Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,552)

Showing posts 871,021 - 871,040 of1,071,283
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Galt is amused by the delay of the employer mandate because the government couldn't get its act together soon enough.
In private business, all involved would either be fired or would work nights and weekends on the own time to get the job done.
Own time, not overtime.
Not really.

They give themselves a smaller raise.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it was__it's the reason George was sent home rather than booked. The police department just sent Georgie along home with his wife and the air marshal. The air marshal who had previously been a Seminole County Deputy reporting to Chief Lee. What part of cronyism escapes you?
Chief Lee was fired, twenty five year veteran States Attorney Norm Wolfinger and his investigators were removed from the case by governor Scott__are you seeing a fkn trend here?
The trend looks quite obvious unlike the current rightwing Benghazi 'trend'

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it was__it's the reason George was sent home rather than booked. The police department just sent Georgie along home with his wife and the air marshal. The air marshal who had previously been a Seminole County Deputy reporting to Chief Lee. What part of cronyism escapes you?
Chief Lee was fired, twenty five year veteran States Attorney Norm Wolfinger and his investigators were removed from the case by governor Scott__are you seeing a fkn trend here?
But the whole point is everyone demanded a trial. That's all the parents said they wanted. Heck, that's all I wanted.

The SYG law was no longer an issue once the trial began because Zimmerman didn't want it to be.

So why do you keep talking about it?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You peed your pants again.
When posting on Topix you loser, there is a fine line between "what's on your mind dumbass" and "You should probably see your Nurse about this??"

It's the culture...
NJ raider 1

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Just stick with the FACTS.
Have you answered Carols question?
If someone was standing over you in the dark, on a rainy night, giving you an animalistic type "bashing"--rather than acting like a civilized human being, able to communicate with others in a civilized manner (as in hands AND bad attitude MOUTH OFF)...and chose to Jump you instead--inflicting physical harm on to you--causing you to fear for YOUR life-what would YOU have done?
That could've been ANYONE else standing in Zimmerman's shoes as well.
Answer the question-what would you have done.
NO LYING just to try and self escalate yourself either. You have to be honest-I have no problem being HONEST answering it myself.
I'd've popped a cap too...in SELF DEFENCE.
As in-NOT Guilty.
Here in my hometown, I'm known to rock out. If I was stalking a dude &, he caught wind of me doing such &, a fight broke out. I would fight until I couldn't fight anymore. I wouldn't just shoot dude because I was violating him from the beginning. Now put in context everything from that night. The emergency dispatcher first told him to not follow Martin, then informed him the police were already on their way. When he hung up the phone, he was 20 yds from the T where the fight broke out. Yet it was 2min before the fight broke out so, in 2 min & some sec, Zimmerman only made it 20yds. More evidence he was stalking Martin! Now after all those violations, the fight breaks out. A grown man.against a 16yr old kid! The grown man knowing the police is on the way & the kid fighting for his life from a stranger that stalked him for over 200yds. He knew exactly what he was doing . That's why he shot instead of getting a warning shot or, telling the boy," I got a gun." The reason it's difficult to put myself in Zimmerman's shoes is, if I thought someone looked suspicious, I would've grabbed my gun & approached the situation loudly, with my hand on my gun. Letting dude know I'm strapped & and him what is he doing here. Chances are, everything would've been resolved without the police or the altercation. If Zimmerman identified himself (neighborhood watch) & let Trayvon know he was strapped, the situation would've been resolved without incident. and that's after all the mistakes Zimmerman made.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>ongresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, a senior member of the House Judiciary and Homeland Security Committee, released the following statement today:
“Today was a questionable day as it relates to the life of a young child. America’s justice system is often viewed as coddling and protecting our children, the most vulnerable members of our society. As someone who has devoted much of my public life to advocating for the protection of children, whether from gun violence, bullying at school and in cyberspace, drugs, and unhealthy foodstuffs, I am dismayed that the Florida judicial system did not recognize and value the life of young Trayvon Martin. Trayvon’s family and friends missed him on the day he was killed and they still miss him today. They are right to wonder why others seemed to attach so little value to his life.
“The federal government stands to serve justice in cases where there is much doubt as to whether justice was done by the local authorities. I expect to join with others in discussions with the U.S. Department of Justice regarding the killing of Trayvon Martin, who was but 16 years and 21 days old when he was shot to death. I am also calling for the Congress to hold oversight hearings regarding the treatment of the killing of a juvenile in the circumstances that occurred in Sanford, Florida as well as the manner in which the criminal justice system treats victims of gun violence, especially young black male victims like Trayvon Martin.
“Many mothers tonight are praying, as I am, hopeful that things remain calm but also hoping that justice for young Trayvon Martin will be pursued.
“To the the young people who have grown to see Trayvon Martin as themselves, we encourage you to continue to invest in improving your nation, working with people of all backgrounds who feel as you do – disappointed – but will join with you in the fight for justice.
“We are all Trayvon.”
“We are all Trayvon victims”

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Lunatic nutcase race baiter say what?
(Your insanity of hate filled diatribes has been cached-just for the records!!)
You do know where you can put you cached records don't you, Methmouth. Why do have so much trouble with that term when you live in the Meth capital of the nation and write dialect as if you have no teeth and a mushy brain? Too close to home?
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, cities and towns all over the country who arrest people without probable cause routinely pay out significant settlements to avoid potential damages.
"...routinely pay out significant settlements to avoid potential damages."

What?

Isn't the settlement the damage? What damages are you talking about?

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's fault do you think it is? It does seem like a deliberate decisioin. Who is making those decisions?
People who would rather see Charter Schools than public ones and those who believe budget shortfalls should be corrected on the backs of those who contribute the least to their coffers.

“Guess who’s coming to dinner, because we’re coming up north and we’re going to enroll our children … and you’re going to treat them as good as you treat these white babies up north,” activist Jitu Brown said.“The problem is not these white babies up north. They’re not the problem. They deserve a world-class education, but so do our babies."

“It’s an example of schools on a different side of town where there’s a different set of priorities,” Brown said.“There is a two-tiered education system in the city of Chicago that is racist and discriminatory; that has a lower set of expectations for African-American children and Latino children, and a higher set of expectations for children that happen to be white.”

“If this was theatrics, then we’ll take a bow, but at the end of the day, we’re saying whatever tactics we have to use to expose this two-tiered education system, we’ll do it,” Push has come to shove.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/05/30/parent...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It's a Fox News video, you can't believe them. Plus his hands are whiter than an albinos. So Fox shadows out the body and face but leaves the white hands visible. Just How evil is Fox News and their affiliates? I would not believe anything Fox reports, that's just basic common sense.
Posted July 18, 2013 - Real Clear Politics July 18, 2013

Black Alternate Juror For Zimmerman Trial: "I Supported The Verdict"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/0...

Even though It's rather obvious you are a loser or white trash Homer, Jail house wife and/or lap dancer bitch... Homer wonders why no one cares when his behavior is the issue, nothing more you idiot.

It's the culture..
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't Ayn Rand Paul's fair-haired nineteen-year-old get drunk and assault airline personnel a while back? They shoulda' popped a cap in his ass, huh? Oh, forget it, Methmouth. I don't know why the tragedy of a dead teenager should make me forget my vow to not try to talk sense to idiots.
What was the final disposition on that? Iirc it occurred in/over North Carolina and involved underage drinking and assault-pushin-shovin etc. Did they give the kid a pass because his daddy's a US Senator? Wouldn't be the first time eh?
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You wear that dark age, IGNORANT "kkk" garb type crappola out enough for twenty people-RACIST bigot, hate inciting, dirtbag Race Baiter.
And yet, you bring race in again... as usual.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that is a scene straight out of Planet of the Apes!! If I were driving one of those cars I would floor it and run over as many of those murderous thugs as I could, then open fire when the rest of the chimp mob attacked.....
Yeah...but think of all the Windshield Wiper Fluid you'd have to use!
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be held against you."
You do NOT have the right to harm in any way-anyone else. Should you stick your hand ignorantly into a wasps nest and get stung-that would be only of your OWN doings-derived of your own Ignorance and hatred- now doubt.
COMMON SENSE.
Yes you do son. According to Florida law.

Especially if you're the last man standing.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>But juror B37 said it was part of the reason there could be no other verdict. Maybe the Justice Department can put SYG on trial--SYG = snuff the witnesses in my book.
The prosecution overshot. If they had stuck with manslaughter, there might have been a different outcome. And other people would have been angry with the verdict.

But they went for 2nd degree requiring them to prove intentional malice. They couldn't because there was none.

If people want to be mad at somebody, they should be mad at the prosecution.

The SYG law would have to be changed in nearly half the states.

Is the federal government's job to meddle into states' laws?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So why bother? Why did the dispatcher bother telling Zimmerman that they did not need him to follow Martin? I mean other to get him not to?
Being a Neighborhood Watch Captain means he knows the correct way to patrol , spot crime & report it. He knows that he should not be armed & not be confrontational & identify himself.
If a doctor stops at accident scene to help, he can be sued for malpractice because he is considered a doctor after office hours. A lifeguard can be held responsible at a drowning scene even if they are not on duty.
And do not ever give someone in another car the hand motion like they can go, if an accident ensues you can be held responsible.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Rather nice that you and Zimmy need a gin. Really, just because one person of a race does something heinous does not justify condemning all members of that race to be shot on sight...just think what all we white folk would have to endure over the actions of Dumbya and Darth Cheney.(Well, actually, I guess there's no stopping that one.)
Didn't anyone of you Grumpy Old Pricks ever read "To Kill A Mockingbird"? Did you understand the plot at all?
I've got the DVD but what the hell does it have to do with extremely high black crime rates and high rates of black racism?

Go play in Hollywood and leave us normal folks alone, Bimbo:]
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You do know where you can put you cached records don't you, Methmouth. Why do have so much trouble with that term when you live in the Meth capital of the nation and write dialect as if you have no teeth and a mushy brain? Too close to home?
Ghetto Folks, A Dumb Beauty Queen and Why The Country Is In A Mess

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

The Government Cheese and Non Sentient Welfare Crowd... The Blind Lead...

It's the culture...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Posted July 18, 2013 - Real Clear Politics July 18, 2013
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/0...
Even though It's rather obvious you are a loser or white trash Homer, Jail house wife and/or lap dancer bitch... Homer wonders why no one cares when his behavior is the issue, nothing more you idiot.
It's the culture..
Couldn't Fox even get a black person for their video?

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

The IRS scandal back in the forefront.

Evidence presented the directive came from higher and higher up the ladder of command.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 871,021 - 871,040 of1,071,283
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 min PEllen 97,412
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min Frijoles 68,114
Amy 7-10 19 min PEllen 1
Abby 7-10 23 min PEllen 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,526
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 44 min TRD 67,522
Chicago Democrats a Protected Species on the Na... 56 min bensley reality 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE