Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433322 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#945570 Jul 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lily, please read this.
Zimmerman did not chase down Martin just to find him and shoot him. That would have been murder. Why was Martin's decision to instigate an attack overlooked in your reaction? Doesn't he share any culpability in having made that decision?
Zimmerman said when he was trying to shimmy his body over to the grass to protect it, Martin saw the gun and started to go for it.
So what if that really happened? Can you say with absolute certainty it didn't? And if it did, Trayvon had the advantage and could have easily gotten the gun away from Zimmerman.
Zimmerman getting out of his car may have been a mistake, but it was not a crime. There was no intent on his part to shoot Martin that night. He could not have known Martin was still in the area when he got out of his car to wait for the police.
So why WAS Martin still in the area? And why would Martin scream for help if his only intent was to commit murder?
If someone had come to his rescue, Martin would have been on trial for assault and battery. Would anyone have cared who Martin was then? The fact is no one would have even known his name.
Just FYI...more people are killed with fists than with rifles.
DOW
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#945571 Jul 16, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>could be the result of another well intentioned lib idea with negative unintended consequences (as often happens).
in NYC, libs running the JD system are trying to keep the juvenile offenders 'close to home' with the following problems as a result:
'And now that lack of oversight may have cost a Queens teen his life.
Andrew Benitez, 17, was reportedly being held at Stephen’s House on Staten Island, a group home that is part of the “Close to Home” initiative, when he was arrested June 23 on charges of having killed Aaron Jefferson, 18, in Jamaica, Queens the night on June 22. Court papers reportedly charged that he used a retractable razor to stab Jefferson in the back and arm.
“Juvenile offender group homes not secure: report
...Close to Home” places least-violent juvenile offenders in group homes in the city where they can be closer to their families. The homes are supervised by the Administration for Children’s Services.
The Daily News reported last month that a ruling by a Queens family court judge indicated that juveniles were able to evade the homes at alarming rates, and were reverting to old habits and ending up arrested once again for committing the same or new crimes they had initially been sentenced for.
An ACS spokesperson reportedly told the News that a judge reviewed Benitez’s case and agreed to place him in the group home as recently as February. The spokesperson also said the agency instructs group homes to securely lock up their housing, and recently decided to drop two of four social service agencies they were monitoring for reported difficulties in addressing such problems.'
http://www.metro.us/newyork/news/local/2013/0...
Maybe we just need more juvenile JAILS then.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#945573 Jul 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no country in the world where the majority are FOXbots.
sorry. but how about Canada?
Canada Refuses to Allow Fox “news” A License – Lying to People is Illegal There
http://roguemedia.org/canada-refuses-to-allow...
Fair-minded people who don't use hate as a tool to wield an irrational intolerance to opposing viewpoints is all I'm looking for. Anywhere the people are still sane and strive to be civilized will do.

It used to be here. Not anymore.

Thanks to people like you, sonic.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#945574 Jul 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
EXCLUSIVE: Fox News Signs George Zimmerman As Host:“Stand Your Ground” Premieres This Fall
Now that the jury has delivered a “not guilty” verdict for teen stalker/killer George Zimmerman, Fox News has taken a bold move to extend the ratings bonanza of the trial into the fall television season.
Sources inside Fox News have confirmed that Zimmerman has agreed to host a nightly crime and social affairs program on the network that is set to premiere in October 2013. The controversial signing is consistent with Fox’s programming philosophy of exploiting the transient publicity of media spectacles by drafting the beneficiaries of inordinate press attention, despite a lack of experience or qualifications – e.g. Sarah Palin.
The preliminary format for the Zimmerman program is said to consist of segments analyzing breaking crime dramas such as murderous spouses, kidnapped sorority girls, celebrity arrests, high-speed police chases, and any stray rumors involving presidential sex scandals. Fox News contributor, and noted racist ex-cop, Mark Fuhrman, will have a regular spot on the panel segment to offer his expertise in undermining criminal prosecutions with racial epithets. In that respect Fuhrman, who famously extolled the virtues of the “N” word, shares common ground with Zimmerman who regards innocent black teenagers walking through his neighborhood as “fucking punks.”
Fox News CEO Roger Ailes welcomed Zimmerman to the network saying “We could not be more excited by having such a strong advocate of law enforcement on our team. George’s unique insight and commitment to safe neighborhoods and the preservation of the Second Amendment will connect with our audience and inspire Americans to stand their ground.” Ailes also said that Zimmerman will have a role on the Fox Nation web site where they specialize in flagrant lies, a skill Zimmerman has already demonstrated a knack for.
Zimmerman’s new colleagues at Fox are also anxious to work with him. Sean Hannity, who gave Zimmerman his first platform on cable TV, praised his keen instincts and predicted that his hair-trigger analysis and spin on reality will surprise many. Bill O’Reilly is looking forward to lunching with Zimmerman at Sylvia’s. And Geraldo Rivera lauded Zimmerman’s critical eye on fashion that he hopes will put an end to the trendy adoption of thug-wear that has resulted in so much unnecessary bloodshed.
The addition of George Zimmerman to the Fox lineup is a good fit to shore up both their editorial mission and their audience appeal. They are already receiving rave reviews from the NRA and the Tea Party. Throughout the trial Fox demonstrated an overt favoritism for Zimmerman and the prospects of his acquittal. Now, with his new assignment, he will make Fox the first and only network to feature a host who has actually snuffed out the life of an innocent American. And the icing on the cake is that the victim was black and almost certainly not a Fox viewer.
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
Sponsored by Skittles®
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#945575 Jul 16, 2013
Will George Zimmerman be in the Republican mix in 2016? His star is definitely on the rise.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#945576 Jul 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Take your medication.
Share some of yours!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#945577 Jul 16, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha ha ha!
Racist convention.
You cry about a little freak who has never seen a V A G I N A........spouting abortion laws against women?
But you praise a low life racist thug like Fenny?
OMG! you people, you people: INSANE!
Good-some of them gashes and worms are just pretty damn WARPED in the blob called a head on their shoulders.

As in DEPRAVED WARPED.

And some of us actually do believe in trying to protect our offspring from the NASTY Scum predators like that.

DISGUSTING freaks.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#945578 Jul 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida hardly needs your type of tourist, the malcontents of society.
sonicmoron and the savage welfare left can't afford Florida... They can stay home... We don't want their racist ilk....

It's the culture...
Jane Says

New York, NY

#945579 Jul 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lily, please read this.
Zimmerman did not chase down Martin just to find him and shoot him. That would have been murder. Why was Martin's decision to instigate an attack overlooked in your reaction? Doesn't he share any culpability in having made that decision?
Zimmerman said when he was trying to shimmy his body over to the grass to protect it, Martin saw the gun and started to go for it.
So what if that really happened? Can you say with absolute certainty it didn't? And if it did, Trayvon had the advantage and could have easily gotten the gun away from Zimmerman.
Zimmerman getting out of his car may have been a mistake, but it was not a crime. There was no intent on his part to shoot Martin that night. He could not have known Martin was still in the area when he got out of his car to wait for the police.
So why WAS Martin still in the area? And why would Martin scream for help if his only intent was to commit murder?
If someone had come to his rescue, Martin would have been on trial for assault and battery. Would anyone have cared who Martin was then? The fact is no one would have even known his name.
i doubt there's any change your logic will interfere with Looney Lily's lefty delusions.

if Zimmerman were black, troubled, wore his pants below his crack, used crack and while still a teenager fathered multiple children he could not support, Looney Lily would be here defending him.

if Trayvon was an about to be born fetus, Looney Lily wouldn't care if the abortionist stuck a small sapling inside his mother's womb, lassoed a noose around his neck and hung him from it, as long as the job of murdering him was accomplished--for convenience.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#945581 Jul 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know when the shooter is found not guilty - dumbass.
Do NOT stand over moi and say anything like that in the dark, on a rainy night either. Duhmazz.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#945582 Jul 16, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans want to change the rules just because there is a Democratic president. Why is "porkulus" spending okay when a Republican is in office? When Republicans win another election, that will be their opportunity to do something about "porkulus" spending. They need to stop with "Do as we say, not as we do" mentality.
Democrats are the one always wanting to change the rules, buddy.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/16/se...

Stop projecting...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#945583 Jul 16, 2013
You can trust me!

The 100+ meetings I had with the IRS Commissioner were not to target my political opponents.

We had 100+ Easter Egg hunts & a Beer Summit!

I am not a crook!

We will not go gentle

#945584 Jul 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lily, please read this.
God, but you're Breitbart stupid, DOW...the stat was for more killed by hammers, clubs, fists, feet than by RIFLES...was Georgie Pudgy carrying a rifle down the back of his pants when he stalked a racially profiled teenager? I thought not, but you never know what you demented old folks in Florida Faux section of shady opines will be saying next.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#945585 Jul 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
Will George Zimmerman be in the Republican mix in 2016? His star is definitely on the rise.
Will the Democrats continue to target and try to railroad Hispanics?

I see now you call Hispanics "White-Hispanics".

Hilarious. You leftards (and you) never stop making fools of yourselves.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#945586 Jul 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Take your medication.
Bite it (your jackboot licking tongue) Homer...I am fwee, non-of-your-business and over the age of 21, literate, with plenty of sense.

If I ever need a blithering fool to remind me to take any legally scribed medication-I'll let ya know however.

We will not go gentle

#945587 Jul 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
I doubt if he'll be on the ticket with Rubio; Ted Cruz maybe, if they could get over his citizenship issues?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#945588 Jul 16, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>DOW
A typo Bird Brain: You must have meant:

DOIH
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#945590 Jul 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
Savage demoKrats, hating on Hispanics, looting, rioting, burning America is an excellent campaign strategy for you racist demoKrats in 2014 Homer...

You racist leftwing savages are worse then the TEA Party you idiot...

It's the culture...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#945591 Jul 16, 2013
George Zimmerman the new face of the Republican party. Rightwingers be proud. Walk a little taller today.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#945592 Jul 16, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite it (your jackboot licking tongue) Homer...I am fwee, non-of-your-business and over the age of 21, literate, with plenty of sense.
If I ever need a blithering fool to remind me to take any legally scribed medication-I'll let ya know however.
I'll try again: Please take your medication.

I said please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 6 min RACE 2,081
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 8 min RACE 3,200
Word (Dec '08) 9 min RACE 6,757
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 min RACE 9,548
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min RACE 103,642
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min Coffee Party 225,423
Breitbart--Comey + Clinton Foundation 1 hr Most-ImportantPost 5

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages