Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#948549 Jul 19, 2013
How Zimmerman’s Colorblind Trial Helps the Justice Dept.’s Case

Veteran civil rights attorneys and advocates are convinced that enough evidence of wrongdoing remains from the George Zimmerman case to allow the U.S. Department of Justice to file additional charges against Trayvon Martin’s killer.* Over a million people have signed an NAACP petition in agreement. The Justice Department has responded by reopening the investigation they started early last year, when the Sanford police still were figuring out for weeks if they would even arrest Zimmerman.

“I am concerned about this case and as we confirmed last spring, the Justice Department has an open investigation into it,” U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder told the NAACP at their national convention in Orlando yesterday.“While that inquiry is ongoing, I can promise that the Department of Justice will consider all available information before determining what action to take.”

Civil rights division attorneys in the Justice Department are working with the FBI to evaluate the Zimmerman case above and beyond what was argued in state court. There are two main differences between this federal investigation and the state’s: One, the federal government has broader resources and authority to examine everything that went wrong in the Zimmerman case; and, two, unlike the state’s prosecution, they have no reason to leave race out of it.

Actually, the Justice Department’s intervention is made possible by the state trial’s racial disappearing act. The judge presiding over the Zimmerman trial barred racial profiling evidence from arguments, and the prosecution didn’t bother bringing it up. The jury was instructed to rule based exclusively on the evidence before them, and that evidence made no reference to the idea that Zimmerman may have followed Martin because he was black.

“Race was clearly the centerpiece of the case,” Vincent Southerland, senior counsel for NAACP Legal Defense Fund, told me in a phone interview.“It was the reason for the encounter [between Zimmerman and Martin] in the first place and it’s the reason Zimmerman thought [Martin] was a criminal from the moment he laid eyes on him.”

But local and state officials aren’t built for these kinds of racial investigations; the Justice Department is.

http://colorlines.com/archives/2013/07/justic...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#948550 Jul 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
She's phenomenal!
Lewis Black: New York City is better than Texas because ‘F*ck you, Texas’
Listen, Texas,” he said,“trying to steal jobs from Illinois and California is one thing, but you’re going to try to trash-talk about New York? Not on my watch.”
Vowing to “fight fire with fire,” Black rolled his own ad, in which he said in voice-over,“This is New York City, the city that never sleeps. People come here from all over the world, for the freedom to live as they choose, for the variety of cultures, but most of all, for the fact that it’s not Texas.”
“Fuck you, Texas!” New Yorkers gleefully shout at the video’s climax, in a multitude of languages.
“‘Don’t mess with Texas?’” Black mocked.“Don’t fuck with New York.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/18/lewis-b...
Illinois is a joke in itself. Chicago= The next Detroit. There is no way out for the people there except to leave. Liberalism has taken over. California may as well be given back to Mexico and New York? they can have the Untied Nations as their capitol. Democrat liberal bastions of hell all the states you mentioned.

Prevented this

#948551 Jul 19, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sleepy!
I didn't hear you cry when Bush II handed out $50 million dollars to each billionaire,
And the "commoners" got a hundred bucks.
Great Republican ideas:
Tax cuts for billionaires during wars!
Hey George! Just borrow trillions for war!
I am glad I am not a commoner is all I can say. It was another 2000 dollars in refund and then the state of Wisconsin passed out another 800 dollars. Were the commoners the ones that never worked?
Florida

Seminole, FL

#948552 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Veteran civil rights attorneys and advocates are convinced that enough evidence of wrongdoing remains from the George Zimmerman case to allow the U.S. Department of Justice to file additional charges against Trayvon Martin’s killer.* Over a million people have signed an NAACP petition in agreement. The Justice Department has responded by reopening the investigation they started early last year, when the Sanford police still were figuring out for weeks if they would even arrest Zimmerman.
“I am concerned about this case and as we confirmed last spring, the Justice Department has an open investigation into it,” U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder told the NAACP at their national convention in Orlando yesterday.“While that inquiry is ongoing, I can promise that the Department of Justice will consider all available information before determining what action to take.”
Civil rights division attorneys in the Justice Department are working with the FBI to evaluate the Zimmerman case above and beyond what was argued in state court. There are two main differences between this federal investigation and the state’s: One, the federal government has broader resources and authority to examine everything that went wrong in the Zimmerman case; and, two, unlike the state’s prosecution, they have no reason to leave race out of it.
Actually, the Justice Department’s intervention is made possible by the state trial’s racial disappearing act. The judge presiding over the Zimmerman trial barred racial profiling evidence from arguments, and the prosecution didn’t bother bringing it up. The jury was instructed to rule based exclusively on the evidence before them, and that evidence made no reference to the idea that Zimmerman may have followed Martin because he was black.
“Race was clearly the centerpiece of the case,” Vincent Southerland, senior counsel for NAACP Legal Defense Fund, told me in a phone interview.“It was the reason for the encounter [between Zimmerman and Martin] in the first place and it’s the reason Zimmerman thought [Martin] was a criminal from the moment he laid eyes on him.”
But local and state officials aren’t built for these kinds of racial investigations; the Justice Department is.
Leftwinger Race Profiteer Bill Maher profiting from the "negro's problems"... Booed for Tasteless Zimmerman and Casey Anthony Jokes on CBS David Letterman...

Grievance industry racists and sellouts. Race Profiteers. Hate Peddlers and Pims. How Race Profiteers Bill Maher, Sonicmoron, Jesse and Al Sharpton get paid. Truth is bad for a leftwinger racist criminal enterprise you racist...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/20...

It's the culture..

Prevented this

#948553 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Barack Hussein O'bama hates Mexicans. Enough said!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#948554 Jul 19, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>No one thought about a proxy until O'bama stated Traygone was his illegitimate son. Stupid President O'bama gets involved with state affairs. And yet his own state is the murder capital, the heroin highway, and the Cartel gate way. O'bama should do something in Chicago, shouldn't he? instead he picks on a Mexican protecting himself. O'bama hates Mexicans.
i thought Texas was the heroin highway and the Cartel gateway.

isn't Bush from Texas?
LCN Llin

United States

#948555 Jul 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope they elect Wendy Davis for governor.
Our friend is spending her retirement life on Topix.
May have run out of people who will listen to her malarky in person?
Sad in a way. 200 posts :-)
Florida

Seminole, FL

#948556 Jul 19, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Barack Hussein O'bama hates Mexicans. Enough said!!!
It's the culture..
TVnews

AOL

#948557 Jul 19, 2013

TBN's false prophets ...In Plain View

http://youtu.be/Ci7nCdbaM0M

LCN Llin

United States

#948558 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
isn't Bush from Texas?
Bush is a RINO :-)

Prevented this

#948559 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
isn't Bush from Texas?
Bush who? Barack Hussein the crack smoker, pipe smoker and wee weed up smoker is from Illinois. When a person named Bobby Rush can beat O'bama in an election you know O'bama is fricking idiot.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#948560 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Abdul, you've obviously forgotten what a thug like Trayvon's rights ARE in this country. Let me give you a quick refresher course......

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#948561 Jul 19, 2013
George Zimmerman won't be getting his gun back anytime soon after all. Good Move, Attorney General Eric Holder! "The Sanford Police Department froze its plan to return Zimmerman's gun Thursday after the FBI put a hold on evidence in the case, Sanford police spokesman Capt. James McAuliffe told the Los Angeles Times.

The FBI's request signals that the Justice Department is proceeding with its civil rights investigation into Zimmerman's killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

McAuliffe said the gun, a 9-millimeter semiautomatic, won't be returned until the department completes its investigation and had no further need for evidence in the case."
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#948562 Jul 19, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Illinois is a joke in itself. Chicago= The next Detroit. There is no way out for the people there except to leave. Liberalism has taken over. California may as well be given back to Mexico and New York? they can have the Untied Nations as their capitol. Democrat liberal bastions of hell all the states you mentioned.
Oh really? So where are they going? to Mississippi? LOL!
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#948563 Jul 19, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad I am not a commoner is all I can say. It was another 2000 dollars in refund and then the state of Wisconsin passed out another 800 dollars. Were the commoners the ones that never worked?
Of course a morann like you:

Missed the point, again.

THE MONEY WAS ALL BORROWED.....TRILLIONS.

$50 million for each billionaire.

Scraps for the people.

Taken from the US Treasury during wartime.

The USA still owes every dime borrowed by Bush!

TRILLIONS.

Plus the ensuing economics destruction caused by Republicans.

Wake up clueless.....

Oh, and I would love to see federal charges filed against "your" pudgy killer.

LOCK UP PUDGY!

LOCK UP PUDGY!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#948564 Jul 19, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/20...
It's the culture..
"When denial and blind faith are substituted for responsible medical treatment, it seems like an outrage. But when it comes to global warming, aren't we accepting that very same behavior on a larger, more dangerous scale? "-Bill Maher http://www.real-time-with-bill-maher-blog.com...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#948565 Jul 19, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Barack Hussein O'bama hates Mexicans. Enough said!!!
and you know that how?

the old right wing leap of faith reasoning. if only it could help win a national election.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#948566 Jul 19, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Our friend is spending her retirement life on Topix.
May have run out of people who will listen to her malarky in person?
Sad in a way. 200 posts :-)
She asked how much it was to move to St. Croix last night!!

Guess she didn't check that she'd be a minority there! And the other moran wants to move to Ecuador!! Let's buy them tickets to go! They've probably never left the country in their lives.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#948567 Jul 19, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Bush who? Barack Hussein the crack smoker, pipe smoker and wee weed up smoker is from Illinois. When a person named Bobby Rush can beat O'bama in an election you know O'bama is fricking idiot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ifBpSbblhvkXX
Bush who? the black folks know who he is....

Bush's FBI/DOJ Neglect Hate Crimes and Other Civil Rights Cases

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2007/04/bushs...

which is why they were so glad to see Obama.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#948568 Jul 19, 2013
RICHMOND — Investigators looking into gifts to Gov. Robert F. McDonnell and his family have asked questions about whether first lady Maureen McDonnell received cosmetic dental work for free, according to two people familiar with the probe.

Federal officials have been investigating allegations that a dentist within the large Richmond-area practice of W. Baxter Perkinson Jr. provided cosmetic dentistry services at no charge to the first lady, according to the two people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.
Free dental work would expand the number of gifts that the first family has received and add a new name to what has been a short list of benefactors. It also would fit a pattern of items given to Maureen McDonnell — including designer clothing and accessories — that appear to have been aimed at polishing her image as first lady.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-...

(Polish her image? So she had no teeth and wore Walmart clothes? Sounds like that hillbilly from Alaska)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
With apologies to "THE BEACH BOYS"! 1 hr Glen Fry 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cowobunga 50,775
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 70,156
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 47,596
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Zap Brannigan 98,564
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 5 hr stupid amerikan 139
Student arrested for 'passing gas' and turning ... (Nov '08) 5 hr RACE 5,663
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Frank 179,677
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]