Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#946694 Jul 17, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>and finds it easier to ignore the murders that occur every day--just one example a 17 year old in Chicago, Darryl Green, who was murdered for his refusal to join a gang.
'The sad fact is that the media do not care about dead black Americans, unless those blacks are murdered by whites.
Never mind the fact that blacks constitute 13.1 percent of the American population but 49 percent of murder victims.
Never mind the fact that black life in the inner cities is plagued not by white people stalking down black kids, but by black kids hunting down other black kids.
Such facts don't forward the leftist narrative that America is a terribly brutal and racist country requiring endless government interventionism to fix.
Such facts don't forward the leftist narrative that white folks, particularly conservative white folks who believe in judging people by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin, are the true threat to black success.
Such facts undercut the liberal agenda of ignoring problems in the black community in favor of cobbling together a coalition of people dedicated to fundamentally changing the system.
The left is committed to changing America in basic ways.
But in order to create enough support for changing the greatest and most tolerant nation ever to grace the planet, the left must portray America as an evil, nasty place. Doing that requires promoting the lie that non-black Americans hate black people, and would dig their old white sheets and burning crosses out of storage if given half a chance. Both the media and the Democratic Party are complicit in that propaganda effort. Building on the fact that America used to be a racist place, and ignoring 50-plus years of American transformation, the left has convinced many Americans, both black and white, that America is a grotesque and monstrous place.
For many Americans, it feels so good to buy into that notion. It provides an easy dose of unearned moral superiority -- "America is racist, but I'm not, because I believe America is racist."
It allows Americans to ignore real and pressing problems in favor of moaning about vague and undefined ones -- "forget about Darryl Green, let's talk about institutional racism."
Most of all, it carries with it an easy and dismissive solution -- "let's turn power over to a chosen few who can fix everything."
Meanwhile, more Darryl Greens will die. So will more Trayvon Martins, given the fact that Martin was the product of a broken home, had a criminal history and a history of fighting, and was caught up in drug culture -- all factors in his death, and all problems the media refuse to talk about. But the media don't care about those deaths.
All they care about is the larger goal: fixing America, one fake racial scandal at a time.
now I can agree with everything you said except for Martin's extracurricular activities having anything to do with his death. Was he gang banging that night? Was he high that night? Was he looking for a fight or, did the fight come to him?

Also, I don't agree with your theory of only leftist bigotry. I'm called a negro everyday in this thread by republicans or, righties. I'm having to explain to do called college grads or wannabe intellectuals about white privilege & racism still thriving in this country but, I do agree with most of what you said. Very well put!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#946695 Jul 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain is an embarrassment and is done after 2016 in either event.
All those old dinosaurs need tossed out on their ass. They've been in there way to long. That's 75% of the problem IMO. Only good thing is they are all getting old so they can't last much longer. Especially the Senators.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#946696 Jul 17, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Trayvon is now being exploited by you grievance peddlers, race profiteers, and hate mongers for profit and vote Gilligan...
It's the culture...
And yet, the juror will be making money with her attorney husband.

Lucky her, eh?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#946697 Jul 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you asked.
ObamaKKKare reduces the medical profession to a welfare system where the best and brightest of American youth will find other professions more attractive than medicine. The void will be filled by poorly educated Third-World losers like Shiping Bao.
Well if so then good. They will once again be healing people and not in it for the money. Homer suggests the quality of care will improve dramatically.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#946698 Jul 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I think I helped save America from idiots like you and Romney.
And so far, you idiots have nothing better to offer going into the next round.
Idiocy reigns supreme again in the con camp!
The DNA of the demokkkratic party is inbred with 100+ years of hate and racism.

The dumb Negro wonders why no one cares when his behavior is the issue, nothing more Gilligan...

It's the culture...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#946699 Jul 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you asked.
ObamaKKKare reduces the medical profession to a welfare system where the best and brightest of American youth will find other professions more attractive than medicine. The void will be filled by poorly educated Third-World losers like Shiping Bao.
So?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#946700 Jul 17, 2013
Homer ever the optimist. It's what separates him from the rightwingers and their constant gloom and doom.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#946702 Jul 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Over half of the 'Southern California Hispanics ' got on a plane yesterday to visit relatives in East L.A. and decided just to stay for the better job prospects. Galt is now agrees with President Barack Obama in favor of General Amnesty for 'Southern California Hispanics'.
Baghdad Bob rides again!!!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#946703 Jul 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, the juror will be making money with her attorney husband.
Lucky her, eh?
Trayvons parents have already settled out of court with the HOA's insurer for over a million dollar you idiot...

If Trayvon had been shot for looking at someone the wrong way while in any housing project, it would have not been news at all.

It's the culture...
LCN Llin

United States

#946704 Jul 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
Homer ever the optimist. It's what separates him from the rightwingers and their constant gloom and doom.
Right wingers seems to hate America if they are not in control?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#946705 Jul 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
Homer owes his soul to the government store"...

It's the culture...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#946706 Jul 17, 2013
TUCSON, Ariz. A Tucson, Ariz., police officer has been fired after authorities say he pulled a gun on a gas station attendant while off duty and apparently intoxicated.

The Pima County Sheriff's Department notified Tucson police that 23-year-old Kyle James McCartin was arrested early Tuesday on two counts of aggravated assault.

Deputies were called to a Giant Gas Station and learned two men who appeared very intoxicated entered the store wearing bulletproof vests.

Authorities say one of the men pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the clerk twice.

Deputies found the men at a nearby apartment complex and the clerk identified McCartin as the man with the gun.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#946707 Jul 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Well if so then good. They will once again be healing people and not in it for the money. Homer suggests the quality of care will improve dramatically.
re are days when I truly hope you are putting on a charade. I only hope no one can really be this stupid!!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#946708 Jul 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> All those old dinosaurs need tossed out on their ass. They've been in there way to long. That's 75% of the problem IMO. Only good thing is they are all getting old so they can't last much longer. Especially the Senators.
LOL
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#946709 Jul 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Baghdad Bob rides again!!!
Agree. You are a lot like him.

$7 gas, economic collapse in 2010, 2011, 2012, Romney will win, electric bills going up tenfold, etc. etc. etc....

You're not actually him are you?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#946710 Jul 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Zimmerman have any criminal convictions?
I don't know, is it relevant?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#946712 Jul 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
Day 4 since the verdict, Martin still dead, Zimmerman still free to kill again.
Yeah, that bullet proof vest puts 50 pounds on him
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#946713 Jul 17, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Right wingers seems to hate America if they are not in control?
Absolutely. Excellent observation.
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Oklahoma City, OK

#946714 Jul 17, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hate President Obama crowd seems also the Hate America Crowd.
The hate rich corporations sure shops at walmart crowd...

The hate rich corporations sure loves bailing our rich GM crowd...

Over....and..over

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#946715 Jul 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So?
Well, sure didn't take long to prove me wrong.

Back in an hour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 19 min andet1987 4,709
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Zap Brannigan 98,198
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,465
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 177,959
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 69,347
In Chicago's war zones, the tragedy extends bey... 2 hr SMH 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 46,575
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••