Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,314)

Showing posts 866,261 - 866,280 of1,033,276
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that she married Wm. Robt. Jarrett in 1983 when Obama was about 22 yoa? Did you know that she then divorced Wm. Robt. Jarrett in 1988 when Obama was about 27 yoa.
To characterize her present status as Vernon Jarrett's daughter in law would be a lie.
Does DBWriter know this? Valerie Bowman Jarrett - parents James E. Bowman and Barbara Taylor Bowman.

Now what?
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Any convenient means of stonewalling that's plausible to distract the masses will do.
Sometimes Obama just gets downright lucky - a major hurricane right before the election? Couldn't have asked for a bigger spotlight or photo ops before the people went to the polls.
Romney all but disappeared during that week before the election blinded by the glow of Obama looking so presidential in the aftermath of massive destruction.
Kind of like a sign though too. Massive destruction helps elect the wrong president?
Just being introspective.
No luck HAARP

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
Newark Mayor Cory Booker proposes government-funded college accounts in run-up to Senate primary
Government funded? Lmao! He'll get the sheep vote with that for sure. You sheep like free stuff. Government funded = higher taxes.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> He is Zimmerman's worst witness. His book contradicts Zimmerman's account on several occasions. He just testified that Zimmerman's holster was an internal holster, not an external holster &, that it's hard to see even without a jacket on. Also the prosecutor was trying to get Osterman to admit that, if you shot someone &, didn't know they were dead or the threat was neutralized, it's commonsense or protocol to keep you gun out. Osterman is ducking & dodging his direct questions, trying not to say anything incriminating on George's behalf. His testimony is more damning than good!
So, what you're saying is, if a person has a concealed weapon, it's ok to attack them and bash their brains out against a concrete sidewalk, right?

NEWS FLASH

Americans have the right to be armed.

ADVISE

If you're a drug-using dropout gangbanger wannabe and are thinking about attacking someone because they appear to be weaker than you, remember that Americans have the right to be armed and you may get blown to hell like Hoodieman.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I read and understood your response.
So, your answer was:
"Do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets, and somehow you expect a different result?"
Is this correct? You would do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets, and you're stupid enough to think you'd have a different experience than the Soviets, right?
okay, besides from lacking any reading comprehension skills, and having no historical knoweledge, you are apparently DUMBER THAN A ROCK.

So we will have to start with the basics

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE SOVIET MISSION WAS IN AFGHANISTAN??

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, Homer has no kids but pays for your brats to go to school.
Homer lives in Virginia?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Ok so DBWriter has acknowledged that Valerie Jarrett is in fact the daughter-in-law, and not the daughter.

So he did get one thing right so far this year.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

If You See Something Say Something....Unless It's U.S. Government War Crimes

Government's Lack of Evidence Will Be on Display in Week 6 of Bradley Manning Trial

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/06/trial-beg...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Government funded? Lmao! He'll get the sheep vote with that for sure. You sheep like free stuff. Government funded = higher taxes.
Homer would pay higher taxes for a smarter populace. It is in the best interest of the country. Why are rightwingers so down on education, smart people, and have an overall disdain for intelligence?
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>It's never too old "news"to criticize a war-mongering President George W Bush or a Ronald Reagan.
Front let me hook you up with RealDave both you and Dave could have a great conversation of irrelevance...LATER!!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Homer lives in Virginia?
Do you have to miss the point of everything? Come on Flack, you cannot be this dumb. Okay so I am paying for some bratty Pennsylvania kids. Is there a state in the Union that does not have public schools? Why do I have to explain everything to you?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wasting your time by presenting factual information in a logical manner. These right wing morons are programmed to only recognize a fantasy world provided by their handlers. As you can plainly see, DBWriter is mentally ill, no chance of having a rational exchange of ideas.
Perhaps you can fill in the blanks for that idiot. His last non-answer was:

"5. We defeat Japan
The Allies reneg on their deal with Uncle Ho
6. France defeated
7. DDE sends in U.S. advisors..."

"Reneg on their deal"
Your idiot friend forgot to mention the details of that deal. Please help him out.

"France defeated"
Your idiot friend forgot to mention that the French were in Vietnam only because Ho Chi Minh went to Paris and asked them to return. He also forgot to mention that the French brought democracy with them. He also forgot to mention that he started a war with them as a result of the people of Vietnam not electing Ho Chi Minh dictator. He also forgot to mention the Soviet Union joined Ho Chi Minh's fight against the French he asked to return to Vietnam, and defeated the French with Soviet weapons.

Now that the battle of Dien Bien Phu is over, what happened next in the history of Vietnam?
(hint: Vietnam is one country when the French leave Vietnam. How did Vietnam become two countries?)

(... psssssttt... The Soviet Union petitioned the UN to divide Vietnam into two separate countries. The UN agrees. The Soviet Union endorse Ho Chi Minh as supreme ruler of North Vietnam... ok, I'm giving you the answers again. So, after Ho Chi Minh divides Vietnam into two countries, what happens next?)
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Can you help us with that one? How many tanks did Janet Napolitano procure while Obama was spending a hundred million dollars on a jaunt in Africa and taking hot meals away from the Armed Forces of the United States serving in Afghanistan?
Now back to the post you keep running away from:
I didn't mean to inadvertently over tax your ability to rationalize. I probably caught you off guard. I'll give you another chance since it was probably a fluke you got your ass handed to you.
Daughter-in-law of communist Vernon Jarrett and has the office immediately adjacent to the Oval Office. You know, the office Obama went to when he was summoned from the golf course when he didn't even have a clue the operation to kill bin Laden was even happening. You ran away from that discussion previously when the truth about Obama being indoctrinated in Marxist communism his entire life got shoved up your ass.
Now, back to the topic you responded to:
It's 9/12.
You're the president.
What do you do? Do you:
1) Surrender to the muslim jihad? or;
2) Do the Bill Clinton thing and lob a few cruise missiles into their general direction? or;
3) Do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets, and somehow you expect a different result? or;
4) You do something different.
If you choose 4) You do something different, what do you do?
... well, dumbass?
No, I don't know about the tanks, that is why I was asking you. I thought you said she had 2400 or something like that, I just assumed you knew what type(s).

The 100 million has been debunked coincidentally 100 million times. Do you get all your info from rightwing fringe sites?

The daughter-in-law? LOL

Anyone here been heavily influenced by the politics of their father-in-law?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>

Do we have to fight ANOTHER war to make these points about limited government and individual rights?
like limiting laws to secular laws and no infusing religious dogma into our legal system
like allowing citizens to marry the individual of their choice
like allowing citizens to decide what medical procedures to have and to respect doctor patient confidentiality
like keeping our laws based on facts
like letting doctors decide medical facts

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Here Homer.

Jarrett was a member of the Board of Directors for the Woodlawn Preservation and Investment Corporation along with several Davis and Rezko associates as well as the Fund for Community Redevelopment and Revitalization, an organization that worked with Rezko and Davis.

The Chicago Sun Times reported that one Rezko-managed housing project was "riddled with problems - including squalid living conditions, lack of heat, squatters and drug dealers".

As Chief Executive Officer of the Habitat Company Jarrett also managed a controversial housing project located in Obama's former state senate district called Grove Parc Plaza. According to the Boston Globe the housing complex was considered "uninhabitable by unfixed problems, such as collapsed roofs and fire damage...In 2006, federal inspectors graded the condition of the complex an 11 on a 100-point scale - a score so bad the buildings now face demolition." Ms. Jarrett refused to comment to the Globe on the conditions of the complex.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/20...

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisrev...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
On behalf of the poster, Whatever...
A number of top SS officials did try to attempt a coup and seize power from Hitler by an assassination and implementing Valkyrie. It obviously failed, so Whatever clearly misspoke.
But he admitted having done so, so now it's your turn to put down the stones and let it go. You'd have lumps all over your body otherwise.
But there is this: Two years after becoming the leader in 1921 after a rapid growth of the Nazi Party by engaging in unrelenting propaganda through the party newspaper, in 1923 Hitler was tried for treason and sentenced to five years in prison for trying to force leaders of the Bavarian government and the local army commander to proclaim a national revolution, only serving nine months.
During Hitlerís absence in prison, the Nazi Party languished and Hitler was forbidden to make speeches after his release in Bavaria and other German states until 1928. But by 1926, Hitler had successfully established his position again.
A coup of sorts.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/267...
I learn something new all the time on here.
Did you and Whatever go to the same school? With Galt?

Post #939421 Galt says: Hitler was democratically elected

then:

Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

Reply Ľ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
15 hrs ago

Judged:

John Galt wrote:

<quoted text>
Right or wrong, McCain is advocating abiding by US law, while Obama is once again reusing to follow the law.

Whatever wrote:(post 939568)
Yes, it is a US law.

However, how do you reconcile an unpopular government who diddle away their time trying to create a theocracy rather than dealing with crushing issues important to the citizens such as jobs, foods and gas?

A government who refused to call for a new election despite public demands.

As you pointed out earlier, Hitler was elected to office to but the US participated in a military coup to remove him.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

CBS News: "Valerie Jarrett is the woman known as the other side of Barack Obama's brain."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-4340955...

Homer, do you really want a slumlord to be "the other side of Barack Obama's brain"?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't know about the tanks, that is why I was asking you. I thought you said she had 2400 or something like that, I just assumed you knew what type(s).
The 100 million has been debunked coincidentally 100 million times. Do you get all your info from rightwing fringe sites?
The daughter-in-law? LOL
Anyone here been heavily influenced by the politics of their father-in-law?
LOL, plus they got divorced in the 80's? Pullleeeeze.
I suppose they think she's a Muslim as well since she was born in Iran!
This is all Worldnutdaily crap.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer would pay higher taxes for a smarter populace. It is in the best interest of the country. Why are rightwingers so down on education, smart people, and have an overall disdain for intelligence?
Get rid of the Federal Dept. of Educationd the states and localities would have more than enough money to pay for education. The only thing the DOE has done is destroy the education system in this country. Just like every other federal program.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer would pay higher taxes for a smarter populace. It is in the best interest of the country. Why are rightwingers so down on education, smart people, and have an overall disdain for intelligence?
Me too. They are against education because they won't have enough dummies to go fight their stupid wars.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 866,261 - 866,280 of1,033,276
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

102 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min former res 64,895
Abby 4-16 9 min Mister Tonka 23
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min Oh my 95,963
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,363
Amy 4-16 45 min squishymama 8
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Always Smile 4,019
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 42,920
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]