Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#948781 Jul 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Suicide Intervention violate the rights of suicidal azzholes?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......
Detroiters have long gloated over their voting black racist crooks into office for over 50 years now and, as a result, causing the city's rapid decline. Go figure.
In the interim, the city has repeatedly been running to Lansing for money in many different forms. This means that out-state taxpayers have been forced to fund Detroit's criminal behavior for more than 50 years.
$18 Billion in Affirmative Action Style Stupidity!
This governor rightfully decided that it is time that it stopped and he has the legal right as governor to fix a broken black problem. He did the responsible thing as an adult because the juvenile Detroit 'leadership' never grew up.
Here we go again, you say blacks are incompetent. Racist f*ck that you are.

I thought you right whiners were all about democracy.

Michigan is a top ten ten with the most debt.

How would you right whiney azzholes think if Obama declared Michigan a state of emergency & sent Rahm Emanuel to be king of Michigan?

You would have a GD fit. " OMG OMG Obama is taking away the vote of the people! OMG OMG OMFG"

This is why you people are dumber than sh*t.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948782 Jul 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The concept the Obama should be overseeing all these people all the time and have constant contact is asinine. Clearly none of these people posting have ever managed anyone.
Good executives know the details of their organization, not just what they are fed by a few managers.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#948783 Jul 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
George can buy a gun legally, just like any other citizen without a criminal record.
I posted a link for you yesterday, in FL you can even get a concealed carry license with a criminal record. I looked it up once for you, its your turn to do your own work.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#948784 Jul 19, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Over his term, 1.557 trillion was added to the debt.
What is your point? No one said Clinton never had debt, dumbass. The point being he left office with a surplus that Bush turned into massive debt.
Clinton had to be dragged kicking and screaming to that surplus.

The debt when the Arabs started a global war with the United States was 5 trillion dollars.
The debt when the Democrats took control of all the purse strings of the US government was 8.5 trillion.

Here's a link to a document that describes in detail how the government is funded and borrows money:

http://constitutionus.com/

Get back with us on who is responsible for the debt after you educate yourself on the matter, dufus.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948785 Jul 19, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Rachel Jeantel will graduate from college and become the mayor of Galt's town before George Zimmerman gets his gun back.
Galt agrees that the Gestapo will probably illegally confiscate Zimmerman's gun, but he will easily buy others.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#948786 Jul 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
One In Four Young Black Men Recall Recent Unfair Police Treatment, Gallup Finds
http://thinkprogress.org/
4 out of any four black prison inmates claim their innocence.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ......

Can I sell you some Snake Oil, madame?

thinkprogress is a joke and you fit right in to their clientele.

Ask Trayvon what he was doing with a bag of women's jewelry and he'll tell you he found it on the street and he's just looking for the rightful owner.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ......you are a sucker, lily.

Make that Sucker(w/a capital "S")

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#948787 Jul 19, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, I don't need to verify YOUR claims.
That's not my job....
That's yours....
Perhaps you should go back to where I posted the article telling about how the state's attorney hid the photos of Zimmerman's injuries from her sworn testimony and statement.

Perhaps you can look up some articles of the person who leaked this being fired.
Perhaps you can actually get off your ass and look. All you have to do is read my posts and you'll see some links.
Or, you can just use google, you fucking moron.
LCN Llin

United States

#948788 Jul 19, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Over his term, 1.557 trillion was added to the debt.
What is your point? No one said Clinton never had debt, dumbass. The point being he left office with a surplus that Bush turned into massive debt.
When President Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the S&P 500 stock market index stood at 1,342.54.
The day President Bush left office, it was 805.22, a drop of 40 percent

Republican Stock market crash under President Bush, Oct. 2008.
We still hear the republican whine over the economy the ruined.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#948789 Jul 19, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on a bit here.
C. often lacks the basic understanding... of many topics
alas that is what is amusing....
generalizations are her fox trade mark ..if it is on fox is reposted
LOL
Gaw can it get any more fgn imbecilic sometimes?

Geez.

Squawrk--it awrl FOX/BUSH/Womney/andanyotherolw hiteyingenenrals faurlt.

Fgn ignorant, clueless, empty bobbleheaded, libuhrulTic, moronic, parrot squawk and regugitated parasites .
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948790 Jul 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe, what would be the net result of such a bailout? Do you have a non Fox News/Rightwing blog answer for me or will you be answering with your usual tripe?
The net result of a bailout would be to delay the bankruptcy for a while, but Detroit will still lack the funds for current expenses.

Would Homer loan money to Detroit?
LCN Llin

United States

#948791 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
a cover-up?
that remains to be seen. as soon as someone beyond the right wing nutjob sites reports that 'story'.
Breaking news ... "President Obama is to blame for everything".
Same old song just different day
LOL

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#948792 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
a cover-up?
that remains to be seen. as soon as someone beyond the right wing nutjob sites reports that 'story'.
<Al Qaeda attacks the US in Benghazi and Obama lies for two weeks covering it up>

"Nothing to see here. Move along." - Democrats
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948793 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Detroit offers an opportunity to experiment without a city government. Won't happen but I'd like to see them sell off city assets and privatize all services. There's been an influx of tech start-ups, downtown has become an entertainment hub and the landscape is literally changing with urban farms taking over entire neighborhood blocks. Development of the world's largest urban farm is underway.
I would move there. Imagine living in a city with no government and no right-wingers (too little government, too many brown people)!
Possibly, once the debts are resolved.

Would you privatize ALL services, and even then, where would you get the money to pay for them?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#948794 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Classic! Of course they were doing something wrong! They're black, walking, driving, shopping, jogging....all illegal if you're black.
You're ignorance is astounding. Anyway, the VP of NBC, Val Nichols spoke on Hardball last night, as well as Michael Steele; about their experiences with police because of their color.
Take a look and a listen; or will you just say "they're just being sensitive"?
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3036697/ns/msnbc-ha...
So are you seriously saying black people are the ONLY ones who have a right to feel they're the ONLY ones being treated unfairly by the police?

The overly sensitive reaction and overreaction by black leaders alone tells the story.

Sometimes I can't believe my ears when Travis Smiley and Al Sharpton say some of the unbelievably outrageous things they say.

But how do you feel about Barack Obama telling the Benghazi survivors to keep their mouths shut about what happened and them signing a nondisclosure agreement so we won't know what Obama obviously doesn't want us to know?

There's no other possible reason he would want them to sign that kind of agreement.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#948795 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Once Gov. Rick Snyder (R) signed the law and appointed Orr, Detroit’s city contracts and public properties were subject to Orr’s sole discretion. Orr began selling off large chunks of public property, even attempting to sell off the city’s art collection until the state Attorney General blocked him
(Mitts probably buying the whole state that he and Anne grew up in;
planning to rename it Mittchigan)
If given the opportunity, any black resident or politician inside the city of Detroit would sell that artwork in the blink of an eye for untraceable cash. It's just mostly fancy art created by old white cracka's anyways. Who cares?

But from a political standpoint, the argument against the sale makes Detroit sound like it is a "cultural center" of the Midwest and worthy of salvation.

Why did Motown and Berry Gordy get the hell outta there? Because art, any form of art, is the antithesis of what Detroit is today.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948796 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Detroit offers an opportunity to experiment without a city government. Won't happen but I'd like to see them sell off city assets and privatize all services. There's been an influx of tech start-ups, downtown has become an entertainment hub and the landscape is literally changing with urban farms taking over entire neighborhood blocks. Development of the world's largest urban farm is underway.
I would move there. Imagine living in a city with no government and no right-wingers (too little government, too many brown people)!
Many fail to understand that Detroit is like a family whose credit cards are all declined when they go to the grocery store.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#948797 Jul 19, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again, you say blacks are incompetent. Racist f*ck that you are.
I thought you right whiners were all about democracy.
Michigan is a top ten ten with the most debt.
How would you right whiney azzholes think if Obama declared Michigan a state of emergency & sent Rahm Emanuel to be king of Michigan?
You would have a GD fit. " OMG OMG Obama is taking away the vote of the people! OMG OMG OMFG"
This is why you people are dumber than sh*t.
Michigan isn't in a state of emergency. It's only the city of Detroit, you fucking idiot.

How about nobody do anything and just let a city that continually gives itself cancer die?

How about changing something. If you don't change anything, only an idiot would expect something different.
Democrats instituting so-called "progressive" regressive policies caused Detroit to self destruct.
You won't change anything if you don't change politics.

Let Detroit die. Move the Tigers to Indianopolis. Move the Lions to Toronto. That's the only thing anyone cares about in Detroit.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#948798 Jul 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The net result of a bailout would be to delay the bankruptcy for a while, but Detroit will still lack the funds for current expenses.
Would Homer loan money to Detroit?
You asking me for money? <click> Please hold for the next available operator.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#948799 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
On a much smaller scale Baltimore nearly crashed and burned years ago and turned to some unique programs to pull solid citizens back into the city. The efforts must have been successful eh?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#948800 Jul 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you trying to kid?
You fooled Homer?
How 'bout when you knuckleheads come on here crowing about a DJIA drop or warning of $7/gal GAS!!!!
Flack has to be under a suicide watch every time the markets post record gains or gas drops below $3/gal.
To be fair she did fool me, 4 years ago I did not realize she was a pathological liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Clinton's Wife. 33 min No GOP 4
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cold Front 69,676
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Brian_G 52,846
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,899
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr Red_Forman 861
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,200
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Guru 187,276
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]