Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263260 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#945100 Jul 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
By that she probably means why they didn't get a conviction despite all their efforts.
This case wasn't about race until race pimps Obama and Sharpton forced the issue.
Both are still chewing on the bone.
You are wrong about Obama.(Al Sharpton is and has always been a race pimp). It was almost a month after Trayvon was killed before Obama weighed in on Trayvon Martin and that was only after the case had stirred passions nationwide.

Here is what was happening BEFORE Obama made his comments about Trayvon and probably the very reason he felt compelled to do so.

March 22, 2012:

Sanford, Florida (CNN)-- Outrage over the killing of an unarmed Florida teenager grew nationwide Wednesday as at least 1,000 supporters of Trayvon Martin took to the streets of New York and a petition demanding the shooter's arrest amassed nearly 1 million signatures.

Members of Martin's family were among demonstrators in New York for a "Million Hoodie March," a reference to the attire the 17-year-old was wearing when he was shot.

"A black person in a hoodie isn't automatically suspicious," an online protest page says. "Let's put an end to racial profiling."
More than 900,000 people have signed a petition on Change.org demanding the arrest of the shooter, George Zimmerman.

Demonstrators of all races crowded into New York's Union Square on Wednesday night, demanding justice. Many of them wore hoodies and carried Skittles, the candy Martin had bought on the night he was killed.

"I am Trayvon Martin!" the crowd chanted as they marched for about an hour, returning to Union Square. Others chanted, "I'm a suspicious person," a reference to the shooter's description of Martin to a 911 operator. A boy carried a sign that read, "Will I be next?"

"We will not go quietly into the night," Benjamin Crump, the Martin family's attorney, told the protesters. "We have to make sure we understand what happened so we can never let this tragedy happen again.

"No justice, no peace!" the crowd chanted......"Had Trayvon been a white kid ... Zimmerman would have been arrested."

Obama made his response the next day as an assurance that all agencies would work together to find out what happened:“I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this, and that everybody pulls together — federal, state and local — to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.” IMO, there was nothing wrong with wanting to defuse an already explosive situation.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/21/justice/flo...

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#945101 Jul 15, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Get your Kleenex out, liberal racists:
The Justice Department was running into immediate hurdles Monday in its investigation of possible civil rights violations by George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin -- namely, that after examining the case for more than a year, the evidence has not changed.
Though the department announced after Zimmerman's acquittal that it would consider a possible federal case, previously filed FBI documents show agents have not turned up any accounts that Zimmerman, before the February 2012 shooting, exhibited racial bias.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/15/as...
The government has already shown that evidence is irrelevant to them.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#945102 Jul 15, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol, why don't you drag out your list of phony scandals again. Watergate was a criminal act that originated in the White House with the full knowledge and assent of Nixon. Do you have anything like that? No you don't. There is no "liberal media" Carol, it's a complete myth but one that's essential for fools like you to believe. The truth is that the majority of American voters rejected an immoral Republican policy that was designed to further enrich billionaires while cutting programs that benefit the middleclass and the poor.
There MUST be a "liberal media conspiracy" otherwise the "conservative" media would serve no purpose other than to obscure, confuse and divide the public.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#945103 Jul 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>True. But that's not the case here.
Says who?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#945104 Jul 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> 'White kids' were experimenting with oxycontin and playing beer pong in the alley because there is nothing else for them to do in the suburbs , no good paying jobs, no money for vocational training schools, no parks to play in, no parents home to talk to or share time with, because Republicans want to shrink our public spaces to leave more freedom for Tucker Carlson's bosses, the 'pimps and hustlers' of Wall Street to operate.
Don't rely on Liberal stereotypes and disinformation. That's foolhardy.

Instead, learn to rely on FBI national statistics.

Therein lies the sad truth of black culture.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#945105 Jul 15, 2013
All I ever hear is a bunch of black celebs complaining about how other people do nothing about the issues they're not doing anything about. I'm sorry but these people have more resources than many and they should show us how passionate they are about all this black on black crime or whatever issues that concern them with the black community.

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#945106 Jul 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The police surveillance video shown on ABC showed a fairly slender George Zimmerman the night of the attack.
Zimmerman is reportedly 5'8" and weighed 170 pounds on the night of the attack.
The police estimated Trayvon at 6'0" and 160 pounds when they wrote the police report the night he was shot. This was probably a conservative estimate as his family has reported his height at 6'2".
http://www.examiner.com/article/george-zimmer...
Get your facts straight, ma'am.
Closing arguments for the prosecution had the chart with Zimmerman at 5'7" and 206 pounds--it was evidence, in black and white, and not objected to. I watched it, and I still haven't lost most of my brain cells to alcohol and disease like you. It was further testified that Georgy Pudgy had lost approximate sixty pounds during his MMA fight training. You're such a hateful, lying bitch that you can't even accept facts when they were presented by both prosecution and defense. You want the Examiner's blog entry before trial? Just pray to talk to you god face to face as soon as possible. He might eventually forgive you, but I cannot.

"Zimmerman's height is reportedly 5&#8242;7&#8243; (1.70 m); and his weight is recorded as being 185 lb (84 kg) on his Seminole County Sheriff's Office Inmate Booking Information dated April 11, 2012, the date of his arrest.[52] Zimmerman's height is shown as 5&#8242;8&#8243; (1.73 m); and his weight at 200 lb (91 kg) on the Sanford Police Department Offense Report for February 26, 2012, the night of the shooting.[59]" (Seems like ol' Georgy was trying to take off a few more pounds between the shooting and his arrest--couldn't have had anything to do with his wanting to appear to be the victim?)

Trayvon's 5' 11", 158 was taken from his autopsy. The "thug" photo of the 6' 2", 200 from "Twitchy," et. al., was taken from the Facebook page of a different person with a similar name. Just the facts, you demented old witch, just the facts.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#945107 Jul 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News adopts George Zimmerman
Outside his legal team, few have done more to help Trayvon Martin's shooter than Sean Hannity. Here's why...
At times, things have gotten ridiculous. Fox News even recently speculated that Martin could probably kill someone with the Skittles bag and Arizona Iced Tea bottle he was carrying.
Meanwhile, conservative blogs set to work painting Martin as a dangerous thug. The Daily Caller obtained Martin’s Twitter feed, selecting tweets that made him look most intimidating. For George Zimmerman, his lawyers are not his only defense team.
http://www.salon.com/2013/07/01/right_wing_me...
so...if Zimmerman can sue NBC, shouldn't Trayvon's parents be able to sue FOX?
Thank you in advance sonicmoron--I know you want us to be as informed as a FOXbot like you.

Even though it's rather obvious you are a loser, Jail house wife and/or lap dancer bitch... The dumb Negro wonders why no one cares and his behavior is the issue, nothing more.

It's the culture....

Lapeer, MI

#945109 Jul 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
I love my country. The country we sure used to be.
"We stood up for what was right. We fought for moral reasons, we passed and struck down laws for moral reasons. We sacrificed, we cared about our neighbors, we put our money where our mouths were, and we never beat our chest. We built great big things, made ungodly technological advances, explored the universe, cured diseases, and cultivated the world's greatest artists and the world's greatest economy. We reached for the stars, and we acted like men. We aspired to intelligence; we didn't belittle it; it didn't make us feel inferior. We were able to be all these things and do all these things because we were informed. By great men, men who were revered."
-Newsroom
America is not the greatest country in the world anymore because we are NOT informed, and we revere self-serving liars. We still haven't recognized the problem so we cannot solve the problem.
Our hope to turn things around was an honest man who recognized the problem and believed together we could solve it but who we chose not to lead.
In just less than a year, things have already gotten worse. Our government is less trusted, our health care system is about to take a turn for the worst, our deficit is going to continue to grow, more people are going to become dependent on working taxpayers and more money is going to be taken out of middle class income earners' checks.
Employers are putting off hiring for another year and unemployment will remain stagnant.
Liberal democrats will still create invisible wars between the races, genders and classes to divide us and keep our attention off their failure to lead.
In other words, we're on our own if we don't unseat those in the Senate who still don't recognize the problem. Three more years of the same I fear will be too many.
I hope I'm wrong.
(Had to get this off my chest.)
The Sun also rises.

But the Sun just set and we've got a long ways to go before dawn.
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Oklahoma City, OK

#945110 Jul 15, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>He doesn't know the difference between fact and opinion--matter of fact, in my opinion, he doesn't know the difference between a magic fairy and a pile of manure.
Grey area!
Alert!

Does not compute in liberal mindset!

Dogma...

Grey...area....

Might be, could be! Yes, dodo bird liberalism!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#945111 Jul 15, 2013
If Trayvon was being stalked by Zimmerman, why didn't Trayvon call 9-1-1 instead of exchanging racist slurs with Rachel Jeantel, and then attacking Zimmerman?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#945112 Jul 15, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Thanks to Obama, my family and I are now going to get gun permits. We just discussed this and feel Obama & Democrats want to destroy freedom so we might as well do it now.
Then if some lowlife Democrat comes over here, we can defend ourselves, if needed and absolutely necessary to protect our lives from the criminal Democrat element.
It's amazing how many people are doing this because Democrats want to take away our freedom.
This is fantastic news! The odds rise sharply for someone being shot by a gun in their own house. It is almost a certainty that an armed family of morons will eventually shoot one of their number.

Lapeer, MI

#945113 Jul 15, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Most teenagers would act as scared as young Trayvon Martin had been in an unfamiliar neighborhood with a strange man glaring at him from his car window and talking rapidly into the cell phone .(Was he calling police or the rest of his gang bang ghetto-'burb drugged-out buddies? The reasonable thing for an adult neighborhood watch captain to have done would have been to ask the young boy if he needed help or even a ride home in the rain that night.
Sure thing Miss Pollyanna. Too bad you couldn't include a photo of poor little smiling 8 year old Trayvon, too.

Even rattlesnakes, Wilda Beasts and Magic Negro's were cute as babies.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#945114 Jul 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
And then Eric Holder trots out in front of a camera and says he and the Justice Department are still considering pursuing criminal civil rights charges against George Zimmerman for the death of Trayvon Martin.
Really? This is the job of the Attorney General and the Department of Justice of the United States of America?
And not pursue charges against the Black Panthers for obstructing a voting site?
If you don't think Eric Holder and Barack Obama aren't of the same mind and on the exact same page, you cra-cra.
This administration thrives on racial tension and derisiveness. It keeps our minds off Eric Holder's and Barack Obama's failures to uphold the law and the Constitution of the United States.
You're being played like an old crusty fiddle.
The Black Panthers didn't obstruct anyone for the 1000th time, whereas Zimmerman violated Martin's civil rights(note the dead body).
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#945115 Jul 15, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Not guilty of second degree murder in a state like Florida doesn't mean innocent. Even the Donald finally got one right.
Not guilty means not guilty regardless of the state.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#945116 Jul 15, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So you agree that OJ is also innocent? Juries make mistakes.
The prosecution lost the OJ trial when they selected the venue.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#945118 Jul 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin attacked a stalker. He was being followed.
As ar as Martin knew, by a potential attacker.
When asked by Martin, all the dumbf*ck Zimmerman had to do was say "Neighborhood Watch".
If Martin's plan was to attack Zimmerman, why bother asking why he was following him.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
"Martin attacked a stalker."

Dumbass Dave is another excellent witness for the defense.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#945119 Jul 15, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I want to have all kids thrown out of school for drugs in hoodies with the "I was thrown out of school for drugs "Or if they were "thrown out of school for stealing" pasted on their backs. You know.... in order to separate them from the kids that weren't thrown out of school. Seems fair.
Liberals would say that throwing punks like Martin out of school for drugs, theft, vandalism, etc. is just rewarding them for bad behavior.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#945120 Jul 15, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The Black Panthers didn't obstruct anyone for the 1000th time, whereas Zimmerman violated Martin's civil rights(note the dead body).
The New KKK has double since Obama has been elected, The Black Panthers are KKK every day, and twice on Sundays. Obama has done more to enslave blacks, Klan Parent Hood is killing off blacks, the Klu Klux Klan loves a half white ass Obama, the KKK would have committed suicide if Herman Cain was elected

It's the culture...

Lapeer, MI

#945121 Jul 15, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>He doesn't know the difference between fact and opinion--matter of fact, in my opinion, he doesn't know the difference between a magic fairy and a pile of manure.
....says the Bar Fly who doesn't know the difference between tastes of spilled beer and restroom floor p-drops.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask Amy July 31 7 min Mister Tonka 3
abby7-31-15 15 min Mister Tonka 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Brian_G 54,351
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 23 min Mister Tonka 100,297
Amy 7-30-15 1 hr PEllen 1
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Mark 52,063
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Enter 194,506
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages