Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#948150 Jul 18, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Ludotranny, ludotranny.... My my, you've been posting since 6:00 AM Arizona time. Those "children" in your "classroom" must really be getting their $$ worth today....
"Black-killing"? Sounds like the actions of a criminal to me. Best you look in the "negroe" file for that one.
BTW, no need to even discuss Trayvon's Purple Lean useage anymore (until it and all the OTHER really gory stuff comes out if there's a civil trial). Do you know why? http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac218/Uthe...
It's July 18, Enochsockdrawer. You still got kids in your classroom? Sounds like slow learner/advanced dementia to me, but feel free to be up all night posting your usual vulgar nonsense when real people have family things to do. Show some more dead kids' pictures while you at it--makes you look like a "real" man. LMAWAO@U
tell_it_like_it_ is

Oklahoma City, OK

#948151 Jul 18, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You peed your pants again.
Hahah...
you most certainly shit yours

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#948153 Jul 18, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you're saying is, regardless of the evidence, an arrest has to be made, right?
You do realize that the state's attorney had to commit a felony and hide evidence from the grand jury to get an indictment, don't you?
What the verdict proved is no arrest should have been made to begin with.
Besides, when the indictment was made, Zimmerman was easy to find, wasn't he?
As it turned out, all the right decisions were made until the state's attorney committed a felony to get an indictment against Zimmerman from a grand jury.
So, when do you think Eric Holder will press charges against that state's attorney for violating Zimmerman's civil rights?
You do realize that the state's attorney had to commit a felony and hide evidence and lie under oath to get an indictment, don't you?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#948157 Jul 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
But the whole point is everyone demanded a trial. That's all the parents said they wanted. Heck, that's all I wanted.
The SYG law was no longer an issue once the trial began because Zimmerman didn't want it to be.
So why do you keep talking about it?
That's not so, what the family and many others wanted was an arrest in order that the event play itself out in the courtroom and not the back room. The SYG law was introduced by the police department as it's basis for cutting George loose rather than booking him and letting a judge make the decision.

Pay attention___we've had a first hearing judge and then three others. George has had two sets of attorneys, the first set held a press conference to proclaim that George had established a collection-website and then disappeared and was not returning their calls.

We learned that George's pal Mark was steering him around early, advising against Hal Uhrig and promoting Mark NeJame. We learned that NeJame couldn't get involved as one of his partners was married to the first judge assigned to the case. NeJame recommended O'Mara and the judge had to recuse herself anyway because it was learned that NeJame was in bed with O'Mara too.

Enter Judge Kenny Lester who has no use for Zimmerman, his family and probably O'Mara. Lester hikes George's bond to one million $ because he lied, Shellie lied and it was learned that George had two passports. Brokeazz George who's running from creditors and has over a hundred grand in pay pal loot also has two passports. Hah!

O'Mara claims he had no earthly idea that George had been shuffling big money around via Shellie on the jail house phone and gets a huge pass from Lester because the former lawyer, Uhrig knew all about the loot.

Are you following along here? Probably not because you're too fkn stupid to keep up or you just don't like details.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#948160 Jul 18, 2013
Jakob Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Welfare Fraud At Its Finest
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NVqsQq9XcHEXX
Bill O White People Welfare.mpg
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Poor white South Africans blame reverse discrimination
Welfare Queen, Grandma At 39, Never Had A Job... Guess Who?
You dumb Mississippi redneck welfare queen wonders why no one cares when your behavior and ignorance is the issue, nothing more you idiot...

It's the culture...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#948161 Jul 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>[Editorial comment: No jury for you!] "
You just "Can't Get Right"
Little story for you losersnotta (I put it that way because I think that people that have to "cop a snotty" attitude on purpose, just to put themselves on some sort of pedastal at others expense are really kind of lacking) but ayway--
Your posts remind me of an airhead I once had the displeasure of having to work around for a short while one time.
This airhead was late for-every single day, but people being what they are and all, every one just kind of tolerated-not a problem type of thing.

So anyway-one day, with the airhead late as usual, I personally got a little doubled upped on some work for a few minutes-instead of having to just moniter my area (and keep a half eye out on the airheads area till she arrived each day) I had an out-of-the ordinary call for priority assistance request -a kind of "go the exta mile spur of the moment to try and help type of thing."
Okay, so no problem, my area was under control and all good-the airheads appeared to be okay as well when the priority call for assistance rolled in, so I went ahead to check on the assistance request. Didn't take me 10-15 or so minutes till I was heading back to my area, which was still good and clear, when I was stopped to be enlightened to a pretty interesting scenario.
See thing was, being as the airhead was late for her area each day-she had a good little backlog waiting for her, in HER area that morning. When the (AirH) wasn't there, some decided to try rousting anyone over in my area-which technically meant,if I recieved an assistance request having to do with MY area, that took PRIORITY over keeping one eye out on someone elses area-gratus.
Long story short, when the backlog of people that were scheduled for the OTHER persons area showed up-and she wasn't there-and I was were I should've been, doing what I should've been-they had to WAIT a few minutes. SO when the the AH showed up-late as usual-that same little group of backlogged folks, inquired of her where I might be. Of course, being as she had just gotten there herself-she had NO IDEA that I had a priority assistance call, and chose instead, to speak a Bold faced LIE, in attempts to cover her OWN FAULT and FLAWS no doubt, and dump her OWN smoke and mirror FAULT on me, with out evidence or apparently even with out thought of at least having to have some decency in TRUTH, to at least say she did not know, rather than make up a BOLD FACED LIE.

I have a very LOW regard for people like that leosnotta-I find them shifty and untrustworthy--who often times will try a-n-y-thing just to accomodate their own self servedness.

And you kind of remind me of that type of person.

And I sure wouldn't want ayone like that, sitting on a jury of anyone just trying to get the standard procedure of "Fair trials" as practiced in this nation of Civil laws.

Why poliTICs and the legal system practice of fair jury trials often don't meld well-too many LIARS in poliTICS.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#948163 Jul 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The dispatcher had to protect herself and the city from liability. The only way she could do that was by quoting their boiler plate response, "We don't need for you to do that". If had wanted him not to follow Trayvon, she would have said so.
Again, Zimmerman did nothing wrong. He spotted what he thought might be someone about to commit a crime and he reported it. He can't help the FACT that he was carrying a gun off-duty. Things happen. You are still tilting at windmills.
Your third statement is a stretch in this case but certainly false. All 50 states have some type of Good Samaritan Law which will protect a person who helps out in an emergency, including an off-duty doctor or lifeguard. "An overriding purpose of such statutes are to encourage laypersons and professionals to help out those in need, even when they are under no legal obligation to do so."
http://www.1800lawline.com/blog/...
"Medical professionals cannot be found liable for negligence or medical malpractice for providing aid in an emergency situation outside of their normal place of business or other facilities which are equipped with proper and necessary medical equipment."
That "boilerplate response" is quite the stretch. The only reason to mention it is to get him to stop doing it.

My premise is that being a Neighborhood Watch Captain that he knew the correct procedures & yet ignored them. He should be held to a higher standard than just a guy walking down the street.

Good Samaritan laws protect against lawsuits if the care given is within normal parameters. If you are in a car wreck with a broken arm & a doctor stops by & cuts off your leg, they are not protected by the good samaritan law because as a doctor, they should have known better. The point being that a doctor is still a doctor outside of office hours & held to those standards.

Just as Zimmerman knew better even though off duty. He knew better to follow Martin. He knew better to be armed. He knew better to not identify himself. He was in his neighborhood watch area. If he didn't know, he had no business being a Neighborhood Watch Captain.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#948165 Jul 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>So declares the santimonious Methmouth right before s/he says, "You lunaTic, lying ass, low life, gutter snipe level dirtbag."
Crawl back in your toxic holler there, wrap yourself in the flag, thump your bible, load your concealed weapon, and learn how to spell harassment, subpoena, toothbrush, and SSI while you're at it.
Save it for your chimp packs loser. I don't need any advice (or lessons of any sort) from a loser-hater like you!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#948166 Jul 18, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you sound if someone pounded your head against a concrete sidewalk until you had to shoot them?
I would think having my had "pounded" on concrete would produce a lot more damage than what was on Zimmerman's head. The head bleeds a lot. Where was all the blood from that near death experience?
Jakob Frank

Waynesboro, MS

#948167 Jul 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You dumb Mississippi redneck welfare queen wonders why no one cares when your behavior and ignorance is the issue, nothing more you idiot...
It's the culture...
Bill O White People Welfare.mpg
Watch:

Bill O to Rick "the dick" Santorum

Quote:
...but you threw in "black people", when most of the people, as you know... on welfare.. are "WHITE PEOPLE".
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#948168 Jul 18, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Here in my hometown, I'm known to rock out. If I was stalking a dude &, he caught wind of me doing such &, a fight broke out. I would fight until I couldn't fight anymore. I wouldn't just shoot dude because I was violating him from the beginning. Now put in context everything from that night. The emergency dispatcher first told him to not follow Martin, then informed him the police were already on their way. When he hung up the phone, he was 20 yds from the T where the fight broke out. Yet it was 2min before the fight broke out so, in 2 min & some sec, Zimmerman only made it 20yds. More evidence he was stalking Martin! Now after all those violations, the fight breaks out. A grown man.against a 16yr old kid! The grown man knowing the police is on the way & the kid fighting for his life from a stranger that stalked him for over 200yds. He knew exactly what he was doing . That's why he shot instead of getting a warning shot or, telling the boy," I got a gun." The reason it's difficult to put myself in Zimmerman's shoes is, if I thought someone looked suspicious, I would've grabbed my gun & approached the situation loudly, with my hand on my gun. Letting dude know I'm strapped & and him what is he doing here. Chances are, everything would've been resolved without the police or the altercation. If Zimmerman identified himself (neighborhood watch) & let Trayvon know he was strapped, the situation would've been resolved without incident. and that's after all the mistakes Zimmerman made.
Thing is though, we can't make up the scenario we'd rather have seen it-we can only base it on the evidence as presented.
IF it all gets the once over again-I would hope that ALL evidence is presented--rather than trying for the "poliTICal" sway, because politics should never play a part in something such as this case.

Why thuggery and violence never really solves anything. Ignorance.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#948169 Jul 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You do know where you can put you cached records don't you, Methmouth. Why do have so much trouble with that term when you live in the Meth capital of the nation and write dialect as if you have no teeth and a mushy brain? Too close to home?
Too bad for you, I have ALL my teeth -in good shape to boot-and PLENTY of well working brain matter.

I just often apply back, with what is directed at me-and in your case, that would be assumptive, clueless, IGNORANCE. As in WRONG judgement call-you self bloviated idiot.
Jakob Frank

Waynesboro, MS

#948170 Jul 18, 2013
Poor Whites/Rich Blacks - South Africa
Watch:
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#948171 Jul 18, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, you bring race in again... as usual.
Take it one post back-and read your OWN loathesome post of vileness.

Wasn't me that mentioned any nasty, dark age "KKK" crap.

Choke on your own Race baiting racism- hater.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#948172 Jul 18, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you do son. According to Florida law.
Especially if you're the last man standing.
Self defense is self defense.

TM was the one standing-NOT Zimmerman.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#948173 Jul 18, 2013
Jakob Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Bill O White People Welfare.mpg
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Qkbsw0ZsCn8XX
Bill O to Rick "the dick" Santorum
Quote:
...but you threw in "black people", when most of the people, as you know... on welfare.. are "WHITE PEOPLE".
The blacks may have switched parties, bought, enslaved and paid for by LBJ, but the demokkkRats kept and still have all their bigots and racist management...

I'll have those n**g*rs voting demokkkRatic for the next 200 years” Lyndon B. Johnson

Yet widespread opinion among blacks: RACE TRUMPS COMMON SENSE...

If the Negro in the ghetto must eternally be fed by the masters Jew hand that pushes him into a sold out ghetto, he will never become strong enough to escape the sellout of the ghetto, you idiot4life... LBJ's welfare state left the black community in a permanent state of bondage to their political Jew slave masters.

Leftwinger JEW Race Profiteer Bill Maher profiting from the "negro's problems"...

It's the culture...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#948174 Jul 18, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>In This country, you are what your father is. His father is white. He's privy to white privilege. Evidenced by his father getting his record for assault on an officer expunged along with his domestic violence charges that would've prevented legally owning a gun. So you think Johnson & Johnson would've funded his defense of he were considered Hispanic? You have to see things from black people eyes. The majority of white people see this type of injustice & say & do absolutely nothing. Meanwhile, it's happening to black folks on a daily basis. So, for the most part, it's you're either with me or against me! Y'all take it as racist because, you self identify the the true target of black folks frustrations. It just so happens that, the system is run by elite level white folks & the fact that most of y'all remain silent is like involuntarily siding with the elites. When I say elites, I mean from the top of the top, down to the court system where all white folks are privy to white privilege & blacks get crucified! If you're honest with yourself, you know I'm right!
What's "white privelage"?

Having to work, break back and pay for every little last (GD) thing anyone gets in this life?

That it?

Well WELCOME to the REALITY of it then.
NO affirmative action, fweeduhm riding anything for you either then!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#948175 Jul 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I would think having my had "pounded" on concrete would produce a lot more damage than what was on Zimmerman's head. The head bleeds a lot. Where was all the blood from that near death experience?
Well gee, Dumb Dave, since you are such an expert on the subject, how come the Prosecution Team didn't seek you out so your "know-it-all" bullshit could have convicted Zimmerman?

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#948176 Jul 18, 2013
OK. What did I miss?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#948177 Jul 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
The IRS scandal back in the forefront.
Evidence presented the directive came from higher and higher up the ladder of command.
Really? Then you must be listening to a different congressional hearing than I am...

"J. Russell George, the inspector general at the Treasury Department investigating the IRS targeting scandal, told Congress on Thursday that he did not block the disclosure of documents showing the tax agency may have targeted liberal groups."

It's a Republican witch hunt that is going no where.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 min Cold Front 69,712
Did the dems forget this B4 marching, recently? 2 hr Mr-conner 1
Where can I rent private proxies for web scraping? (Aug '12) 3 hr Carl 8
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Earthling-1 52,866
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr Guru 187,368
abby 4-26 9 hr Mister Tonka 2
Amy 4-26 9 hr Mister Tonka 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]