Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509509 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#948117 Jul 18, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that is a scene straight out of Planet of the Apes!! If I were driving one of those cars I would floor it and run over as many of those murderous thugs as I could, then open fire when the rest of the chimp mob attacked.....
Yeah...but think of all the Windshield Wiper Fluid you'd have to use!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#948118 Jul 18, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be held against you."
You do NOT have the right to harm in any way-anyone else. Should you stick your hand ignorantly into a wasps nest and get stung-that would be only of your OWN doings-derived of your own Ignorance and hatred- now doubt.
COMMON SENSE.
Yes you do son. According to Florida law.

Especially if you're the last man standing.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#948119 Jul 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>But juror B37 said it was part of the reason there could be no other verdict. Maybe the Justice Department can put SYG on trial--SYG = snuff the witnesses in my book.
The prosecution overshot. If they had stuck with manslaughter, there might have been a different outcome. And other people would have been angry with the verdict.

But they went for 2nd degree requiring them to prove intentional malice. They couldn't because there was none.

If people want to be mad at somebody, they should be mad at the prosecution.

The SYG law would have to be changed in nearly half the states.

Is the federal government's job to meddle into states' laws?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#948120 Jul 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So why bother? Why did the dispatcher bother telling Zimmerman that they did not need him to follow Martin? I mean other to get him not to?
Being a Neighborhood Watch Captain means he knows the correct way to patrol , spot crime & report it. He knows that he should not be armed & not be confrontational & identify himself.
If a doctor stops at accident scene to help, he can be sued for malpractice because he is considered a doctor after office hours. A lifeguard can be held responsible at a drowning scene even if they are not on duty.
And do not ever give someone in another car the hand motion like they can go, if an accident ensues you can be held responsible.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#948121 Jul 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Rather nice that you and Zimmy need a gin. Really, just because one person of a race does something heinous does not justify condemning all members of that race to be shot on sight...just think what all we white folk would have to endure over the actions of Dumbya and Darth Cheney.(Well, actually, I guess there's no stopping that one.)
Didn't anyone of you Grumpy Old Pricks ever read "To Kill A Mockingbird"? Did you understand the plot at all?
I've got the DVD but what the hell does it have to do with extremely high black crime rates and high rates of black racism?

Go play in Hollywood and leave us normal folks alone, Bimbo:]
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#948122 Jul 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You do know where you can put you cached records don't you, Methmouth. Why do have so much trouble with that term when you live in the Meth capital of the nation and write dialect as if you have no teeth and a mushy brain? Too close to home?
Ghetto Folks, A Dumb Beauty Queen and Why The Country Is In A Mess

Black Alternate Juror For Zimmerman Trial: "I Supported The Verdict"

The Government Cheese and Non Sentient Welfare Crowd... The Blind Lead...

It's the culture...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#948123 Jul 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Posted July 18, 2013 - Real Clear Politics July 18, 2013
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/0...
Even though It's rather obvious you are a loser or white trash Homer, Jail house wife and/or lap dancer bitch... Homer wonders why no one cares when his behavior is the issue, nothing more you idiot.
It's the culture..
Couldn't Fox even get a black person for their video?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#948124 Jul 18, 2013
The IRS scandal back in the forefront.

Evidence presented the directive came from higher and higher up the ladder of command.
Shabbetai Tzvi

Meridian, MS

#948125 Jul 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It's a Fox News video, you can't believe them. Plus his hands are whiter than an albinos. So Fox shadows out the body and face but leaves the white hands visible. Just How evil is Fox News and their affiliates? I would not believe anything Fox reports, that's just basic common sense.
Amdocs and Comverse FoxNews
Watch:

The U.S. Government buys it "spying technology" from "Jews-R-US"

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#948126 Jul 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What was the final disposition on that? Iirc it occurred in/over North Carolina and involved underage drinking and assault-pushin-shovin etc. Did they give the kid a pass because his daddy's a US Senator? Wouldn't be the first time eh?
Hasn't been another word about it since January...probably paid a fine, or not. Nobody's any whiter than Rand and "When you're white, it's all right." Methmouth want to see a Paul/Christie ticket--now that might turn into a SYG/last man standing situation in no time. Would Christie's weight be used against him?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#948127 Jul 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What was the final disposition on that? Iirc it occurred in/over North Carolina and involved underage drinking and assault-pushin-shovin etc. Did they give the kid a pass because his daddy's a US Senator? Wouldn't be the first time eh?
You'd do better having a conversation with one of your house pets, than trying to a congenial, cognitive conversation with Leosanus...

It's the culture...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#948128 Jul 18, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Not really.
They give themselves a smaller raise.
Galt wants to make everyone forget that the employer mandate (a GOP contribution to the ACA and not very popular anyways) was only a very small part of Obamacare and every thing else is coming on line full speed ahead and efficiently . States like California, New York, Louisiana, Oregon ,Rhode Island already reporting that with the new healthcare exchanges there are incredible savings on lower premiums for consumers. http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20130...

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#948129 Jul 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Couldn't Fox even get a black person for their video?
Juan Williams was busy?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#948130 Jul 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So why bother? Why did the dispatcher bother telling Zimmerman that they did not need him to follow Martin? I mean other to get him not to?
Being a Neighborhood Watch Captain means he knows the correct way to patrol , spot crime & report it. He knows that he should not be armed & not be confrontational & identify himself.
If a doctor stops at accident scene to help, he can be sued for malpractice because he is considered a doctor after office hours. A lifeguard can be held responsible at a drowning scene even if they are not on duty.
The dispatcher had to protect herself and the city from liability. The only way she could do that was by quoting their boiler plate response, "We don't need for you to do that". If had wanted him not to follow Trayvon, she would have said so.

Again, Zimmerman did nothing wrong. He spotted what he thought might be someone about to commit a crime and he reported it. He can't help the FACT that he was carrying a gun off-duty. Things happen. You are still tilting at windmills.

Your third statement is a stretch in this case but certainly false. All 50 states have some type of Good Samaritan Law which will protect a person who helps out in an emergency, including an off-duty doctor or lifeguard. "An overriding purpose of such statutes are to encourage laypersons and professionals to help out those in need, even when they are under no legal obligation to do so."

http://www.1800lawline.com/blog/...

"Medical professionals cannot be found liable for negligence or medical malpractice for providing aid in an emergency situation outside of their normal place of business or other facilities which are equipped with proper and necessary medical equipment."

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#948131 Jul 18, 2013
"Thanks to overwhelming activism from consumers like you the Senate voted 66-34 to confirm Richard Cordray as Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau!

Some lawmakers had refused to consider any nominee unless changes were made to the CFPB that would weaken its ability to protect consumers. A deal was reached today and a bipartisan group of Senators voted to move forward on the confirmation. Today, led by Senator McCain, the Senate reached a reasonable compromise and consumers have won a hard fought victory."

Here is the Honor Roll of Yay-sayers: YEAs 66
Baldwin (D-WI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Begich (D-AK)
Bennet (D-CO)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coburn (R-OK)
Collins (R-ME)
Coons (D-DE)
Corker (R-TN)
Donnelly (D-IN)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Flake (R-AZ)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY) Graham (R-SC)
Hagan (D-NC)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Heinrich (D-NM)
Heitkamp (D-ND)
Hirono (D-HI)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kaine (D-VA)
King (I-ME)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Manchin (D-WV)
Markey (D-MA)
McCain (R-AZ)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD) Murkowski (R-AK)
Murphy (D-CT)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Portman (R-OH)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schatz (D-HI)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Tester (D-MT)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Warren (D-MA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wicker (R-MS)
Wyden (D-OR)

Here are the embarrassed Boo-Birds: NAYs 34
Alexander (R-TN)
Ayotte (R-NH)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Blunt (R-MO)
Boozman (R-AR)
Burr (R-NC)
Chiesa (R-NJ)
Coats (R-IN)
Cochran (R-MS)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
Cruz (R-TX) Enzi (R-WY)
Fischer (R-NE)
Grassley (R-IA)
Heller (R-NV)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Johanns (R-NE)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kirk (R-IL)
Lee (R-UT)
McConnell (R-KY)
Moran (R-KS) Paul (R-KY)
Risch (R-ID)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rubio (R-FL)
Scott (R-SC)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)
Toomey (R-PA)
Vitter (R-LA)
http://defendyourdollars.org/posts/2725-victo...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#948132 Jul 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Couldn't Fox even get a black person for their video?
If you can't answer or disprove the argument, don't panic you idiot. You can always scream Fox or call people names....

Posted July 18, 2013 - Real Clear Politics July 18, 2013

It's the culture..
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#948133 Jul 18, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> what we have is quite simple, a hispanic man trying to be a cop and do good and a common street thug that had to much attitude to walk away and not resort to violence. Now we have another street thug dean and a hispanic man with no future, the saddest part of it all is the ignorance of the blacks that are attacking whites and blaming them for being racist when not even one white person was involved. Seems the racisim of the blacks over rules any rational thought.
In This country, you are what your father is. His father is white. He's privy to white privilege. Evidenced by his father getting his record for assault on an officer expunged along with his domestic violence charges that would've prevented legally owning a gun. So you think Johnson & Johnson would've funded his defense of he were considered Hispanic? You have to see things from black people eyes. The majority of white people see this type of injustice & say & do absolutely nothing. Meanwhile, it's happening to black folks on a daily basis. So, for the most part, it's you're either with me or against me! Y'all take it as racist because, you self identify the the true target of black folks frustrations. It just so happens that, the system is run by elite level white folks & the fact that most of y'all remain silent is like involuntarily siding with the elites. When I say elites, I mean from the top of the top, down to the court system where all white folks are privy to white privilege & blacks get crucified! If you're honest with yourself, you know I'm right!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#948134 Jul 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
But the whole point is everyone demanded a trial. That's all the parents said they wanted. Heck, that's all I wanted.
The SYG law was no longer an issue once the trial began because Zimmerman didn't want it to be.
So why do you keep talking about it?
Actually, the attorney reserved that right.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#948135 Jul 18, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Galt wants to make everyone forget that the employer mandate (a GOP contribution to the ACA and not very popular anyways) was only a very small part of Obamacare and every thing else is coming on line full speed ahead and efficiently . States like California, New York, Louisiana, Oregon ,Rhode Island already reporting that with the new healthcare exchanges there are incredible savings on lower premiums for consumers. http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20130...
It's their usual political ploy.

If they can't win on Constitutional grounds, they switch to 'doom and gloom' to scare people off.

Spending money has NEVER been a problem for cons. So long as they spend it on their pet projects.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#948136 Jul 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They should have an open dialogue with the people. And, just for the record, I don't need to be black to understand why they may feel marginalized.
I can understand that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 32 min Patriot AKA Bozo 8,076
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 52 min JRB 239,522
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 10,502
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 3,632
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 4 hr Mel 199
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Mothra 63,572
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 hr Sublime1 105,060

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages