Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,398)

Showing posts 867,941 - 867,960 of1,071,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you should go back and read some of your own posts, talk about hate and venom.
heck, just the way you ended your post speaks volumes.
POT MEET KETTLE
http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013...

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll answer with one of Waxman's posts:
Oh, I see we are now stooping to the shit pile and getting nasty.
Typical libertarian.
You people always stoop to name calling and nastiness when you have nothing to offer in the way of intelligent response.
I like pictures:
http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Why the Zimmerman Jury Failed Us
Straight Up: The racism that resides at America's core has led to the continual dehumanization of blacks.
America is racist at its core. I used to doubt this simplistic claim. Today I cannot. The murder of Trayvon Martin demands total, simple, honesty. A jury in Florida failed us. We have not seen a moral failure this grave since a similarly all-white jury in Simi Valley, Calif., in 1992 acquitted the four LAPD officers who beat Rodney King.
Writing in the same year as that ill-fated verdict, the distinguished civil rights lawyer Derrick Bell declared that "racism is an integral, permanent and indestructible component of this society." In most circumstances, I treat this declaration as a foil: a claim to be slowly picked apart as, at best, too easy and, at worst, deeply unfair and wrong. Not today.
The most elemental facts of this case will never change. A teenager went out to buy Skittles and iced tea. At some point, he was confronted by a man with a gun who killed him. There is no universe I understand where this can be declared a noncriminal act. Not in a sane, just and racism-free universe.
There is only one universe in which such a judgment can happen. It is the same universe in which jurors can watch slow-motion video of four armed police officers beating a man and conclude that the man being beaten dictated everything that happened.
....The path ahead is not an easy one. Trayvon's killing demands justice. The need to bear witness here is clear. A decision that is the living embodiment of racism in our body politic happened, even if not a single member of that jury understood themselves as acting in such a way (I'm quite sure they didn't). That is the power of cultural racism: When it is this deeply embedded in our basic cultural toolkit, it need not be named or even consciously embraced to work its ill effects.
Lots of us are disappointed and angry right now. Seething bitterness, however, is not a solution, nor is violence or striking out. The way forward is one of hard work on social and political organizing, as well as of forcing honest and painful discussions, and a passionate insistence on change and justice. This country still has a serious problem with racism. Let's stop pretending this isn't case or that it is all somehow healing itself. The second murder of Trayvon Martin compels this conclusion.
http://www.theroot.com/views/why-zimmerman-ju...
When you got brainwashed, it was done under the pretense of an urban dunking baptism in the sewer. Letz go dowoon to da ribba! Praise Jeebus, brotha.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it with democrats anyway? They can't seem to keep their noses out of other people's business when their own business stinks so bad we have to hold ours.
Democrat need to gin up hate to survive.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to put yourself in his shoes. Zimmerman did what any concerned neighbor would do...tried to keep an eye on Trayvon until the police arrived. It doesn't matter that Trayvon was innocent. That fact would have revealed itself as soon as the police contacted him. For Zimmerman to go home would have meant letting a possible burglar escape apprehension. I think most people who care about their neighborhood would have done the same thing. What happened that night is a tragedy for both Zimmerman and Martin.
Bawwaaahhh!!!!!

Obviously a leader here!

Bawwwaahhh!!!!!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>This is where your involuntaryracist kicks in. Since when is interrogating the victim the right thing to do? Scrutinizing, saying what he should've done. Since you don't know because, you've never been stalked, followed, & chased. Chances are Trayvon stopped & stood his ground because, running makes you tired &, one can defend himself when tired. Like I've said, there's going to be alot of non criminal offenses now. You've just told criminals that, it's legal to stalk, follow, & case houses in broad daylight. After all, it's not a crime right? The thought that someone can cause another to rightfully fear for ones life, then kill said person &, claim you fear for your life is ridiculous! & you should be ashamed for being grown & thinking that way. Cool with me tho, I know how to play that game too!
This is where your imagination runs wild. An adult would have stopped in their tracks and asked even if agitated "why are you following me??" A scared teenager would try and get away from that person as fast as possible even if they were innocent.

Not too many adults or teenagers would take the first punch, overtake that person and start beating them as a first reaction. An immature young man with a chip on his shoulder might, however.

That wouldn't be you too, would it?

We will never know what would have happened if Martin had explained what he was doing there and Zimmerman explained why he was following him. Unfortunately.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to put yourself in his shoes. Zimmerman did what any concerned neighbor would do...tried to keep an eye on Trayvon until the police arrived. It doesn't matter that Trayvon was innocent. That fact would have revealed itself as soon as the police contacted him. For Zimmerman to go home would have meant letting a possible burglar escape apprehension. I think most people who care about their neighborhood would have done the same thing. What happened that night is a tragedy for both Zimmerman and Martin.
Do you like music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Texas is no place for old women(or young) after taking away their reproductive freedom and now Florida is no place to become a victim. We are running out of states in the South where we can live in peace under the United States Constitution.
Do you plan on making sense sometime today?

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So one is dead and the other goes home to lead a happy life. Is that justice?
Given the evidence presented in the case, yes. According to the verdict, Trayvon was not justified in his response to Zimmerman following him. Therefore, Zimmerman was justified in his actions. That is where the evidence took the jury and there are no FACTS to refute it.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>This is where your involuntaryracist kicks in. Since when is interrogating the victim the right thing to do? Scrutinizing, saying what he should've done. Since you don't know because, you've never been stalked, followed, & chased. Chances are Trayvon stopped & stood his ground because, running makes you tired &, one can defend himself when tired. Like I've said, there's going to be alot of non criminal offenses now. You've just told criminals that, it's legal to stalk, follow, & case houses in broad daylight. After all, it's not a crime right? The thought that someone can cause another to rightfully fear for ones life, then kill said person &, claim you fear for your life is ridiculous! & you should be ashamed for being grown & thinking that way. Cool with me tho, I know how to play that game too!
You would make one helluva piss-poor defense lawyer:]

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat need to gin up hate to survive.
It certainly would seem that way. And what better way to avert attention from the failures of the Obama administration than a nonexistent racially-motivated tragedy in Sanford, Florida, which the liberal media pumped up on their behalf?

Time to put the focus back where it belongs.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bullsh!t! He stalked a black child and when things turned bad he shot him.
"homo"
Get over it the trial is over. A jury came to a decision, the American way, Zimmerman was declared not guilty. Your version{s} of the trial do not pass the common sense test. If not for political attention this case would never have came to trial. No one won, a young man is dead, his family devastated. A man, Zimmerman who is not guilty and his family will be defamed forever by racist like you.
Peace
KMA
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you do a lot of drugs when you were young?
Why did you stop son?
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, if a woman is still pregnant after 20 MONTHS, maybe she should consider an abortion, unless of course we are talking elephants.
BTW what is it with conservatives, why are you only capable of binary logic (1 or 0) either this or that, nothing in between.
I'm a liberal, served 6 1/2 yrs in the Corps and am an avid gun owner. I own an M1 Garand, K98 Mauser,o '03 Springfield and others.
Some on the left are for complete gun control and want to outlaw them.
Others want to outlaw handguns.
others want to outlaw semi-automatic military weapons.
and others like myself want to require back ground checks and manditory safety classes before you can purchase a weapon.
It is not all black and white dude, well except for conservatives I guess. Maybe you guys can't process more than two diametrically opposed thoughts at once.
Grey areas are for people who want to get away with something...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly would seem that way. And what better way to avert attention from the failures of the Obama administration than a nonexistent racially-motivated tragedy in Sanford, Florida, which the liberal media pumped up on their behalf?
Time to put the focus back where it belongs.
The country should be focusing on how Obama abused his power with the IRS and other government agencies. I agree with you Carol.

Obama is worse than Nixon.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"homo"
Get over it the trial is over. A jury came to a decision, the American way, Zimmerman was declared not guilty. Your version{s} of the trial do not pass the common sense test. If not for political attention this case would never have came to trial. No one won, a young man is dead, his family devastated. A man, Zimmerman who is not guilty and his family will be defamed forever by racist like you.
Peace
KMA
And Trayvon's parents are millionaires. Why in the world would the condo association pay out before the verdict?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So one is dead and the other goes home to lead a happy life. Is that justice?
Neighborhood Watch from a couch? Sounds like you "looking for a job".

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
one mo thing, just so I understand you correctly
All drunk drivers be beaten down repeatively by upwards to 20 police officers?
Does that include female drunk drivers?
Teenage kids?
Those cops used restraint all throughout the incident. King was a complete parole felon azzhole who tried evading arrest after driving drunk while trying to evade cops at high rates of speed through residential streets endangering citizens.

Justice was served while the black community got thousands of free TVs and murdered Korean Store owners.

Expect the same now..
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Our Judicial System is the best in the world, despite what Democrats try to do.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
just bbecasue people say Zimmerman isn't a racists, doesn't mean he isn't prejudice.
My guess is that Trayvon's race had little to do with Zimmerman's actions. Rather it was Trayvon's age and appearance that led to the confrontation. The hoodie and hip-hop style clothing.
Fact is Martin was not engaged in any illegal activity. Zimmerman even made a remark about punks getting away with things. Martin got killed not for engaging in any illegal activity but for looking suspicious.
From Martin's point of view, this overweight man is following him in a car, then he gets out of the car and starts following him on foot. We don't know what transpired, we do know Zimmerman's state of mind though as witnessed in the 911 call.
Zimmerman took the law into his own hands.
At the time of the shooting, could immerman have been fearful of his life? Yes.
But who initiated the attack? We don't know
Was Trayvon engaged in any illegal activity? No
We do know that if Zimmerman had not gone all vigilantee, Trayvon would still be alive.
You can't start a fight and then claim self-defense when you start losing.
Your ignorance is actually beginning to make me smile.

We desperately need a decent school system on this country's urban reservations.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 867,941 - 867,960 of1,071,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••