Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252173 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#948010 Jul 18, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't care enough about your own self and health to go take the HIV-Test than at least do it for your loved ones.
What do you mean by "your loved ones"??

yer funnier than a fairy's barracks, Dood..
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948011 Jul 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I was commenting on Galt's premise that it was not free market based.
But hey, great & informative response from the Flacktard.
Subsidized insurance is not a free market, nor are the severely limited options available on exchanges like Covered California.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#948012 Jul 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Juror E-54 was a middle aged white man__sorry!
The was a potential black male juror but he was a news junkie, trial attorneys don't like news junkies, trial junkies, bloggers etc. etc.
Just imagine trying to find a jury in a room full of stooges like you?
"realtime"
Based on your posts they did find the jury in a room full of stooges.
Peace
KMA

Lapeer, MI

#948013 Jul 18, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have basements in Florida dummy and, we have police for a reason. Trayvon Martin was the one who was threatened by Zimmerman and could have invoked the stand your ground law and beat him to death. If he was a badass, he would have beat him to a pulp, taken that babys gun, shot him and stolen his car. You know nothing you racist pos. Now, gfy
Brother Trayvon was on quicksand.

He couldn't stand his ground.

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#948014 Jul 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Black Alternate Juror For Zimmerman Trial: "I Supported The Verdict"
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/0...
How many times have you been out of the loop old man and called others liars drooling in your soup and had to be proven wrong Realtime and brought up to snuff by Carol to get your diaper changed?? HOW MANY???
It's the culture...
Not black, floDUH, you must be confusing him with your grandchildren.

Lapeer, MI

#948015 Jul 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Trial outcomes depend on may things besides guilty or innocent. It does not change the fact that Zimmerman's actions ended up killing a unarmed teenage kid walking along a sidewalk in a community where his father was staying.
Maybe in your redneck la la land, that makes perfectly good sense.
Zimmerman was supposed to be a trained professional but made many mistakes that caused Martin's death.
Zimmerman was supposed to be a trained professional????

Professional WHAT, Idiot?

Was Brother Trayvon a Professional Purple Drank Bartender?
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#948016 Jul 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Just how stupid is Ruth Chambers Holt?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/kennett-mo/TB...
It's the culture..
Hey everybody!

Look at this loser.....spamming all day long.

Thinks every ip from nc is someone named ruth.

Spam on spammer:

Galt and the rest proved liars today!

ACA: med insurance rates OVER 50% LESS!!

IN NEW YORK!

THE MOST EXPENSIVE PLACE ON EARTH.

eat shtttt rt winger trash! Eat shttttt! Liars!

Lapeer, MI

#948017 Jul 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
For all the railing against dysfunction in the nation’s capital, very little actually happened to overcome it — until this week. That’s why the agreement to begin putting an end to Senate filibusters of presidential nominees is a very big deal. It is an acknowledgment that the only way to stop political bullying is to confront the bully.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...
So...they're going to finally impeach the Bass Turd?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#948018 Jul 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Zimmerman had no sense. No sense to stay in his truck, no sense not to be armed, no sense to identify himself as Neighborhood Watch.
He is not blameless.
See, this is where I disagree.

FACT: Everyone has the right to follow a suspicious person...in fact, some would say it is actually a public duty. "It is much better to report several people that are suspicious but turn
out to be all right than to not report anyone out of fear of embarrassment." NMSU Police Department.

FACT: Zimmerman had every right to carry a gun to protect himself.

FACT: Zimmerman was not working Neighborhood Watch that night so to identify himself as such would have been misleading.

Facts cannot be disputed just because you do not like where the path leads. I really hope people don't stop following suspicious people because of this case. Although I hope they will think twice about carrying a gun. IMO, pepper spray is a much better option.

Here is a police department description of a "suspicious person" and their instruction on what to do about it.{How is a person to collect the needed information without following the person?}

What To Do If You See A Suspicious Person

If you see someone that is suspicious, note the following:

What they are wearing
What they look like (height, build, hair color, skin complexion, etc.)
Where they are
The direction they are heading (if they are moving)
Any vehicles they are using (include type, color, and license plate, if possible)
What they are doing

http://www.nmsu.edu/safety/security/suspeople...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#948019 Jul 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Floridians have made about a third of the state’s total “Stand Your Ground” claims in homicide cases, a rate nearly double the black percentage of Florida’s population. The majority of those claims have been successful, a success rate that exceeds that for Florida whites.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/16/blacks-bene...
Approximately one third of Florida “Stand Your Ground” claims in fatal cases have been made by black defendants, and they have used the defense successfully 55 percent of the time, at the same rate as the population at large and at a higher rate than white defendants, according to a Daily Caller analysis of a database maintained by the Tampa Bay Times. Additionally, the majority of victims in Florida “Stand Your Ground” cases have been white.
According to the Tampa Bay Times, 59 percent of blacks who killed a white were acquitted under the Stand Your Ground law.
Yes, there was a bigger percentage of whites acquitted but blacks don't make up the majority of Florida's population.
So just hush, okay? Seriously.
At least 44 Florida blacks exonerated using Florida's "Stand Your Ground defense" claim...

It's the culture...

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#948020 Jul 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
More black racism.
So there "black" racism... and white racism and red racism and brown racism and yellow racism according to you? Could you please provide a brief definition of those terms.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#948021 Jul 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Juror E-54 was a middle aged white man__sorry!
The was a potential black male juror but he was a news junkie, trial attorneys don't like news junkies, trial junkies, bloggers etc. etc.
Just imagine trying to find a jury in a room full of stooges like you?
I owe you an apology. I was wrong. You were right. In the interview, he sounded black.

So I'm sorry. Please forgive me.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#948022 Jul 18, 2013
San Diego Mayor Bob Filner is perverted democrat...

It's the culture...
Jane Says

New York, NY

#948023 Jul 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a moron.
In the Martin case, a kid was shot & killed & the police didn't press charges or even investigate Zimmerman.
With the baby being shot, are you saying the shooter would not be prosecuted?
And really, arresting a man for breaking into his own home is pretty GD stupid.
the definition of moron would be excusing a president who "leads from behind" in all important issues (especially when he needs a good nights sleep before heading to a campaign fundraiser); but before facts are known he jumps right in to make divisive, hate-mongering statements--when it fits his political agenda.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948024 Jul 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is time to move away from accusing Zimmerman of murder and racial profiling but not necessarily away from the deep seated racial animosity. It's a problem that should not be swept under the rug.
When we have a city like Chicago and Philadelphia closing down public schools in underprivileged areas {90 percent of students affected by public school closings in Chicago are African American; 79% in Philadelphia} we have a problem.
"From Oct. 21, 2010, to Jan. 1, 2013, the Office of Civil Rights has investigated 27 school closings, finding insufficient evidence of civil rights violations in every case. Currently, the office has 33 open cases involving 29 school districts in 22 states, officials said."
Is it any wonder blacks feel disenfranchised? Hopefully the Trayvon Martin case will open up much needed dialogue.
Given the fact that Philadelphia is 60% black and Hispanic, and given the high dropout rates in those communities, your statistic is hardly surprising.

Galt places the blame directly on the white racist Mayor and school board.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#948025 Jul 18, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey everybody!
Look at this loser.....spamming all day long.
Thinks every ip from nc is someone named ruth.
Spam on spammer:
Galt and the rest proved liars today!
ACA: med insurance rates OVER 50% LESS!!
IN NEW YORK!
THE MOST EXPENSIVE PLACE ON EARTH.
eat shtttt rt winger trash! Eat shttttt! Liars!
Just how stupid is Ruth Chambers Holt?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/kennett-mo/TB...

The Government Cheese and Non Sentient Welfare Crowd... The Blind Lead...

The sad and dangerous part here is that there are millions of Cheese Thieves like you crawling across urban America at this moment eggplant.

It's the culture...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#948026 Jul 18, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman was supposed to be a trained professional????
Professional WHAT, Idiot?
Was Brother Trayvon a Professional Purple Drank Bartender?
Neighborhood Watch Captain.

Neighborhood Watch has certain protocols & guidelines.

He should have known better.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#948027 Jul 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Her motto is "if you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsht."
And in my experience, all tea party mutts are clueless like that.
I had to heave some fat far right hag out of a meeting a few weeks back because she became so enraged that she started shaking and foaming at the mouth___I thought her head was going to explode.
I don't know who is more stupid?? A deltona redneck called Realtime or a hillbilly dumbass Leoanus in Ohio.....

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948028 Jul 18, 2013
Galt is amused by the delay of the employer mandate because the government couldn't get its act together soon enough.

In private business, all involved would either be fired or would work nights and weekends on the own time to get the job done.

Own time, not overtime.

Lapeer, MI

#948029 Jul 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The Grumpy Old Prick/multi-moron sock drawer seeks to start a riot, but nobody came...kinda' like the turnout to elect war criminal Cheney's dough-faced daughter?
Take a bottle of aspirin and call me in the morning, Baby:]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 min Go Blue Forever 99,920
Amy 7-6-15 13 min Mister Tonka 2
Abby 7-6-15 35 min Mister Tonka 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 192,431
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr nag 6,149
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr nag 1,671
aggy-6-30-15 3 hr RACE 14
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages