.

Here is Val Nicholas oped:
I could have been Trayvon Martin

Opinion

I grew up in a military family and we always lived in middle class neighborhoods. I was an honor student in high school as well as a student athlete running track. I even had an after-school job to earn spending money. That said, twice as a teen, I ended up looking down the barrel of police guns for no other reason that I happened to be a black teenager. I had completely forgotten about these incidents but the Zimmerman verdict opened that door again.

The first time, I was merely waiting for a bus to go to my job. Suddenly two California Highway Patrol vehicles jumped over the concrete middle island and they came screaming to a halt on either side of me kicking up a huge cloud of dust.

It was the first time I came to realize that being black was not just a magnet for racist speech and actions directed at me but also could also cost me my life had I responded to a normal human being’s natural fight or flight instinct.

http://thegrio.com/2013/07/18/i-could-have-be...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#948804 Jul 19, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>On a much smaller scale Baltimore nearly crashed and burned years ago and turned to some unique programs to pull solid citizens back into the city. The efforts must have been successful eh?
Baltimore is a great city, Homer was just there a couple months ago, the inner harbor was packed with people and thriving.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#948805 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Then explain why it is that though usage among whites and blacks is about the same percentage around 70% of marijuana arrestees are black?
Then explain why it is that 70% of marijuana arrests are black when usage among blacks and whites is about the same percentage?
DOJ released a study a few years ago that demonstrated that, in death penalty cases, the color of the victim greatly influenced whether or not the guilty received the death penalty.
Yeah, there's no racism anymore.
Just to be fair that shows how useless the Civil Rights Act was and still is. Can't legislate morality, you just drive it underground.
Links. Where did you pull these numbers from?

thinkprogress? mediamatters? George Soros' Limo Driver?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

How do you know that marijuana usage is the same between whites and blacks? How many polls have you done?

Eric Racist Holder runs the DOJ so all and every piece of data is now racially biased. Get used to the George Zimmerman Effect.

Big fat grey areas are where Liberal Gobbledegook flourishes.

..and your childish posts.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#948806 Jul 19, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Breaking news ... "President Obama is to blame for everything".
Same old song just different day
LOL

Okay, let's pretend for a minute.

President Romney, his Republican Secretary of State and his Republican Ambassador to the UN start a lie about a terrorist attack on 9/11 right before an election leaving four Americans dead and continue to perpetrate that lie for weeks afterwards.

President Romney asks survivors of this terrorist attack to sign a Nondisclosure Agreement to remain silent about what they know.

President Romney says in front of a conservative crowd "punish our enemies" and almost immediately the IRS targets liberal citizens, donors and organizations en masse interrogating them in a manner that clearly violates their constitutional rights.

President Romney, after targeting his political enemies using the IRS, is discovered to also have access to his political enemies' personal data as well.

If we weren't pretending, you know as well as me, a President Romney would be fighting to remain in office because the liberal media would have crucified him a hundred times over already.

May I call you "oh, clueless one" from now on if you still don't get it?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#948807 Jul 19, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Breaking news ... "President Obama is to blame for everything".
Same old song just different day
LOL
For Obama to be blamed for anything, he'd actually have to do something.
Obama is a candidate for the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on human society in the history of civilization.
Let's look at his resume:

Poor student at Occidental, from where he claims to have transferred to...

Columbia University where there is no record of Obama ever having been on the campus and nobody in his class ever met him, after which he moved to...

Chicago where he meets Vernon Jarrett and William Ayers, then he is admitted to...

Harvard University where nobody has a clue what he did, after which he moved back to Chicago where he...

Was a community organizer and never saw the inside of a court room as a lawyer before he was put on the faculty of...

University of Chicago Law School where the real faculty there descirbes Obama as, and I quote, "lazy and unqualified", after which...

Obama starts his political career in the home of the communist terrorist William Ayers...

And the rest is a history of a lack of doing anything up to today.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#948808 Jul 19, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Michigan isn't in a state of emergency. It's only the city of Detroit, you fucking idiot.
How about nobody do anything and just let a city that continually gives itself cancer die?
How about changing something. If you don't change anything, only an idiot would expect something different.
Democrats instituting so-called "progressive" regressive policies caused Detroit to self destruct.
You won't change anything if you don't change politics.
Let Detroit die. Move the Tigers to Indianopolis. Move the Lions to Toronto. That's the only thing anyone cares about in Detroit.
Typical Republican mindset cut and run especially when their fellow Americans are involved. But Iraq, we must invade/destroy/rebuild and make them a Democracy. You idiots kill me. The Lions already play in Pontiac. As an aside, you are a complete azzhole, no offense.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948809 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted a link for you yesterday, in FL you can even get a concealed carry license with a criminal record. I looked it up once for you, its your turn to do your own work.
Galt is not all that interested in Florida law.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#948810 Jul 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
4 out of any four black prison inmates claim their innocence.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ......
Can I sell you some Snake Oil, madame?
thinkprogress is a joke and you fit right in to their clientele.
Ask Trayvon what he was doing with a bag of women's jewelry and he'll tell you he found it on the street and he's just looking for the rightful owner.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ......you are a sucker, lily.
Make that Sucker(w/a capital "S")
gFy with a capital "F" you racist swine
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948811 Jul 19, 2013
Survivor of SFO plane crash was murdered by union thug...no arrest yet.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#948812 Jul 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush bankrupted Detroit
His Great Recession didn't help.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#948813 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Stay on topic.
Here is Val Nicholas oped:
I could have been Trayvon Martin
Opinion
I grew up in a military family and we always lived in middle class neighborhoods. I was an honor student in high school as well as a student athlete running track. I even had an after-school job to earn spending money. That said, twice as a teen, I ended up looking down the barrel of police guns for no other reason that I happened to be a black teenager. I had completely forgotten about these incidents but the Zimmerman verdict opened that door again.
The first time, I was merely waiting for a bus to go to my job. Suddenly two California Highway Patrol vehicles jumped over the concrete middle island and they came screaming to a halt on either side of me kicking up a huge cloud of dust.
It was the first time I came to realize that being black was not just a magnet for racist speech and actions directed at me but also could also cost me my life had I responded to a normal human being’s natural fight or flight instinct.
http://thegrio.com/2013/07/18/i-could-have-be...
She can't stay on topic, that is a sure loser for her. Aunt 'Whac-A-Mole' Batty - http://the3amfeed.blogspot.com/2013/04/it-fee...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Guru 182,171
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 18 min Religionthebiglie 51,304
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,268
Fight at Navy Pier 1 hr joey 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr positronium 49,362
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 2 hr Tim 146
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr Breezy _Soul 4,797
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?