Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1279006 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Jad

Newark, NJ

#948600 Jul 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Republicans hate Detroit. They are overjoyed about it's current financial woes. Republicans only care about themselves. Very selfish people overall.
I do believe Detroit was a big battle between Obama and Romney during the elections. Obama spinning his web of lies how Romney wasn't for Detroit and how he would hurt them. But Obama won! What did he do for Detroit? Look up his adds during his campaign all these empty promises to Detroit if they voted for him. Look where it got you Detroit. How many people in Detroit are saying to themselves this wasn't supposed to happen. You have been played!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#948601 Jul 19, 2013
You knew a Teabagger rally about immigration was going to get ugly.

"Earlier this week, tea party activists and GOP lawmakers gathered near the Capitol to rail against an immigration reform bill passed by the Senate.

While the event was linked to a number of controversial figures, including an organizer who has argued for eugenics and called African-Americans a 'retrograde species,' that didn't deter Republicans like Rep. Steve King (Iowa) and Sens. Jeff Sessions (Ala.) and Ted Cruz (Texas) from showing up to join the chorus against a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.

When Ken Crow -- a co-founder of the Tea Party Community -- stepped up to the microphone, however, George Zornick of The Nation said he was taken aback by the talk of 'breeding' and racial purity that followed."

Naaaa... Teabaggers aren't racist... they're just *cough* "Taxed Enough Already."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#948602 Jul 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they all get the same memo? Rather than discuss the Zimmerman case; they go off and talk about black on black crime in Chicago!
What are they really trying to say? Is it this? "If blacks kill blacks in Chicago, what does it matter that Zimmerman murdered another black kid"?
i think you're on to something. and i seem to remember Rush saying something like that.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#948603 Jul 19, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush is a RINO :-)
Moochie O'bama is a HIPPO :)
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#948604 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
that's all you've got?
that's all you've got.
If you can't answer or disprove the argument sonimoron, don't panic you idiot. You can always scream FOX or call people names....

It's the culture...
joe jo 25

Scranton, PA

#948605 Jul 19, 2013
Hi! I would like to give you a web address you might like...Put in your top browser line this
address...galacticmessages.com ...and hit the
enter key. Love, joe jo 25
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#948606 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Detroit is Paying Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr a Quarter Million to File for Bankruptcy
Maybe it’s just me, but I thought Orr’s purpose was to be our salvation. To save us from ourselves. To make a way out of no way. For a quarter million dollar salary I damned sure expected more than this, even if he did sign on to assist Gov. Snyder in stealing democracy from his own citizens. You mean to tell me there isn’t even honor among thieves anymore?
In a tweet today, Orr said,“We’re changing the culture of entitlement here in Detroit, Michigan.”
By filing for bankruptcy? Really?
No, Kevyn. Last I heard, we’re still entitled to a democracy. That’s the thing about theft; the rightful owner doesn’t mind putting up a fight to get back what’s rightfully his.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/18/detroi...
It remains to be seen how the financial companies to whom Detroit owes billions will fair. But while much of borrowing the city engaged in under corrupt, jailed former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick was ill-advised, the city also got swindled by Wall Street. Detroit paid nearly half a billion dollars in fees to firms for engineering financial products that were bound to hurt the city, because the world’s biggest banks were manipulating a key interest rate underlying those products. Similar bank manipulation in Alabama eventually forced JP Morgan Chase to cancel billions of dollars of debts the city of Birmingham never should have owed.

Because bankruptcy proceedings are effectively a zero-sum game, the financial firms and pension funds owed vast sums by Detroit are at odds. One Bloomberg analyst is wary of the math behind Orr’s estimates of pension obligations. There are 30,000 citizens in the pension system, and their lawyer has argued that those current and retired workers should be favored over financial companies.“Planning for retirement and working for employers was not an investment into the market,” Michael VanOverbeke told the New York Times in June, whereas municipal bonds carry “a certain amount of risk.”

http://thinkprogress.org/
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#948609 Jul 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Republicans hate Detroit. They are overjoyed about it's current financial woes. Republicans only care about themselves. Very selfish people overall.
If not for ignorance, you would have nothing Homer..

The inner city ghettos and projects of modern America and Detroit's urban preserves, Chicago and Philadelphia are the breeding ground 'Blue Magnets' of hate-filled low intelligence liberalism, racism, ignorance, bigotry, poverty, intolerance, abortion, America's liberal killing fields of blacks you bigoted racist.

Ghetto is not a Republican invention you dumbass.... Ghetto is a man made demokratic urban disaster Homer...

You liberal airheads and wankers have been annually predicting Detroit's "Renaissance" for the past 50 years.

&fe ature=related

The modern day demokkkRatic Plantations of America of Chicago, Detroit and all northern ghetto cities, all living off the wealth of their plantation masters you loser...

It's the culture...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#948610 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Detroit is Paying Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr a Quarter Million to File for Bankruptcy
Maybe it’s just me, but I thought Orr’s purpose was to be our salvation. To save us from ourselves. To make a way out of no way. For a quarter million dollar salary I damned sure expected more than this, even if he did sign on to assist Gov. Snyder in stealing democracy from his own citizens. You mean to tell me there isn’t even honor among thieves anymore?
In a tweet today, Orr said,“We’re changing the culture of entitlement here in Detroit, Michigan.”
No, Kevyn. Last I heard, we’re still entitled to a democracy. That’s the thing about theft; the rightful owner doesn’t mind putting up a fight to get back what’s rightfully his.
Once Gov. Rick Snyder (R) signed the law and appointed Orr, Detroit’s city contracts and public properties were subject to Orr’s sole discretion. Orr began selling off large chunks of public property, even attempting to sell off the city’s art collection until the state Attorney General blocked him

(Mitts probably buying the whole state that he and Anne grew up in;
planning to rename it Mittchigan)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#948611 Jul 19, 2013
One In Four Young Black Men Recall Recent Unfair Police Treatment, Gallup Finds

Prevented this

#948612 Jul 19, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course a morann like you:
Missed the point, again.
THE MONEY WAS ALL BORROWED.....TRILLIONS.
$50 million for each billionaire.
Scraps for the people.
Taken from the US Treasury during wartime.
The USA still owes every dime borrowed by Bush!
TRILLIONS.
Plus the ensuing economics destruction caused by Republicans.
Wake up clueless.....
Oh, and I would love to see federal charges filed against "your" pudgy killer.
LOCK UP PUDGY!
LOCK UP PUDGY!
How could it have been borrowed-you libs insisted when GW Bush took office there was a huge surplus--so now you are saying libs lie. I concur.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#948613 Jul 19, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>African Americans are returning to the South in the largest numbers since the first Great Migration, according to sociologists and those who have studied the new migration. During the 1940s, roughly 1.5 million blacks migrated to the North. Between 2000 and 2010, an estimated 1,336,097 blacks moved to seven major southern cities alone, according to the Brookings Institute, which compiled the most recent data from the U.S. Census.
THE NEW DEMOGRAPHICS
Former magnets for black migrants, including Illinois, Michigan, New York and California, all have had black population declines. Atlanta has even overtaken Chicago as the city with the second-largest black population behind New York City. The black population in Atlanta has grown in the past decade by 473,493. In Dallas it grew by 233,890, and in Houston by 214,928 over the same period. Today, 57 percent of the country's black population lives in the South, a 50-year high, according to the most recent census data.
Today's migrants are chasing the same things their forebears sought decades earlier, according to those who have studied the return migration. Others are retiring or returning to familial homesteads, reclaiming land their relatives never let loose.
"There are places like Harlem that no longer have majority black populations because many of the black folks who have lived there for the last 50 or so years have decided to cash in, and they are going to live somewhere more affordable, places that don't come with the urban baggage that maybe we didn't ever want but put up with because this was our best chance at a solid economic future," said Khalil Muhammad, director of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, part of the New York Public Library and renowned for its collections of historic artifacts. "Those people are going to places that look just the way they want them to look. They are not going to be shackled by a political nationalism or the segregation of the past."
Meanwhile, Chicago has lost about 181,000 African Americans over the past decade, a drop of 17 percent. Many have fled to the Chicago suburbs. But to a greater extent, who is leaving and where they're going is difficult to determine, according to demographers. But Brookings Institute reports that these new migrants tend to be financially stable and more educated. Many are students, professionals or retirees.
James Middleton, who is 72, and his wife of 53 years, Barbara, have a grown son, now living in Houston, and a granddaughter in Chicago who is considering moving to the South or West, they say -- an indicator of just how much less promise many see in what was once the "promised land" of the North.
*it appears they will go anywhere, including Mississippi to escape liberalism in Chicago, and Illinois.:) Blacks are not stupid Lily-there are many that don't like liberalism.
This is true. The south IS where many blacks from the northern cities are moving back to. They are finding jobs and opportunities.

Of course, Lily, like this president apparently, would rather know nothing and stick to their broken records of lies. They think that's just how the song goes now.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#948614 Jul 19, 2013
The Cincinnati IRS "rogue" agents on whom Lois Lerner tried to place blame for the unconstitutional targeting of U.S. citizens testified that they only did what the White House told them to do.

A 48-year retired employee of the IRS, Hull, testified under oath that Lois Lerner gave him specific instructions to send targeted groups' requests as far up the ladder to Chief Counsel, William Wilkens, one of the only two Obama appointees to the IRS.

Hull plainly stated he had never seen anything like this in the 48 years he worked for the IRS.

Back in May, Carney admitted senior White House officials knew about the scrutiny and the targeting of groups with patriotic words in their names, i.e. those who would be perceived as political enemies, months before it became news when Obama claimed he heard it for the first time.

So, apparently, EVERYONE knew this was happening in the White House INCLUDING the Chief Counsel to the President who personally reviewed these requests -- BUT the President of the United States was totally in the dark and unaware any of this was going on right under his nose?

Because if so, the much more disturbing question is WHY didn't he know?? And what ELSE doesn't he know??

It's ALWAYS the job of WH staffers to keep ANY President informed about potential wrongdoings within their own administrations that could possibly turn into a scandal so they WON'T look stupid and uninformed when the crap hits the fan!

Really, people, how dumb do we have to be before we cross the line into just plain stupid territory?

The liberal media is whistling at the ceiling while these new revelations - at least newsworthy of mentioning - are being deliberately ignored.

It's no wonder Lily hasn't heard about the Mayor of San Diego's groping and tongue kissing women on the street.

She doesn't know anything for a reason. It's meant to stay that way too.

We really are in deep doo-doo.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948616 Jul 19, 2013
CHICKENSHIT

Obama ponders canceling Moscow talks with Putin

By JULIE PACE
AP White House Correspondent

WASHINGTON (AP)-- The White House is considering canceling a fall summit between President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow, a move that would further aggravate the already tense relationship between the two leaders.

The White House is dangling that option over the Russians as Moscow considers a temporary asylum petition from Edward Snowden, the American accused of leaking information about classified U.S. intelligence programs. But officials have privately signaled that scrapping the bilateral talks would also be retaliation for other areas of disagreement with Russia, including its continued support for Syrian President Bashar Assad's attacks against civilians.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#948617 Jul 19, 2013
One In Four Young Black Men Recall Recent Unfair Police Treatment, Gallup Finds
The dumb Negro lily will blame the white man or Hispanic for holding him down, than wonders why no one cares when his ignorant behavior is the issue, nothing more you idiot...

It's the culture...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#948618 Jul 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Half of the African Americans in Michigan had their Democracy stolen by the Governor.

First Republicans want to deny the right to vote to these people, now they just cancel out their votes.

Prevented this

#948619 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Once Gov. Rick Snyder (R) signed the law and appointed Orr, Detroit’s city contracts and public properties were subject to Orr’s sole discretion. Orr began selling off large chunks of public property, even attempting to sell off the city’s art collection until the state Attorney General blocked him
(Mitts probably buying the whole state that he and Anne grew up in;
planning to rename it Mittchigan)
Knowing the history of Detroit - a city that was nearly 100 percent white 100 years ago; 85 percent in the 1950s; and ultimately a city where high rates of black crime and a black uprising in 1967 completed the genocide of whites from the Detroit - I can't help but smile. "Magazines like Ebony celebrated Detroit as the nation’s black capital, the place where, as Mayor Young put it,“blacks exercised more power than blacks anywhere in the United States.”

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#948620 Jul 19, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>How could it have been borrowed-you libs insisted when GW Bush took office there was a huge surplus--so now you are saying libs lie. I concur.
When Bush took office there was a budget surplus. Unfortunately Bush ended that & ran up the debt.

Not too swift are you, dumbass.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948621 Jul 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Contract out?
That's union busting!
Or living within your means.

Take your choice.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948623 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
I hope they elect Wendy Davis for governor.
Rachel Jeantel has a better chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Antichrist Obama 197,212
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 54,625
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 2 hr woodtick57 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr David Morrison 100,682
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Doug77 6,449
abby 9-4-15 6 hr mrs gladys kravitz 6
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr Red_Forman 5,431
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages