Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1498403 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#948038 Jul 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Uncle Toms need not apply.
Blacks cannot succeed without government control.
Independent thought and action is prohibited.
Magic Negro Collective: "Resistance is futile"

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#948040 Jul 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know who is more stupid?? A deltona redneck called Realtime or a hillbilly dumbass Leoanus in Ohio.....
It's the culture...
Most stupid...no contest, floDUH sock: that would be you. Now do the "right" thing and apologize for blatantly telling lies.(Did he SOUND BLACK to you too, or did you even bother watching?) [email protected]

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#948041 Jul 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is time to move away from accusing Zimmerman of murder and racial profiling but not necessarily away from the deep seated racial animosity. It's a problem that should not be swept under the rug.
When we have a city like Chicago and Philadelphia closing down public schools in underprivileged areas {90 percent of students affected by public school closings in Chicago are African American; 79% in Philadelphia} we have a problem.
"From Oct. 21, 2010, to Jan. 1, 2013, the Office of Civil Rights has investigated 27 school closings, finding insufficient evidence of civil rights violations in every case. Currently, the office has 33 open cases involving 29 school districts in 22 states, officials said."
Is it any wonder blacks feel disenfranchised? Hopefully the Trayvon Martin case will open up much needed dialogue.
If you feel like you're being disenfranchised, why don't you elect Democrats to run your city?

Oh, yeah. That IS the problem there.

So, just what do you think Chicago and Philadelphia should do about that problem?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#948042 Jul 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
See, this is where I disagree.
FACT: Everyone has the right to follow a suspicious person...in fact, some would say it is actually a public duty. "It is much better to report several people that are suspicious but turn
out to be all right than to not report anyone out of fear of embarrassment." NMSU Police Department.
FACT: Zimmerman had every right to carry a gun to protect himself.
FACT: Zimmerman was not working Neighborhood Watch that night so to identify himself as such would have been misleading.
Facts cannot be disputed just because you do not like where the path leads. I really hope people don't stop following suspicious people because of this case. Although I hope they will think twice about carrying a gun. IMO, pepper spray is a much better option.
Here is a police department description of a "suspicious person" and their instruction on what to do about it.{How is a person to collect the needed information without following the person?}
What To Do If You See A Suspicious Person
If you see someone that is suspicious, note the following:
What they are wearing
What they look like (height, build, hair color, skin complexion, etc.)
Where they are
The direction they are heading (if they are moving)
Any vehicles they are using (include type, color, and license plate, if possible)
What they are doing
http://www.nmsu.edu/safety/security/suspeople...
1) Everyone has the right to protect himself from a stalker. Zimmerman was told not to follow by the police dispatcher.

2) Neighborhood Watch guidelines say NOT to be armed.

3) He was employed as Neighborhood Watch in the neighborhood he stalked Martin. Claiming off duty does not free him from the guidelines.

Where in those guidelines you listed does it say to follow them? No where.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#948044 Jul 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You see the word BLACK anywhere and that's all you see, floDUH: "E54 was the next prospective juror, described as a white male probably in his 50s, and a “dead ringer for Oliver Stone.” He recalled Zimmerman phoning the police to report a suspicious person. He also recalled that there was a later 911 call. E54 appeared to be by far the best informed juror of the day. He knew that Zimmerman had not been arrested right away, and that he was eventually charged with second degree murder. He also knew about the protests at the time, but says he “lost interest in it.” He expressed wonder at why there were protests when the police apparently though there was no reason to even charge Zimmerman, and assumed that new evidence must have been developed which led to Zimmerman’s later arrest. He said he thought about joining a protest because of Zimmermans’ arrest.[Editorial comment: No jury for you!] "
Black Alternate Juror For Zimmerman Trial: "I Supported The Verdict"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/0...

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948047 Jul 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Only 22 states have a SYG law and naturally Florida's is the most widen open thus it's nickname, "shoot first and ask questions later."
George would have been booked on some charge in about half of the US states and would then have had to lawyer up/shut up.
Based on his his readily available Florida criminal record which indicates a propensity for anger/violence he should have been booked immediately and attend a first hearing so a judge could decide rather than a few cops who might have been influenced by George's bff the air marshal.
George was given a cursory interview and sent along home before the John Doe was identified. The police later admitted that they were lax in their initial investigation. Did you know that the investigator didn't know that George was driving until George told him the following day? The police never inspected the truck, they didn't even know where in the fk it was parked. George's wife Shellie came over and picked it up with the spare keys. George's keyfob was found twenty feet from where George told police that Trayvon punched him.
22 out of 50 is a lot

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#948048 Jul 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I don't know, VHB, it might be that the baby shooter was arrested (and will probably fry) almost immediately, and after forty-eight days Zimmerman was still free and according to Sanford officials not going to be charged with anything...also, I don't think a white hispanic baby would really look like Obama. Of course, I agree that the Boston cop behaved stupidly in body slamming and elderly prof with a cane who was trying to get into his own house.
According to the verdict, he should never have been arrested.

If the state's attorney had not committed a felony and hid evidence from the grand jury, there would never have been an arrest.

How about protecting Zimmerman's civil rights?
Oh, yeah. Civil rights only pertain to black people, right?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#948050 Jul 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Only 22 states have a SYG law and naturally Florida's is the most widen open thus it's nickname, "shoot first and ask questions later."
George would have been booked on some charge in about half of the US states and would then have had to lawyer up/shut up.
Based on his his readily available Florida criminal record which indicates a propensity for anger/violence he should have been booked immediately and attend a first hearing so a judge could decide rather than a few cops who might have been influenced by George's bff the air marshal.
George was given a cursory interview and sent along home before the John Doe was identified. The police later admitted that they were lax in their initial investigation. Did you know that the investigator didn't know that George was driving until George told him the following day? The police never inspected the truck, they didn't even know where in the fk it was parked. George's wife Shellie came over and picked it up with the spare keys. George's keyfob was found twenty feet from where George told police that Trayvon punched him.
By the way, cities and towns all over the country who arrest people without probable cause routinely pay out significant settlements to avoid potential damages.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#948051 Jul 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
So, hat did they fund in Zimmerman's toxicology report from the night of the shooting?
Unlike an autopsy, testing Zimmerman for drugs and alcohol would not have been standard procedure. Obviously Zimmerman didn't exhibit the effects of either or he would have been tested. You are tilting at windmills.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#948053 Jul 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I owe you an apology. I was wrong. You were right. In the interview, he sounded black.
So I'm sorry. Please forgive me.
Yeah and he looked black too because myfoxorlando had him in shadow kinda like CNN did with B-37 the attorneys wife who referred to black folk as "they."

BTW I like that Valerie Boie reporter, she's the one who interviewed George's dad early on when he went of Obama. I'm pretty sure that George's dad is a rightie.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#948054 Jul 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Most stupid...no contest, floDUH sock: that would be you. Now do the "right" thing and apologize for blatantly telling lies.(Did he SOUND BLACK to you too, or did you even bother watching?) [email protected]
Black Alternate Juror For Zimmerman Trial: "I Supported The Verdict"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/0...

It's the culture...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#948055 Jul 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
So, hat did they fund in Zimmerman's toxicology report from the night of the shooting?
Do you mean you don't know?
If there were anything incriminating, I'm sure it would be the lead story on MSNBC for a month.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#948056 Jul 18, 2013
NJ Racist wrote:
<quoted text>
President Carter: Zimmerman Jury "made the right decision"
And being spoken from that many years of respectable Wisdom, from a kind, caring, humane type person, that's saying a whole lot.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#948057 Jul 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the fact that Philadelphia is 60% black and Hispanic, and given the high dropout rates in those communities, your statistic is hardly surprising.
Galt places the blame directly on the white racist Mayor and school board.
It is still a disproportionate number of black school closings. I notice you ignored Chicago..where only 41.7 percent of the students are black but 90 percent of students affected by public school closings are African American, That is called Foxicizing the facts.

Many factors are to blame but it is still unfair.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#948058 Jul 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>There was a quotation somewhat appropriate to Methmouth in a paraphrased form, "We should forgive him/her, s/he knows not what s/he says." The major difficulty with that is that no one else can tell what Methmouth is saying either. I wonder if West would have bullied her like he did Rachel Jeantel on the stand and have his blonde bimbo daughters instagram "We beat stupidity" and celebratory ice cream cones?
Too bad for you -you haven't even beaten your OWN stupidity, you clueless, lying, yellow journalsnipe type dirtbag Ignorant "kkkhunt".
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#948059 Jul 18, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>It's interesting how by 'protecting' yourself, you're willing to take away other people's rights.
My, my. All you're missing is your white hood and robe.
You wear that dark age, IGNORANT "kkk" garb type crappola out enough for twenty people-RACIST bigot, hate inciting, dirtbag Race Baiter.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#948060 Jul 18, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If you feel like you're being disenfranchised, why don't you elect Democrats to run your city?
Oh, yeah. That IS the problem there.
So, just what do you think Chicago and Philadelphia should do about that problem?
They should have an open dialogue with the people. And, just for the record, I don't need to be black to understand why they may feel marginalized.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#948061 Jul 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is still a disproportionate number of black school closings. I notice you ignored Chicago..where only 41.7 percent of the students are black but 90 percent of students affected by public school closings are African American, That is called Foxicizing the facts.
Many factors are to blame but it is still unfair.
Who's fault do you think it is? It does seem like a deliberate decisioin. Who is making those decisions?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#948062 Jul 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would require aspiring to a higher standard of societal expectations and making judgments about right and wrong. And following through with fair but swift consequences of bad behavior.
Those are all progressive liberalism no-no's.
Exactly.

And no wonder decent, civil law abiding type society has had to stoop to such low levels from having to tolerate such ignorance.
Dead Monkey Haha

San Clemente, CA

#948063 Jul 18, 2013
Boy targeted Zimmerman, got what he deserved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 25 min Ize Found 71,399
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min WelbyMD 237,840
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 10,374
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr GEORGIA 3,611
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr CrunchyBacon 105,009
News Hundreds rally, march for transgender rights in... 4 hr actorvet 5
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr boundary painter 6,902

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages