Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#945688 Jul 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, gun laws are more restrictive now than before the 70's but I don't expect you to know that. In fact, really don't expect you to know anything. Your nonsensical blathering is occasionally funny though.
Hey, I grew up in a nanny type, highly restrictive NON REDNECK gun state.

Sometimes the laws work, sometimes they don't.

But that is probably outside your comprehension level of make believe and skewed realities of delusion too.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#945689 Jul 16, 2013
Justice LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Switching names doesn't work for you. Your ignorance is too easy to spot, LTR!
what's an LTR?

the all knowing crowd is thick today.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#945690 Jul 16, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
I cut back a lot. No corn this year. So now with no corn the deer are eating my tomato plants. Hoping the Agricultural Bill will give me a subsidy for not planting corn.
Well, the Farm Bill passed by the Grumpy Old Pricks would if you were a wealthy Congressman--wouldn't feed hungry children though. Just how many of those voting on that bill benefited from it? Afraid to do some research?
NJ raider 1

United States

#945691 Jul 16, 2013
NJ Racist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are equal opportunity, aren't you, you racist bigot?
You just hate everyone.
You are a pathetic excuse for a human being.
By the way, I just glanced at your sentences of gibberish. What a bunch of lies and narcissism you spew.
It's obvious you are one sick, uneducated clown.
This is not the 1960s! Do you really think I give a damn if a racist bigot, calls me a racist bigot? Fact, my life is multicultural, you stick to your kind! You must be from WestVirginia or, one of those deep rooted racial places! You're a fucking loser, pointing the finger because you' re upset your party was crushed & will be in 2014-16. You've aligned yourself with the devil, more stop crying about the heat, BITCH!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#945692 Jul 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No broken bones or nose according to the Physicians Asst. who examined George the following morning. She testified, what she said is no secret. And FYI Trayvon was 5'11" and 158 lbs which is thin, very thin. So your 6 feet and muscular is bullsht as usual. And according to the Physicians assistant who examined George the following morning George was 5'7 1/2" and 204 lbs. so he outweighed the youth by 46 lbs. He was also 11 years older but I guess in this case no one was supposed to be the adult.
Why do you lie?
It's not so much that Carol is lying it's that she is regurgitating what Fox News and rightwing blogs are telling her. Add that to her inherent fear of black/brown people and voila!
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#945693 Jul 16, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>i think HOmer only cultivates Twinkies, the #1 most popular food on his coffee truck.
The new Hostess Brands LLC producing Twinkies is non-union. Homer may no longer yearn for them.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#945696 Jul 16, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the guy that's plowing your ex-wife getting a subsidy?
Har, har. I did get a form from the guy that farms my land in OK for him to get a subsidy. I didn't enjoy that at all.

Location hidden

#945697 Jul 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No broken bones or nose according to the Physicians Asst. who examined George the following morning. She testified, what she said is no secret. And FYI Trayvon was 5'11" and 158 lbs which is thin, very thin. So your 6 feet and muscular is bullsht as usual. And according to the Physicians assistant who examined George the following morning George was 5'7 1/2" and 204 lbs. so he outweighed the youth by 46 lbs. He was also 11 years older but I guess in this case no one was supposed to be the adult.
Why do you lie?
... because she's Carol and its what Carol does.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#945699 Jul 16, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>If Trayvon Martin had gone home and not waited around to ambush Zimmerman, you wouldn't be posting your deranged bullshit Realtime...
It's the culture...
If Brother Trayvon had gone home and not waited around to ambush Zimmerman in Sanford, Florida, LeRoy couldn't get a free Flat-screen TV in L.A., California and Little Alvin Sharpton wouldn't have his TV SHow ratings climb in N.Y., New York.

Brother Trayvon's stupidity led to black profit across this land.
obama_the_penius

Oklahoma City, OK

#945700 Jul 16, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
GOP: GREEDY OLD WHITE PUSCCEEES!
Spent $6 trillion on dumb wars, all borrowed.
Killed millions.
Plus handed out $50 million a year to billionaires.
Now demand poor children get no food.
demand women give up rights.
cut jobless benefits.
cut medical insurance.
Really bad folks these Republicans!
(Plus many democrats raised a fortune for Haiti and still do, ever heard of Clinton?)
Later ddddooouuuccchhheee!
<quoted text>
F ing Loser libTard!!!

You are a steaming pile of poo!

You gave obama a thumbs up on abortion in exchange for a fwee phone!

Youza a tool!!!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#945701 Jul 16, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
You express fear for your life every day here.
Some people call that paranoia.
No Fear, No Brains....you Fearless Urban Wonder
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#945702 Jul 16, 2013
Fox Waves Its White Hood, Calls Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson Hustlers and Pimps

Tucker Carlson dusted off his white privilege Sunday on Fox and Friends with this,“I am positive that people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton do not deserve to be called civil rights leaders. They are not. They are hustlers and pimps who make a living off inflaming racial tensions.”

....Let’s give Tucker a round of applause for a finely crafted “post-racial” argument that uses disguised racism and white privilege against its victims.

First he claims he might not like Zimmerman very much. Who does? The guy has a track record as a violent thug. He’s a liar. He’s a loser. Not much to like, especially for a right-winger like Carlson. Not a lot of exterior success with Zimmerman.

So now Tucker has established his “objective” stance.

Then he pivots for the deep dive, saying Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are not civil rights leaders.

Clearly, Tucker Carlson isn’t in the best position to judge who may or may not be a civil rights leader since he doesn’t support civil rights. That’s sort of like saying you think Miss California should have won over Miss South Carolina after admitting that you know nothing about beauty pageants and think they’re all sexist scams. Carlson has disqualified his own opinion.

And then we get to the meat of the right wing argument. You can’t have an opinion on the Zimmerman case because “you know nothing about this”“you don’t live in Florida”“you weren’t there.”

What a great argument on its face—it sounds logical enough. It sounds reasonable. Only, it’s neither logical nor reasonable. If you had to be there — if you had to be from Florida — to understand it, then legal experts all over would be silent. Then juries would have no say. Then judges would be rendered impotent.

That’s a clever way of masking the real argument and the only argument worth having.

The real argument is that you cannot claim self-defense when you initiated the confrontation through an aggressive action like following/stalking someone for no reason. The right wing is throwing bombs about Trayvon (and now Sharpton, Jackson, Holder, and Obama) in order to distract from this simple fact.

It is not self defense when you are the aggressor, when your aggressive, unwarranted actions toward another created the conflict. See, in reality, Trayvon is the person who had the right to stand his ground. And that’s what Tucker Carlson and his Fox and Friends patsies don’t want you to think about.

Instead, they want you to be questioning whether or not Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are civil rights leaders, and if not, they obviously have no right to voice their opinion.

For those who are keeping track, this is yet another great example of white privilege. The white male who giddily stood by one of his white reporters after he yelled at the first black president as the President was speaking in the Rose Garden also thinks he is in charge of deciding for black people who can speak on what issues, and who can be a leader/voice for the community and who can’t.

Calling civil rights leaders hustlers and pimps the day after a young black man’s murder has been all but excused, his life rendered less than, is the cowardly, rhetorical equivalent of wearing a white hood — only obviously none of these folks would actually wear a white hood in public. That would make it too easy to ignore them.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/14/fox-ne...
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#945704 Jul 16, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Are all of you Grumpy Old Pricks still stuck in the sixties? No wonder you think Trayvon Martin is Emmett Till nostalgia. I already told Fenny Knock-knock sock that's Emma Stone--she's not really a redhead, but a reasonable facsimile. GOP/GFY
So you do respond to leosninny?

Emma Stone? Never heard of her or seen her in anything. You should of used Lindsay's, she's got nicer boobs.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#945705 Jul 16, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. You've made your obligatory dogpile.
Now leave.
If you took your own advice and left, I think you'd be much happier son.

So ..... anytime.....

Location hidden

#945706 Jul 16, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. You've made your obligatory dogpile.
Now leave.
Since this is the most substantial post you'll make today why don't you save us all some scroll space?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#945707 Jul 16, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
No way little freak.
I don't like Republican policies.
They hand out money to the richest,
Then demand food stamp cuts for the poorest.
Injurying children they claim to care about.
That's why......
GOP: GREEDY OLD WHITE PUSCCEES!
tell your friends.
Don't be one!
and Obama has done what other than preach about putting the governments hand deeper into the pockets of those who earn the money, to the point of discouraging an economic recover thru that and over-regulation?

'President Obama does LITTLE for the Middle Class

...most of Obama's initiatives may appease liberal elites but don't do much to bolster opportunities for middle class and working families.

His immigration policy comes down to spending record sums to deport undocumented immigrants with criminal records, but letting just about anyone else who manages to get across the border stay and have babies—presumably, who will one day vote Democratic.

If he gets his way in proposed legislation, many undocumented workers will eventually become citizens, and businesses like GE and Apple will be permitted more visas in skill-short areas like engineering, but the border won't be secured. The ranks of semiskilled immigrant workers, who DRIVE DOWN WAGES in hospitality, construction, manufacturing and other sectors, will continue to swell, frustrating the middle-class aspirations of the working poor born in this country.

His massive expansion of student loans permits universities to jack up tuition, bloat administrative staffs and indulge faculty to teach even less and less effectively. Students are graduating encumbered by massive debt and too few marketable skills. BROKE & UNEMPLOYED, they are not marrying and starting families—that shrinks the middle class.

Despite the availability of loans, skyrocketing tuition mandates ever greater family contributions to finance college. This puts higher education further out of reach for many working class families, and fewer low income children are pursuing post-secondary education than in the past—that shrinks the middle class too.

Organized labor, academics and other progressives jealous of peers in business endlessly obsess about income redistribution and tax rates. The President has jacked up taxes on families earning more than $250,000.

Unfortunately, most businesses in America are either proprietorships or pass through corporations that pay those higher individual, as opposed to corporate, tax rates, raising the cost of investing and expanding businesses—that spells fewer jobs for the middle class and those that aspire to its ranks.

Unable to push through Congress limits on CO2 emissions, President Obama has used executive orders and the EPA to impose limits by fiat. Unfortunately, those raise manufacturing costs, China has no such limits, and all this ENCOURAGES BUSINESS TO OUTSOURCE in China—again FEWER JOBS for the middle class and aspiring middle class.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100784216
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#945708 Jul 16, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal idiots never remain quite, that is part of their need to feel right!!!
They KNOW they are wrong but it hurts them to admit it!!!
Do you feel better now son? Got it off your chest?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#945709 Jul 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>George clearly provoked the confrontation by following the teen the width of the community in his truck and then for a short distance on foot. In his own words George stated that he never made any attempt to engage the youth from his vehicle and never made an attempt to introduce himself when the two somehow found themselves within arms reach of one another.
George also said he was reaching into his jacket pocket for his phone when the teen decked him. Trayvon, without a clue what George had in his pocket was supposed to be a mind reader.
Interestingly the shot was fired over thirty feet from where George claims the teen decked him.
The jury identified more with George than they did with Trayvon. The details didn't mean sht.
What convoluted logic!

You give hoodie a pass for decking George because "George" reached in his pocket, but then don't explain why Hoodie kept pummeling George and bashing his head of the concrete.

Do ya thunk, just maybe that's why the Jury identified more with George?

Gee, maybe George was supposed to be a mind reader and know that hoodie would stop pounding his head against the concrete before he fractured his skull and passed out, to be left for dead.

You libs are so logical!!!!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#945710 Jul 16, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
The new Hostess Brands LLC producing Twinkies is non-union. Homer may no longer yearn for them.
Homer doesn't care much for Twinkies. Homer did have a DevilDog® once in a while though.

Location hidden

#945711 Jul 16, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I grew up in a nanny type, highly restrictive NON REDNECK gun state.
Sometimes the laws work, sometimes they don't.
But that is probably outside your comprehension level of make believe and skewed realities of delusion too.
Bark!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EverGreen Belgrade 1 hr aqif blyta 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 180,902
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 2 hr Swedenforever 54,527
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Jamie 48,583
Aldi's is the Worst Supermarket Chain (Jun '12) 3 hr Jamie 330
Boycott all Topix Sponsors 3 hr Jamie 5
World's Best Photo Art 3 hr Jamie 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]