Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#948706 Jul 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Republicans hate Detroit. They are overjoyed about it's current financial woes. Republicans only care about themselves. Very selfish people overall.
See, you're already up to you knees in the democrats River of Despair. Wade on out of there and I'll find you a towel.

Who in their right mind would be "overjoyed" at other people's misery?

That would be your fellow waders, Homer, who keep ignoring the dangerous breach in the dam.

We're trying to warn you what's coming. Detroit is just the first Democratic-infested city to drown under the rising water.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#948707 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I just watched the Juror 54 interview on Hannity. Where'd you get the idea he was black? His hands look awfully white to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rOXJlh3RiVcXX
I said the same thing yesterday and was shouted down. His hands are whiter than mine. Of course, Homer nicely tanned this time of year.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948708 Jul 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Good news! Maybe Georgie can go buy one on the street now and get caught.
George can buy a gun legally, just like any other citizen without a criminal record.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#948711 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Detroit is Paying Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr a Quarter Million to File for Bankruptcy
Maybe it’s just me, but I thought Orr’s purpose was to be our salvation. To save us from ourselves. To make a way out of no way. For a quarter million dollar salary I damned sure expected more than this, even if he did sign on to assist Gov. Snyder in stealing democracy from his own citizens. You mean to tell me there isn’t even honor among thieves anymore?
In a tweet today, Orr said,“We’re changing the culture of entitlement here in Detroit, Michigan.”
By filing for bankruptcy? Really?
No, Kevyn. Last I heard, we’re still entitled to a democracy. That’s the thing about theft; the rightful owner doesn’t mind putting up a fight to get back what’s rightfully his.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/18/detroi...
I have to agree with Orr. They are changing the culture of entitlement in Detroit. First, they bankrupt the city so there's no money for entitlements. Then they watch all the people who have depended on those entitlements their entire lives die out.

Democrats are going to end entitlements. After they finish bankrupting the country, there won't be any money for anyone to get any entitlements, just like Detroit.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#948712 Jul 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I don't think it, I know it. A good manager has confidence in the abilities of those he has placed as department heads and in their ability to manage their departments and budgets without his interference. Obviously, he meets with department heads on a regular basis but not to discuss the day to day operations or personnel matters. It's about budgets, projects and future vision. That is the way government works.
The concept the Obama should be overseeing all these people all the time and have constant contact is asinine. Clearly none of these people posting have ever managed anyone.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#948713 Jul 19, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the state's attorney lying under oath to railroad Zimmerman into a court room? Don't you think that's a violation of Zimmerman's civil rights?
How about that radical left wingnut judge that tried to orchestrate a guilty verdict and abused Zimmerman's rights to the 5th Amendment. Don't you think that's a violation of Zimmerman's civil rights?
Holder has to do something to prove they haven't abandoned their ghetto base. It's all show.... move along. nothing to see here.
You keep making that claim.

The only person we know whose lied is Zimmerman.

And that was to a judge no less!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948714 Jul 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Republicans hate Detroit. They are overjoyed about it's current financial woes. Republicans only care about themselves. Very selfish people overall.
Does Homer support a US taxpayer bailout of Detroit labor unions and bondholders?

The bill is only $18 billion.

The few people remaining in Detroit are largely unaffected by the bankruptcy.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#948716 Jul 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
I went down to the local Republican Party office, asked them if I could join, told them I was pro-choice, believed women were equal(if not better) than men, said I did not believe in God and thought we should continue to feed the poor.
They told me to get the hell out.
Maybe you shouldn't have been wearing your "I (heart) Al Qaeda" t-shirt, moron.

Orlando, FL

#948717 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
She asked how much it was to move to St. Croix last night!!
Guess she didn't check that she'd be a minority there! And the other moran wants to move to Ecuador!! Let's buy them tickets to go! They've probably never left the country in their lives.
You're obviously already up to your neck in your party's flood waters.

What could possibly make you think I'd have any problem whatsoever living among people of a different color - as long as they were sane? Like I told you last night?

I'd have a much more difficult time living among people like you, frankly, and most other liberals.

Take a deep breath, you're about to go under.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948718 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Mitt likes it, the trees are the right height...
Do any of these neanderthals understand why this happened?
Sure. The reason is that the City of Detroit kept borrowing money to pay current operating expenses. The tax base was gone and roughly half of all tax bills are unpaid. Property in Detroit is worth less than the taxes.

Meanwhile, municipal unions continued to live high on the hog.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#948719 Jul 19, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Stop whitewashing black crime.
i'm blackwashing white crime.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#948720 Jul 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
And visa versa.
"A screaming mob of whites gathers in a public square, their placards proclaiming their hatred of blacks, their shouts of "N—-r!" reverberating and bouncing off the walls of nearby shops and homes like the ominous thunder of a coming storm. They loot shops that cater to blacks, and a prominent elected official is at the head of the mob, declaring that blacks are "a cancer" that must be eradicated.
Mississippi in the Sixties? A neo-Nazi rally? A Klan conclave?
No, it’s a recent scene in southern Tel Aviv, Israel, where Likud member of the Knesset Miri Regev – a former IDF spokesperson and prominent political figure – led a well-organized march of ultra-nationalists demanding the expulsion of all blacks from Israel."
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2013/01/06...
Perhaps they are just looking at what our country has become....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948721 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
George won't be able to handle the pressure of freedom. Won't take much to make him snap and kill again.
Betcha Rachel Jeantel overdoses first.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#948722 Jul 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is Eric Racist Holder on this?
Oh, he's too busy chasing George with phony civil rights charges.
We are a country of Laws: one set for us and another set for the Hoodie Twins, Magic Negro and Eric Racist Holder.
?
and chechnen pshycoTic mujahaideen bombers...

"Mass. police officer releases photos of 'evil' Boston bombing suspect"
The editor-in-chief of Boston Magazine wrote in a post later on the publication’s website on Thursday that Murphy had been relieved of duty, but not fired. His status of duty was to reviewed next week, editor John Wolfson wrote.

Murphy, who described himself as a 25-year veteran of law enforcement, was relieved of his gun, badge, cameras, and police identification, according to Wolfson’s post. He was also reportedly ordered not to have any further communication with the press.

Yo, Boston PD-Do America a FAVOR--let the man publish his photographic Works of TRUTH and REALITY in peace!
And give the guy his RIGHTS back!

For Shame!

America FOR All America again-Not divide and destroy AGAINST it!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#948723 Jul 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
CHICKENSHIT
Obama ponders canceling Moscow talks with Putin
By JULIE PACE
AP White House Correspondent
WASHINGTON (AP)-- The White House is considering canceling a fall summit between President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow, a move that would further aggravate the already tense relationship between the two leaders.
The White House is dangling that option over the Russians as Moscow considers a temporary asylum petition from Edward Snowden, the American accused of leaking information about classified U.S. intelligence programs. But officials have privately signaled that scrapping the bilateral talks would also be retaliation for other areas of disagreement with Russia, including its continued support for Syrian President Bashar Assad's attacks against civilians.
Instead of the Magic Negro having a Hissy Fit, it would be far more productive for everyone if he just held his breath and turned blue.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#948724 Jul 19, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You keep making that claim.
The only person we know whose lied is Zimmerman.
And that was to a judge no less!
Perhaps you should go back to where I posted the article telling about how the state's attorney hid the photos of Zimmerman's injuries from her sworn testimony and statement. Perhaps you can look up some articles of the person who leaked this being fired.
Perhaps you can actually get off your ass and look. All you have to do is read my posts and you'll see some links.
Or, you can just use google, you fucking moron.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#948726 Jul 19, 2013
Don't White People Kill Each Other, Too?

And yet we keep hearing about black-on-black crime because it fits the false media narrative.

In fact, all races share similar ratios. Yet there's no outrage or racialized debate about "white on white" violence. Instead, the myth and associated fear of "black on black" crime is sold as a legitimate, mainstream descriptive and becomes American status quo.

The truth? As the largest racial group, whites commit the majority of crimes in America. In particular, whites are responsible for the vast majority of violent crimes. With respect to aggravated assault, whites led blacks 2-1 in arrests; in forcible-rape cases, whites led all racial and ethnic groups by more than 2-1. And in larceny theft, whites led blacks, again, more than 2-1.

Given this mathematical truth, would anyone encourage African Americans to begin shooting suspicious white males in their neighborhoods for fear that they'll be raped, assaulted or murdered? Perhaps George Zimmerman's defenders should answer that question. If African Americans were to act as irrationally as Zimmerman did, would any rationale suffice to avoid arrest?

http://www.theroot.com/views/why-don-t-we-tal...

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948727 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
It remains to be seen how the financial companies to whom Detroit owes billions will fair. But while much of borrowing the city engaged in under corrupt, jailed former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick was ill-advised, the city also got swindled by Wall Street. Detroit paid nearly half a billion dollars in fees to firms for engineering financial products that were bound to hurt the city, because the world’s biggest banks were manipulating a key interest rate underlying those products. Similar bank manipulation in Alabama eventually forced JP Morgan Chase to cancel billions of dollars of debts the city of Birmingham never should have owed.
Because bankruptcy proceedings are effectively a zero-sum game, the financial firms and pension funds owed vast sums by Detroit are at odds. One Bloomberg analyst is wary of the math behind Orr’s estimates of pension obligations. There are 30,000 citizens in the pension system, and their lawyer has argued that those current and retired workers should be favored over financial companies.“Planning for retirement and working for employers was not an investment into the market,” Michael VanOverbeke told the New York Times in June, whereas municipal bonds carry “a certain amount of risk.”
http://thinkprogress.org/
A bankruptcy judge will decide and both parties will take a hit.

Of course, many of the bondholders are other pension funds.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#948728 Jul 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep hearing about it because we're being led to believe it's "hunting season" on black men by whites which is a complete and total lie.
Statistics provided by the FBI show that 91% of all black homicides are committed by black offenders.
We're just tired of being lied to. Can't wait until you and a whole lot of others are too.
If you're "tired of being lied to" why not change the channel?

Orlando, FL

#948729 Jul 19, 2013
Detroit is just the first Democratic-infested city to drown under the rising waters. 98% of them still voted for Obama and a convicted criminal was voted into a position of leadership in the city.

Ignoring the flood that's coming isn't a good idea.

Drowning cities should be warnings.

Later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,187
kalyan single jodi callll-08339890226 3 hr susil bhai 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 3 hr joey 86
428 homicides in 2013 4 hr joey 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr Sunshine 181,798
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 8 hr Roxie Darling 361
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 8 hr Roxie Darling 718
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr cheluzal 98,851
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]