Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#946746 Jul 17, 2013
NJ Racist wrote:
<quoted text>
L I L Y is Yeah for sure.
You messed up again lily. The very last post from "Yeah" is:
So?
...which is your trademark smart ass response.
Then Yeah disappears and lily starts showing up.
Idiot.
Can't you find a cheaper VPN than Anonymity Network VPN you are using so you can post from Hawaii?
Now you lie son.

But then, that's sop for you!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#946747 Jul 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh fer krissakes!!!
"It's successful black people who don't complain. Most of them are republicans."
Startin' to stink in here.
AND How many times has Carol Changed your diaper or cleaned you clock lily??

It's the culture...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#946748 Jul 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, except that the jury has no idea who started it, they only have George's testimony so it cannot be proved.
Well maybe they should hold a séance and ask Trayvon what happened? Why does Homer have to think of everything?
LCN Llin

United States

#946749 Jul 17, 2013
NJ Racist wrote:
<quoted text>
L I L Y
The basic answer is Republican overreach — or, to simplify,

Ted Cruz got Richard Cordray confirmed.

The case for filibusters on executive branch nominations is relatively weak to begin with. And not only on the merits. The reality is that both parties have an interest in a well-run confirmation process, with opportunities for individual senators to exercise leverage on issues important to their states. Turning what had traditionally been simple majority confirmation into a 60-vote obstacle was unlikely to work.

Yet judging from the past four years, Democrats weren’t going to go to the mattresses over a small number of those choices — even the “nullification” cases of Richard Cordray and the National Labor Relations Board picks. Nevertheless, over time, Democrats began to push back, culminating in a deal in January.

What what wrong? Republican overreach. The attempt to kill the confirmation of Chuck Hagel — a Republican and, more importantly, a former Senator — was apparently a big part of it. But certainly the treatment of nominees for EPA and Labor, on top of the ongoing nullification filibusters and plenty of others, pushed Reid and other reluctant Democrats to decide that without a confrontation, they would be essentially giving away a significant portion of Obama’s presidency (and their own elections to the Senate).

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#946750 Jul 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
much more smarter?
Batty carol, DOW, learned him English, no doubt.
LCN Llin

United States

#946751 Jul 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Jane can be quite funny at times with a wicked and witty sense of humor. If you weren't such a vile hateful beast you might actually be quite likable.
Aunt Tily is behind on Acorn Posts
LOL
American Lady

Danville, KY

#946752 Jul 17, 2013
~B~R~E~A~K~I~N~G~~~N~E~W~S~

Black Caucus says:
Trayvon's civil rights WERE "violated" ...

Bunch of BullChit!

==========
NOW 'who' IS "wanting a WAR" ???

Been telling ya'll, one IS headed for US!
BUT NO!
No one would listen!
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Oklahoma City, OK

#946754 Jul 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You're stuck in your infinite loop son.
I'm sure you find a lot of comfort there.
'If you failed to find the polling place in your district you would not have a mobile phone!"
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#946755 Jul 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Leftwingers seem to hate America if they're in control or not.
Isn't that an excellent observation too?
I had not noticed that, I will observe next time they are out of the presidency if it happens again in my lifetime, otherwise I cannot.
NJ Racist

West Hartford, CT

#946756 Jul 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying this was Zimmerman in his new job?
Nice try, lily, too late.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#946757 Jul 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever walked around Oakland?
I have, never took a beating in Oakland.
Why don't you talk about something you know something about rather than just making up sht as you go along.
No, but I have walked around Harlem, have you huh have you?
NJ Racist

West Hartford, CT

#946758 Jul 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>"Well, none of that is true."
Why are you so obsessed with Carol, lily?
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Oklahoma City, OK

#946759 Jul 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>"Well, none of that is true."
'If you failed to locate the polling place in your district African ball sacks would still be filthy!"

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#946760 Jul 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I do not think healthcare should be about making money, getting rich. I know for you Republicans EVERYTHING is about the almighty dollar.
Health care used to be about getting health care at a reasonable cost.

But you liberals DON'T want doctors to stop passing off their malpractice 'off the radar' insurance costs onto you because of too many frivolous lawsuits by too many liberals who take advantage of a broken system at every opportunity - and you DON'T want to unburden physicians with ungodly amounts of paperwork and government regulations which requires more people to pay to keep track of and file costing patients even more money - and you DON'T want to even consider making health insurance competitive nationwide to bring the costs down - neither DON'T you want to reform Medicare so that the wealthiest seniors can opt out of government programs and everyone can choose an affordable insurance plan with as little government subsidy as possible - but you DO want to COMPLETELY IGNORE the outrageous costs of health care and NEVER want to address the reasons why health care is so FRIGGIN' expensive!

You really are a big disappointment, Homer. Because I do have a weakness for funny liberals. And you're just not funny anymore.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#946761 Jul 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He's gotten away with it once. What's to stop him from doing it again? Certainly not the legal system.
I totally agree with you. He's a menace to society, they should have at least forbade him from having a gun. He's easily recognizable, someone someday is going to go for it.
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#946762 Jul 17, 2013
NJ Racist wrote:
<quoted text>
1 - You left out the part where Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman, broke his nose and started pointing his head against the cement sidewalk.
2 - Look up the word stalking as well, it's obvious you don't know what the word means.
Once you understand and start being honest with yourself and accept those two facts, you might graduate from imbecile racist to being a rational person.
Basically stalking is to, follow someone stealthily from a predatorial position. Ring a bell?

Now, given the overwhelming evidence that Zimmerman stalked Trayvon, causing Trayvon to defend himself. How can Zimmerman then claim self defense?

The fact that you think you know the meaning of such a simple word as stalk & no one else does, really raises question on you definition of knowledge!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#946764 Jul 17, 2013
NJ Racist wrote:
<quoted text>
L I L Y is Yeah for sure.
You messed up again lily. The very last post from "Yeah" is:
So?
...which is your trademark smart ass response.
Then Yeah disappears and lily starts showing up.
Idiot.
Can't you find a cheaper VPN than Anonymity Network VPN you are using so you can post from Hawaii?
Sew buttons!

It just means great minds think alike and all know you're a dummy,
now, gfy
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Oklahoma City, OK

#946765 Jul 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Now you lie son.
But then, that's sop for you!
'If you fail to find the polling place in your district, shrimps won't get to try out a treadmill!'
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#946766 Jul 17, 2013
tell_it_like_it_IS wrote:
<quoted text>
'If you failed to locate the polling place in your district African ball sacks would still be filthy!"
Oh, how cute you are. Is that what they make punching bags out of?
Go bang your head on the sidewalk
LCN Llin

United States

#946767 Jul 17, 2013
American Lady wrote:
~B~R~E~A~K~I~N~G~~~N~E~W~S~
Black Caucus says:
Trayvon's civil rights WERE "violated" ...
Bunch of BullChit!
==========
NOW 'who' IS "wanting a WAR" ???
Been telling ya'll, one IS headed for US!
BUT NO!
No one would listen!
Another Hate America Post.
RINOs trying to sink the GOP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 8 min Red_Forman 865
No one works in 1 of 5 families in the USA. 20 min Entitlements 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 41 min Analog man 5,920
Cartel-like warnings hanging mannequins found o... (May '14) 48 min Tina 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 52,900
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guru 187,432
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 5 hr Cracker Jack 90
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]