Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#946945 Jul 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not defending Martin or attacking Zimmerman, I'm correcting you lying idiots.
Pretty obvious to me.
And you've "corrected" me where? Every day more & more revelations about the thug trayvon's felonious habits emerge. If there IS a civil trial (which I highly doubt), EVERYTHING is admissible, so he wont be able to hide behind Angela Corey and the rest of the corrupt D.A.'s office anymore.

Its not looking good for your crusade, so now would probably be the time to switch sides (before the boat gets too far from the dock and you end up completely soaked).....:-)
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#946946 Jul 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, people (including me) have been seeking treatment in other countries way before Obamacare for better, more affordable treatment.
The same treatment, but overseas? Like the Philippines?

That's new to me.

Unless you head east.

BTW, cosmetic treatment doesn't qualify.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#946947 Jul 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, people (including me) have been seeking treatment in other countries way before Obamacare for better, more affordable treatment.
Out of curiosity, is it still cheaper when you factor in the travel expense?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#946948 Jul 17, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Sprite & jolly ranchers, not iced tea smart ass!
2,000 photos from Trayvon's obama phone were not shown to defense attorneys, violating Zimmerman's Civil Rights, including pictures of underage naked girls pedophilia, images showing piles of jewelry on Trayvon's bed and photos of Martin blowing smoke.

Other items taken from Trayvon's obama phone included text-message discussions of drugs and pictures of a gun and marijuana plants.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/26/justice/florida...

It's the culture...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#946949 Jul 17, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Dangerous is good IF for the right purpose.
The Allies were dangerous to the Nazis.
Cops are dangerous to Hoodies.
George Zimmerman was dangerous to Saint Trayvon.
Simple. Basic. Easy to grasp.
Unless you are a racist pig.
Nevertheless, I didn't say y'all were dangerous. In fact y'all are more sissy than anything.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#946950 Jul 17, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
ANY high sugar source, retard. And we know how you negroes likes yo watermelon tea......:-)
Otis Reed

Oak Hill, WV

#946951 Jul 17, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
Fox trolls seem active on the trial.
Like you?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#946952 Jul 17, 2013
sadden wrote:
here is whats sad....most presidents help out their home town when they hold titles like MR. PRESIDENT...but obama has not done one thing to help chicago...why is that...crime is running rampant..and he wont do a thing to help...why is that?
Well, first of all, Chicago is not Obama's "hometown". That would be Honolulu, Hawaii. That said, name one thing the Bushy boys did for Crawford, Texas while they were presidents. Bill Clinton for Hope, Arkansas? Ronald Reagan for Tampico, Illinois; Los Angeles or Santa Barbara? Jimmy Carter for Plains, Georgia? Etc, Etc, Etc. Other than generating business for the tourist trade, I can't think of one thing.

Tick Tock.
proud2bwhite

United States

#946953 Jul 17, 2013
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

dear black panther pussycats .. if you truely want it then bring it. If you insist on suicide let's get it over with as we have lots to do and don't want to waste to much time on people like you ...and what the hell is a purple people.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#946954 Jul 17, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Basically stalking is to, follow someone stealthily from a predatorial position. Ring a bell?
Now, given the overwhelming evidence that Zimmerman stalked Trayvon, causing Trayvon to defend himself. How can Zimmerman then claim self defense?
The fact that you think you know the meaning of such a simple word as stalk & no one else does, really raises question on you definition of knowledge!
"Stealthily" rules out zimmerman stalking trayvon.
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Oklahoma City, OK

#946955 Jul 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously you don't, can't or refuse to read.
A rather natural trait of right wing extremist fanaticism.
you have to vote for Democrats to provide you with a meal yet you question my reading ability?

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#946957 Jul 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who are intelligent enough to become physicians can see the handwriting on the wall.
OMG more paying customers. What will we ever do.

If you are a good doctor, you will make more profit on medicare patients. Outcome based pay means those doctors who are better get rewarded.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#946958 Jul 17, 2013
Deputies: This Man Kidnapped, Raped 5-Year-Old in Bradenton

Manatee County authorities are still looking for the suspect. The suspect is described as a black man around 5-foot-10 and 220 pounds..

http://bradenton.patch.com/groups/breaking-ne...

It's the culture...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#946959 Jul 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let me present you with the same scenario which was presented to Homer and Lily.
What if a black man had noticed a white teenager acting suspicious in his neighborhood, called the police and then tried to keep an eye on his whereabouts before they arrived...and what if an eye witness saw the white teenager straddling the black man and beating him giving the black man a broken nose, lacerations on the back of his head and two black eyes...and what if the black man had screamed for help and, when help didn't arrive, took out his pocketknife and stabbed the white teenager in self defense.
Would you claim the black man acted in self defense or would you call him a racist whose only intent was to kill a white troubled teenager who was given the status of sainthood after such an attack?
Be honest.
Your last request will not be met:]

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#946960 Jul 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
What changed it? Paranoia. I don't lock my house unless I'm gonna be gone for weeks or sometimes months.
You're at home now. Don't need to lock up if you don't leave, dumbass.

People started locking their houses because everything unlocked was broken into, dumbass. That is new in America.
What changed?

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#946961 Jul 17, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Stealthily" rules out zimmerman stalking trayvon.
Just because he was incompetent does not mean he wasn't stalking.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#946962 Jul 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
What's his name?
Can't brown people be prejudiced? Aren't some people prejudiced only against certain shades of skin color? Don't a lot of white racists include white Jews in their irrational view of the world?
Hey, I can't tell y'all apart so if you're wrongly mistaken for a racist 'cause of the company you keep maybe you should reconsider the company you keep.
You must have very clean feet considering how often you place them into your mouth.

Unless you never brush your teeth.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#946963 Jul 17, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
It has to be a carbonated beverage, Sprite is the choice for lean along with jolly ranchers although skittles might do. The main ingredient of course is the codeine found in the cough syrup.

Arizona Watermelon or any of the Arizona products are non carbonated drinks making them worthless as a mixers. Beyond worthless actually for they would dilute the cough syrup.

There is a nutjob website called theconservativetreehouse which created that myth along with many other myths on the topics of race.

Incidentally the main contributor on that anon site calls himself sundance cracker.

Hah, art imitates life.

But basement dwellers and idiots buy into anything that supports their fkd up take on life.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#946964 Jul 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
School boards are led by the nose by administrators, all former teachers....except perhaps when it comes to important issues like sports and band.
No child should be forced to take medication to attend school.
So, you have no proof, just another classic off-the-wall made up conspiracy.
I've served on a school board policy committee and we included policy that banned teachers from using ANY kind of force on students unless an emergeny arose that made it necessary to protect the safety of staff or other students. If you have an example of a board policy that was foisted on a school board then provide it.
It's absolutely incredible to me that any thinking person would claim that teacher unions could force parents to drug their students, which is what you claimed.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#946965 Jul 17, 2013
For a network that perpetually displays an “Alert” graphic regardless of whether they are reporting on a car bombing in Afghanistan or the opening of a Hooters in Tacoma, it is not surprising that Fox News’ hair-trigger Outrage Detector is stuck on “Apocalypse Now.” The standard facial expression of a Fox anchor at any given moment is an eye-bulging, jaw-dropping, sweat-dripping, fright mask of horror.

And so it was when the new issue of Rolling Stone magazine hit the streets. The featured story was about Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, with the headline “THE BOMBER. How a popular, promising student was failed by his family, fell into radical Islam and became a monster.” Accompanying the story was a cover photo that has stirred more controversy than anything in the article. Many in the media, and particularly Fox News, condemned the photo as an attempt to glorify terrorism. There is just one problem.

The picture that has rattled Fox News so furiously is the same one that Fox itself used back on April 19, 2013, to illustrate an article on their Fox Nation web site (See Fox Nation vs. Reality for an in-depth examination of its relentless dishonesty). That was just four days after the actual bombing. So if it’s true, as Fox says, that the photo turns Tsarnaev into a celebrity; that it glorifies a notorious killer; that it encourages others to follow in his footsteps; then Fox is not only guilty of the same things, they beat Rolling Stone to the punch by three months.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Missing woman with brain injury may be ... 15 min reality is a crutch 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 min TRD 69,744
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 36 min PEllen 99,410
Amy May 3-15 40 min PEllen 1
abby may 3-15 42 min PEllen 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 52,970
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques in Orleans 187,696
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]